Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Proper tin foil hat stuff.
Ok. Who would have thought this time last year after we finished 2nd Ole Solskjaer would be our manager this season. So Giggs , whose currently managing Wales, replacing Ole isn't too far fetched especially if we finish 8 or below with Ole which again isn’t impossible....

You think class of 92 don’t have an agenda for themselves? Then the hypocrisy and double standards must be due to them being stupid. And I’m sure they would utterly be opposed to Giggs becoming Man Utd manager and it would serve no benefit to their £2m-£3m a year loss making club Salford that has ambitions of being in the championship

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Ok. Who would have thought this time last year after we finished 2nd Ole Solskjaer would be our manager this season. So Giggs , whose currently managing Wales, replacing Ole isn't too far fetched especially if we finish 8 or below with Ole which again isn’t impossible....

You think class of 92 don’t have an agenda for themselves? Then the hypocrisy and double standards must be due to them being stupid. And I’m sure they would utterly be opposed to Giggs becoming Man Utd manager and it would serve no benefit to their £2m-£3m a year loss making club Salford that has ambitions of being in the championship
Yeah, Class of 92 have agenda that's why Neville went crazy when there was reports of Jose's sacking, that's why Neville always backed every manager and said everyone deserved time.

Even Scholes was full of praise for Jose when we were playing good football in 2016-17.

All this tin foil stuff about class of 92 is hilarious.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I hope you’re right. Leeds went through a trio of legends in the 80s (Clarke, Gray, Bremner) in the desperate hope that some of Revie’s magic had clung to them.
I don't understand why people are scared, none of them were in contention to get the job. Giggs was assistant manager and he wasn't even retained once Jose took over. People simple shit on them, just because they express their opinion.

hocane

De Gea hesitant to sign new contract, Pogba want out.
Just like Moyes, Ole is starting to break negative records left, right and center. Some rebuild this is...

el3mel

I can't see Giggs being United manager any time soon. The board gambled it with the ex legend stuff this time and if it fails (which let's be honest there's 99% chance this is what's going to happen) I can't see us going the same route again. We'll probably get Allegri next season or something, and in our current state after the last summer, can't see him succeeding too. The last market fecked up the squad so hard and it now needs loads of money pumped into it to become competitive again.

Raw

I can't see Giggs being United manager any time soon. The board gambled it with the ex legend stuff this time and if it fails (which let's be honest there's 99% chance this is what's going to happen) I can't see us going the same route again. We'll probably get Allegri next season or something, and in our current state after the last summer, can't see him succeeding too. The last market fecked up the squad so hard and it now needs loads of money pumped into it to become competitive again.
God bringing in Allegri would be one of the worst thing we could do yet I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we actually did it.

Sp00ks11

It actually doesn't need MEGA money pumping into it, it's just needs somebody with common sense making our signings. Tielemens was available for 35-40 million this summer. Ryan Fraser may be available for free, signings like that would improve us without breaking the bank.

Last edited:

el3mel

God bringing in Allegri would be one of the worst thing we could do yet I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we actually did it.
Allegri is a good manager, but he's not someone you'll trust with rebuilding the squad from scratch. In terms of football played, honestly don't give a shite about that because we're not in position to favor style over results (we have been getting neither for years anyway), but the conditions aren't set for Allegri to succeed here, and the squad needs loads of job. We need a manager experienced in rebuilding teams and getting 200% out of every player in his disposal.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Thank you for expressing your opinion with rational and logic. While I agree at present and upto next summer if Solskjaer was to get replaced the club would still feel obligated to get a known and proven name.

Imagine if we have 2 years of being mid table, or below, with Solskjaer... will be very hard to get any top manager to join and Giggs won’t seen so bad a deal to the majority of fans, he’ll even seem like an upgrade. The club will sell the “hero comes home to save the club” narrative, majority of fans will buy it just like they bought the Ole pipe dream.

I’m pretty sure, if that moment ever comes, we’ll start seeing an increase in transactions between United and Salford

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Yeah, Class of 92 have agenda that's why Neville went crazy when there was reports of Jose's sacking, that's why Neville always backed every manager and said everyone deserved time.

Even Scholes was full of praise for Jose when we were playing good football in 2016-17.

All this tin foil stuff about class of 92 is hilarious.
Scholes was anti Mourinho and LVG.
G Neville was very Anti LVG.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Until the next game against Leicester I want to focus on details and things that I think the manager and his staff should work on. From what I can see there a few problem areas that needs to be addressed.

1. Reducing mistakes and be more precise in details.
2. Be more compact all over the pitch both and more synchronized when pressing high up.
3. Movements and passing speed. One or two touch football.

On a individual standpoint

1. Ownership
2. Accountability
3. Leadership

Reducing mistakes and be more precise in details.

To many of our players makes silly and unnecessary mistakes over and over again. Lindelöf is repeatedly to soft in duels. Pogba losing the ball in dangerous areas. McTominay making sloppy passes to no mans land. Lingard being chaotic in general. Pereira running around like a headless chicken. Rashford being Rashford. Shaw acting like he’s dysfunctional and without a brain. Many of these mistakes are related to our players poor concentration and that they sometimes don’t know what to do when they’re in troubles. The coaches must instruct the players to be more precise in details and to pay attention to what’s going on around them. Give the players more precise instructions about fundamentals. When things don’t work go back to basics.

Be more compact all over the pitch both in vertical and horizontal movements and more synchronized when pressing high up.

Experienced coaches knows the importance of practicing being compact and drill they players to move around synchronized. This is 100% on the management. If it works it’s because we train well. If it doesn’t work it’s because we don’t practice enough. Simple.

Movements and passing speed. One or two touch football.

When I see players standing with one feet on the ball, looking around, waving with their hands it makes me crazy. If the majority of our players starts to use one or maximum two touches instead in our build ups then we will play so much better and create more chances. It’s that simple. Standard rule until we’re more secure in possession is to only dribble in the final third. Instead when receiving the ball move forward quickly a couple of yards then pass the ball to nearest team mate. Start doing the basics right.

Ownership

The manager should start to give our players ownership on their own actions. At the moment some of our players don’t even know their own role in the team. Our midfielders runs around without knowledge about their teammates movements. Shaw doesn’t seems to understand that he needs to move forward when we’re in possession in order to create overlapping and open spaces. Pereira runs around in full pelt without knowing what’s going on around him, ends up pressing one third of the pitch alone. Madness.

The players must take ownership on what to do, when to do it and why they do it. If they don’t understand this basic concept then they aren’t United material.

Accountability

Finally the manager has started to make the players accountable of their actions. Repeatedly bad performances gives consequences. Continue!

Leadership

Taking leadership is the same as taking ownership of your own actions, making yourself accountable and trying to do something about it. A leader take a step forward. Raise his voice when necessary. The lack of leaders in today’s United is astonishing. Roy Keane would have a field day if he was around as a captain with this bunch of chickens.

We’re so short of natural leaders that it is painful to watch. Going into a war with these guys must be a nightmare. Ole Gunnar must find some sorts of leadership if he wants his ideas to work. No other way around.

Rista

I'm dropping my expectations based on our result last season and our current squad which is the result of years of bad management. It has nothing to do with Ole. We could be managed by baldy and I'd still not expect us to get top four. I don't hold Ole accountable for our current squad, no. I do expect the footy to be better than under Mourinho though. If that's not the case then that's on Ole. But so far it's been better than it was even though there's still loads to improve upon.
So how did Mourinho finish second with the weakest squad in the top 6, is he a magician? Because we could really do with one now, and he's available too.

You expect us to play better football than under Mourinho but would also accept 6th place. 6th placed teams usually lose many games in a season which doesn't really go hand in hand with good football. Settling for 6th is the worst thing we could do.

ArjenIsM3

So how did Mourinho finish second with the weakest squad in the top 6, is he a magician? Because we could really do with one now, and he's available too.

You expect us to play better football than under Mourinho but would also accept 6th place. 6th placed teams usually lose many games in a season which doesn't really go hand in hand with good football. Settling for 6th is the worst thing we could do.
We don't currently have that squad and neither do our opponents. Also, that season a lot of our rivals really dropped the ball. Mourinho did well to get second tbf, but then the next season he completely fecked things up.

Good football and winning are two different things. You can play very good, attacking and entertaining football and still lose. I mean, we were the better side every game for our past three games with more possession, more shots, more big chances than our opposition but we didn't win any of them. It happens. In our case due to brief lapses in concentration and some individual errors. Does that mean we played bad football? No.

UpWithRivers

So you really think that the ship is sinking. Once is sinks, there is no coming back. United are an institution and I can guarantee we'll win another at some point.

So, there is no reason to be so negative when our manager is trying to build a team, and performances are getting better (even if the results aren't going our way yet.).

We will be inconsistent with this squad and it's their learning curve. What's going to be fun to watch is how quickly we learn the list mile stuff - ruthlessness, game management, time wasting, finishing.
Reality is reality. Sometimes it seems like it's negative but it's not. it's just how it is. The house burned down and the owners are fkd and sleeping on the streets with their 3 year old. That's depressing and may seem negative but it's just facts.
All this it takes time, Ole is building a team, results will be inconsistent etc etc is just a theory. It's not facts. Facts are we have spent the last 6 years being sht and Ole has won 3 games in 16. It doesn't take rebuilding, time, money to beat bottom half teams. There is no excuse except we had a bad game but that excuse is no good if you keep doing it for months on end.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

I think that people within the media, specific pundits are paid off my specific clubs/agents to 'go easy' or show preference.

6 months ago G.Nev was FURIOUSLY imploring the club and fanbase to get rid of Ed Woodward... now he's saying that the club isn't that badly run and we need to give the owners time...

This is after the owners / Woodward have sold / lost - Rom, Herrera, Fellaini, Darmian, Sanchez, Smalling and invested the absolute minimum.

I believe G.Nev is being kept sweet with £££. Because I can't see why on Earth his tune would change so dramatically based on an awful Summer from the owners.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I think that people within the media, specific pundits are paid off my specific clubs/agents to 'go easy' or show preference.

6 months ago G.Nev was FURIOUSLY imploring the club and fanbase to get rid of Ed Woodward... now he's saying that the club isn't that badly run and we need to give the owners time...

This is after the owners / Woodward have sold / lost - Rom, Herrera, Fellaini, Darmian, Sanchez, Smalling and invested the absolute minimum.

I believe G.Nev is being kept sweet with £££. Because I can't see why on Earth his tune would change so dramatically based on an awful Summer from the owners.
Because his friend is now manager.

DBT85

But why ease up on Woodward...?

Surely it should add to his fury that Ole 'wasn't backed'? Think about it.

Google his Woodward rants and you'll be reminded of just how passionate he was about this literally months ago.
Just maybe Ole has spoken to him and told him something.

RooneyLegend

He has to prioritize the development of our really talented youngsters and stop playing the wasters. That's the only positive we are going to get out of this season. I'd like to see more of Greenwood, Gomes, Chong and Garner.

RooneyLegend

The stuff you read on this forum is quite strange at times. No one believes he's the man to win us trophies and get us competing at the top end yet people are happy to have him here. So if this season is an unmitigated disaster what good would he have done?

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Just maybe Ole has spoken to him and told him something.
If there was “something to tell” don’t you think SAF would have told him from before? G Neville is acting out of his own interest not the clubs, but his ultimate interest is to either 1) have Giggs as manager as that helps Salford or possibly even 2) one day, with the backing of his billionaire SE Asian friend and other investors, buy the club.

Both require the club to fall to some extent. The latter might seem even more far fetched but in 3-5 years, if Salford are in the championship who knows what they can get sold for. Also if United spend a few years in mid table the value will drop significantly...

So yeah. It’s obvious class of 92 have an agenda... they are very shrewd businessmen and have gotten backing from very wealthy people BILLIONAIRES. As well as Salford, they have business interest in hotels, higher education etc. Now I write this I think their end game is to be in a position to buy Man Utd and for that to happen they 1) need Glazers to want to sell and 2) They need the value to drop.

It’s obviously not something immediate or something they will advertise but definitely something they have in mind... when the time comes they will have Lin as a major backer, whatever they sell from all the shares they have in Salford and other businesses, and their pitch if anymore investment is needed will be “look what we did with Salford”

Last edited:

DBT85

If there was “something to tell” don’t you think SAF would have told him from before? G Neville is acting out of his own interest not the clubs, but his ultimate interest is 1) have Giggs as manager as that helps Salford or possibly even 2) one day, with the backing of his billionaire SE Asian friend and other investors, buy the club.
Is it a full tin foil hat you have or just an old colander?

Mainoldo

But why ease up on Woodward...?

Surely it should add to his fury that Ole 'wasn't backed'? Think about it.

Google his Woodward rants and you'll be reminded of just how passionate he was about this literally months ago.
Maybe because he’s finally realised shite owners exist everywhere!! So stop trying to rally the sheep of our fan base with ya hypocrisy.

Mainoldo

The stuff you read on this forum is quite strange at times. No one believes he's the man to win us trophies and get us competing at the top end yet people are happy to have him here. So if this season is an unmitigated disaster what good would he have done?
It’s the David Moyes effect again. Fergie’s words got Moyes time now Ole’s Champs final goal is giving him time. We don’t learn.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
If there was “something to tell” don’t you think SAF would have told him from before? G Neville is acting out of his own interest not the clubs, but his ultimate interest is to either 1) have Giggs as manager as that helps Salford or possibly even 2) one day, with the backing of his billionaire SE Asian friend and other investors, buy the club.

Both require the club to fall to some extent. The latter might seem even more far fetched but in 3-5 years, if Salford are in the championship who knows what they can get sold for. Also if United spend a few years in mid table the value will drop significantly...

So yeah. It’s obvious class of 92 have an agenda... they are very shrewd businessmen and have gotten backing from very wealthy people BILLIONAIRES. As well as Salford, they have business interest in hotels, higher education etc. Now I write this I think their end game is to be in a position to buy Man Utd and for that to happen they 1) need Glazers to want to sell and 2) They need the value to drop.

It’s obviously not something immediate or something they will advertise but definitely something they have in mind... when the time comes they will have Lin as a major backer, whatever they sell from all the shares they have in Salford and other businesses, and their pitch if anymore investment is needed will be “look what we did with Salford”
Lim is worth around $2.5bn, he isn't going to spend all his wealth buying United. Our value isn't going to fall into the hundreds of millions of pounds.

Even if all of Neville's business adventures took off, he'd be worth a couple of hundred million at most. There's isn't a chance in hell he would own the club.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We won't win or compete at the top end regardless this season because the squad isn't good enough. I think a transitional season where we blood some young players and cleanse the squad and wage bill isn't a bad thing.

We need to think more long term than short term. Personally I wasn't happy with his permanent appointment. However now I'm cool to roll with this season as long as by the end of it we are in a better position to know if the likes of Rashford Martial Gomes Garner Chong Tunazebe James et al are up to the task. That gives us a better platform to then spend in certain areas to build a team that can compete in a few years.

I doubt Ole will be manager next season

Revaulx

I don't understand why people are scared, none of them were in contention to get the job. Giggs was assistant manager and he wasn't even retained once Jose took over. People simple shit on them, just because they express their opinion.
Sorry - I wasn’t intending to shit on the Co92. I do think there’s a decent possibility of ending up with Giggs as long as he isn’t a total disaster with Wales. But that’ll be because Ed is a sentimental idiot, not because of the evil machinations of Gary et al.

RooneyLegend

We won't win or compete at the top end regardless this season because the squad isn't good enough. I think a transitional season where we blood some young players and cleanse the squad and wage bill isn't a bad thing.

We need to think more long term than short term. Personally I wasn't happy with his permanent appointment. However now I'm cool to roll with this season as long as by the end of it we are in a better position to know if the likes of Rashford Martial Gomes Garner Chong Tunazebe James et al are up to the task. That gives us a better platform to then spend in certain areas to build a team that can compete in a few years.

I doubt Ole will be manager next season
We'll never know how good these players are until we see them play for a coach good enough to challenge for titles. Great coaches have a huge effect on players these days.

Foxbatt

Arjen, the issue I had with Bosz was he didn't know what to do when Jose bypassed his midfield and Fellaini ran riot.
I love Dutch football when played like Ajax used to play. But now it looks like Spain and Pep got to be the successors of Dutch football played by Cruijff.
Ole is not the one to take us forward. It's good to get rid of some players but when things get tight in January we are going to suffer for the lack of enough quality and also numbers in the squad.
It's going to be interesting to see as the season unfolds.

MrBrightside1989

Ole needs time to rebuild, he needs until the start of next season before he is judged. This in itself is a gamble if it fails as will lead to another manager coming in and needing at least 12-18 months again.

I think ole will do a good job. He needs to be backed properly though, with investment in players and background staff to help him. McKenna and carrick have great potential as coaches but are very green. This shows why the much discussed DOF role is important.
Pogba will be away in the summer and as long as he plays well this season i wouldn't mind... but we will need talented players to replace him

RooneyLegend

In a world where there is Erik Ten Hag, Jardim and Allegri there for the taking we insist on having someone who clearly hasnt a clue what he's doing in the job. To what end though?

RooneyLegend

Arjen, the issue I had with Bosz was he didn't know what to do when Jose bypassed his midfield and Fellaini ran riot.
I love Dutch football when played like Ajax used to play. But now it looks like Spain and Pep got to be the successors of Dutch football played by Cruijff.
Ole is not the one to take us forward. It's good to get rid of some players but when things get tight in January we are going to suffer for the lack of enough quality and also numbers in the squad.
It's going to be interesting to see as the season unfolds.
Why are you mentioning Bosz? he isnt proven at the very highest level of the game. Ten Hag is, he's the obvious choice if we go in that direction.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
In a world where there is Erik Ten Hag, Jardim and Allegri there for the taking we insist on having someone who clearly hasnt a clue what he's doing in the job. To what end though?
The same Jardim that is currently 19th in Ligue 1 after finishing 17th?

Xaviboy

We should just give Ole the 3 years. Just accept that at moment we may end up outside top 6 this season. We have average squad at moment but you can see the what he is trying to do. Trying to bring in more youth and energy and getting rid of the dead wood that are not fit to play for the club. It will take time but there has been some positive in some of our gameplay in last couple of games. The movement and football in the build up play for the goal v Southampton is prime example of work being done. Playing out from back and one touch link up play leading up to the goal was a joy to watch. Ole will need 3-4 transfer windows to get in the players are fit to play for the club. We need to be patient. I'm buzzing for next game v Leicester.

RooneyLegend

The same Jardim that is currently 19th in Ligue 1 after finishing 17th?
Yes, not his fault they've been intent on selling his whole squad. That buffoonery wouldnt happen here.

I'm more interested in the man that won ligue 1 ahead of a side with outrageous resources.
The man that knocked Pep out of the CL that Pep said there was no way to defend against it. That man could do alot here with the resources that we have here.

Don't forget where Klopp was when he left Dortmund.

haram

If you told a host of other managers that the league position and points do not matter, they could do what Ole is doing. I don't get why people think what he is doing right now is anything special? If he is scrapping for 6th there is no excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.