Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockets Redglare

Never in United's history have we sacked a manager off the back of one terrible result. It takes the the position to become untenable before the manager is sacked, which isn't that far away. Two more losses and the talk will be as if he has already been sacked instead of this IF/WHEN stuff that's happening now
Have you watched any of the football this year? It isn’t just one result, we’ve been dreadful for a long time and this is the final straw.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
He should walk.

The longer this shitshow keeps on rolling, the more his legacy will be tarnished. If he quit today, he would be remembered as the guy who picked the club back up after the toxic mess Jose left behind and managed to build a very competitive squad, albeit lacking the tactical nous and coaching skills to compete with the best

If he stays he will drag the club down with him and leave the morale just as low as it was when he arrived

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Have you watched any of the football this year? It isn’t just one result, we’ve been dreadful for a long time and this is the final straw.
It seems like some fans are just blind and happy to accept shitty standards as long as a former football hero is in charge. Our football has been so poor for a long time and if you look at Oles stats, it shows we are a disaster

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
On top of everything he is one of the very best paid managers in the world.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

'Ok lads now this time I'm serious, Ole deserves another season...'
I was fuming so much when he said "we finished 2nd last season". Why does no one just pull him up on context and expose his BS reasoning? I can understand Charrager not going fully in because it's more comedy if Ole stays to be fair.

Lynty

He should walk.

The longer this shitshow keeps on rolling, the more his legacy will be tarnished. If he quit today, he would be remembered as the guy who picked the club back up after the toxic mess Jose left behind and managed to build a very competitive squad, albeit lacking the tactical nous and coaching skills to compete with the best

If he stays he will drag the club down with him and leave the morale just as low as it was when he arrived
He's just extended his contract to £9m a year. I imagine he will receive the full £27m if he's sacked now - or a reduced amount if he fails to make top 4 (or hit other targets outlined in his contract).

£27m is a lot of money to give up for street cred.

Stevies

Last season was more than ok. We lacked quality players. And this season it is quite understandable that we're struggling playing offensiv football due to the midfielders we have got. They are crap at this level!! With Sancho and Ronaldo in United had to play a more dominating fotball. But how is that possible with our cdm's not able to balance the hole thing. The result is that pressing is to bad and we get overrun etc. So looking at it all, we could see this coming. One big mistake from Ole was not addressing this. But I can understand why he felt we now had to play "the United way".

Ted1985

I was pretty sure we would loose yesterday, but I didnt expect us to get utterly destroyed.

Ole is not a good manager and my subjective reasons are
- Players are not being used to their strenghts
- His formation
- His team selection
- Why the high press? Our players cant handle it atm, this need to be implemented over time in my opinion
- No plan B
- He is easy to plan against
- He doesent use youth, and this is a dealbraker for me
- Letting good players rot on the bench while his favorites loose match after match

Ole the legend, great player, shitty manager.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
The audacity of him telling fans should know better when they were booing at half time against Atalanta

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Surely by this afternoon he’ll be gone? If he can survive a result like that, alongside the season we’re having then he’s never going to leave.

DutchCruijff

For all that folk say about him being a "nice guy", and I agree, but then I think to myself, his treatment of van de Beek is awful.

Just for that alone, he's got 0 sympathy from me.

Cloud7

See quotes like this over time really paint a picture of the type of manager he is, or at least how he comes across. I don't like playing armchair analyst regarding how a person thinks, but when you look at the way Ole talks about football and approaching games, and then you look at the football that the team plays, how we set up, how we approach the opposition etc., it's really hard not to think of it all as just very simplistic and lacking in depth.

spiriticon

Nowt wrong with playing simple football but if you're going to do that, you'll have to do the basics perfectly.

Right now we're as far away from perfected basics as we can get

crossy1686

career ending
It's not one result. This one result had been coming. Everyone and their mother could see it.
It is one result, we've only been hammered like this once before under Ole and results improved afterwards. We've been playing poorly and now we're getting hammered as well. These are career defining moments for managers but he won't be sacked based on that result alone, however he will be sacked when we play shit against Tottenham, Atalanta and City and probably get battered there as well.

crossy1686

career ending
And we've papered over the cracks by winning some of the games where we've been dreadful, now the band aid is ripped off and there's no more hiding behind shit performances that scrape wins and draws. If you think he's getting sacked this week, I've got news for you.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
It is one result, we've only been hammered like this once before under Ole and results improved afterwards. We've been playing poorly and now we're getting hammered as well. These are career defining moments for managers but he won't be sacked based on that result alone, however he will be sacked when we play shit against Tottenham, Atalanta and City and probably get battered there as well.
He should be sacked for the EL final, or the fact we stumbled our way out of the CL group last season, losing to istanbul. He should be sacked for being shite again west ham, villa, everton, villareal, atalanta, wolves, leicester, liverpool. He should be sacked for failing to alter his team and ALWAYS persisting with the 4-2-4 formation when its clear its not working. He should be sacked for winning feck all in 3 years despite spending close to half a billion.

Robbie Boy

We're 2 points worse off in the league in at this stage last season and only 4 better off than the 19/20 season. Just fecking wow.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
It's one result in the context of a mauling, but let's not polish that last 25 minutes Vs Leicester which was equally as embarrassing.

Let's not ignore the form:
WDWLWWLDLL. 4 wins, 10 games - 15 goals conceded already.

£100m net spend this summer
£60m net spend last season
£140m net spend the season before

£300m later and he's losing 4-2 and 5-0 in consecutive weeks. He took the club as far as he could last season, many people already called it.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Its not one result its all of the results and the cyclical nature of his tenure. We're shite and have been nowhere near good enough for a long time now.

If he gets pumped this week then its not on the back of one result. Its the sum of the parts that led to the final straw.

I don't think he'll get sacked yet though which in itself is just quite amazing

Pep's Suit

Unless he losses 3-4 games in a row now I don't think Ole will be sacked any time soon.

Robbie Boy

The fact Liverpool weren't even at their best yesterday and basically stopperd trying to score after their fifth, is fecking scary.

Tony247

It is like we carefully built something promising for 3 years and suddenly everything started crumbling down this season. Problems everywhere. What a havoc this is! Must pause this descent.

Oranges038

I've backed him a lot. Probably wrongly, but I still think he has done a lot of good for the club. What is clear the players either don't know what to do or aren't doing what he wants, the team is all over the place. Keeper, defence, midfield and attack look like they are all playing different games at times. There's zero leadership on the pitch and zero cohesion amongst the players.

Everything about that game yesterday was an utter joke from team selection, to whatever the game plan was that went out the window in less than 10 mins, the subs and the scoreline. Liverpool were gifted all their goals,they didn't even have to work hard for them.

At this stage. He has to realise that it whatever it is he is trying to do just is not working. If he doesn't have the solution, then he should swallow his pride and resign.

I don't think he will be sacked until Woodward is out the door. That'll be 4 managers sacked and a billion spent under him with nothing to show for it. He won't want that.

Bobcat

Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, speaking to Sky Sports: "It is not easy to say something apart from it is the darkest day I have had leading these players. We were not good enough individually and as a team, can't give a team like Liverpool those chances but unfortunately we did.

"The whole performance was not good enough. We created openings, they had chances and they have been clinical. The third goal decided the game."

Whose responsibility? "It is mine, that is it. The coaching staff are very, very good, brilliant. I choose the way we approach the game, we were not clinical enough and gave too much spaces and when you give good players space they score.

"We are at home, playing against Liverpool, we have gone here over the last two and half years and had a similar approach to high press but today they scored on their chances I think as Manchester United we should always try to stamp our authority on the game.

"That fourth goal is when you go into half time with having to score one every 15 minutes. I know these boys are capable of it. The fourth, that was probably game over.

"You can look at last season we lose to Spurs 6-1 this is worse, miles worse. This is miles worse for me as a Manchester lad. I've just got to say we have to get over this as quickly as we can.

"I have come too far, we have come too far as a group. We are too close to give up now.

"It is going to be a difficult one. The players will be low but there's loads of characters there.

"We know we are rock bottom, we can't feel any worse than this. Let's see where we take it."
I'm sorry Ole, but thats a load of shite. If they were brilliant we would have seen that translate to good football on the pitch, which it does not.

If Ole had any sense he would have replaced these guys a long time ago, but it seems misguided loyalty or simply no clue about what good coaches actually are means he can say something like that

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I'm sorry Ole, but thats a load of shite. If they were brilliant we would have seen that translate to good football on the pitch, which it does not.

If Ole had any sense he would have replaced these guys a long time ago, but it seems misguided loyalty or simply no clue about what good coaches actually are means he can say something like that
Baffling really. These people actually believe that they are good.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
The fact Liverpool weren't even at their best yesterday and basically stopperd trying to score after their fifth, is fecking scary.
Was kind of relieved tbh. They could have scored more of they wanted.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Aye, They battered us with a midfield of Henderson, Milner and Keita....

If you gave Ole that midfield 3, and Klopp the midfield 3 we had yesterday, i'd venture a guess that the score wouldn't have been all that different.

G-manc

His post match interviews are so frustrating, you just want to shake him to try and get some passion out of him. He always has a semi-smirk on his face and never seems annoyed. 'Too open', 'Didn't move the ball quick enough', 'That's football for you' - it's the same rubbish every week. What are you doing in training to rectify it then? Bottom of nearly very stat in the league - don't run, don't press, slow build up, trying to play out from the back with awful ball players. Horrendous.

Von Mistelroum

Yesterday we were completely dominated like very few clubs ever get dominated. They scored for fun and they took their foot off the gas afterwards in order to not completely humiliate us, relaxing and being under no real pressure like we were conference opposition.

There’s absolutely nothing after that to suggest Ole is going anywhere. He clearly thinks he’s doing well and was just unlucky because he’s completely delusional. The board don’t really seem to care very much either way until they’re affected financially so he’s likely to get at least until the summer. Fans will have to decide between writing off the season and focusing elsewhere or getting behind him and watching the horror unfold until then. I just hope that we don’t wait until the end of the window to act.

Bobcat

I've backed him a lot. Probably wrongly, but I still think he has done a lot of good for the club. What is clear the players either don't know what to do or aren't doing what he wants, the team is all over the place. Keeper, defence, midfield and attack look like they are all playing different games at times. There's zero leadership on the pitch and zero cohesion amongst the players.

Everything about that game yesterday was an utter joke from team selection, to whatever the game plan was that went out the window in less than 10 mins, the subs and the scoreline. Liverpool were gifted all their goals,they didn't even have to work hard for them.

At this stage. He has to realise that it whatever it is he is trying to do just is not working. If he doesn't have the solution, then he should swallow his pride and resign.

I don't think he will be sacked until Woodward is out the door. That'll be 4 managers sacked and a billion spent under him with nothing to show for it. He won't want that.
Agreed.

Imo, his tenure here has not been as catastrophic as many would like it, and he does leave a very good squad behind, but that has to be the end of the road for him.

I just find it bizarre how much we have regressed this season despite adding 3 quality players. Even during the Dark Ages pre Bruno it wasnt as bad as this. Yes we could not score in a brothel, but even then we were generally harder to beat

Honestly, our attacking play isnt that terrible, but our defending have been complete shambles this season. Like utterly embarrassing

Status
Not open for further replies.