Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Can’t see any tweets or online links yet for these articles but (yes I know terrible sources) both the daily star and daily express are reporting that ‘senior’ stars saved Ole his job.

This is similar to the last couple days where we had conflicting reports from various different sources and we’re not talking a couple details here, we’re talking complete opposite.

What is going on to cause such a stark difference? Usually it’s a minor detail here or there not differing reports

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/59045925

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
He has made 3 massive errors in my eyes.

1. He has not chosen a style of play in the beginning and stuck with it slowly improving it over time.

2. He has not brought in enough experience in the coaching team.

3. He has not involved the whole squad and as a result created dissent in the dressing room.

These are schoolboy errors from a manager with enough experience to know better.

Two minor errors.

1. Lying during press conferences. He literally sugarcoats or bypasses everything thrown at him. Every manager lies but come on.

2. Not directing the team from the technical area. He does occasionally when he is desperate but most decent managers are giving instructions to their players throughout every game.

Honestly I think he is conflict avoidant.

I hope this doesn't drag on. I expect a managerial change after the City game.

Last edited:

passtheball

This was inevitable. When you keep playing players who are underperforming (even injured!), then you get a demotivated squad, one half of which are complacent about their place in the starting 11, and the other half who know that no matter what they do they will never get a chance.

Ole's alleged prowess in man management was always a PR blitz by his supporters, because they sure as hell could not point to much else in terms of tactics or team consistency.

And while we are at it, let us look again into the players he bought over multiple windows:

Failures under Ole:
James.

Never United level but Ole kept playing him even when he was about to be sold.
Dony van de Beek
Started 4 PL matches, never two consecutively. As a subsititue almost always brought on after 85 minutes. Understudy to McFred; enough said.
Telles
Never given a chance.
Dialo, Pellestri
Who?
Sancho
73m RW who has not been played on the right. Did not make appearances in two PL home games this season (both defeats). No goals and assists yet.

Players not playing to their potential:
Wan-Bissaka

Has not learned to cross a ball in two years.
Maguire
Swings between decent and catastrophic. Looked better at Leicester.
Varane
Team was still leaking goals in his presence.
Ronaldo
You could argue that he introduces limitations to a team, but he has never looked this ineffective in any team in his career.

Players who have done well:
Fernandes

Saved his job. Racking up the individual stats but is emphatically not part of a functional 3-man midfield.

When Ole gets sacked, he will have thoroughly deserved it.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
You forgot 35m Amad

I would say Ronaldo has done well, a lot of talk around him is ridiculous. Doing his job which is scoring goals

The fall off in the team I do not believe has anything to do with him in reality. Were we playing this badly at times last season, we were just very good at comebacks.

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
Fun fact: Ole has the third-highest win ratio of any manager in the club's history.

Raw

This was inevitable. When you keep playing players who are underperforming (even injured!), then you get a demotivated squad, one half of which are complacent about their place in the starting 11, and the other half who know that no matter what they do they will never get a chance.

Ole's alleged prowess in man management was always a PR blitz by his supporters, because they sure as hell could not point to much else in terms of tactics or team consistency.

And while we are at it, let us look again into the players he bought over multiple windows:

Failures under Ole:
James.

Dony van de Beek
Started 4 PL matches, never two consecutively. As a subsititue almost always brought on after 85 minutes. Understudy to McFred; enough said.
Telles
Never given a chance.
Dialo, Pellestri
Who?
Sancho
73m RW who has not been played on the right Did not made appearances in two PL home games this season (both defeats). No goals and assists yet.

Wan-Bissaka

Maguire
Varane
Ronaldo
You could argue that he introduces limitations to a team, but he has never looked this ineffective in any team in his career.

Fernandes

Saved his job. Racking up the individual stats but is emphatically not part of a functional 3-man midfield.

Puts things into perspective a bit. Everyone praises the players he brought in, but not being able to get them playing to the best of their ability is on him. Even Fernandes has spells of being utterly shit, a good manager should be able to pick out his faults and improve him.

You forgot Cavani and Ighalo too. I'd say Cavani's done well, just a shame we aren't playing him more.

justsomebloke

Seriously, have you watched any United lately? Ole was already playing to not lose instead of trying to win. Making defensive subs when we're down, playing with the so called reliable midfield pairing.
I've watched all of it, every second. And this is just clueless. It's not been good, but for completely other, and in part exact opposite, reasons than these.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I hope Ole's inadequacies are on display against Spurs - there will be lower threshold of tolerance from the board now that he is on the brink of being sacked. I'm sick and tired of false dawns. I'd be fine if we take a point and the manager walks.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He has made 3 massive errors in my eyes.

1. He has not chosen a style of play in the beginning and stuck with it slowly improving it over time.

2. He has not brought in enough experience in the coaching team.

3. He has not involved the whole squad and as a result created dissent in the dressing room.

These are schoolboy errors from a manager with enough experience to know better.

Two minor errors.

1. Lying during press conferences. He literally sugarcoats or bypasses everything thrown at him. Every manager lies but come on.

2. Not directing the team from the technical area. He does occasionally when he is desperate but most decent managers are giving instructions to their players throughout every game.

Honestly I think he is conflict avoidant.

I hope this doesn't drag on. I expect a managerial change after the City game.
Point 1 I don’t agree with at all.

He’s tried to adapt the team as it’s matured and new signings have come in. Look at Pep and look at Klopp at their respective clubs. Both of them have played quite different tactics from one season to the next and had varying degrees of success with them.

Flexdegea

We should be replacing him but the bolded is complete boll@x.

It doesn't matter at the moment. Results go bad and everything fecking shite at the moment from Ole, Fletcher, murtogh, coaching, nothing good with the club at all, while the players seem to be getting a bye again.

Every little source from complete wankers is posted as factual, as much comedy as our last game.

That c##t Romano hasn't a fecking clue about anything, but his tweaks are getting shared about like he's in the know. I repeat he knows f##k all about nothing. The same clown made a video be was sacked.

I think he's going to be going soon, but at same time if we manage to turn it around and get results in next 3 games, a massive ask, then I'll not be depressed about it, it's what we want, results. If we lost I'd imagine just one more nail into the coffin until we actually have a plan in place to get the manager the club wants in.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If half the players are against him and you are telegraphing that he is on a match to match basis, what do you expect, other than another ass-whopping at Spurs with players downing their tools? I sometimes swear these asswipes know nothing about running a football club. We're throwing points away at this juncture with indecision. Even Mike Phelan as caretaker would do no worse.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Nobody Will be happier than me if Ole and the team somehow bounce back now.
I could see a similar winning streak as when he took over after Mourinho. If not then thanks for the memories and move on.

Problem is that I dont get excited when reading about the potential managers available right now mid season. Ten Hag in the summer is my choice.
Some people are still not tired of False Dawn FC.

Revan

Assumptionman
You have to admire Ole's tenacity and self-belief, but it's hard to imagine that he's learned anything from his dismal performance as manager over the past three months.
There is nothing to admire in Dunning-Kruger effect. Though I genuinely think that is worse than that and he’s simply a snake oil salesman and has been so since the beginning. He knows that he is nowhere good for United, but persists with this cause of money and cause he knows that his ‘elite’ managerial experience will be over after this.

The next teams he’ll manage will be Norwegian teams that no one except Norwegian posters here know their name. If every job in the first two English divisions opens, no one touches Ole. And he knows it well, it is impossible to not know it.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
The next teams he’ll manage will be Norwegian teams that no one except Norwegian posters here know their name. If every job in the first two English divisions opens, no one touches Ole. And he knows it well, it is impossible to not know it.
Someone mentioned here the other day, in the aftermath of Neville’s bizarre defence of Solskjaer, that Neville should employ Solskjaer as Salford’s next manager if he’s so bowled over by his managerial and coaching acumen. We all know that wouldn’t happen in a million years as a) Solskjaer’s ego wouldn’t allow him to drop down the rungs so spectacularly in search of his next job, and b) Neville is just posturing and genuinely wouldn’t hire Solskjaer in a month of Sundays.

It’s incredible that the manager of the self-styled ‘biggest club in the world’ would have to drop into the third or fourth tier of the English game in order to find a job. Where else on earth would that be the case, but United? Flabbergasting levels of delusion and incompetency in the corridors of power at Old Trafford, and influential mouthpieces like Neville are just exasperating the problem.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Failures under Ole:
James.

Dony van de Beek
Telles
Never given a chance.
Dialo, Pellestri
Who?
Sancho
73m RW who has not been played on the right. Did not make appearances in two PL home games this season (both defeats). No goals and assists yet.

Wan-Bissaka

Maguire
Varane
Ronaldo

Fernandes

You forgot 35m Amad

I would say Ronaldo has done well, a lot of talk around him is ridiculous. Doing his job which is scoring goals

The fall off in the team I do not believe has anything to do with him in reality. Were we playing this badly at times last season, we were just very good at comebacks.
What’s wrong with Amad now?!

Everyone is getting it lately. Lads only 19/20 & you’re already writing him off, the lads class & it’s obvious he has oodles of talent. Pellistri is also highly highly rated. Patience.

Vargo Hoat

Supports
Union Berlin
Sancho
Have seen so many people on here claiming Sancho to be a right-winger it has all but become an established truth on the caf. It's just not accurate though, is it. Last season at Dortmund he played 15 times on the left and 14 times on the right, posting far better goal numbers from the left, and similar assist numbers from both sides. At the very least, he is just as good from the left as he is from the right.

Green Arrow

I don't want to see any changes to the formation or players on Saturday, if he does that then he's just out to save his job that's all and he is a coward. If he wanted to play players like DVB, Bailly etc why didn't he do that earlier in the season, why didn't he play more of the squad when players like Fred, Mctomminay and Maguire were all playing bad. The team he keeps on playing is his first team and he should stick with that team and see how they repsond. He shouldn't be here at all.

McUnited

A strong push from the media to remove Solskjaer over the last few days. It seems unfair that the media get to dictate the narrative so much and direct the social chatter... Even if he isn't under pressure internally, they could probably drum up enough external pressure to remove him (or anyone on the planet) from his office. Scary.

passtheball

Have seen so many people on here claiming Sancho to be a right-winger it has all but become an established truth on the caf. It's just not accurate though, is it. Last season at Dortmund he played 15 times on the left and 14 times on the right, posting far better goal numbers from the left, and similar assist numbers from both sides. At the very least, he is just as good from the left as he is from the right.
But we bought him so that he could play on the right, surely? We are stacked on the left with Rashford and Martial and even Pogba who has been played there by Ole. Did we really need to spend 73m for that position? No, the most likely answer is that we bought him to play on the right, but Ole doesn't know how to use him.

Left or right, the fact that he has no goals or assists this season is down to how dysfunctional we are going forward.

What’s wrong with Amad now?!

Everyone is getting it lately. Lads only 19/20 & you’re already writing him off, the lads class & it’s obvious he has oodles of talent. Pellistri is also highly highly rated. Patience.
I am not writing any of them off as players, in the same way that I have not written off Sancho or Donny. I am, however, writing them all off under Ole.

Max_United

I would be surprised if we get good results in the next 3 games. I mean, it is obvious that he lost at least significant parts of the dressing room. What motivation is for them to play well? To keep the guy they do not want as Manager in his job? If the board needs more time to decide on a replacement then fair enough (although we should not be in this situation in the first place of course), but there is a reason "caretakers" exist - when a manager lost his dressing room then when he is fired at least players know that change is definitely coming and there is no incentive to down tools.

And it is funny how all the thousands of comments about "positive atmosphere" under Ole look now. Even when we all knew Mourinho was gone and lost the dressing room - I cannot remember such a huge amount of leaks about so many people being unhappy. It is a classic situation in corporate world actually - a too nice but incompetent manager comes in, team (or at least his favorite pals) like him on a personal level, but then there is underperformance, unhappy clients etc and lots of blame us going around and the atmosphere in the end is no better or even worse than under previous strict boss.

RUCK4444

It doesn't matter at the moment. Results go bad and everything fecking shite at the moment from Ole, Fletcher, murtogh, coaching, nothing good with the club at all, while the players seem to be getting a bye again.

Every little source from complete wankers is posted as factual, as much comedy as our last game.

That c##t Romano hasn't a fecking clue about anything, but his tweaks are getting shared about like he's in the know. I repeat he knows f##k all about nothing. The same clown made a video be was sacked.

I think he's going to be going soon, but at same time if we manage to turn it around and get results in next 3 games, a massive ask, then I'll not be depressed about it, it's what we want, results. If we lost I'd imagine just one more nail into the coffin until we actually have a plan in place to get the manager the club wants in.
Completely agree on the bolded and I like to think I was the first person to really call him out on here a good few windows back. Absolute bullsh*t artist. People's need for a singe reliable source of information

Also agree that the players get a free pass in all this. We should be looking at replacements now for the manager and staff, no doubt and I'm on board with it at this stage due to how we've gone backwards this season, but the players time and again put pathetic, weak performances in (both mentally and physically) and get to blame the manager, doesn't wash with me. They are a talented group, but barely a fecking grown man between them.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
If true, and a big 'if', given saying anything like that in front of Ole would be so belittling, you just can't see a way back for him. I can only assume at this point the club have told Ole it's over but to try and go out on a high. To have players talking about a new manager is crazy whilst the current one is still in place.

All these leaks are coming from somewhere and it is almost certain now that somebody high up at United is setting the narrative. Same happened with Moyes, LVG and Jose.

Castia

I don’t think ive ever seen a management team get so much stick and still stay in the job. Hodgson at Liverpool was bad but this is another level.

Club legend and respected by all but if the club can’t see this is the end then that’s worrying in itself there’s no coming back now.

El Zoido

He’s clearly done, it seems to me like we’re trying to line up his replacement before pulling the trigger.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
If true, and a big 'if', given saying anything like that in front of Ole would be so belittling, you just can't see a way back for him. I can only assume at this point the club have told Ole it's over but to try and go out on a high. To have players talking about a new manager is crazy whilst the current one is still in place.

All these leaks are coming from somewhere and it is almost certain now that somebody high up at United is setting the narrative. Same happened with Moyes, LVG and Jose.
Could it be an ex- Sun employee now working for United?

Status
Not open for further replies.