Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
If these new reports are to be believed then I think we are stuck with him, for the foreseeable future. I go to 5-6 games every year and no way will the old Trafford crowd turn against ole. If the board are also backing him then there is no way out, apart from maybe the threat of relegation, which I don’t think will happen.

I want him to succeed I really do, but it’s just not going to happen, he shouldn’t have been given the job in the first place. Even when we was on the winning run I still didn’t want him to get the job.

Wtf our board are smoking by backing him I’ll never know, he hasn’t shown an inch of progress since last season, we are actually worse off, yet the board supposedly are backing him for the long term. What is it that the board are seeing that every other man and his dog can’t see
At some point you as a fanbase may need to take some control like Arsenal fans did it with Wenger. I personally believe he'd still be there today if they didn't.

If the board are as happy to stick by him as it seems, the only way you'd get him out is to vote with your feet, get attendances down and protest, I know it's not nice to do that to a club legend but between that and what you'd likely get by keeping Ole it's a no contest surely?

Greck

Knew he wasn't going anywhere when I saw Ed with Sir Alex. He probably hovers around him like a fly around shite seeking his approval. SAF will be telling him Ole is doing a great job

romufc

Supposedly the biggest club in England but run like the smallest club in football.

The manager speaks about a good game and improvement after drawing 2-2 with Aston Villa being played off the park making Grealish look unplayable

The Boards making promises then a year later saying it is not possible to sign 5/6 players.

The players getting paid the biggest money to now show any desire come matchday.

The club is a joke.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
"The board has to give him 3-4 more transfer windows" - G Neville, Scholes

"Players are letting the team down, not the manager. Ole is the right man for Manchester United" - Fletcher

:nervous:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

"Players are letting the team down, not the manager. Ole is the right man for Manchester United" - Fletcher

But Ole had the summer to take out the toxic players. So what is it? Thought Gary Neville said he likes the players he sees today.

Judas

Open to offers

This was bound to happen when you hire one of your own. Brilliant when it goes well, but when it doesn't, yikes, shit show.

Alabaster Codify7

Well, there's a briefing so fasten your seatbelts boys - we are finishing around 15th this season.

And in January, goodbye Pogba. In summer, hello Sean Longstaff and 1-2 Championship prospects.

Next season? Relegation battle until sense prevails 18months too late.

Irwin99

How? They're fighting tooth and nail in games. If they're giving their all and they're not good enough then surely that's on the manager, or more accurately, and the board for continuely renewing their contracts and leaving massive gaps in the squad.

Sterling Archer

This is why hiring someone outside the club isn't as bad as we think, even though he's got history with a rival (ie Rodgers). He's going to be more professional and unburdened by loyalty to friends than this lot. Nepotism can be an awful awful thing.

Pure nonsense, the players are trying! James, Fred, Pereira, Maguire, Lindeolf, Rashford etc are all trying. But they look clueless because there's no system in place. Our results are not from the lack of trying more a lack of tactial flexibility imo.

Judas

Open to offers
Pure nonsense, the players are trying! James, Fred, Pereira, Maguire, Lindeolf, Rashford etc are all trying. But they look clueless because there's no system in place. Our results are not from the lack of trying more a lack of tactial flexibility imo.
No system, and some of them just aren't that good. It's a bad combination.

Greck

This is why hiring someone outside the club isn't as bad as we think, even though he's got history with a rival (ie Rodgers). He's going to be more professional and unburdened by loyalty to friends than this lot. Nepotism can be an awful awful thing.
Yep Ed knowing nothing about football is now surrounded by people who have an emotional interest in seeing Ole succeed and feeding him the myth that Ole is doing a great job. What does he know? He'll go along with it

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
How? They're fighting tooth and nail in games. If they're giving their all and they're not good enough then surely that's on the manager, or more accurately, and the board for continuely renewing their contracts and leaving massive gaps in the squad.
That's the saddest part for me, the players generally seem to give everything they have, it's just not enough.

Maybe the club's just gambling on form dramatically improving when Pogba and McTominay come back into the fold, which would be fine if they were invulnerable to injuries, which they aren't.

hobbers

Obviously getting all the positive vibes out they can before Mourinho comes and rubs our faces in the mud, and then Pep comes and takes a dump on our corpse.

And then Everton's new manager turns us over and hey presto, we're 14th in the league at New Years.

Irwin99

That's the saddest part for me, the players generally seem to give everything they have, it's just not enough.

Maybe the club's just gambling on form dramatically improving when Pogba and McTominay come back into the fold, which would be fine if they were invulnerable to injuries, which they aren't.
Problem with that is, although Pogba and McTominay are our best midfielders, a lot of people were complaining about how poor the duo were in a 4-2-3-1 in the first four or five games of the season they played together (which i think we only got 4 points from our first four games with those two starting). When they come back I hope Ole keeps Fred in the team. He's seriously got to change something. Having Pogba and McTominay back will help a lot but it won't save the season alone or save his job.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Problem with that is, although Pogba and McTominay are our best midfielders, a lot of people were complaining about how poor the duo were in a 4-2-3-1 in the first four or five games of the season they played together (which i think we only got 4 points from our first four games with those two starting). When they come back I hope Ole keeps Fred in the team. He's seriously got to change something. Having Pogba and McTominay back will help a lot but it won't save the season alone or save his job.
I agree, Fred and McTominay were doing fine as a duo, I don't think Fred's class or anything like that but he's been decent recently and was even better next to McTominay. Theoretically putting Pogba in front of them could work just fine where Pereira/Mata is currently playing. Pogba and McTominay as a duo was a bit of a disaster, having him so deep neutered Pogba's creativity, and with no decent AM in front of them basically made the whole attack redundant.

Robbie Boy

Supposedly the biggest club in England but run like the smallest club in football.

The manager speaks about a good game and improvement after drawing 2-2 with Aston Villa being played off the park making Grealish look unplayable

The Boards making promises then a year later saying it is not possible to sign 5/6 players.

The players getting paid the biggest money to now show any desire come matchday.

The club is a joke.
The same Grealieh who is regularly ineffective and gets marked out of games by far lesser sides.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Obviously getting all the positive vibes out they can before Mourinho comes and rubs our faces in the mud, and then Pep comes and takes a dump on our corpse.

And then Everton's new manager turns us over and hey presto, we're 14th in the league at New Years.
If that happens we could be only just floating above the bottom 3, not 14th.

ash_86

Agree it has got to be Pogba - Scott- Fred midfield. Would be a interesting game against city if we play that.

romufc

The same Grealieh who is regularly ineffective and gets marked out of games by far lesser sides.
Yes, and he was running things at Old Trafford.

He might be a good player but imagine what players who are actually very good players will do to us.

I feel sorry for our fans, I was at the game yesterday and we it was embarassing how we got cut apart at will.

FujiVice

A better manager would have gotten the current Sunderland side more than 6 wins out of 23 in the Premier League. Look, the board is shite. Our recruitment is the pits and the squad is far from perfect. But there's still 11 players capable of winning more than 6 games since March at this club. Solksjaer happens to be a piss poor coach with a relegation under his belt. He's massively under qualified for this job.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I don’t care how many transfer windows we need to make anyone feel more validated, or how much we love Ole because of sentiment. As a coach - a manager... a trainer - some form of direction and influence to your players - you can’t seriously fail to coach an attacking plan.
Ffs - if you can’t convince your strikers to act like strikers what is even the point of attacking? Intelligent striker movement kickstarts the whole engine in attack. Ronaldo has won trophies because he figured that out a few years ago. Show them urgency and intelligent movement upfront and the midfield will be motivated to attack too - all of a sudden you have opponents scared shitless. Instead we have strikers that make Mings look like Maldini

Unacceptable at any level

Greck

I don’t care how many transfer windows we need to make anyone feel more validated, or how much we love Ole because of sentiment. As a coach - a manager... a trainer - some form of direction and influence to your players - you can’t seriously fail to coach an attacking plan.
Ffs - if you can’t convince your strikers to act like strikers what is even the point of attacking? Intelligent striker movement kickstarts the whole engine in attack. Ronaldo has won trophies because he figured that out a few years ago. Show them urgency and intelligent movement upfront and the midfield will be motivated to attack too - all of a sudden you have opponents scared shitless. Instead we have strikers that make Mings look like Maldini

If it was 3 clips of Martial not busting his gut to get in the box I would have said it was laziness. It's 3 different instances of players not knowing whether to pull off or run off the last defender. This stuff should be ironed out in training. Lukaku is more seasoned as a striker and even he wasn't benefiting from these. It goes deeper than personnel. There's a huge lack of attention to tactical detail with our coaching team

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Ffs - if you can’t convince your strikers to act like strikers what is even the point of attacking? Intelligent striker movement kickstarts the whole engine in attack. Ronaldo has won trophies because he figured that out a few years ago. Show them urgency and intelligent movement upfront and the midfield will be motivated to attack too - all of a sudden you have opponents scared shitless.

If it was 3 clips of Martial not busting his gut to get in the box I would have said it was laziness. It's 3 different instances of players not knowing whether to pull off or run off the last defender. This stuff should be ironed out in training. Lukaku is more seasoned as a striker and even he wasn't benefiting from these. It goes deeper than personnel. There's a huge lack of attention to tactical detail with our coaching team
Absolutely. It’s one of the most simple attacking scripts of football: If the striker drops deep to pick up the ball and pass it to a winger - then the striker (Tony), other winger (Rash) and #10 (Jesse) bust a lung to take up different spots in the box as the winger puts a ball in. The CMs will pick up the ball if those 4 players fail to score and it gets booted out. Then you recycle and do the same thing again. You pin them in. You make them scared to attack. It’s really basic stuff that even Sunday league teams talk about.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I don't see it.

What's lead you to believe that?
The netspend in the last two summer windows considering we needed significant upgrades in numerous positions, retaing deadwood players who are clearly past it and neglecting the midfield and attack where it resembles a midfield from the championship. And currently briefing in support of a manager who has us closer to relegation than winning the league. The owners are also in bed with the Saudis with Richard Arnold making numerous trips to the country where he is invited to the ministers house and lavished with hospitality and very expensive gifts. It's no secret the Saudi's want to get into football to rival the likes of UAE and Qatar according to various journos at home and abroad. The Glazers will eventually sell and the Saudi's will be a potentially fantastic buyer for the Glazers due to the untold wealth they have. So both parties being on excellent terms opens up a very real possibility. And the current malaise at the club where we seem to be on a steep downward spiral without a seemingly longterm plan gives credence to the Glazers cashing in IMO.

TsuWave

The amount of people that I see saying stuff like “can’t see anyone sorting out this mess” as if Ole was a high caliber managerial appointment or something.

We are doing pretty bad with a horrible work experience manager and that’s used as justification for us not to get a better candidate in? Wtf :confused:

Fosu-Mens

The netspend in the last two summer windows considering we needed significant upgrades in numerous positions, retaing deadwood players who are clearly past it and neglecting the midfield and attack where it resembles a midfield from the championship. And currently briefing in support of a manager who has us closer to relegation than winning the league. The owners are also in bed with the Saudis with Richard Arnold making numerous trips to the country where he is invited to the ministers house and lavished with hospitality and very expensive gifts. It's no secret the Saudi's want to get into football to rival the likes of UAE and Qatar according to various journos at home and abroad. The Glazers will eventually sell and the Saudi's will be a potentially fantastic buyer for the Glazers due to the untold wealth they have. So both parties being on excellent terms opens up a very real possibility. And the current malaise at the club where we seem to be on a steep downward spiral without a seemingly longterm plan gives credence to the Glazers cashing in IMO.
And our current sh*t predicament will make the average fan more suceptible to a House of Saud ownership.

Kostur

海尔的老板

This is something I've been pointing out for months now. It defies belief how a clinical striker like Ole cannot teach/order/coach our attackers to attack a front post. If it's not on him that means that they are that fecking stupid and we should definitely get rid of them. It's either or. Nearly a fecking year now and they still cannot get basics right.

MacabbiUnited

Supports
Maccabi Tel Aviv - Israel
Unpopular opinion : I prefer Mourihno's toxic football 55% winning rate .
Id rather get relegated than having a coach diminish the club I love for his own sake, but maybe I'm a weird one. Or maybe I just dont have the right FOOTBALL HERITAGE Jose is looking for

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I did say at the end of last season that before we can improve, we have to arrest the decline. And that we have yet to do. And unless that happens pretty quick then we could be in trouble.
I am not saying that we will be relegated but we will be looking down and not up.
Our form apart from Ole initial good run is shocking with no obvious improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.