Ole Gunnar Solskjær handling of injuries

passing-wind

It's bad I have to just reserve my opinion because some of the brown nose posters will take offence. Solskjaer's man management has been beyond poor.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He shouldn't have been playing but we're a bottom half team without Rashford's form this season. As I expect we'll soon realise.

Rolaholic

Honestly if all the reports on Rashford's injury and the lead up to reaggravating are true, I'll have to jump on to the Ole out wagon because it's incredibly shortsighted and incompetent risking an already injured player so important to the squad over a bloody cup match.

It wouldn't be so infuriating if we hadn't just gone through the same thing just last month with Pogba rushing back against fecking Colchester only to require surgery after reaggrevating it after.

The club should be asking hard questions of our phsyios as well while we're at it for downplaying serious injuries to our best players and allowing them to continue risking further injury

Apokalips

Pure negligence on his part. Is no coincidence that Pogba, Martial, McTominay and Rashford got injured and then re-injured not long after.

There has also been two occasions where Lingard was brought on after injury and then subbed back off injured again. It's poor.

croadyman

I am proper annoyed with Ole over this Rashford injury, why didn't he say to him look I know you want to play but I am resting you for own good.

I really hope Rashford listens to what Van Persie said about not rushing back from this injury too quick. He needs to think about prolonging his football career.

Last edited:

Bojan11

Our medical team needs to be looked at for a long time.

We seem to pick up a lot of injuries every season and it’s increased since Fergie has left. When Fergie was here you could use the excuse of ageing players and young players like Evans/Jones. But everyone arriving here seems to get injured more than they did at previous clubs.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The only way this is an Ole problem is if our medical team is telling him one thing and he’s ignoring them and doing another.

He’s not a doctor, he has to follow the advice of those with PHD’s and Sports Science degrees that we are paying an absolute fortune to look after our player’s wellbeing.

He'sRaldo

The only way this is an Ole problem is if our medical team is telling him one thing and he’s ignoring them and doing another.

He’s not a doctor, he has to follow the advice of those with PHD’s and Sports Science degrees that we are paying an absolute fortune to look after our player’s wellbeing.
The evidence for his attitude towards injuries is clear. We've seen it on matchday.

Maguire is injured, still on the pitch. Scott is injured, completes the entire half before getting subbed. Same for Shaw. Rashford obviously playing in pain and discomfort. That's quite a few separate instances where he's preferred the players play on and risk further injury, as opposed to taking them off immediately.

I don't think much different will be happening behind the scenes.

He'sRaldo

To be fair, some have been complaining about this for a while now. Look back at the Maguire thread back when he got injured, I said the same things. The Rashford injury just pissed me off more and made me a bit more vocal about it because, c'mon, it's Rashford!

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
We have a small squad of players so it is no surprise that injuries stack up. Players play with injury all the time and occasionally this turns out to be a bad idea. Sometimes it is mismanagement and sometimes it is bad luck. The knee-jerk reaction is all the people in this thread who KNOW what happened and why and then blame Ole. They have zero idea what actually happened.

Axkiko

If Ed Woodward brought someone to replace Alexis and Lukaku, Ole would love to rest Rashford.

Ole did really well to get rid of some deadwood and I bet him never thought the CEO of Manchester United can be that inability to bring someone in to replace these deadwoods.

He'sRaldo

We have a small squad of players so it is no surprise that injuries stack up. Players play with injury all the time and occasionally this turns out to be a bad idea. Sometimes it is mismanagement and sometimes it is bad luck. The knee-jerk reaction is all the people in this thread who KNOW what happened and why and then blame Ole. They have zero idea what actually happened.
Fair enough, although I don't really expect any new info to be that different to what we've already heard. I guess the fact that the injuries have so drastically affected our season makes it all the more frustrating.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Oh FFS.
Pogba: Did his ankle vs Palace(?). Had treatment and scans and was deemed fit to join the squad. Played in a cup game vs Rochdale and made his injury much worse. Which one of these scenarios seems the most likely: 1) He was deemed fit and this was seen as a good opportunity to regain some match fitness in a low intensity game. 2) Pogba was in severe discomfort, but Ole forced him to play because he HAD to play vs fecking Rochdale

McTomminay: Did his ankle vs Partizan, returned and played well then hurt his knee vs Newcastle. As far as i know, knee and ankle is not the same. Anyways he stayed on the pitch for the entire half, but when that happens there are mainly two parties that need to make the call. The medical staff that gives the player treatment and the player himself. Do you see managers run onto the pitch and conduct medical examinations? Sure he could have taken him off as a precaution, but that would mean we would have to sub a player every time he went down. Hell James would have been have to be subbed like 3 times each game since he gets clattered non stop'

Rashford: Yes, he had backpain. That device everyone talks about is something he has used his entire life. He had loads of back problems while going through puberty. The medical staff and the player himself and the coaching team knew he had pain, but he still got green lighted to participate in the squad vs Wolves. If its the case here that he was deemed a high risk for injury by the medical people and was advised to not join the squad, and still Ole went against their recommendations, then yes. That is severe negligence on his part an utterly unforgivable

Like i get, it. You dont think hes a good enough manager, but stop with the damn smears please. Rashford in particular should ideally have been rested more, but seeing as hes our most important player and we lack good backup you either take risk with having your best players play a lot of games, or you put out a weakened side. We went into the season with 4 senior attackers sharing 3 spots. With a squad this thin stress injuries like these was bound to happen.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Someone had to have known Rashford had a single back stress fracture before the Wolves game.

The NBSCN commentators said he had one prior to the game, but then after the game, had a double.

It's impossible that this wasn't known by someone at the club.

And now because of gross negligence, Rashford is out for a lengthy period.
I don't think you know how painful a back stress fracture is if you honestly believe Rashford would have been able to run and play in the Wolves game if he was suffering from one.

ISMAIL-007

The root of the problem is having a thin squad as a result we are overplaying everybody, i can't believe the people in charge couldn't foresee this, i mean how incompetent these guys are?
At some point everybody is going to get injury and on top of that the medical team will forced to rush players back before full recovery which makes sense because we have no squad depth.
It's freaking annoying because it does not require Master degree in Accounting or MBA to see the problems at Utd and despite all the mediocrity the current regime has brought to this team nobody has ever lost their job from the top management/Board.

Eddy_JukeZ

I don't think you know how painful a back stress fracture is if you honestly believe Rashford would have been able to run and play in the Wolves game if he was suffering from one.
I don't, but now more reports have circulated that Rashford did have a back injury prior to the Wolves game.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The worst thing about this is : for what?

Our season is a write off. It's against wolves. Nothing to play for, it's not exactly champions league final. Just like playing pogba against rochdale.

Zidane took a pain pill on a world cup final, not league cup 3rd round

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Not a very experienced manager and doesnt have a lot of players to work with.

Just going to repeat myself here, He has the right idea on what United should be like but He lacks the experience to carry the idea forward. Too brave with his selling and loaning but doesn't have any plan B to make up for it.

Asger

Everyday new ex players prove how stupid they are! Rashford should have said he is not fit to play, just like when normal people call in when they can’t go to work because of illness or injury:

And this pressure is just insane coming from spoiled fans.

Asger

Once again a Manchester United manager puts his own interests above the clubs.
Ok, SAF was lucky then to keep his job after he clearly forced Rooney to play against Bayern.

Asger

Honestly if all the reports on Rashford's injury and the lead up to reaggravating are true, I'll have to jump on to the Ole out wagon because it's incredibly shortsighted and incompetent risking an already injured player so important to the squad over a bloody cup match.

It wouldn't be so infuriating if we hadn't just gone through the same thing just last month with Pogba rushing back against fecking Colchester only to require surgery after reaggrevating it after.

The club should be asking hard questions of our phsyios as well while we're at it for downplaying serious injuries to our best players and allowing them to continue risking further injury
I guess SAF was SAFout alot of times aswell forcing players to play through injured that backfired.

Bojan11

Everyday new ex players prove how stupid they are! Rashford should have said he is not fit to play, just like when normal people call in when they can’t go to work because of illness or injury:

And this pressure is just insane coming from spoiled fans.
Very rarely do players say they fit to play that’s what managers are there for ffs. You think Fergie would give Rashford the option?

Look how many times Saha refused to play because he had a small problem. Fergie was frustrated but never pushed him.

Rarely have I heard a player going to a manger saying they not fit and do not want to play.

eire-red

This insane notion that "we are Manchester United, we should be competing for every competition" is why Ole risked Rashford, and it's just nonsensical.

Those days are past, we don't have the quality of player or squad depth to compete in four separate competitions. If we went out of the cup, so be it, the priority should be the Europa League and the Prem. Why risk it?

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
Everyone knows that a coach relies on the medical teams for assessment of whether a player is fit for a match or not. But hey, a chance to blame Ole right.. Even at my club back home, a coach does not decide things like this. The medical team does.

Asger

Very rarely do players say they fit to play that’s what managers are there for ffs. You think Fergie would give Rashford the option?

Look how many times Saha refused to play because he had a small problem. Fergie was frustrated but never pushed him.

Rarely have I heard a player going to a manger saying they not fit and do not want to play.
So why blame the manager if it was okay that SAF did it?

Strange SAF was allowed by using injured players but Ole is stupid for same thing?

Bojan11

So why blame the manager if it was okay that SAF did it?

Strange SAF was allowed by using injured players but Ole is stupid for same thing?
Because it was a pointless match that Rashford wasn’t needed for. FA Cup should be bottom of our priorities considering how small our squad is and we already playing a lot of matches this month.

You do know there’s a big difference between a third round home game in January and a big champions league semi final second leg towards the back end of the season. The gamble also worked for SAF if Rafael wasn’t so stupid. You could also give few examples in 27 years where SAF rushed players back. Where as there are three examples with Ole

Also Rashford has been overused and not looked after with various managers not just Ole. But our fickle fans wouldn’t want it. Whenever we were linked with strikers they’d moan what about Rashford. They were celebrating last week he managed 200 appearances. The fastest player to ever do so apparently. Good squad and he wouldn’t be making that many appearances.

The fact at 22 he apparently can’t sit down on chair for interview is alarming. This isn’t just down to Ole. It’s the clubs stupid fault for not signing replacements for Lukaku and Sánchez. I hope we don’t do the same with Greenwood.

Roboc7

If Ed Woodward brought someone to replace Alexis and Lukaku, Ole would love to rest Rashford.

Ole did really well to get rid of some deadwood and I bet him never thought the CEO of Manchester United can be that inability to bring someone in to replace these deadwoods.
I don’t understand why Ole gets praise for selling deadwood and Woodward gets blame for not buying anyone. If Woodward is making all the decisions and has all the responsibility then it’s actually him getting rid of deadwood. Woodward and Ole both have to take responsibility for this squad.

Regarding the injuries, we have a small squad and Ole has repeatedly shown rather than being cautious and protecting players he prefers to take risks. In his own words it’s backfired, he just has to take that on the chin and deal with the consequences.

Ban

Maybe just maybe he wasn't given a right input from the medical team and they have given a green light for Marcus to play.

But hey maybe I'm just a brown nose poster right.

El Zoido

He’s feeling the pressure and can’t afford to lose. If fans were a bit more forgiving of the changes that need to be made, maybe it would be different, but they’re not. If we don’t play Rashford we lose, and the knives are out once again. Rock and a hard place for him unfortunately, squad depth is just too poor.

Enigma_87

You know who
Maybe just maybe he wasn't given a right input from the medical team and they have given a green light for Marcus to play.

But hey maybe I'm just a brown nose poster right.
So this happened in Jesse's case too? Despite coming out last year saying it was a "calculated risk" and Ole knew it?

Or maybe in Pogba's case too? How about McTom? Or Maguire just a couple of weeks back?

It's not an isolated case to blame it on the medical team. Why should those people that work for United be treated like idiots and incompetents, whilst they aren't the ones picking the team?

Ban

So this happened in Jesse's case too? Despite coming out last year saying it was a "calculated risk" and Ole knew it?

Or maybe in Pogba's case too? How about McTom? Or Maguire just a couple of weeks back?

It's not an isolated case to blame it on the medical team. Why should those people that work for United be treated like idiots and incompetents, whilst they aren't the ones picking the team?
What happened in Jesse's case?
And in McTominay's?

@Bobcat summed it up nicely but I guess this is top good of an opportunity to take a pop at the manager.

Medical team doesn't pick the team but they say if a player is fit or not.

Enigma_87

You know who
What happened in Jesse's case?
And in McTominay's?

@Bobcat summed it up nicely but I guess this is top good of an opportunity to take a pop at the manager.

Medical team doesn't pick the team but they say if a player is fit or not.
I quoted it in some other thread:

Jesse Lingard claims to be “back to full fitness” and ready to step in for Manchester United after seeing an injury risk backfire prior to the international break.

The 26-year-old was among those to pick up a knock during an eventful Premier League meeting with Liverpool on February 24.

A hamstring problem kept him on the sidelines for three weeks heading into an FA Cup quarter-final clash with Wolves.

Lingard was called into action during that contest, in what was considered to be a calculated gamble, but subsequently sat out the start of Euro 2020 qualification with England.

He was then eased back into the United fold by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer off the bench in a 2-1 win over Watford on Saturday, but says he is now looking to claim a starting berth once more.

“I'm back to full fitness,” Lingard told MUTV ahead of a return to Molineux on Tuesday.

“I think obviously the break helped as I could get the hamstring stronger again to come back and play the rest of the games in the remainder of the season.

The Wolves tie was a risk. I’ve said that before but it was an FA Cup quarter-final and the manager put me in. It was still a risk and I needed that time out just to rest the hamstring and get it going again.”
So again Ole wasn't "aware" of his condition right?

Medical team obviously said something considering Rashford was on the bench so he hasn't been cleared 100% fit to play. It was pretty obvious Rashford was carrying a knock. Ole confirmed he has been carrying a knock. There are multiple reports saying his condition was serious before the game. Ole came out saying that it was a risk and it backfired so he perfectly knew he could be re-injured.

But hey bring an imaginary scenario to pin the fault to the medical team...

Ban

I quoted it in some other thread:

So again Ole wasn't "aware" of his condition right?

Medical team obviously said something considering Rashford was on the bench so he hasn't been cleared 100% fit to play. It was pretty obvious Rashford was carrying a knock. Ole confirmed he has been carrying a knock. There are multiple reports saying his condition was serious before the game. Ole came out saying that it was a risk and it backfired so he perfectly knew he could be re-injured.

But hey bring an imaginary scenario to pin the fault to the medical team...
A knock isn't the same as stress fracture. So either Rashford had that before or Ole, who says the fracture happened in Wolves game, is lying through his teeth.

But hey it's definitely the second thing, right.