Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

midnightmare

I put emphasis on the world ‘clearly’ because we haven’t seen anything new from either Martial or Rashford. They’re a year older, but not consistent enough so far, imo. What I will give Ole credit for is playing them in the position they’re obviously most suited to, which can’t be said for LVG or Mou.

I’ve voted to sack and stand by it (for now) but this is plain wrong:

1. Rashford has really stepped up and is clearly far better than he ever was under CC Jose
2. Martial has finally been played as a CF and is showing us what the club’s been missing - you could say what you like but the two guys previously played him LW for years and it’s been Ole that’s made the good switch to get the best out of him
3. Fred! He was absolute dross. Most wanted him gone. He may not be a world-beater but looks competent!
4. Dan James keeps improving. Comes from League One...
5. McTominay had become a meme under CC Jose (the man that “blooded” him) and he’s improving steadily of course as you’ve said too - give the coaching credit. It’s not like CC Jose improved any of the players!

There’s a lot to rightly critique about Ole. In-game management specially and of course the bizarre choices at 10 etc. But he has had positives too.

fps

Challenge? He should count Pogba's return as a blessing. The same player that pretty much gave him the job and the number 10 role he played to devastating effects in December- Febuary is already waiting for him. The chance to drop the nonscoring, non assisting number 10s like Andreas and Lingard for good and perhaps rescue what might be left of the season is no challenge.
The challenge is that he identified Pogba's role as one of the deep midfield two and may feel he wants to restore Pogba there, which would involve dropping one of Fred and McTominay who are both playing well and energetically. A lot of Man Utd's most lethargic performances have come with Pogba in the team, and while his quality is undoubted his running, pressing and consistency are not, so it's not as black and white as you're making out. I agree the right thing to do is put Pogba as the 10, and hope that's what Ole does.

fps

Most obvious and logical move would be in place of Pereira but instead of playing as a 10, he can play as attacking 8, like he did when Ole took over.

But we won't do the most logical thing, so it would be in place of Fred with Pereira playing as 10.
This is my exact concern. I wonder whether Fred might be pushed up to the 10 where he could continue to hassle and harry higher up the pitch.

Handré1990

Couple of things i see new with Rashford. He is using his left foot more. Solskjær has been encouraging him to do this and he also talked about this on the Post Partizan match huddle. Rashford's decision making has come leaps and bounds and looking little better now. Moves are alteast getting to the final third unlike before where it gets spoilt right in the build up when Rashford tries to run with the the ball from box to box. I agree with your point Ole has made the right choice in making Martial play as a striker.
Disagree about Rashford’s decision making. We’ve seen him do world class things before, like a beautiful headed assist in a crowded box, or his elastico before assisting v B’Mouth (this was under José). A little better perhaps? Leaps and bounds? Certainly not. He’s still almost exclusively looking down when he starts running or dribbling against defenders. If he had an ounce of Martial’s understanding of how and when to pass inside the box, we’d have a Marcus bound for world class status, imo. You might have a point about his weaker foot, too early to tell.

I’ve voted to sack and stand by it (for now) but this is plain wrong:

1. Rashford has really stepped up and is clearly far better than he ever was under CC Jose
2. Martial has finally been played as a CF and is showing us what the club’s been missing - you could say what you like but the two guys previously played him LW for years and it’s been Ole that’s made the good switch to get the best out of him
3. Fred! He was absolute dross. Most wanted him gone. He may not be a world-beater but looks competent!
4. Dan James keeps improving. Comes from League One...
5. McTominay had become a meme under CC Jose (the man that “blooded” him) and he’s improving steadily of course as you’ve said too - give the coaching credit. It’s not like CC Jose improved any of the players!

There’s a lot to rightly critique about Ole. In-game management specially and of course the bizarre choices at 10 etc. But he has had positives too.
What is plain wrong exactly?

1. More consistent, sure, but then he’s getting a lot more out of his position because of Martial at CF, and should be more mature at 21 than at 20.
2. I made this exact point...
3. He has showed a level we haven’t seen before, I really hope it continues, however it’s too early to conclude with anything.
4. Imo all three of Ole’s buys were excellent.
5. My point is he’s the only one so far that I feel comfortable concluding any clear progress on. So I’m waiting to give my verdict on the coaching.

Edit: I love Ole by the way! I so want him to succeed! United is more important to me than giving a legend and fellow noggie an easy ride.

Last edited:

Amir

Williams bossed Reece James and CHO at Stamford Bridge! and Brighton was light work for him too; looked so comfortable on the pitch and loves a good scrap too. It's a no brainer to start him whilst Shaw is still returning!
Thing is, Solskjaer seems to like giving the young players small tastes. Obviously that could change, but I still expect to see Young starting in our next match.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
They are one of the richest and strongest sides in that league if I'm not mistaken. I wouldn't use them as a barometer. He fluffed up Cardiff and still has a long way to go here, so let's just reserve judgement.
Why is this brought up all the time with no context? When he got there in January Cardiff had won 3/20 games and were rock bottom in the table. Them hiring Ole in the first place was a pretty desperate move

And Molde is far from the strongest or richest side in Norway. Since 1990, RBK has won the league 18 times. They are the Bayern Munich of Norway and then some

TRUERED89

Thing is, Solskjaer seems to like giving the young players small tastes. Obviously that could change, but I still expect to see Young starting in our next match.
Well he gave him the full 90 against Chelsea away, and Brighton at home. Think he's proved himself now, goodbye shit mouth :lol:!

ScarleyUtd

Quite a bit there that's going to vary from fan to fan

Good signings – debatable. Sheffield and Leicester have let in fewer goals than us and are further ahead in the table. The latter, we paid 80 million to take their 'best' defender near the deadline day.

Improvement in underperforming players – not really. Young is terrible. Lingard is terrible. Matic is terrible. Lindelof looks worse than he did last season. Shaw is injured again. Pogba looked terrible being played in the wrong position. De Gea has had quite a few howlers.

Wants to play attacking football – Erm...wants? So did Jose and LVG.

Has shipped out a lot of the deadwood everyone has been complaining about for years – Sanchez is still on our books. Smalling as well. Mata, Rojo, Matic, Young, Jones, Bailly all of whom I've heard called deadwood are still here. Who left? Lukaku and Herrera, neither of whom was deadwood.

Exciting focus on youth – agree, yes.

Loves the club and knows it inside out – irrelevant.

A sense of direction – I mean, he knows where the stretford end is. But for the club? I don't think we've seen enough tangibles.

In contention for the top 4 – actually disagree with your no here. Still time to see where this heads.
All three signings he's made are astute signings. No one can dispute that.

Fred? Rojo? McT? Not improved? And you're blaming him for Shaw being injured?

Jose wanted to play attacking football? We're now entering a parallel universe. And I saw a lot of LVG's teams – dire and immobile.

He has shipped out where he possibly could. Sanchez? Really? Herrera was on his way a long time before Ole and Lukaku already wanted out too. Another reason why the focus on youth is important – players who want to be here.

Loving the club and knowing it inside out is irrelevant? Same under Ferguson then?

The sense of direction comes from all the above. Under Maureen and LVG it was all short-term.

Handré1990

If ironical, please ignore this response:

You are actually sickened by your empathy with Paul Pogba? It disgusts you that a guy like Paul Pogba, having sacrificed so much for this club, has been told by this Solskjær dude to play in a midfield two like he did for Deschamps and several times under Mourinho? After all his toil and taking responsibility, he has been told he is a candidate for captaincy and the team will be built around him even if he rather wants to play for Real Madrid, and this makes your stomach turn at the injustice? Mino, are you sure it’s not just the turkey’n’tuna double mayo sandwich you had for late night snack at that questionable food truck?
Hah! Missed this earlier :lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why is this brought up all the time with no context? When he got there in January Cardiff had won 3/20 games and were rock bottom in the table. Them hiring Ole in the first place was a pretty desperate move

And Molde is far from the strongest or richest side in Norway. Since 1990, RBK has won the league 18 times. They are the Bayern Munich of Norway and then some
It's brought up because he had full autonomy on transfers, brought in a bunch of unknown, unproven "talents" and failed to build anything of note at the club, eventually getting them relegated.

The context is that he hasn't proved "time and time again" that he's good building sides. He hasn't proved it yet with us either. He's shown promise with us along with steps back every now and again, but that's all for now.

Sterling Archer

Inappropriate Content
All three signings he's made are astute signings. No one can dispute that.
Hardly astute. Maguire was a target before Ole and was a record fee. He better be transforming the team at that price point. Alas, he isn't. Like I've said, Lindelof looks worse and the team that lost Maguire has the best defense in the league at present. If you think beating last seasons defensive record is all that counts, it's remarkably short sighted since much the same players contributed to the second best defense across 38 games for the immediately preceeding two seasons.

Buying AWB , again for a ridiculous sum, to do what? Defend the same way he did for his previous midtable club. I'll bide my judgement for once the team as a whole improves but right now, it's a lot of money to have spent. And if value isn't an issue all of sudden that's rather hypocritical of this cafe but the expected nonsense flip flop.

Fred? Rojo? McT? Not improved? And you're blaming him for Shaw being injured?
You can go back and see I've been hot on McTominay since the early days. Jose played him. I was impressed. He's continued to grow the more game time he gets. That includes when Jose was here and now. Irrespective of the manager. Kid also openly praises Jose so bit silly to say Ole is the reason.

Rojo :lol: I swear this cafe never ceases to amaze me with its lack of memory. What's the opposite of an elephant memory? Rojo was part of one our best defensive runs in the last five years, under Jose I think. Then he got injured. So now that he's returning back to that level , a natural result of not being injured, it's Ole's doing? Tsk tsk

Ah Fred oh Fred. Give a foreign player who has gone thru a whole lot both personally in life and on the field consistent game time and who would have thought he might get better. But seriously the lack of memory is astounding. Just earlier this season cafe was up in arms at how shit he was for still being on vacation and not even in the team. Couple injuries later and he's forced into the lineup and again, shows a couple games of decent performances and it's Ole's magic?

Crikey, im surprised you're not saying Ole's the reason Lukuaku is slightly trimmer and scoring goals in Italy...

Jose wanted to play attacking football? We're now entering a parallel universe. And I saw a lot of LVG's teams – dire and immobile.
Talking about playing attacking football means jack shit when you don't actually play it. As many folks that can remember beyond the Partizan and Brighton games will tell you,consistently registering zero shots on target isn't exactly lighting the world on fire.

Two games out of a dozen somehow being used as the example is so fecking dumb. I can't understand how people can live off such nonsense.

He has shipped out where he possibly could. Sanchez? Really? Herrera was on his way a long time before Ole and Lukaku already wanted out too. Another reason why the focus on youth is important – players who want to be here.
At this point you're just arguing for the sake of it and making excuses left and right. I just listed the majority of deadwood the cafe had on their list higher than the ones we actually moved on as stil being here. Til they changes it's a bit early to be calling Ole the squad Messiah.

Loving the club and knowing it inside out is irrelevant? Same under Ferguson then?
Actually, you're right. Loving too much could lead to emotional and irrational decisions. Seems the case now.

Ferguson is the exact opposite of the point you're making. He didn't join United as a former player that was in love with the club. Turned out wonderfully. Few folks have also noted a certain Liverpool player that's come in and done quite nicely too.

The sense of direction comes from all the above. Under Maureen and LVG it was all short-term.
Yes, you're sense of direction is skewed way too far up the butthole of a rather shite manager who has everything left to prove before this wankfest continues over beating Brighton at home. Guess that's the expectation under smeagul.

Bobcat

It's brought up because he had full autonomy on transfers, brought in a bunch of unknown, unproven "talents" and failed to build anything of note at the club, eventually getting them relegated.

The context is that he hasn't proved "time and time again" that he's good building sides. He hasn't proved it yet with us either. He's shown promise with us along with steps back every now and again, but that's all for now.
Well i cant answer for the poster you quoted first, but he did lay the groundwork for the current Molde side, but yeah "time and time again" would not be correct since hes only done it once.

Regarding his Cardiff transfers he had some obvious flops like Wolf-Eikrem, but he also signed some players who turned out great for them like Sean Morrison and Bruno Manga. There were also some cases of good players like Fabio and Zaha who really should have done a lot better, but never settled there. In any case, since 2013/14 they've been back up into the PL once and got relegated again the same season. They are the typical "too good for the Championship, but not good enough for the PL" type of club

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Well i cant answer for the poster you quoted first, but he did lay the groundwork for the current Molde side, but yeah "time and time again" would not be correct since hes only done it once.

Regarding his Cardiff transfers he had some obvious flops like Wolf-Eikrem, but he also signed some players who turned out great for them like Sean Morrison and Bruno Manga. There were also some cases of good players like Fabio and Zaha who really should have done a lot better, but never settled there. In any case, since 2013/14 they've been back up into the PL once and got relegated again the same season. They are the typical "too good for the Championship, but not good enough for the PL" type of club
I don't think his Cardiff stint is excusable with statements like "oh they only came back up once" and "he made 2 good signings".

He signed 9 players and named a different XI in every single match during his tenure. He didn't build any sort of foundation despite being backed. Some results were borderline embarrassing, 4-0 losses to Hull and Sunderland, 3-0 defeats to Newcastle and Swansea, netting 6 versus Liverpool who werent great then. He actually took over an OK ship from the previous manager too, and said himself that he made errors with Cardiff where he changed too much too quick.

All we can do is hope he learned from those mistakes and can prove himself at top level here. But this idea that he's established at building something is just silly. What he's done at Molde counts for nothing in a top league like this one and his Cardiff stint was a catastrohy.

Godfather

so if we play great every week you might change your mind?

tough crowd
How so? One or two good games after a bunch of absolute shit ones won't do it for me. He needs to prove he is able to get this team performing consistently which he hasn't so far. Not in the slightest. Let's see if if our result on Sunday was a turning point.

Dve

Crap or not, but that's what is happening. Previously, it wasn't happening - we had Lingard all the time, Matic all the time, Mata often, and all these players have been more or less shit all the time and yet were selected again. And again. And then again.

To select a team on merit looks a natural approach - but that's an approach Ole didn't previously pursue.

What will happen when Pogba, Tuanzebe and Shaw return from injuries - it will be interesting to see, certainly.
So Fred and and Pereira should have been playing more.. based on merit?

Mate, it´s not a new approach that Matic is not being played while injured, while he otherwise was playing all the time (he was not).

Lingard was first choice the first matches, I´ll give you that, but is dropped now because he´s out of form. All this is a new approach, because earlier Ole did not play his best players? Which would be?

But hey, now that McTominay is injured, Ole will probable change his "approach" again and give Matic a game or two. Ole out.

Alemar

So Fred and and Pereira should have been playing more.. based on merit?

Mate, it´s not a new approach that Matic is not being played while injured, while he otherwise was playing all the time (he was not).

Lingard was first choice the first matches, I´ll give you that, but is dropped now because he´s out of form. All this is a new approach, because earlier Ole did not play his best players? Which would be?

But hey, now that McTominay is injured, Ole will probable change his "approach" again and give Matic a game or two. Ole out.
You try to find the reasons, and I simply operate with facts. Why did Ole change his approach - it is another question, but he certainly did. Maybe injuries helped, maybe something else. What is important is that neither Mata nor Lingard/Matic start matches any longer. Hopefully time will come for Young too.

Dve

How so? One or two good games after a bunch of absolute shit ones won't do it for me. He needs to prove he is able to get this team performing consistently which he hasn't so far. Not in the slightest. Let's see if if our result on Sunday was a turning point.
Ole is rebuilding the squad and was basically playing a U23 team against Brighton. I don´t think we can expect his team to be consistent this season, but we need to see improvements. Some would argue that winning 6 out of his last 7 matches, is just that.

Bobcat

I don't think his Cardiff stint is excusable with statements like "oh they only came back up once" and "he made 2 good signings".

He signed 9 players and named a different XI in every single match during his tenure. He didn't build any sort of foundation despite being backed. Some results were borderline embarrassing, 4-0 losses to Hull and Sunderland, 3-0 defeats to Newcastle and Swansea, netting 6 versus Liverpool who werent great then. He actually took over an OK ship from the previous manager too, and said himself that he made errors with Cardiff where he changed too much too quick.

All we can do is hope he learned from those mistakes and can prove himself at top level here. But this idea that he's established at building something is just silly. What he's done at Molde counts for nothing in a top league like this one and his Cardiff stint was a catastrohy.
He no doubt made some errors there, no one is suggesting he did a great job at Cardiff, but i would hardly call a team that had won 3/20 for an "Ok ship", that ship was full of holes and heading for the bottom long before he got there. He failed to make any sort of positive impact, but i would not say he made it much worse either as they were heading downwards either way. Here on the other hand he had the complete opposite effect and went on a 12(?) game winning streak

Imo, in situations like these its not purely luck or bad luck, but i think in a lot of these "new manager bounce" situations circumstance plays a bigger part than the managers influence

steve.crowford

Ole should use what Klopp did as a reference for the rebuild. All of the below points can be applied to us. Took him a few years to achieve. Very similar to our situation.
1. The year Klopp came in and over the next few seasons he sold/released/loaned out the deadwood. The likes of Skrtel, Allen, Luis Alberto, Markovic, Enrique, Kolo Toure, Flanagan, Klavan, Lucas Leiva.
2. He got rid of the players with poor attitudes/poor mentality. The likes of Balotelli, Sakho, Benteke. Got some decent transfer fees for a couple of them too.
3. Made some money on youth players trying to break in to the first team but just weren't good enough. The likes of Ibe, Wisdom, Solanke.
4. Sold first teamers who wanted out. 'If you don't want to play for us you can go, nobody is irreplaceable' mentality. Suarez and Sterling left before he came in but obviously the Coutinho sale comes to mind. Made £140m there to be reinvested. Emre Can another one.
5. Identified players already playing in the PL with quality and the right attitude. The likes of Mane, Wijnaldum, Robertson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, van Dijk, Shaqiri.
6. Added quality hard working players from abroad. The likes of Firmino, Matip, Fabinho, Keita, Alisson, Salah.
7. Promoted young players that are good enough for the first team. The likes of Jo Gomez, Alexander-Arnold, Origi.
8. Coached and improved most of the above players. None of them were world beaters, even Salah.
9. Held on to the leaders in the team. The likes of Milner and Henderson even though they're not regular starters. Has now added van Dijk to that.
And all of the above achieved with under £100m net spend!

DLE

Alternative for Docklands Light Rail
Ole should use what Klopp did as a reference for the rebuild. All of the below points can be applied to us. Took him a few years to achieve. Very similar to our situation.
1. The year Klopp came in and over the next few seasons he sold/released/loaned out the deadwood. The likes of Skrtel, Allen, Luis Alberto, Markovic, Enrique, Kolo Toure, Flanagan, Klavan, Lucas Leiva.
2. He got rid of the players with poor attitudes/poor mentality. The likes of Balotelli, Sakho, Benteke. Got some decent transfer fees for a couple of them too.
3. Made some money on youth players trying to break in to the first team but just weren't good enough. The likes of Ibe, Wisdom, Solanke.
4. Sold first teamers who wanted out. 'If you don't want to play for us you can go, nobody is irreplaceable' mentality. Suarez and Sterling left before he came in but obviously the Coutinho sale comes to mind. Made £140m there to be reinvested. Emre Can another one.
5. Identified players already playing in the PL with quality and the right attitude. The likes of Mane, Wijnaldum, Robertson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, van Dijk, Shaqiri.
6. Added quality hard working players from abroad. The likes of Firmino, Matip, Fabinho, Keita, Alisson, Salah.
7. Promoted young players that are good enough for the first team. The likes of Jo Gomez, Alexander-Arnold, Origi.
8. Coached and improved most of the above players. None of them were world beaters, even Salah.
9. Held on to the leaders in the team. The likes of Milner and Henderson even though they're not regular starters. Has now added van Dijk to that.
And all of the above achieved with under £100m net spend!
10. Continued to be the most annoying manager in the league with his obnoxious overacting on the sideline and teeth too big for his mouth.

Dve

You try to find the reasons, and I simply operate with facts. Why did Ole change his approach - it is another question, but he certainly did. Maybe injuries helped, maybe something else. What is important is that neither Mata nor Lingard/Matic start matches any longer. Hopefully time will come for Young too.
Before: Ole started bad players
Now: Ole´s starting good players

There you go. Change in approach

It has to be, otherwise Ole would have played an injured Matic. Got you.

ScarleyUtd

Yes, you're sense of direction is skewed way too far up the butthole of a rather shite manager who has everything left to prove before this wankfest continues over beating Brighton at home. Guess that's the expectation under smeagul.
You've just shown your true colours and they don't even look like United. Tbh you're not worth bothering with.

Sterling Archer

You've just shown your true colours and they don't even look like United. Tbh you're not worth bothering with.
What gave it away?
Its quite interesting to see this amongst fans on the cafe. When Jose was here and reaching the meltdown it was fine and dandy to call him Maureen and a bellend and a virus and all that other stuff. This while the man was still manager of United. You cried because your favorite superstar players were being asked to play with more heart and honor for the badge. You cried because the manager insulted your club by recalling our European failures. Last but not least you were upset with the clubs on the field mediocrity.

And here we are now, with another manager that's currently performing worse on the field. He's saying questionable things like it being a real darn tootin challenge to beat oh so great Norwich. And it is bothersome to you that I call him smeagul? A lookalike in jest?

See , I respect Ole as a player. But as a manager he has a long way to go before he gets the benefit of the doubt over better managers before him. Frankly, if you think putting up with all this just because Ole scored some big goals for is makes you a better United fan, then not only are ya a pretentious fan you're the kind of feeble minded sensitive baby our squad is rotten with.

Conor

This is pathetic stuff from a Utd fan. You can discuss how you think he's doing without resorting to being a bellend about it.

Handré1990

Its quite interesting to see this amongst fans on the cafe. When Jose was here and reaching the meltdown it was fine and dandy to call him Maureen and a bellend and a virus and all that other stuff. This while the man was still manager of United. You cried because your favorite superstar players were being asked to play with more heart and honor for the badge. You cried because the manager insulted your club by recalling our European failures. Last but not least you were upset with the clubs on the field mediocrity.

And here we are now, with another manager that's currently performing worse on the field. He's saying questionable things like it being a real darn tootin challenge to beat oh so great Norwich. And it is bothersome to you that I call him smeagul? A lookalike in jest?

See , I respect Ole as a player. But as a manager he has a long way to go before he gets the benefit of the doubt over better managers before him. Frankly, if you think putting up with all this just because Ole scored some big goals for is makes you a better United fan, then not only are ya a pretentious fan you're the kind of feeble minded sensitive baby our squad is rotten with.
Don’t know why you’re quoting me. I just ment that someone, supposed fellow United fan at that, who uses this phrase:
because he is of a different opinion than him, on a discussion forum, probably isn’t worth his time. Childish, petulant and disrespectful. In my humble opinion that post is an abomination. Shit, I just can’t stop, smeagul? Really? Did you just land from rawk?

Before you accuse me of smelling our managers behind or whatever, keep in mind I voted sack a month ago.

Tarrou

Yeah. I just meant that if we play like that every week surely you would definitely support him?

Sterling Archer

This is pathetic stuff from a Utd fan. You can discuss how you think he's doing without resorting to being a bellend about it.
No what's pathetic is the sense of honor and respect about how a fan talks about the manager changes based on who is at the helm. It's hypocrisy that needs weeding out.

USREDEVIL

Are you really comparing the toxic Mourinho with Ole? I won't go over all of Mourinho's horrible acts as we all witnessed them first hand. Ole might not be your cup of tea, might not be doing the best so far, but he's never been toxic and as far as i can tell trying his hardest to turn this club around. But keep name-calling if that makes you feel bigger.

Rafaeldagold

I mean a lot of this is true. Jose & LVG got absolutely hammered for being 10x the manager & bringing success Ole could only dream of.

Also it’s some weird thing where they think they are some super fan for sticking with a clearly not up to it manager who isn’t good enough to lead us- it’s not, it just makes you look overly sentimental & is pulling our club further away from relevance in the football world.

Rafaeldagold

Are you really comparing the toxic Mourinho with Ole? I won't go over all of Mourinho's horrible acts as we all witnessed them first hand. Ole might not be your cup of tea, might not be doing the best so far, but he's never been toxic and as far as i can tell trying his hardest to turn this club around. But keep name-calling if that makes you feel bigger.
2nd place, Europa League & FA Cup? I think it was probably time for Jose to go but don’t distort history here.
Of course Jose wanted to turn the club around too..what benefit would it be to him to want to fail? That’s just illogical.

Sterling Archer

Don’t know why you’re quoting me. I just ment that someone, supposed fellow United fan at that, who uses this phrase:

because he is of a different opinion than him, on a discussion forum, probably isn’t worth his time. Childish, petulant and disrespectful. In my humble opinion that post is an abomination. Shit, I just can’t stop, smeagul? Really? Did you just land from rawk?

Before you accuse me of smelling our managers behind or whatever, keep in mind I voted sack a month ago.
It was very choice words to make a point about the hypocrisy here. Because I see the voice of reason on here again and again by posters that ignore it to
1) defend Ed Woodward and the Glazers
2) change the high standards for the club set by sir Alex because a former player is at the helm

USREDEVIL

2nd place, Europa League & FA Cup? I think it was probably time for Jose to go but don’t distort history here.
Of course Jose wanted to turn the club around too..what benefit would it be to him to want to fail? That’s just illogical.
Where did i say Jose did not want to turn the club around? Of course he wanted to but when it wasn't happening he became the toxic one. What history am i distorting exactly?

Sterling Archer

I mean a lot of this is true. Jose & LVG got absolutely hammered for being 10x the manager & bringing success Ole could only dream of.

Also it’s some weird thing where they think they are some super fan for sticking with a clearly not up to it manager who isn’t good enough to lead us- it’s not, it just makes you look overly sentimental & is pulling our club further away from relevance in the football world.
I may be a bit over the top in the way I say it but stand by the point. Glad you can see beneath the phrasing

BlueHaze

Jose didn't win the FA cup. Conte did. Against him.. :lol:

Handré1990

It was very choice words to make a point about the hypocrisy here. Because I see the voice of reason on here again and again by posters that ignore it to
1) defend Ed Woodward and the Glazers
2) change the high standards for the club set by sir Alex because a former player is at the helm
You’re just useless at this discussion thing, aren’t you? Great name though.

Status
Not open for further replies.