Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lysglimt

Scout
I had high hopes for Solskjaer but he is the wrong choice!!!!

Young plays and plays and plays.....that is only Solskjaer's fault!!!
Could you maybe give him one transfer window to sign a new player before complaining ? Who should he play ? Darmian ? Rojo ? Shaw who is suspended ? Dalot who is really bad defensively ?

Bojan11

How is OGS been exposed if his captain and goalkeeper are just handing goals for fun?
Stop picking his captain because our so called captain is costing us a goal or making mistakes every game. Better off going for inexperience if your experienced players are making mistakes.

Yagami

Good post resistant
In this match its Young, Rojo who is worse or a 19 year old who is much better going forward in his wrong position.
To be fair, Dalot was very good in the first leg on the left.

DRM

Should've waited till the end of the season like we said we would.

Still think Poch was the right man for the job.

Actually it doesn't matter who we've got, we're bloody cursed ever since saf retired

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Stop picking his captain because our so called captain is costing us a goal or making mistakes every game. Better off going for inexperience if your experienced players are making mistakes.
Especially when we beat PSG with a bunch of inexperienced players and kids. So much for trusting youth.

AndyJ1985

This club is dead.

Every team goes through a successful period ours has been and gone. We've fallen too far behind now.
We have the resources to compete at the highest level. The trouble is we're run by morons who don't have a clue what they are doing. Until either Woodward is replaced, or we're bought by owners with ambition, we're going to keep going through this cycle of the same old shit.

UncleBob

Odd stick to beat him with, we played extremely well and limited Barcelona to feck all until Young gifted Messi the ball in a daft position and De Gea offered up 2-0 on a plate

Yagami

Good post resistant
Difficult to imagine someone putting in a worse performance than the one Young has so far.
True, but even in general that game, Dalot was one of the better performers. Despite his bad miss!

M Bison

Supports
York City
Almost certain. It'll be impossible to sack him, the board will be terrified of the backlash. Look how long it took to sack Mourinho?
The board were quite decisive when you look back to be fair. I was surprised it happened when it did, most expected him to be here until top 4 chances were dead.

Chairman Steve

He definitely deserves criticism for selecting Young constantly but I don’t think he has any other choice. Either go for a very inexperienced Dalot or someone’s who pretty much waiting to leave in Darmian.

It’s a massive fecking problem if no right back is bought this summer and Young is still starting games when all full backs are fit.

Kammy26

I like ole but I don’t understand why our board gave him the job before the end of the season. It just doesn’t make sense what was the point???

I always said we should wait until the end of the season before making a decision, if he got us top 4, then he should have been given the job.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Oh do me a favour FFS

I was no massive advocate of his appointment but what a fecking daft comment.

Give your head a wobble.
5 defeats in 7, with the 2 wins being unconvincing to say the least. What did I say that was daft? He's done a great job for the most part, but he's been found out over the last month or so. I'm not writing him off, chill out.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Could you maybe give him one transfer window to sign a new player before complaining ? Who should he play ? Darmian ? Rojo ? Shaw who is suspended ? Dalot who is really bad defensively ?
Young makes many mistakes in every game since weeks/months and he doesn't see that.........Darmian, Rojo or Dalot wouldn't be so bad.

Shaw as LCB in the 1st leg and Lindelöf as RB today.....stupid decisions but okay.

Young would not even be the Starting XI RB for Huddersfield.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Should've waited till the end of the season like we said we would.

Still think Poch was the right man for the job
Preparations for next season begin well before the end of this.

Don't disagree necessarily with the Poch assessment...but waiting until the end of the season was not an option. All plans needed to be in place before hand

Skills

Snitch
The board were quite decisive when you look back to be fair. I was surprised it happened when it did, most expected him to be here until top 4 chances were dead.
Any other half decent club would've sacked him around October. The fact that he lasted until december, where he had sabotaged the season for us was disgraceful. There would riots at the likes of Juventus, Madrid & Barcelona if the board were ever so passive.

Madrid sacked Lopetegui before we sacked JM :lol:

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Preparations for next season begin well before the end of this.

Don't disagree necessarily with the Poch assessment...but waiting until the end of the season was not an option. All plans needed to be in place before hand
That's another sign of a club run in a clueless manner . Should have a DOF to run this stuff and so the manager can come in and do his job . United have fecked it up again and in 12 months time we will be looking for a new manager

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
To be fair, Dalot was very good in the first leg on the left.
He was playing as a wing back though, played to his strengths going forward. Dalot will be a very good player, he's just not ready yet for this level, especially in a back 4.

Gomes

There is no way that Ole would have been the manager next season if Mourinho was sacked in October.

BulgarianDevil91

I am not a regular around here and I am unsure whether people are being sarcastic or not. Do people really think this of Ole and his job so far?

We are in a tough spell, yes, but I'm certain it would've been worse under Mourinho and it wouldn't have been any better under whoever else was available for the spot. In my opinion his real test starts with he beginning of next season, what he does now is largely irrelevant. I'd love a top 4 finish, but I'd be more surprised if we achieved it than not.

Robboadam31

Please, this whole forum was begging for Ole to be made permanent so that he could start planning for next season.

What’s changed? We knew the honeymoon would end soon and we knew there was a lot of work to do in the market.

You guys need patience - how we started tonight was great and it’s just stupid defensive/GK errors that’s robbed us.

Ole has until 2022 - that’ll show us whether he’s good.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It's a Champions league quarter final and the likes of Young, Lindelof, Jones, McTominay, Fred and Lingard are (correctly given the alternatives) starting for us.

It's all on Ole that we're not beating Barca at the Nou Camp though.:rolleyes:

Robboadam31

I am not a regular around here and I am unsure whether people are being sarcastic or not. Do people really think this of Ole and his job so far?

We are in a tough spell, yes, but I'm certain it would've been worse under Mourinho and it wouldn't have been any better under whoever else was available for the spot. In my opinion his real test starts with he beginning of next season, what he does now is largely irrelevant. I'd love a top 4 finish, but I'd be more surprised if we achieved it than not.
Agree, this topic is painful.

Celoti23-81

Don't blame Ole whatsoever tonight. A truly world class player would have scored that Rashford chance. Over hyped English player compared to Mbappe. Young is no full back, DDG head has gone. Smalling is a mid table defender as is Jones. Mctominay has 2 good games and all of a sudden he is a first team regular! Martial will always be a nearly player.

BlueHaze

Guys some of the things I'm reading here hurts my eyes. Do you remember it's Barca we are playing? Look at the fecking teams and the major difference in quality not to mention they have fecking Messi as well. We literally started the game fantastic and even after 1-0 there was a feeling there was still hope. Then came De Gea blunder and that killed the game. The players have lost hope but seriously, none of you expected us to come through as winners in this tie right?

Ole is not Sir Alex who could make shite players like Cleverley look like world class. There is only so much he can do with a squad riddled with absolute crap. His insistance on starting Young however is something he should be heavily criticized for.

Status
Not open for further replies.