Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud7

This won't happen and nor should it.
We need to give the guy a chance. In saying that, I believe he will be sacked in 2019. This is a massive job and requires a manager with a lot of experience.
The other issue is Woodward. He'll screw up and blame/sack the manager. He did this with LVG and Jose and he will do it with Ole. I have absolutely no doubt about it.
Not meaning to start an argument or anything like that mate, but I’m genuinely curious here. You say that we need to give him a chance, but at the same time you’re sure that he will be sacked this year. If you’re so sure of that, then what’s the logic behind giving him this chance?

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
So this coaching team of OGS, Carrick,Phelan,Mckenna are completly inexperinced? We tried a proven PL manager in Moyes, dutch total football expert in Van Gaal and the most arrogant manager in the world in Mourinho. They spent a shitload of money and but us in the state we are in today. But to blame OGS despite not having signed a player yet or had a preseson yet is just astounding
Oles premiership experience is relegating Cardiff.
Then in his first full season back as manager at Molde he finished fifth in the league, and before joining us he finished 2nd 5 points behind the title winners in the Norwegean league
Yet you reckon he is the manager that will turn things around for us when City Liverpool Tottenham Chelsea and Arsenal are all in the European cup finals at their best and are winning the league with 90 plus points.
And since your asking I dont rate Carrick or Phelan as managers either

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Are you so butt hurt that I called you and others out for being hypocrites and knee jerks?.:lol::lol:

My position remains the same, I will judge him next season and I wont be flip flopping around it like you did!
No, there was nothing wrong with my opinion on Solskjaer developing in a natural manner.

Just interested to see when your opinion changes mate, that's all.

Will look forward to hearing how your opinion develops next season.

Last edited:

SteveW

Kinda shocked people have turned so quickly.

I think Ole will surprise a lot of you next season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

End of season couldn’t come sooner to be honest. The amount of anger and frustrations about right now is ridiculous.

Yes we’ve had a poor end to the season but just a month or 2 back everything was magically fixed and the team was amazing.

I think we all need to reset and relax now, start a fresh next year. Oles had a difficult run but he deserves time to get them sorted.

haram

People still blaming the manager and not accepting the truth that their beloved Paul Pogba and company are nothing a bunch of overrated flops who would down tools for any manager?

Funny how Ole could do no wrong winning game after game at one point - a much better run of form and feeling than any of our post-Fergie managers managed, managers who had all the credentials you could want. But now he’s no better than Moyes. Football fans are so fickle.

Wouldn’t have been my first choice but at least give him the Summer where he can get rid of some of the clowns we have disgracing the club.
What if he gets rid of the wrong players and also signs the wrong ones? He could literally make things much worse. I say this because he has no track record.

Ibrahimorich

Wow. At least give him a season and a transfer window. It's plain to see our dressing room is a mess with out of control egos. We've become like Chelsea. This is why every manager since SAF has failed.

We need to clear out players who aren't committed, regardless of their quality. I trust Olé to work that out at least. Control has to be regained. Look at Liverpool. They sold their best players and biggest egos and got better as a team with players who want to be there. That took them 4 years.

dove

When Klopp took over at Liverpool, they sat at 10th. That was at the beginning of October, so he had around 8 months to fix things. At the end of the season, they finished 8th on 60 pts. Hardly a good achievement for a world class manager, right? Check how bad their squad was. We are in a very similar situation: a lot of deadwood needs to be cleared out and a massive rebuild needs to start.

Their rebuild did start, and in the next 2 years, they managed 76 and 75 points respectively, which is a huge improvement on their first season. This season, they managed 97 points, and it goes without saying that currently we can only dream of a point tally like that.

Klopp had 7 transfer windows to shape his team and signed 13 players, whilst almost spending 450m. The situation was somewhat similar at City, but Guardiola managed to turn things around after a single season, because that City squad was probably better than 15/16 Liverpool and 18/19 Man United, as they had won the title in 2014 and Guardiola had Kompany, Sterling, Agüero, De Bruyne, Silva and Fernandinho to work with from the first day. Not to mention he spent around 600 million for City to be where they are today.

What we need is to give Solskjaer time and trust (which I believe we will do) and start doing a massive overhaul with a clear vision towards what we want to do. Moyes, LVG and Mourinho had completely different philosophies and as a result, we always finished between 64 and 70 points with Mourinho's 2nd season being the only exception. The reality is that we probably wasted 5 years for nothing.

What I'm trying to say is even proven, world class managers like Klopp and Pep couldn't do a miracle with shitty squads and since we've seen van Gaal and Mourinho - 2 of the most charismatic and most proven managers of the last 20 years - lose the dressing room and see things go south, which eventually resulted in them losing their job, there's absolutely nothing that suggests that bringing in a world class manager with a good track record will suddenly have us challenging for the title.

Sacking Ole now wouldn't make any sense
The logic of this post, or more like a complete lack of it is laughable. The comparisons of Ole and Klopp are simply lazy. I am sure most people wouldn't have anything against giving Ole time if he has shown that he can build the team, play good football and win stuff at the top level. Klopp was exactly that. He built a Borussia team that won the league against Bayern, performed well in Europe while playing some of the best football. I couldn't care less where he finished taking the job in October. He had a reputation, clear ideas and experience to do the job. Now look at Ole. Is there anything at all suggesting he would be able to rebuild this squad? Why would we want someone like him doing possibly the biggest rebuilding job since SAF? I think it's just madness. There are at least 100 better managers than him, hell even Moyes is a better manager than Ole. Let's be honest here. Ole would be nowhere near our manager if he wasn't the club's legend, and no one would want him to stay if he was still an interim manager. Now as he got the contract some people feel obliged to defend him no matter what, completely ignoring everything. Real Madrid did the same mistake but of course they quickly fixed it and everyone already forgot about that. Meanwhile we will be stuck for clearly out of his depth manager for at least half a year more. Makes 0 sense.

koop

That's the thing about this website. A player could have a good few games and he will be considered one of the best in his position in the league, soon as that person has a bad patch, people are calling for his head and how he needs to be sold asap.

Alot of people here just live in the moment and don't think atleast a month or so down the line.

johanovic

Do I think Woodward is a fecking moron? Yes.
Can you not answer a question? Do you think Mourinho or Van Gaal did not decide what players they wanted? As to Woodward being what you called him I assume that's he's not as I do not assume you are either. Why? Because I do not know the man. Do you?

youmeletsfly

The thing with Ole is his lack of game management before and during the actual mfecking game.

Some of the 1st eleven picks and in game substitutions are absolutely out of this world.

Him being able to rebuild the club or not in the long term is kind of a moot point at the moment. He's painting himself a bit of a bad image and it will get him sacked.

haram

Can you not answer a question? Do you think Mourinho or Van Gaal did not decide what players they wanted? As to Woodward being what you called him I assume that's he's not as I do not assume you are either. Why? Because I do not know the man. Do you?
Do I think he is more involved in football matters than he is qualified for? Yes. Is that also the Glazers fault? Yes. I don't like any of these cnuts. It is up to Woodward to get the structure right. It is up to him to make sure recruitment and contracts are of suitable standard for this great club. He's out of his depth.

sugar_kane

The logic of this post, or more like a complete lack of it is laughable. The comparisons of Ole and Klopp are simply lazy. I am sure most people wouldn't have anything against giving Ole time if he has shown that he can build the team, play good football and win stuff at the top level. Klopp was exactly that. He built a Borussia team that won the league against Bayern, performed well in Europe while playing some of the best football. I couldn't care less where he finished taking the job in October. He had a reputation, clear ideas and experience to do the job. Now look at Ole. Is there anything at all suggesting he would be able to rebuild this squad? Why would we want someone like him doing possibly the biggest rebuilding job since SAF? I think it's just madness. There are at least 100 better managers than him, hell even Moyes is a better manager than Ole. Let's be honest here. Ole would be nowhere near our manager if he wasn't the club's legend, and no one would want him to stay if he was still an interim manager. Now as he got the contract some people feel obliged to defend him no matter what, completely ignoring everything. Real Madrid did the same mistake but of course they quickly fixed it and everyone already forgot about that. Meanwhile we will be stuck for clearly out of his depth manager for at least half a year more. Makes 0 sense.
Yeah, think I might give the Caf a bit of a break over the summer.

UnofficialDevil

Wow. At least give him a season and a transfer window. It's plain to see our dressing room is a mess with out of control egos. We've become like Chelsea. This is why every manager since SAF has failed.

We need to clear out players who aren't committed, regardless of their quality. I trust Olé to work that out at least. Control has to be regained. Look at Liverpool. They sold their best players and biggest egos and got better as a team with players who want to be there. That took them 4 years.
Do you realize he relegated Cardiff and ended up 5th and the next year 6th in the league with Molde before joining us?

Holocene

Crikey :lol:

Ibrahimorich

Do you realize he relegated Cardiff and ended up 5th and the next year 6th in the league with Molde before joining us?
Do you realise Jose Mourinho won the league with Chelsea 18 months before joining us? Do you realise Alexis Sanchez was one of the best players in the league before joining us? You know Klopp nearly got Dortmund relegated before joining the Scouse?

Mainoldo

Do I think he is more involved in football matters than he is qualified for? Yes. Is that also the Glazers fault? Yes. I don't like any of these cnuts. It is up to Woodward to get the structure right. It is up to him to make sure recruitment and contracts are of suitable standard for this great club. He's out of his depth.
Do you trust Woodward to pick managers then?

LARulz

I personally feel that Ole should go and agree with the woman below about there being no shape etc. in the way we play

I love Ole as a person and what he did for us as a player. He gave me some of my favourite ever football memories but it feels taboo on here to say he should go. Rather accept we made a mistake now than next season and waste literally another year or two (sack him half way through, new manager and then let them have a summer themselves and repeat)

Last edited:

WYRM

After Moyes, LvG, Mourinho and (so far) Solskjaer all failing at bringing Manchester United to the top again it's clear that we don't have as much a coaching issue as simply not a good enough squad. With our current players even Klopp and Guardiola wouldn't get far.

In the end they do nothing but educated guessing the market value of players but I still find it interesting: According to transfermarkt our squad is worth 796 million Euros. For comparison: Man City 1,114 million Euros, Liverpool 951 million Euros, Chelsea 886 million Euros, Tottenham 836 million Euros, Arsenal 626 million Euros. Except for us and Arsenal this is also exactly the order the clubs finished this season in the table.

With our squad being the fifth most valuable in the league, can we really complain about underachieving the past couple of years? Twice 6th, 2nd, 5th... seems to me we are getting what we deserve.

Get out all the players who are simply not good enough for our title challenging ambitions. It will hurt but if necessary continue paying a big chunk of their salary at their new club as long as they finally leave and make room for players who have the quality and the ambition to help us in recapturing our past glory.

UnofficialDevil

Do you realise Jose Mourinho won the league with Chelsea 18 months before joining us? Do you realise Alexis Sanchez was one of the best players in the league before joining us? You know Klopp nearly got Dortmund relegated before joining the Scouse?
My God there is no logic in what you are saying. If a world class manager or world class player flops does that mean you should stop pursuing world class managers or players and replace them with shit ones? He relegated Cardiff ffs! he couldnt even win the league with Molde, he ended up 6th!
And please dont compare Klop with Ole its pointless

johanovic

Oles premiership experience is relegating Cardiff.
Then in his first full season back as manager at Molde he finished fifth in the league, and before joining us he finished 2nd 5 points behind the title winners in the Norwegean league
Yet you reckon he is the manager that will turn things around for us when City Liverpool Tottenham Chelsea and Arsenal are all in the European cup finals at their best and are winning the league with 90 plus points.
And since your asking I dont rate Carrick or Phelan as managers either
OGS - Rated by Fergie as a very intelligent man and great manager material.
Phelan - Fergie has him as no 2 for the best period in Man Utd history
Carrick - Rated highly because of his intelligent approach and experince as a player
Mckenna- Was one of most highly rated young coaches in the country. Did well with the under 18 and got promoted.

So I see a good team with perhaps around 60 to 80 years in combined experince as players and in coaching between them. But perhaps that does not matter anymore...

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I listed the bloody reason for why we are in this mess. I will judge OGS when he's had time to start this rebuild as I dont have your wisdom to see the future but I also belive in giving people a chance to prove their worth.
28 games is enough to make a initial judgement of his abilities. So far it looks awful on the pitch. His players doesn’t respond to whatever he tries to do. Why do you think there will be improvements in the future?

Putting blind faith to someone who doesn’t have the experience, who seems to have limited knowledge and when getting a chance don’t deliver at least decent results seems unwise from my perspective.

UnofficialDevil

OGS - Rated by Fergie as a very intelligent man and great manager material. So?? Sir Alex Swore on Moyes as his succesor
Phelan - Fergie has him as no 2 for the best period in Man Utd history no he didnt it Queiros that did all that
Carrick - Rated highly because of his intelligent approach and experince as a player totally inexperienced as coach and unproven
Mckenna- Was one of most highly rated young coaches in the country. Did well with the under 18 and got promoted. good choice

So I see a good team with perhaps around 60 to 80 years in combined experince as players and in coaching between them. But perhaps that does not matter anymore...

Canagel

OGS - Rated by Fergie as a very intelligent man and great manager material.
Phelan - Fergie has him as no 2 for the best period in Man Utd history
Carrick - Rated highly because of his intelligent approach and experince as a player
Mckenna- Was one of most highly rated young coaches in the country. Did well with the under 18 and got promoted.

This group can't compete vs City and Liverpool without world class players. I doubt they actually have philosophies that can get team to punch high and raise the collective level of the team. We'll still be relying on individuals again.

Code-CX

Loved the guy as a player and he seems really nice, but we gave him the job too soon. I understand that he hasn’t had enough time, but if someone like Poch was available (which I highly doubt) then we’d be absolute fools not to sack him.

I’m sorry but I just don’t think he has what it takes to be the manager of Manchester United.

johanovic

Ok you are still not answering my question. Despite what you think about Woodward and the Glazers I asked you about if you really were stating that Van Gaal and Mourinho did not make the final say on what players they signed?

rotherham_red

Likewise, your lack of simple knowledge of Ole's Molde shows how little you know also. He's built two very distinct teams at Molde and won titles there. He also punched well above his weight in Europe with that same team against much bigger teams. Is it better than Klopp's achievements at Dortmund? No, but considering Klopp was hired at Dortmund after relegating Mainz, it seems the comparison isn't too farfetched.

Also, the only reason why Solari was given a contract was due to Spanish labour laws. He was never going to be the permanent manager. Anyone with an iota of knowledge of the situation knew that. Except you, it seems.

Ekeke

Not even a question.

None of the managers post Sir Alex that we've sacked had 0 signings like Ole. He inherited Mourinho's mess, made it appear not so bad for a good run of games and then injuries disrupted our momentum. Now it does look a bit like he doesnt have the players anymore.

But thats okay, because all the previous managers got their own players - even Moyes got 2 overall. So Ole needs to be given his players before we judge him against the others

Status
Not open for further replies.