Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolff

I really like Ole, he has a great demeanor, attitude and personality. I'm saddened to see him under so much pressure, scrutiny and criticism. I'm convinced if he had taken over immediately after SAF his reign and United's results would have been a lot better.
I wouldnt worry to much about it. Clear as day many who are trying. But football Is science. Not to many scientists here..

Mainoldo

Yes.. okay how about Sarri?

So in your eyes, what is a manager with pedigree?

Yes, because they didn't have one of the best squads at the time. Ole has the 4-6th best club in this country, let alone in Europe.
I don’t care what hand he’s been dealt. The whole point of being a good manager is how you manage. You think Poch is out here moaning because he started of with Espanyol or Klopp because he started of with Metz instead of number 1 club Bayern.

That’s not how football works. Stop making excuses. Your either good or your not.

romufc

I don’t care what hand he’s been dealt. The whole point of being a good manager is how you manage. You think Poch is out here moaning because he started of with Espanyol or Klopp because he started of with Metz instead of number 1 club Bayern.

That’s not how football works. Stop making excuses. Your either good or your not.
So Poch is a manager with Pedigree?

Poch at Espanyol - Game 160 Won 53 Drew 38 Lost 69
Poch at Southampton - Games 60 Won 23 Drew 18 Lost 19

Klopp at Menz - Games 269 Won 111 Drew 72 Lost 86

Ole At Cardiff for 30 games.

So you want to compare a manager who got 30 games to one who had 160 and 269

Ok so you are either good or not? Jose was good, LGV was good.

How does Poch have pedigree when he has won nothing?

Mainoldo

So Poch is a manager with Pedigree?

Poch at Espanyol - Game 160 Won 53 Drew 38 Lost 69
Poch at Southampton - Games 60 Won 23 Drew 18 Lost 19

Klopp at Menz - Games 269 Won 111 Drew 72 Lost 86

Ole At Cardiff for 30 games.

So you want to compare a manager who got 30 games to one who had 160 and 269

Ok so you are either good or not? Jose was good, LGV was good.

How does Poch have pedigree when he has won nothing?
Yes mate that’s why it’s called pedigree. Experience is included. But did Ole not manage Molde? You’ve written that like he’s had 30 games of management experience?

LVG was past it. His last big job was Bayern 4-5 years before he got the United job.

Jose is Jose. If it wasn’t for Pep we would have scrapped an ugly league title like he did with Chelsea. After that he done what he usual does exploded. His tactics was also over the hill.

Want to actually expand on your points or just analyse situations as fixed externals?

romufc

Yes mate that’s why it’s called pedigree. Experience is included. But did Ole not manage Molde? You’ve written that like he’s had 30 games of management experience?

LVG was past it. His last big job was Bayern 4-5 years before he got the United job.

Jose is Jose. If it wasn’t for Pep we would have scrapped an ugly league title like he did with Chelsea. After that he done what he usual does exploded. His tactics was also over the hill.

Want to actually expand on your points or just analyse situations as fixed externals?
SO experience is Pedigree? so Ole has Pedigree? Is that what you are saying? I am confused now.

LVG was past it.. yeah he done rather well with that Netherlands squad in the world cup.

Ok so now his tactics are over the hill so he doesn't have the pedigree?

I am actually confused now who you are saying has pedigree and who doesn't?

So instead of Ole, who would you have liked to have seen? Please don't come out with pep, Klopp, Poch because they are unattainable managers.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
SO experience is Pedigree? so Ole has Pedigree? Is that what you are saying? I am confused now.

LVG was past it.. yeah he done rather well with that Netherlands squad in the world cup.

So instead of Ole, who would you have liked to have seen? Please don't come out with pep, Klopp, Poch because they are unattainable managers.
He was attainable at the time, but not sure it would have worked under our current regime. There would have been far too many people interfering, especially ex-players giving their two pennies worth every five minutes.

romufc

He was attainable at the time, but not sure it would have worked under our current regime. There would have been far too many people interfering, especially ex-players giving their two pennies worth every five minutes.
In December Klopp was attainable?

I agree when Klopp was appointed for Liverpool he was attainable but that was 4 years ago.

If ever Poch becomes attainable, we need to sack who we have and get him in.

DomesticTadpole

In December Klopp was attainable?

I agree when Klopp was appointed for Liverpool he was attainable but that was 4 years ago.

If ever Poch becomes attainable, we need to sack who we have and get him in.
Sorry I misunderstood. I meant going back, not now. We blew it back then and even if we had got him I am not sure it would have been the atmosphere for him to work well. Don't think there was the pressure connected with the Liverpool job then, now there is. He has raised their expectations. There is always unbelievable pressure with the United job.

romufc

Sorry I misunderstood. I meant going back, not now. We blew it back then and even if we had got him I am not sure it would have been the atmosphere for him to work well. Don't think there was the pressure connected with the Liverpool job then, now there is. He has raised their expectations. There is always unbelievable pressure with the United job.
I agree he would have done well. There is unbelievable pressure yes, but it is fan pressure now compared to board pressure.

The pressures are no different to the Chelsea job or Real Madrid job tbh where you can win the league and get sacked.

rotherham_red

Ignore him mate, I had a similar experience with him last week and eventually concluded the man has little to no grasp of the English language or even basic reading comprehension - certainly not to the extent required to have a simple debate on an internet forum...

Enigma_87

You know who
I agree he would have done well. There is unbelievable pressure yes, but it is fan pressure now compared to board pressure.

The pressures are no different to the Chelsea job or Real Madrid job tbh where you can win the league and get sacked.
Agreed.

He would've done better job than any of our top choices and who we hired during that time. Obviously ifs and buts but can't see Klopp doing a worse job here if we made the move 4 years ago.

Mainoldo

Well pedigree is a noun so it depends how you want to use it. Does he have pedigree of management yes. Does he have pedigree of being a successful manager No. My point is he’s not good enough.

LVG - was a man with a clear philosophy it was just too defensive with no cutting edge.

Will Jose win another league title in then Prem with his management and tactics? You can answer that.

Pochettino that’s who u would have liked to have seen and who should have got the job.

Champagne Football

Ole is the right man for the rebuild. Since Fergie retired, We've had a manager who tried to turn us into Wimbledon of the 1980's, another who tried to turn us into the All Black's with some bizarre Flintstones sideways passing philosophy, and another who desperately tried to get himself fired, so he can have a better retirement in Monte Carlo, by spending Galactico amounts on Glasgow Celtic level players.

What we've been left with is a nuclear fallout site. The rebuild is too big to attract a Pochettino. But if we're finishing 4th or 5th in 2 years with a team full of wonder kids that play attractive football like Sancho, James, Longstaff, Garner, Greenwood and Ole can't take the club any further, then a Pochettino or a Marco Rose or whoever will look at that as a very attractive proposition.

DomesticTadpole

Agreed.

He would've done better job than any of our top choices and who we hired during that time. Obviously ifs and buts but can't see Klopp doing a worse job here if we made the move 4 years ago.
He would have done if we as a club had backed him and not gone all starstruck with our signings. He has made some very astute signings there. The way Ed tried to sell the club to him didn't work.

romufc

Ignore him mate, I had a similar experience with him last week and eventually concluded the man has little to no grasp of the English language or even basic reading comprehension - certainly not to the extent required to have a simple debate on an internet forum...
Yeah, keeps going round in circles.

romufc

Agreed.

Exactly, and I think this because Klopp has traits that not many managers have:

1. He can potential transfers, added with wages we pay he would have got better players in.
2. He has a history of making average players better. He done it at Dortmund and now Liverpool

That in itself would have got us top 4, if he got every player in our squad to give 10% more.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Next 3 epl games will decide his fate. I don't expect more than 3 points from 3 games and he will be under huge pressure going to October. Mostly , Woody will call the shot after the Liverpool game.

fergiesarmy1

Next 3 epl games will decide his fate. I don't expect more than 3 points from 3 games and he will be under huge pressure going to October. Mostly , Woody will call the shot after the Liverpool game.
Woody should be offering his own resignation if he does, he jumped the gun (probably couldnt resist the opportunity of a cheap salary for Ole in comparison to trying to get Poch out of Spurs)

5 failed managers in 6 years.......the buck has to stop with him at that point.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Woody should be offering his own resignation if he does, he jumped the gun (probably couldnt resist the opportunity of a cheap salary for Ole in comparison to trying to get Poch out of Spurs)

Ifs and buts. Reality is the manager will be sacked if the results are bad and rightly so.

And I dont blame Ed as lot of people does here. Sure he has his fair share of mistakes but he has backed all those managers until now.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It's our worst start to a PL campaign in decades...
ManUtd 2004-05:
Played - 4
Win - 1
Loss - 1
Draw - 2
GF/GA: 3/3

ManUtd 2007-08:
Played - 4
Win - 1
Loss - 1
Draw - 2
GF/GA: 2/2

ManUtd 2008-09:
Played - 4
Win - 1
Loss - 1
Draw - 2
GF/GA: 4/4

ManUtd 2014-15:
Played - 4
Win - 1
Loss - 1
Draw - 2
GF/GA: 6/3

So this wasn't even the worst start since SAF retired.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
ManUtd 2004-05:
Played - 4
Win - 1
Loss - 1
Draw - 2
GF/GA: 3/3

ManUtd 2007-08:
Played - 4
Win - 1
Loss - 1
Draw - 2
GF/GA: 2/2

ManUtd 2008-09:
Played - 4
Win - 1
Loss - 1
Draw - 2
GF/GA: 4/4

ManUtd 2014-15:
Played - 4
Win - 1
Loss - 1
Draw - 2
GF/GA: 6/3

So this wasn't even the worst start since SAF retired.
So that's 'equal worst' then...?

fergiesarmy1

Ifs and buts. Reality is the manager will be sacked if the results are bad and rightly so.

And I dont blame Ed as lot of people does here. Sure he has his fair share of mistakes but he has backed all those managers until now.
Not sure how you can trust Woody to get it right at the fifth (:D) attempt but we shall see.

Last edited:

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

Five? :confused:

roonster09

Scout
Out of interest, since you're so hot on the stats, what results would we need from the next few matches to avoid the 'worst start in decades' stat?
Depends when you check the stats, whether it's after next game or after next 6 games.

roonster09

Scout
No worries mate, you just seemed so forth coming with your many stats that I thought it was something you enjoyed doing...

I guess if the next few results end up breaking records I'll probably hear about it anyway.
I would suggest to double check before believing all the troll accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.