Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaos

No matter what he said today you guys were gonna take the piss. Why are you even paying attention?
Leave us alone, this is our copium. Clubs a complete mess at the moment, so fishing for some Ole David Brent-esque quotes is all we have right now :lol: :(

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I cannot believe he used an analogy of a boxing fight. It’s so fecking mental that I’m lost for words. :lol: :lol:

Skills

Snitch

He looks done tbh. I don't think I've ever seen a professional manager look so defeated

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Few of you guys saying he looks close to tears. Maybe he knows it's his last press conference.

He looks done tbh. I don't think I've ever seen a professional manager look so defeated
Edit: Yes, that last couple of seconds he looked like he was struggling to contain his emotions.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
The worst thing about the boxing analogy is that Martin Tyler will be thinking up some stupid closing statement to tie into boxing for the game tomorrow.

johanovic

This first part of the press conference was just pathetic...I feel sorry for OGS the person but he´s looking like he´s just done. I always hope that United will win a game but I doubt we will see a different performance tomorrow. Rooney was right to criticise the workrate of the team...is that not the fault of the manager? They are supposed to be able to work as hard as any other team but they never do..that has to be a result of the work of the coaching team not good enough..if not then you throw them out of the team no matter who they are. And for OGS to step up for the worst culprit of everything that´s wrong on the field in Pogba was just baffling. Pogba is not here in his mind and does not give a toss as seen in to many games for us. Getting sent of last weekend in a lost situation and bailing out for the next 3 games was just dreadful...get Pogba out of here in January.
As for OGS again he´s done as everybody can see. Why prolong the suffering?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

Dunno, he seems pretty much usual to me.

He seems a bit sheepish because I’m sure he knows he shouldn’t still be in a job, but his general demeanour, clueless muttering etc is pretty much the same really.

I think he knows he’s going nowhere and his job is safe. Maybe feels a bit embarrassed but overall the same.

James35

Amazon have missed a trick not making a documentary on us this season. The level of comedy and ineptitude that must go on behind the scenes would make award winning TV.

Kaos

Amazon have missed a trick not making a documentary on us this season. The level of comedy and ineptitude that must go on behind the scenes would make award winning TV.
We'd definitely be a shoe in for next season if we keep Ole on.

Swedish_Plumber

Deary me they’re right when they say a team mirrors the manager. Just a jumble of buzzwords to keep up the facade of everything being ok and the possibility of recovery. No wonder we’re a mess.

Tbf to him though there’s not much more he can say without resigning/being sacked.

Paxi

The worst thing about the boxing analogy is that Martin Tyler will be thinking up some stupid closing statement to tie into boxing for the game tomorrow.
True. It’s definitely coming.

saivet

Felt sorry for him watching that press conference. He looks and sounds like a defeated man.

MalaysianRed7

Genuinely an awful presser. Ridiculous analogies like the Tyson Fury one, saying the players are ready to give their all like they always do etc.

In fairness, the way he started off by saying “I’m doing good, why shouldn’t I be” was reminiscent of Moyes starting off his last presser by jovially asking the journalists if they had a cup of coffee for him. Didn’t sound like a very confident manager. Spoke of us being punch drunk, but he sounded like the only one who was punch drunk.

CallyRed

"I've got great support, fans around the country have been singing my name, it's great to hear"

Paxi

People reading way too much into a press conference where nothing of real note was said.
Just like his every other press conference. I don’t think I have ever heard Ole say anything noteworthy.

“Bounce back” “Passion” “Hard work” — just throw out absolute garbage and hope people just look at you slightly confused.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
You're all reading far too much into that presser. :lol::lol:

He looks distraught... No, he looks perfectly normal.

A boxing analogy what the f*ck... plenty of managers use analogies in press conferences and refer to other sports.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Not a single journalist asked him why he switched from counterattacking football to the current chaotic pressing from the front? Not one?

Useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.