Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Yea, I remember your smugness as well back then. When you would highlight why anyone would want Ole sacked despite being top of the league and other similiar comments that disregarded how poor our performance.

Not having a go, just seeing some fans on here finally coming to an understanding what I knew years ago.
I've made several posts on here highligting why I prefer to stick with a project rather than being reactionary and short sighted. If you feel that is some type of abuse, then I wish you luck in the real world.

This could very well be an incredibly sad day for Manchester United FC and your first thought is to go after people and play "gotcha". I'd think long and hard about what kind of priorities those are.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
I've made several posts on here highligting why I prefer to stick with a project rather than being reactionary and short sighted. If you feel that is some type of abuse, then I wish you luck in the real world.

This could very well be an incredibly sad day for Manchester United FC and your first thought is to go after people and play "gotcha". I'd think long and hard about what kind of priorities those are.
If he isnt sacked yes.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I hate seeing all the papers and Twitter accounts speculating when he’s going to go. He’s failed, but he’s still one of us. I’d rather we just sacked him, or backed him. Seeing Liverpool based papers speculate his sacking makes me feel ill.

AshRK

If he is sacked , I will have not ill feeling towards him. People like to mock him but the work he did minus this season's fiasco has been pretty decent. Yes no trophy part hurts but he did stabilize us in the league. He should have been never given a new contract and should have been a goner after the Europa loss.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Its also the last link to Sir Alex's legacy appart from Ronaldo who's come home. But moreover, Ole is a club legend in his own right. You never want that not to end well.
Both SAF and Sir Matt were not United legends before they came here. We have to find the right manager again, who would rebuild this club. Ole clearly isn't that. His 3 years of "hard work" resulted in yesterday's monumental, embarrassing collapse - that's what he accomplished.

Irwin99

If he is sacked , I will have not ill feeling towards him. People like to mock him but the work he did minus this season's fiasco has been pretty decent. Yes no trophy part hurts but he did stabilize us in the league. He should have been never given a new contract and should have been a goner after the Europa loss.
I feel like i'm kicking a guy when he's down and he'll always be a legend at the club but his first season was a bit flukey at times and he got 3rd place with 66 points. Jose got 69 points in his first season and finished 6th.

The second season was much better and I don't feel he should have been sacked after the EL final even though it was pretty disastrous but the warning signs were there from when he got the job permanently.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
“ For three years, United have been driven by the logic of the theme park but at some point, very soon, even the nostalgists must surely accept that there is need for a change of leadership. After all, however much the punters may love Mickey Mouse, nobody expects him to run Disneyland.”

Johnathan Wilson on United v Liverpool.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-a-clue-what-they-are-doing-solskjaer-ronaldo

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Agreed. He rebuilt a shit squad. A new manager should be able to get a decent tune out of what he’s got

UnofficialDevil

Its also the last link to Sir Alex's legacy appart from Ronaldo who's come home. But moreover, Ole is a club legend in his own right. You never want that not to end well.
So he isnt the last link is he. Not a sad day for me. The sad day was getting humiliated by Liverpool because of him.
Ill be happy if he goes, he was holding our team back. I support United not Ole.

Cantonaaa!

Ole is getting a lot of critisism, and rightly so when talking about the footballing decisions as of lately. He should however never have ended up in this position, but as we know the men at the top gave him a permanent job way to prematurely. There were no real reason to give it at that time.

the chameleon

I hate seeing all the papers and Twitter accounts speculating when he’s going to go. He’s failed, but he’s still one of us. I’d rather we just sacked him, or backed him. Seeing Liverpool based papers speculate his sacking makes me feel ill.
Then you need to start taking vitamin D and zinc to improve that weak immune system of yours.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
So he isnt the last link is he. Not a sad day for me. The sad day was getting humiliated by Liverpool because of him.
Ill be happy if he goes, he was holding our team back. I support United not Ole.
Yes thats fair. Everyone supports the club.

My personal preference is the route of football romanticism, thats what I would have wanted.

We're now going the route of being just another club that changes managers every 2-3 years and I think thats downright sad, but thats my personal stance.

Tony247

I second that.

united for life

it sucks reading the news today. Wanted him to succeed. You’re spot on, i hate all the speculations.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Then you need to start taking vitamin D and zinc to improve that weak immune system of yours.
I could be wrong but isn’t vitamin C the one for the immune system? I figured that’s where the phrase an apple a day keeps the doctor away came from.

UnofficialDevil

Yes thats fair. Everyone supports the club.

My personal preference is the route of football romanticism, thats what I would have wanted.

We're now going the route of being just another club that changes managers every 2-3 years and I think thats downright sad, but thats my personal stance.
Yeah I'm romantic in that way too. I would have loved SAF to be our manager forever. But, I never though Ole was good enough or the right appointment. We could have another manager manage us for years you never know, but it doesn't have to be an ex United player. I mean SAF wasn't was he. Let's see. This squad is good enough to win many things but needs a manager to help them do that.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Who do you fear more from United potentially? Conte or Ten Hag?
With your squad, Zidane. You have the personnel to run his style of attack. I do not think you have the midfield suited to Conte, I honestly am not familiar with Ten Hag to know the personnel he would want.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Very curious whats taking them so long.

Just please not Conte.
I suspect we need to sound out replacements, obviously there are free agents and whatnot, but there's a chance our priority could be managing someone currently and we need to put out feelers. Either that or maybe we don't even have a contingency plan, although that's a very pessimistic take a on multi-billion pound company.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Apparently, only in the PL you can get away with a 0-5 against a direct bitter rival.

Think of a "Bayern 0-5 Dortmund", a "Juventus 0-5 Inter" or a "Barcelona 0-5 Madrid": the manager would be immediately sacked. But no, not in England; 0-5 against the vermin in one of the most painful nights in the PL history of this club. Yet Ole is still the manager.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Apparently, only in the PL you can get away with a 0-5 against a direct bitter rival.

Think of a "Bayern 0-5 Dortmund", a "Juventus 0-5 Inter" or a "Barcelona 0-5 Madrid": the manager would be immediately sacked. But no, not in England; 0-5 against the vermin in one of the most painful nights in the PL history of this club. Yet Ole is still the manager.
How did Mourinho survive when his side was thumped 5-0 by Barcelona

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
How did Mourinho survive when his side was thumped 5-0 by Barcelona
Yes, 5-0, not 0-5, to begin with; he famously received an ultimatum by Floren, anyway; he kept his job because after the debacle Madrid made a very decent Liga run + UCL semis + Copa title. Also, Mou had won the UCL just some months ago. What are Ole's credentials? The EL final??

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
it sucks reading the news today. Wanted him to succeed. You’re spot on, i hate all the speculations.
Agreed. I have been pretty vocal here arguing against Ole inners but today just feels bad. Really hoped he would succeed here but unfortunately he wasn't good enough tactically.

Amir

“ For three years, United have been driven by the logic of the theme park but at some point, very soon, even the nostalgists must surely accept that there is need for a change of leadership. After all, however much the punters may love Mickey Mouse, nobody expects him to run Disneyland.”

Johnathan Wilson on United v Liverpool.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-a-clue-what-they-are-doing-solskjaer-ronaldo
I'm guessing that this time Jonathan Wilson's text won't be going to the 'the media is ABU' thread, like when he foresaw what was coming at the start of the season.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Man, Ole must have been the most incompetent manager we had since ferguson left. The fans that backed him must be named and shamed after they abused so many posters on here
How dare they back our manager :rolleyes:
There's absolutely no need for that and the Ole in crowd generally wasn't abusive. Go look back in the performances thread after our wins and losses a couple of games back. The losses were complete meltdowns, while the wins were fairly reasonable.

Yes, 5-0, not 0-5, to begin with; he famously received an ultimatum by Floren, anyway; he kept his job because after the debacle Madrid made a very decent Liga run + UCL semis + Copa title. Also, Mou had won the UCL just some months ago. What are Ole's credentials? The EL final??
Yes :(

United in sin

I could be wrong but isn’t vitamin C the one for the immune system? I figured that’s where the phrase an apple a day keeps the doctor away came from.
Vitamin D and Zinc are very benefitial for the immune system as well. B6 and C are up there of course

Red Star One

He was there since late 2018. After 20/21 season with solid spending and many players shifted following his decisions, we had an extremely embarrassing Champions League group stage exit, failed to challenge for any domestic cup, lost Europe League final and finished the league yes, second, but on 74 points and miles behind champions. How on earth he was offered an extension, this must have been one of the most absurd decision of such kind in Premier League history.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
How dare they back our manager :rolleyes:
There's absolutely no need for that and the Ole in crowd generally wasn't abusive. Go look back in the performances thread after our wins and losses a couple of games back. The losses were complete meltdowns, while the wins were fairly reasonable.

Yes :(
:lol: it is because you were not the one being abused. I doubt you would know. Nothing wrong about backing the manager, but when other had negative opinion about Ole during that period where we had good result, they definitely were more vocal against criticismof ole. It is weird how quiet they have become now or flipped flopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.