Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flexdegea

We've no idea how to play if we don't have vast amounts of space in behind the opposition's defence. It's not a personel problem -- it's a coaching problem. If you can't see this, then you're seeing our situation through rose tinted specs.

Oh dear..............thank god I didnt take my rose tint specs off :lol:

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Rose tinted specs on - Ole is shit.

rose tinted specs off -in the last week we’ve scored eight, three wins including beating the champions of England and the CL finalists.

is that how it works?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Oh dear..............thank god I didnt take my rose tint specs off :lol:
Oh dear, what? Have we not had problems all season against low block teams? First half was the same. The second half we look better of course but the first half was a garbage game of football just like like a lot games this season. Let's see when we play Everton Burnley et al and come back to this conversation.

Also, at half time I was told the team wasn't good enough so what is it now then?

Paxi

Rose tinted specs on - Ole is shit.

rose tinted specs off -in the last week we’ve scored eight, three wins including beating the champions of England and the CL finalists.

is that how it works?
You can hardly talk; - you're biggest wum on this this forum and one cannot take your posts seriously after every you having a meltdown everytime Jose didn't get something 100% spot on. You're the defenition of an agenda fan.

Jog on.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
You can hardly talk; - you're biggest wum on this this forum and one cannot take your posts seriously after every you having a meltdown everytime Jose didn't get something 100% spot on. You're the defenition of an agenda fan.

Jog on.
:lol:

need to change the last xi in your name to a d.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Fair play he is getting better results and performances this past month. Still skeptical about him but hes had a decent month or so

Not too happy about Sheffield United and Villa but lets see how he gets on

el3mel

3 games coming straight from heaven. Big, big credit for him. We're in a magnificent form at the moment.

Hopefully a good win against Everton will prove we might have finally turned the table on this season.

Zen86

Oh dear, what? Have we not had problems all season against low block teams? First half was the same. The second half we look better of course but the first half was a garbage game of football just like like a lot games this season. Let's see when we play Everton Burnley et al and come back to this conversation.

Also, at half time I was told the team wasn't good enough so what is it now then?
I’m sure you’ll be eagerly waiting for the next time we lose :wenger:

Flexdegea

Judging by your reaction here you be buzzing when we lose so you can say told you so.

Make shift team, poor first half but turned it around 2nd half and scored 4 goals.

Honestly what more do you want in a europa game with a team that's not even close to our best.

Job well done. Is every game we play after a win pretty much the big TEST until we draw or lose then repeat :houllier:

Paxi

I’m sure you’ll be eagerly waiting for the next time we lose :wenger:
No not really. See my posts post City game. I'm glad were doing well but I still have concerns about breaking down smaller teams. Just see our results against small teams vs top 6, it's a much more valid arguement rather than chalking it down to not having the players.

simmee

Jog on.
Lovely to see a "fan" having a meltdown over Utd winning a game 4-0.

Jog on.

Zen86

No not really. See my posts post City game. I'm glad were doing well but I still have concerns about breaking down smaller teams. Just see our results against small teams vs top 6, it's a much more valid arguement rather than chalking it down to not having the players.
Do yourself a favour - sit back and enjoy it. If it all comes crashing down by the end of the season, then so be it.

Mike Smalling

Everton is a really big game. We need to be able to build on this momentum and get the 3 points against the weaker sides as well. In many ways, this could be Oles first real test.

Paxi

Judging by your reaction here you be buzzing when we lose so you can say told you so.

Make shift team, poor first half but turned it around 2nd half and scored 4 goals.

Honestly what more do you want in a europa game with a team that's not even close to our best.

Job well done. Is every game we play after a win pretty much the big TEST until we draw or lose then repeat :houllier:
I've never been even remotely close to ecstatic to seeing United lose. What I don't like is when our fan base fail to acknowledge that we've some tactical issues. Instead they just blame it on the squad. Funny enough, this second string squad did quite well second half. When we play well, I'll be first one to say, when we play like shit which we did in the first half, I'll be one the first ones to say.

alexthelion

The team really isn't good enough, there's a complete lack of creativity in the midfield, especially against PL teams, which is absolutely necessary to break down deep lying defences.

So, yes, it is on the players, because apart from Pogba, we just don't have anyone creative enough.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I've never been even remotely close to ecstatic to seeing United lose. What I don't like is when our fan base fail to acknowledge that we've some tactical issues. Instead they just blame it on the squad. Funny enough, this second string squad did quite well second half. When we play well, I'll be first one to say, when we play like shit which we did in the first half, I'll be one the first ones to say.
We had a poor half. It happens to every team. It's like you're waiting for it to happen so you can type another rage post.

Paxi

We had a poor half. It happens to every team. It's like you're waiting for it to happen so you can type another rage post.
Well I had nothing but good things to say post City and Spurs. Credit where credit it due. By the same token, I'll criticise Ole for what I believe is a lack of ability to break smaller teams down as we've seen many times this season. Anyway, we'll see over next few games. All the games we should win.

simmee

We had issues with their press in the first half, in the 2nd half Ole and the coaching straff moved Mata further down in midfield and we started to press better. That's why we have a manager and coaches, is it not? Struggle to see the issue with that, especially since we won 4-0...

Paxi

Well that's the thing. People won't mention when he does something good tactically, but are quick to spot his mistakes.
Well I do give him credit. We look absolutely fantastic on counter attack and possibly as best as I've seen us on the counter.

I think this is exactly what happens when we play the top 6. They come out to play, and we absolutely devastate them with our blistering pace. Credit where where credit is due. We look fantastic in counter attacks when we sit deep. And only when. Teams that let us have the ball, ultimately bewilder us. We find it hard to break them down, we don't show any attacking nous or any kind or cohesive football you'd expect us to play. Other than the top 6, teams are more than happy sitting deep and settling for a draw, and maybe picking us off. So, this is where I'd like to see improvement. Never had any qualms about us playing top teams. Problem is the are only about 10-12 games a season where we get to sit deep and play on the counter and use our pace to devastating effect. We play teams that sit deep, Rashford and James have stinkers as they're reduced to running into blind alleys.

SteveW

Seems that way.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Well I had nothing but good things to say post City and Spurs. Credit where credit it due. By the same token, I'll criticise Ole for what I believe is a lack of ability to break smaller teams down as we've seen many times this season. Anyway, we'll see over next few games. All the games we should win.
Well let's have a look at that then? In the last 11 matches

3 vs Norwich
3 vs Partizan
3 vs Brighton
3 vs Sheff Utd
2 vs Villa
4 vs AZ tonight

The other five?

Bad defeat at Bournemouth. An irrelevant defeat at Astana. Oh and wins over Chelsea, City (both away) and Spurs, scoring two in all of those.

Is this not enough for you to concede that perhaps you're over-reacting slightly, or simply just looking for negatives?

Paul_Scholes18

We look really good in spells. Second half tonight was a joy to watch. Although it would be great to see us perform well for a full game.

Paxi

3 vs Norwich
3 vs Partizan
3 vs Brighton
3 vs Sheff Utd
2 vs Villa
4 vs AZ tonight

The other five?

Bad defeat at Bournemouth. An irrelevant defeat at Astana. Oh and wins over Chelsea, City (both away) and Spurs, scoring two in all of those.

Is this not enough for you to concede that perhaps you're over-reacting slightly, or simply just looking for negatives?
Let's look over a whole season? Also there is plenty of positives in those games you mentioned as well as negatives. We were shocking against Sheffield bar 15 minutes. We were fairly shite against Villa. Both game we drew. We've also got beaten at Newcastle, so that's 3 newly promoted teams taking points of us. Maybe I'm just being concerned where appropriate?

Anyway, as I said post City, I'm happy to be seeing progress, and I want to see what happens during the next 8 games. All winnable.

Ban

You can't enjoy a nice win?

ReddBalls

Let's look over a whole season? Also there is plenty of positives in those games you mentioned as well as negatives. We were Shocking against Sheffield bar 15 minutes. We fairly shite against Villa. Both game we drew. We've also got beaten at Newcastle, so that's 3 newly promoted teams taking points of us. Maybe I'm just being concerned where appropriate?
Little early to look over a whole season, don't you think? We're still in December.

Tel074

Let's look over a whole season? Also there is plenty of positives in those games you mentioned as well as negatives. We were Shocking against Sheffield bar 15 minutes. We fairly shite against Villa. Both game we drew. We've also got beaten at Newcastle, so that's 3 newly promoted teams taking points of us. Maybe I'm just being concerned where appropriate?
Don't be concerned mate just relax realise we are building something decent for once and enjoy the ride . I don't know if Ole will be our manager in a year's time but I do know the next manager after him will have a whole lot easier job than he had when he took the job

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg

3 vs Norwich
3 vs Partizan
3 vs Brighton
3 vs Sheff Utd
2 vs Villa
4 vs AZ tonight

The other five?

Kill confirmed :D

Status
Not open for further replies.