Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesjimmybyrondean

But we are showing patience and Ole will turn things around.... Once you accept mediocrity and lower standards, you eventually become apathetic. Wasn't working with Emery and everyone could see it. You can draw the same comparisons with Ole and Emery, just that a lot of posters around here simply refuse to see it for some odd reason.
The players downed tools for Emery though. But so far the players we have look like they are playing for the club even though they are not good enough

roonaldo78

Emery sacked. Big weekend for Ole now.
Is it really? We could lose our next 5 games and still cannot see him being under pressure. We will still be told of how he has made 3 great signings and that is all that matters.

The Bloody-Nine

We got him because we needed someone from the club, of course we wouldn't ring any old player for the job ffs. We need someone from the club and he is it, some support would be nice, but most have just been waiting for to jump on his back as soon as he didn't make us in to tittle winners in one transfer window.
Why did we need someone from the club?

tomaldinho1

Villa marks the end of the forgiving run we should have been taking advantage of (Norwich, Bournemouth, Brighton, Sheffield, Villa) and we've then got a resurgent Spurs and City to come. If the board were going to replace Ole it should have been done already, now it's too much of a baptism of fire in that you have United;s ex manager + a Manchester Derby coming up where we are expected to lose both.

I don't blame Ole anymore because he's obviously just doing the best he can, which simply is nowhere near good enough but he's not the one making decisions. The board keep messing up and it's unacceptable - LVG found out he was fired through his wife, they gave Jose a new contract didn't back him and had to pay him a small fortune whilst he waited for the sack and are now so scared of making a decision on Ole that the message is they will just stick with him. We're fecking 9th in the league and it's not inconceivable that we'll be close to the relegation zone by the time we've played the City game.

TrueRed79

The players downed tools for Emery though. But so far the players we have look like they are playing for the club even though they are not good enough
Really? That's funny if you honestly think the squad we have is only good for our current position of 9th.

troylocker

Anyone with a high IQ would know that the "taken at the start of 2019" isn't needed as IQ levels stay the same, unless you're going senile or really old.
I have also heard that stating your IQ in a public forum is a solid proof of really elite EQ...

roonaldo78

We got him because we needed someone from the club, of course we wouldn't ring any old player for the job ffs. We need someone from the club and he is it, some support would be nice, but most have just been waiting for to jump on his back as soon as he didn't make us in to tittle winners in one transfer window.
This myth about Ole getting criticism because of not challenging for the title needs to stop. That is not the ask, some basic progress and a plan to improve is what I am expecting. Instead, we are regressing with no clear style of play.

El Zoido

I have always respected the assistant managers at United, but if you honestly think getting a better assistant in is going to change anything then you’re deluded.
Why would it not change anything? The right man could transform us. Again, we went from being shaky in Europe to being almost invincible in large part due to the input of Carlos Queiroz, so I’m not sure why you think improving on Mike Phelan would make no difference. Frankly it could change absolutely everything.

Mainoldo

Is it really? We could lose our next 5 games and still cannot see him being under pressure. We will still be told of how he has made 3 great signings and that is all that matters.
Na the fans can’t stay dumb forever. The noise will get to loud abit like the Gunners. The United Stand will be unbearable.

Mainoldo

Is it ever bearable? :lol: Who watches that shite
New era of football fans. AFTv and Full time Devils got it going. Now it’s just the norm. Abit like Football Forums. I don’t see nothing wrong with it. Social media era for you :lol:

elánius

Premier League win rates as permanent manager.

Unai Emery (AFC) 49%
Ole Gunnar Solskjær (MUFC) 28.6%

Maybe I am "doing football supprt wrong", but this is absolutly unacceptable and Ole should have been fired weeks ago.

AneRu

He needs a good assistant alongside him. Carlos Queiroz revolutionised the football under Fergie, and brought new ideas to the table. If Ole had someone alongside him to bring a different perspective & dimension to our tactics it would make a world of difference. Mourinho had Rui Faria, Klopp had Buvac, both absolutely crucial to the style and success of those managers.
That only works if the manager has something more than a legendary status and talking a good game on TV. All the good assistants Fergie had were so because Fergie himself was very good at what he did.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Emery sacked. Big weekend for Ole now.
Yep. Sets a big precedent and nowhere to hide for Ed now with Arsenal doing as well as us. Well, "well" is a term I'd use loosely. Spurs acting too.

Next three games are huge for Ole. I mean at the very least I'm expecting 4 points.

R'hllor

Clubs around us making moves means nothing in our case, dunno why people think that string of bad results will force some kind of change.

Judas

Open to offers
It would take a very long string of bad results for Ole to lose his job, and that just isn't likely to happen, we'll keep picking up the odd win and have a good performance against strong teams to keep us just dragging along.

RedIan

United won 4 drawn 5 lost 4
Arsenal won 4 drawn 6 lost 3
spurs. won 4 drawn 5 lost 4

the latter 2 teams both now decided those stats are not good enough and sack the manager... surely the clocks ticking on Ole.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Its astonishing that we lost to some 5th rate team yesterday and we've somehow managed turn that into a positive because the youngsters played. Holy shit have we lost ALL standards. feck dropping them, theyre gone.

::sonny::

Clubs around us making moves means nothing in our case, dunno why people think that string of bad results will force some kind of change.
He is a miracle man

Untouchable because he doesn’t ask for players and the club is happy for saving money, both completely satisfied

Amir

the latter 2 teams both now decided those stats are not good enough and sack the manager... surely the clocks ticking on Ole.
Not for a while. Alongside his role as Manchester United manager, he is also Manchester United's narrative and excuse - He's one of our own, he deserves time, he needs time because the squad isn't great, etc. It's working on enough fans, so they'll go with it for as long as they can.

Oldyella

Both in their positions for longer though. Which does affect how clubs act. Arsenal fans had turned toxic too.

Judas

Open to offers
Ed went behind LVG's back to Jose when publicly all the noise was he was backing him, it wouldn't be a shock or surprise that we've made contact with Poch in my opinion.

Godfather

Its astonishing that we lost to some 5th rate team yesterday and we've somehow managed turn that into a positive because the youngsters played. Holy shit have we lost ALL standards. feck dropping them, theyre gone.
Some even mentioned is was valuable game time for the youngsters. A 2-1 loss against a team from Kazakhstan. Very valuable indeed.

Godfather

I'd rather have a manager being over the top with praise in public than throwing them under the bus, maybe I'm weird though.
Nah. If it's justified praise than I'm all for it. But if he goes out mentioning how good freaking Lingard was than it's a pure pisstake. I'd actually find it funny if it was a tongue in cheek remark but he seemed pretty serious about it

AshRK

It wasn't a world beater squad but it was definitely an easily top 3 or 4 one. The current squad imo has become worse than what it was last season.
DIdn't want to make Unai Emery's thread about Ole. Coming back to your point, I feel the squad that Jose left needed major revamping anyways. Yes, if we go back to Jan 2018 after buying Sanchez, the squad definitely looked more promising on paper but then it all went downhill. Lukaku , Herrera did not want to stay, Matic and Sanchez became shit. Pogba went AWOL. And Martial and rashford blew hot and cold. My point is Ole did not take over a strong squad by any imagination.

Just to clarify I do not think Ole is the man to take us forward but I will not buy the argument that Ole took over some amazing squad and made it shit. Our squad was as unstable as it gets when he took over.

Alabaster Codify7

I'd rather have a manager being over the top with praise in public than throwing them under the bus, maybe I'm weird though.

What about neither? What about a manager that speaks in real terms without being overly critical? A manager that simply states "that was frankly poor and I'm/we're unhappy" rather than claiming he's proud of the boys' efforts.

It's like he's trying the 'kill them with kindness' approach to keep the fans onside - "Im going to be the literal antithesis of everything that was Jose Mourinho....including his trophy cabinet"

Judas

Open to offers
Nah. If it's justified praise than I'm all for it. But if he goes out mentioning how good freaking Lingard was than it's a pure pisstake. I'd actually find it funny if it was a tongue in cheek remark but he seemed pretty serious about it
It's pretty obvious to me he's just trying to raise his confidence though, we all know the truth. I'd hope Ole isn't totally blind, but then Andreas starts every PL game, so who knows!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What about neither? What about a manager that speaks in real terms without being overly critical? A manager that simply states "that was frankly poor and I'm/we're unhappy" rather than claiming he's proud of the boys' efforts.

It's like he's trying the 'kill them with kindness' approach to keep the fans onside - "Im going to be the literal antithesis of everything that was Jose Mourinho....including his trophy cabinet"
Maybe if you started following the club after Ole retired. He was always like that as a player, even in the interviews before he was always like that and now as a manager he is being himself who wants to be positive and praise the players at least infront of cameras.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It's pretty obvious to me he's just trying to raise his confidence though, we all know the truth. I'd hope Ole isn't totally blind, but then Andreas starts every PL game, so who knows!
If not Andreas then Lingard, if not him then it's Mata.

It's like Shit old player, shittier prime player, shittiest young player.

Status
Not open for further replies.