Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
If Klopp showed signs of our football changing as it was terrible during Fergies last few years then he would have got time. Let’s not forget Klopp reached the champions league final that year. Klopp has a better CV and better reputation than Ole. So it’s fair he’d be given more time. Nobody knows what Ole is going to do, so why should we trust him with spending a large amount of money for only us to reset in 12 months again.
feck me everyone wanted Jose out when he was turning in shite performances this season and he's got a better record than Klopp

EDIT: Also wasn't it the Europa league final and lost to Saville?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Amazing. We lose 2-0 at home to Cardiff who have been relegated and someone tries to spin it off as the stats weren’t that bad. fecking hell.
Yes. We lost.

But we also say 73% of the ball and had 26 shots to their 13, 10 on target to their 4!

We done a job.

But because our strikers cannot hit a cows **** with a banjo of course we were going to lose when they take their chances. Football is all about taking chances, we didn't take ours. They took theirs and was punished for it. Cannot win a game of football with possession. Our defence isn't stellar either. So 2+2 makes 4 and we lose.

If our strikers could actually score, then may be we'd have won!

Not blaming Greenwood as he had a great game though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So we rather be more stupid and give him £200m to waste more money when he’s shown no sign of progression with his style of football. I think giving him £200m would be the stupid decision.
You can't give someone the job then sack them 2months later, that takes you beyond even the laughing stock we've been recently.

A bad first half of next season though and all bets are off

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
To show an identity its not hard, it can either work out or not but the identity reflects. Ole’s identity is to park the bus and counterattack.
I have no idea what the first part means. The second part simply isn't true.

SAFMUTD

For all those calling for him to get the sack because of the challenging for top 4 quote. In what world are you guys living in if you think we are anywhere near challenging for the title. We are no where near it. Absolutely no where near it whatsoever.

The amount of entitled fans that are here is crazy. We are Manchester United. Yes. But we aren't good enough anymore. Not good enough at all, the quicker people realise that and lower their expectactions for 2-3 years then we may just get somewhere. A whole re-build does not mean instant success. It's taken Liverpool a good few years to where they are now. Maybe it's time we lower expectations for a while.

The stats from todays game isn't all that bad!

BBC

Home Team Man Utd
Away Team Cardiff
Possession
Home 73%
Away 27%
Shots
Home 26
Away 13
Shots on Target
Home 10
Away 4
Corners
Home 11
Away 2
Fouls
Home 9
Away 6
Again like I said you can think that but you don’t say it. It’s the message and ambition you send out to your players, he says that just to ease the pressure on him. That’s not being realist, that’s just being coward.

It’s the same as if any manager outside the top 6 would said, well yeah we are going to be between 7th and 12ve, yeah we know the top teams are better. MEDIOCRITY.

When Mourinho said last year that it was a miracle to end 2nd we all killed him, and suddenly one year after saying we should aim for top 5 is acceptable.

MEDIOCRITY.

Bojan11

feck me everyone wanted Jose out when he was turning in shite performances this season and he's got a better record than Klopp
You mean after his third season and spending £300m. Where did Jose finish in his first season? Tell me that and that was after spending £150m he finished worse than LVG.

Jose got plenty of time. Yes feck me.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
You mean after his third season and spending £300m. Where did Jose finish in his first season? Tell me that and that was after spending £150m he finished worse than LVG.

Jose got plenty of time. Yes feck me.
Yeah that is actually a fair point. Klopp didn't get Liverpool to the CL final in his first season though

passing-wind

Then what stopped inspiring him then Sherlock? Or was it more the new manager bounce and wanting to prove Mourinho wrong then Ole kissing his ass at every opportunity? This bottlers do not need an arm around their shoulder, they need a bollocking.

The PSG home fixture is where Pogba's form ended why because tactically Tuchel provided the first blueprint to render Solskjaer tactically inept. Most teams that played us since put out defensive blocks around the areas that Pogba would occupy to be effective.

People seem to think that 2-0 home defeat was just a game but it provided a perfect guide to mute our attacking threat. So without Pogba fit and raring we have nothing to offer as a team, that's why Herrera can sling his hook to France where he will retire and 75% of our first team can follow him around the globe.

wolvored

To break it down into points. If he can improve by 10-12 points, 4 extra wins, he will get top 4 next year. In theory achievable. We dropped 5 in the last 2 games against already relegated teams. Thats a good platform to build upon.

SAFMUTD

Yes I think you can be upset with the overall performance. Blame yourself and the collective performances of the team. Talk about what you think is needed to improve things in the future and not really focus on single players.
Im not asking him to single out players, but how the feck saying we played well it’s acceptable when losing 2-0 in OT against an already relegated team?

You guys need top stop defending the undefendable.

Bojan11

You can't give someone the job then sack them 2months later, that takes you beyond even the laughing stock we've been recently.

A bad first half of next season though and all bets are off
So we give him £200m more and become a bigger laughing stock when he wastes that money.

Are Madrid or Chelsea laughing stocks? They tend to move fast and it works for them. Bayern sacked Ancelotti after he had won a league for them two months into a season.

We already laughing stocks, so don’t worry about that. But sacking him might save us the six months of pain before we reset again.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
To break it down into points. If he can improve by 10-12 points, 4 extra wins, he will get top 4 next year. In theory achievable. We dropped 5 in the last 2 games against already relegated teams. Thats a good platform to build upon.
Beating relegation fodder is a good platform?

Our platform is lower than
whale shit then

Mr.Kaya

He is Moyes mark II, make no mistake.

Get rid, now.
And replace him with who exactly?...Look at the squad he inherited and how it worked out for our previous experienced managers. It's so freaking easy to blame the manager like you lot are, like the problem here is Ole and only Ole. The problem is way deeper than that. Blame Woodward and co for not getting a DoF like every other topclub has. Look at our players mentality and shitty quality and youre telling me this is all Oles fault yea? Tell me right now, how many of these players did he bring to the club? Thats some bullshit right there. Sack the players and not the manager. Let the man at least have a whole season and a transferbudget so he can buy and also get rid of the players he wants, and then you can judge him.

Revaulx

I don't think we will back him or sack him.

We'll just sort of drift along.
Yup. People thinking the board are going to let him bring in loads of players this summer are going to be disappointed. I’m not that bothered, as any good ones will invariably turn to shite.

JustinC00

Any other "top" club would sack him immediately. The run-in all we had to do was draw with Everton and Chelsea, beat the worst team in the league and win at home against a relegated Cardiff and top 4 was ours. Just needed those 8 points in and we ended up with 2 points.

That should have been his audition for the permanent job instead he went into it already given the job.

People can put it on the players all they want but a better manager gets those points. Ole has shown absolutely nothing since the Palace game in February

Win vs Southampton, needed a GOTY from Pereira and a 90th min goal from Lukaku
Win vs PSG, needed Lukaku to pounce on 2 mistakes and a stoppage time penalty
Loss to Arsenal when we had gone in their weeks before and beat them 3-1
Loss to Wolves
Win vs Watford, although they outplayed us
Loss to Wolves
Win vs West Ham, outplayed again, won because of 2 penalties
Trounced by Everton
Draw with Chelsea (both teams played like shite, fair result)
and then the last 2 weeks where we looked utterly clueless against relegated sides

There literally hasn't been 1 game since February where we were the clear better side in a match and the scoreline reflected. Yes the players aren't blameless but a 3 month stretch where we haven't once been the better side in a match and there have been absolutely no signs of improvement? Manager needs to shoulder his share of the blame too.

Which by the way the 5 points dropped against relegated sides now has us
with an interest in the FA Cup match because if Watford wins our season starts July 25th with the 1st leg of Europa qualifying July 25th and 2nd leg August 1st
instead of August 10/11. Which will screw up our pre-season given that we have pre-season games in Asia scheduled for July 20th and July 25th and another August 3rd in Cardiff.

Can't imagine that's a real good scenario for a guy that hasn't gotten the team to play in 3 months having a short pre-season trying to bed in any new players and most likely having drama with Pogba and De Gea

Acquire Me

I like your confidence. Call me delusional, but I think we will surprise a lot of people next season. Don't underestimate a wounded animal.

People use it as a stick to beat him with, but being a club legend means Ole feels worse about this than most of us -heck he won us the bloody treble! Quite sure he is seething inside and cannot wait to get rid of some players and make sure they work their socks off next season, things he has already mentioned numerous times.
I think we will suprise next season. I think we are going to see a lot of changes.

Some players will have to move on, some will have to step up and we will bring in fresh blood.

I think the changes will be from top to bottom. At least I hope it will be from top to bottom.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I'm not convinced he is the man to take us back to the top but I'm somehow optimistic when it comes to him recruiting the right players for the club if that makes sense.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Again like I said you can think that but you don’t say it. It’s the message and ambition you send out to your players, he says that just to ease the pressure on him. That’s not being realist, that’s just being coward.

It’s the same as if any manager outside the top 6 would said, well yeah we are going to be between 7th and 12ve, yeah we know the top teams are better. MEDIOCRITY.

When Mourinho said last year that it was a miracle to end 2nd we all killed him, and suddenly one year after saying we should aim for top 5 is acceptable.

MEDIOCRITY.
Because that's what our squad is. Average.

The teams around us have better squads than us. Go through the Top 6 and how many players that our rivals have can you honestly say that we'd take. Quite a fair amount I'd suspect.

Now how many of our players would make their squads. Not a lot baring De Gea and Pogba. In fact, I'd go as far as saying 0.

There's at least 5-6 players in each squad. More so in a team like City, would we take at United.

That's the difference. That's why Ole is saying we should be aiming for Top 4. We simply are not good enough. Plain and simple. I'm sorry but that's just reality nowadays.

This same squad finished 2nd last year. The teams around us invested smartly when we didn't and look where we ended up.

Our squad is poor.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
I bet 90% of you wanted Ole to be manager when he was confirmed as permanent boss, now here you all are calling for his head. Feel gutted for him the level of betrayal some of the rubbish written here.

Its not him, its the players. Wouldn’t suprise me if he’e been dismayed at the lack of proffesionalism behind scenes and at training. Give him the summer to reshape the squad, bring in new faces, one that he recognise show the right desire and mentality to play for the shirt.

If shit goes wrong again then its only one more season. He deserves the season because he is the man we chose. Now back him ffs.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
It's not really anyone's team is it? Team created by penny pinching, conservatism (keep what we have), plus panic.
No, you're right - it's not.

And Ole won't turn anything around with this team.

His job is to build a new one. That's what we need. It's not enough to tweak this shower of shite a little bit here and there, that's very clear now. We can't judge his ability to build a new team on his (utterly failed, nobody denies that) attempt to squeeze something out of a spent, broken assembly he inherited from someone else.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
People blaming Ole make me laugh.

Put Allegri in charge with the chaotic set up at the club behind the scenes and we'd not do much better. LVG n Jose were experienced managers with track records. They both failed.

It's not the manager guys. The players aren't good enough and the owners and CEO are a cancer on this great club. Without Fergie they have been exposed.

Paul_Scholes18

Im not asking him to single out players, but how the feck saying we played well it’s acceptable when losing 2-0 in OT against an already relegated team?

You guys need top stop defending the undefendable.
Yeah he should not have said that we played well. Could have said he liked some part of the game, but that there was also a lot that needed to be improved if we wanted to have a positive tone to it.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
tbh I dunno anymore. When Ole came in we were playing brilliant and scoring a lot of goals. Everyone were saying things like, "so we can play after all" and "turns out we aren't half bad and have decent players". So what has happened? How can players play like that, then down tools? Is it not the managers job to motivate?
The thing is we see teams raise their game against us quite often and you wonder why they are in a relegation scrap. What's the difference?

You look at today, would Periera and McTominay get in the Cardiff side? If they did, would we be worried if we were up against them. Same with Dalot, Young, a youth prospect up front. Motivation can only take you so far.

thejtrain

I'm absolutely fine. Find it strange that people are wanting someone sacked based on 2 months. Wouldn't be a manager in world football still in a job...
I am surprised you didn't find it strange when he was appointed based on 2 months.

Acole9

Outstanding
It's difficult because the least of our worries is the manager right now. The trouble is though this run of results is just unacceptable. Forget about all those stats from when he took over, they are what they are just stats. We've drawn and lost to two teams already relegated and barely won any matches since our win in Paris.

Loublaze

ATLien
Don't be surprised if we suddenly don't spend that much and go for cheap options.
This will complete his transition as a Fergie pretender, no value in the transfer market and what not (it won't be his fault just saying). Now the transfer talk in the silly papers is that players like Sancho and Felix will not sign up because of no CL, and we're being strongly linked to a championship player who has scored 4 goals all season!

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
So, how many of Spurs' players would get into ours? Probably many, huh?

The omnipotent Poch - who's had YEARS building this exciting squad - finished 5 (FIVE!) points ahead of "the worst United team we have ever seen".

Mmmm...

Roykeaneismagic

Totally agree that ole needs a pre season and a transfer window to try and mould this rabble into some form of team. However he's been in charge for 5 months now and what alarms me is that we're not seeing any improvement in our play. But time will tell, if there's no improvement by December of next season then for me he would sadly have to go.

Reactions: nimic

bsCallout

Back him - I truly don't understand how a manager can be sacked before having the chance to make the team his. Ole had to use the underperforming players that other managers have brought in.

We were hit with injuries after a good run and the team selection is forced to a certain extent.

You could tell a few weeks ago from Ole's comments that he has a clear picture of the players that need to leave, unfortunately he has had to persist with them for now.

Finally, this has been a long and miserable season with a lot of players lacking confidence, we had injuries and then we had some of the toughest fixtures imaginable with a depleted squad and no time to work on the training ground tactically. You have to give him a pre-season and the opportunity to develop his methods.

Expect to see more of Greenwood, Gomes, Garner and Chong and less of Matic, Jones, Young and Sanchez.

I don't know if he is the right man, I just don't think it is fair to judge him without giving him the opportunity to work with HIS players.

Reactions: nimic

haram

This will complete his transition as a Fergie pretender, no value in the transfer market and what not (it won't be his fault just saying). Now the transfer talk in the silly papers is that players like Sancho and Felix will not sign up because of no CL, and we're being strongly linked to a championship player who has scored 4 goals all season!
Depressing...

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Bloody hell lads, give him a chance! He hasn't had a proper transfer window or a full pre-season yet and you already want to sack him.
And therein lies the problem.
It is a massive leap of faith to give him the necessary funding to transform this inept squad.
My guess is that Woodward will give him the bear minimum that he can get away with such that he can say that he backed him but nothing like enough to make the difference.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Should’ve never got the job in the first place

Sack him or he walks himself.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
The part about the counter attack? We set up to play that way in most of the games, if its not that one then which is it?
You said park the bus and counter attack.

You can't conclude what his identity as a manager is based on this shite run of matches, when he's stated explicitly himself that this isn't how he prefers to play. That's not very reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.