Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

90 + 5min

It is so funny. When we lose, there is wichhunt. When we win there is "give him time" and there is silence from wichhhunters.

Today were no different to many of games we drew or lost. We play good football when we have players who can play. Squad is thin and as soon as injuries come we are fragile. Just look at the bench.

However happy that we won today. And as I have often said. Managers need time.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
Scum the lot of them.
They're not Ole fans. And rightly so, I might add. If a shit manager could get the sack if we lose a game, I'd take that lose. There is no place for sentimentality here.

That said, our intensity in the first half was pretty good to seem hoping to se more of it against teams that sit back and defend as a unit, as well.

TsuWave

It’s gonna be this seesaw cycle with this guy. Lose/draw 3, and when the pressure is piling up win 1. Rinse and repeat.

To be fair, today’s win was totally deserved, I was expecting a disaster but we were the better team.

can’t wait until we get rid of this guy though.

mu4c_20le

Like ive been saying, we are capable of playing good, and the players are clearly being coached. It's not just about player ability, but balance, something we've been lacking very b adly in the last few years especially when compared to the likes of Chelsea and Leicester.

Canagel

Life as a midtable team is weird. We dont do enough to lose vs big teams because of our game raising like typical midtable teams and don't put two wins together vs the dross. It's like some kind of football purgatory.

Runaway Sue

Oles at the wheel. feck you doubters
He still hasnt proved anything. He is probably the worst manager in the PL, ever. Thanks to people like you the climb back up top will be much harder. Every day we give Fleksnes is another day we dig ourselves even deeper.
Its a sad state when people put their idols above the club :(

Owngoalscorer

Was really pleased to see us not just trying to "hold on" to the lead for the last 20 mins and avoiding the usual suicide by random defending - actually going out and attacking both spurs and the ball for the full 90.
Thought Olé was tactically sound today and what a difference McT's return made. Him & Fred have worked out a decent partnership and are very complimentary players - they cover the defence admirably with some great tracking back by all the forwards.

Oldyella

It is now time for one half of the supporters to come out the woodwork and give it the old “I told you so”. When we lose our next game the other half will come out of the woodwork and will give it the old “I told you so”.
hah. Very true. Still, lets enjoy these wins when they come!

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Life as a midtable team is weird. We dont do enough to lose vs big teams because of our game raising like typical midtable teams and don't put two wins together vs the dross. It's like some kind of football purgatory.
Lack of consistency comes with the territory when you rely so much on young players. This was also the case with LvG, he used to boss big games and then drop points at the likes of stoke.

OleBoiii

Fun fact from the Norwegian pundits: only Liverpool does better against the other top teams this season.

We struggle to break down teams that park the bus, but to be fair tactics and motivation become almost pointless at that point. You need lethal strikers and creativity in midfield to cope with that. We don't really have any of those.

Gomes

It’s gonna be this seesaw cycle with this guy. Lose/draw 3, and when the pressure is piling up win 1. Rinse and repeat.

To be fair, today’s win was totally deserved, I was expecting a disaster but we were the better team.

can’t wait until we get rid of this guy though.
Watch out, some Norwegian is going to want you banned.

R'hllor

Like ive been saying, we are capable of playing good, and the players are clearly being coached. It's not just about player ability, but balance, something we've been lacking very b adly in the last few years especially when compared to the likes of Chelsea and Leicester.
Good one.

The White Pele

His record in the big games is very good. If we can add some quality to the team to give us the edge against the lesser teams then Ole will do fine in the short to medium term, in my opinion.

Jinn

This is on the players, not Ole.
It's no coincidence we pitch up for the big games and go limp playing the other teams.
It's consistency from our big players is what we need.
I liked Fred's performance today, but I don't trust him to do it on a consistent basis. Maybe Scott makes him play better, I don't know? It's just wierd that they are so up and down!

LJJT

It is now time for one half of the supporters to come out the woodwork and give it the old “I told you so”. When we lose our next game the other half will come out of the woodwork and will give it the old “I told you so”.
Oles at the wheel. fecking buzzing for him he’s the main man we are a young inconsistent team but ole is doing a good job and needs backing 100%

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He doesn't lack for character, took a lot of shit in the media and followed it up with a solid win even while missing Martial.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Delighted to see the team come out to play for him, then come out second half to win it for him.

I love Ole so much and it would make me so happy to see him succeed.

bleedred

Very happy about the win. But it begs the question, if we can do it against these sides then why not against the weaker sides. It was the same problem under LVG's second season.

I just see this as another false dawn, we had many under LVG and Jose to be fooled again.

SteveW

Our midfield at the weekend was Fred, Periera and Mata. Surely you can see the problem with that.

Getting McTominay back was huge.

Tiber

I still love him to death, delighted to see him get an important win against The Toxic One when under so much pressure from the media.

JustAGuest

As good of a performance as you could have hoped for. Credit where it's due, we have been good vs the top 6 under Ole.

Xaviboy

Need consistency. Fair play to him getting the lads up for the spurs game and great win and performance by the team but let's see can we get a run going now. Another big test weekend. May revert to different type of system the weekend as City can pull you apart but it's all about consistency now. No point in giving it your all in one game and back to the useless crap we seen most of this season. Be interesting to see what type of players he will look to bring in and can improve us.

Sweet Square

We are one of the youngest and most inconsistent teams in the league. And quite a lot of fans have failed to accepted this.

So yes this cycle will continue.

Our midfield at the weekend was Fred, Periera and Mata. Surely you can see the problem with that.

Getting McTominay back was huge.
There were much better options than Periera next to Fred though, I've argued it for 2 weeks, no top manager would've thought Andreas and Fred could've worked so Ole and the management team brought the last two results on themselves. Tonight though, by picking a balanced side we looked a million times better for it.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The players responded. Played well for that first half an hour. Desperately needed a win. Ole's record against the bigger clubs is a lot better than against the other 14 teams in the league, especially as they tend to play a more open game so we're not having to open teams up. He's not the man for the job, especially long-term, but if he can gather some momentum and start getting acceptable performances out of this team he could finish out the season. I'm not holding my breath though.

R'hllor

Oh some couldnt wait a moment to pop out with amnesia and be all weird about it, love it.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Very good performance, especially first half. They just couldn't cope with intensity.

DON’T PANIC ™

His record in the big games is very good. If we can add some quality to the team to give us the edge against the lesser teams then Ole will do fine in the short to medium term, in my opinion.
I sort of agree with you but, if the players we have can get a draw against Liverpool and beat a revitalised Tottenham, I question his ability to motivate the players when we can’t perform in the games against the lesser teams.

The way we played from the start tonight is the way we should play all the time. Normally we only show that level of urgency when we go behind.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Fair play to him tonight. I didn't think he was capable of setting us up properly at home before tonight, expecting the worst.

I want him out but if he has us playing like tonight the majority of matches, i will definitely be willing to give him more time.

Stepney73

It's a good win for ole and he deserves to enjoy it.

His in game managment is still one of my concerns but that could improve if he has more options in the squad to change games when needed.

I still wouldn't mind some top class coaches at the club plus a DOF to kick things on.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Massive result under pressure, but performance pleased me more. Looked in complete control for almost entirety of the match, this is something which we haven’t done versus any of the big sides this season.

But, I’m gonna still exercise precaution and not get carried away. Been plenty of that during this season already.

This is quite accurate. Depending on which camp you fall into. You can argue either our players aren’t good enough to beat dross or manager doesn’t have the tactical nous to do the same. Both of these arguments aren’t without merit though.

SteveW

There were much better options than Periera next to Fred though, I've argued it for 2 weeks, no top manager would've thought Andreas and Fred could've worked so Ole and the management team brought the last two results on themselves. Tonight though, by picking a balanced side we looked a million times better for it.
Who were they?

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Today is a very positive day, and it’d be daft to be negative about it...but it’d also be super fecking silly to go too overboard and pretend it makes up for everything that’s come before.... if the last 10 months of disappointing stagnation can be easily dismissed as the irrelevant and inevitable consequence of progress... then we can’t very well turn around and lord it up at our 5th win of the season, as if it means anything more than a single good performance on the day, at home, against a team who’ve been largely as shit as us this season....

It’s great to be optimistic, and we should all enjoy it, but let’s not get carried away... let’s wait until we’ve strung more than 4 wins together before we decide it means anything.

Or at least before we start valedictorily lording it over posters who are just inevitably going to quote post you back in a couple of weeks!

mu4c_20le

We are one of the youngest and most inconsistent teams in the league. And quite a lot of fans have failed to accepted this.

So yes this cycle will continue.
Yeap the club chose to put faith in young players like Rashford and Martial, it was always going to be a rocky ride.

M16Red

There is a difference in the teams in the top 6 and lower team. It's clearly the low block we don't have the player to unlock a low block simple as that really.

Liverpool's way is to wip the ball in from wide in less than four forward passes.

City's way is the same against everyone pass and move with width. But this does change with the players

If we could just find a way the play against a low block we'd be much better, and I dare say Pogba in that 10 role could be that player. But we are very very thin and there is still four players that need to move on.

always_hoping

Interesting comparison between now and 2016/17 under Jose

2016/17 P15 Pts 24 and 6th in the table
2019/20 P15 Pts 21 and 6th in the table

The 15th game in both seasons home wins v Tottenham.

Status
Not open for further replies.