Ole Gunnar Solskjær | Permanent manager

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Samid, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Jun 7, 2019

George The Best Full Member

I agree we are doomed without a significant upgrade in the squad. I was just speculating as to what the recriminations will be if we have a bad window. Woodward will obviously get some apportionment of blame - but I can also see the PR Machine being readied to say nobody was attracted to being coached by Ole. Place could get even more toxic.
  2. Jun 7, 2019

sp_107 New Member

Ole, could you please get rid of

Young, Darmian. Rojo, Baily, Jones
    Perrera, Matic, Fred, Mata, Lingard
    Lukaku, Alexis.

No problem if you can't get all replacements but make sure above Ines are gone and start bringing in decent players
  3. Jun 7, 2019

shahzy New Member

You really should get off your high horse and stop thinking that you're some spokesperson speaking on behalf of people. You are speaking on behalf of yourself only.
    Quite of few people want ole gone after that relegation form.
    He's got no idea how to manage, that's clear as day. You look at a well coached team and everyone knows what they are doing, what they are supposed to be doing at any one time. We had none of that. Then you can look at his past work as a sign of what he will do in the future and it's obvious he's a poor coach who had the players winning just due to the fact they weren't playing for Mourinho.

I like ole but he isn't a top coach, I can see that. You don't have to think he is a great coach just to like someone.
  4. Jun 7, 2019

purgethefallen New Member

Supports:
    Basingstoke Bison Ice Hockey
    Shame we can't sack some fans and get better ones in.
  5. Jun 7, 2019

Womp idiot

We could get some new ones in if we didn't keep fecking up our managerial appointments and actually started becoming good again.
  6. Jun 8, 2019

Supports:
    Ajax have had a system/philosophy in place for years. Ole has to start from scratch with a bunch of overpaid prima donnas.

Also, Van der Saar is a CEO, not a technical director/DOF.
  7. Jun 8, 2019

RedfromIreland New Member

I'm 70 years old and have been a Utd supporter for almost 60 years. Even in the early years people would say they were ABU's because of the arrogance of their supporters.
    I have to say I was surprised to hear this, but now I can see what they meant. Some people on this forum have taken arrogance to a whole new level.
    The absolute audacity of some posters is beyond despicable.
    If you think Manchester United can't live up to your standards then you shouldn't be following this club.
  8. Jun 8, 2019

Supports:
    Bollocks.

Ole won in Norway, in a previously one-team league.

Our fanbase isn't sentimental and complacent, it's just that some are such spoilt brats that have no patience and want everything yesterday. The sooner these "fans" realise that Man United are not entitled to win every trophy, the better.
  9. Jun 8, 2019

dove Full Member

A real shame indeed.
  10. Jun 8, 2019

Supports:
    Will you two stop talking reasonably. Don't you know this thread is for the doom-mongers and wanting Ole gone?
  11. Jun 8, 2019

UnofficialDevil Anti Scottish

Not anti Scotish, just posted a lot against Moyes.
    You say that like its supposed to mean something. It doesnt.
  12. Jun 8, 2019

hocane New Member

Can we at least give him a chance at least until Christmas before we bring out the pitch forks?
  13. Jun 8, 2019

soaphroniscuss New Member

:nono: . It's seems as if Rosenborg just had a few down years. 2-3 other teams not managed by Ole, not called Molde also won the Norwegian league during that period.

Molde also won the league without Ole in 2014.

[​IMG]

Molde are joint top of the league now (just about) with single-team-league team Rosenborg closer to relegation than the top.

[​IMG]

In fact if we take a closer look at Molde's league positions we note that the 2014 win achieved far more points.

Ole lost 6 games out of 30 both times he won the league. Skullerund (Ole's replacement) outperformed Ole and only lost 3 games when he won the league with Molde in 2014 with a league points record.

Looking at the final league tables in 2011 and 2012 Rosenborg underperformed although they did so to a lesser degree in 2012.

I should also add that it is easier for a 2nd team to win a "one team league" when the main team has an off-year because there is less competition from other teams. It's harder in an "n-team" league like the EPL for an over-performing underdog as normally there is another member of the to 6 ready to step up..

So no, Ole achievement isn't as special as you and many on here are making it out to be. It was surpassed by a rookie manager just a scant 2 years later.
  14. Jun 8, 2019

Zen86 Full Member

Jesus Christ :lol:

Ole is our manager, deal with it.
  15. Jun 8, 2019

UnofficialDevil Anti Scottish

Not anti Scotish, just posted a lot against Moyes.
    W
    Excelent post, was getting tired of reading about how amazing it was that he managed to win the incredible Norwegian league.. This should clear things up.
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  16. Jun 8, 2019

elnorte Freaky fly day

His post has genuine substance based on facts while your response is entirely insipid.

He makes a perfectly valid counter argument to certain claims about Solskjaer's record at Molde while all you can come up with is some inane use of an emoticon.
  17. Jun 8, 2019

Rafaeldagold Full Member

That’s pretty much the Ole in argument ..!
  18. Jun 8, 2019

Yakuza_devils Full Member

Excellent post with facts, can't put it any better.
  19. Jun 8, 2019

SirAF Ageist

Good and accurate post.
  20. Jun 8, 2019

Zen86 Full Member

I don’t really care about Solskjær’s record in all honesty. He’s here, and I’ll judge him based on what he does here, I suggest you do the same.

No manager is guaranteed success, and no manager is guaranteed to fail.
  21. Jun 8, 2019

RooneyLegend Full Member

Continuing success is easier than building it. The question is where were Molde before Ole took over. Then winning a title after he was gone and he left them a championship winning side isn't saying much.

I'm not even an Ole in guy. I'm someone who believes we should demote him to assistant coach and hire Erik Ten Hag.
  22. Jun 8, 2019

Mainoldo Full Member

We get the standards from the club and you are not 70 typing on a football forum.
  23. Jun 8, 2019

JustAGuest New Member

He took over a team that had finished 11th in their previous season, and won them their first ever league title. In his second season at the club he did it again. That post doesn't make it less of an achievement. Saying he was surpassed by his replacement is incredibly ignorant.

It is true that the Norwegian league is not a one team league. Rosenborg just happen to be by far the strongest team historically, and you would expect them to be the favourites ahead of any season.
  24. Jun 8, 2019

Rusholme Ruffian Full Member

I think a lot of people are doing just that - did you miss our worst run of form for 60 years?
  25. Jun 8, 2019

fallengt Full Member

I have no idea who are you targeting with this post but spending over 700m on players in 6 years and yet we're still talking about this "rebuild". It's not "standard" in any world.
    Fanbase is just a reflection of the club's current state
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  26. Jun 8, 2019

Barnslig Full Member

I don't disagree with anything in your post, and I haven't checked the dates, but doesnt the asterisk behind Tor Andre Skullerud's name mean that he took over from Ole mid-season? Remember the Norwegian season starts and ends at a different time than the PL and the other major leagues.
  27. Jun 8, 2019

SteveW Full Member

Winning a league is always a good achievement.

Pretending it's not and then clapping each other on the backs for it is pathetic new low for a thread that already has no shortage of them.
  28. Jun 8, 2019

SteveW Full Member

What's that supposed to mean?
  29. Jun 8, 2019

Tom Van Persie No relation

You're right it's pathetic to try and down play his achievements. Ole done some amazing work at Molde and won their first league title in club history. He laid the foundation there.
  30. Jun 8, 2019

Ok my child.
  31. Jun 8, 2019

Zen86 Full Member

Nope. I remember it clearly. I for one hope we improve next season, I’m guessing you would rather we didn’t.
  32. Jun 8, 2019

Denial is a terrible thing. It's Wikipedia so you can edit the facts away if that will make you feel better :D .
  33. Jun 8, 2019

Celoti23-81 New Member

Unless Ole signs a first choice right back and right winger this summer, we will be in the same boat as the last 6 years. No balance, and everything focused down the left.
    It's like having a fighter jet with one wing with a rookie in charge of navigating us to where we want to be.
    He needs a Bale type player for the right wing. Hell, Pep even signed Jesus Navas to add width in his first year!
    That right hand side and wings are an essential part of a functioning side, like it was the utd way under SAF!

Trivia: Who was the last real right back and right winger we signed? That was a regular right sided player. Not necessarily a right footer!
  34. Jun 8, 2019

SteveW Full Member

What am I in denial about? I said winning a league is a good achievement.

Take a look at yourself
  35. Jun 8, 2019

Kill 'em all Pastor of Muppets

The pitchforks are already being sharpened.
  36. Jun 8, 2019

Yup.

Emotion. Absoluteness. Indoctrination. Rejection of fair criticism. Sithian.
  37. Jun 8, 2019

SteveW Full Member

I get it. You're a wum. Not wasting any more time on you
  38. Jun 8, 2019

While you continue with your passive aggressive analogue to fighting in the stands, I'll just will leave you with the facts and saunter off to go get a burger.

Verbal hooliganism is a plague. You should learn to post without the, no doubt in your view, self-affirming personal invective.

Toodles.

And: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Editing just in case.
  39. Jun 8, 2019

Rusholme Ruffian Full Member

Yep, I want the club that I've supported for 35 years to get even worse :rolleyes:

Seriously, if you equate criticism on a football discussion forum to wanting the team to fail that says more about you than anyone else.
  40. Jun 8, 2019

Rosenborg underperformed relative to their usual standards apart from the league win in 2014.