Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I'll just go on and say it, he just might be the worst UTD manager I've seen during my time.
Oh, 100%. We've been beyond awful since his third game in charge. No direction, no style of play, no consistency. Asbolutely nothing. But people still believe we have a bright future under him or that hes building something. Hes set us backwards more than any of our previous clown managers.

el3mel

In one way it's a good thing this loss came this week. Still 5th and we're barely affected thanks to the results of other teams surrounding us.

Today was poor though. Not sure where was the problem. We looked way way off the pace, even during second half we were very slow moving the ball around. We couldn't threaten Arsenal defense at all and they looked pretty comfortable which is kinda bad.

Though the last 2 results were good and as I said this loss isn't hurting much so I won't panic or moan today. Still 5 points close to 4th which is decent.

One thing though and for sure this should be the last time for Ole to ever start Lingard and Shaw in a meaningful games. They're done. Williams should be our main LB for the rest of the season with Young as a backup option. Shaw should be 3rd option at best, as for Lingard, Periera or Mata with all their problems can at least pass the correctly ffs.

UDontMessWith24

He’s pushing for fourth with the worst United squad in recent memory

without our best player

playing kids

get a feckin grip., this isn’t fifa.

Name an alternative? One that won’t put us back to square one
How about you get a clue? He has no influence on the players. They lack composure and confidence, they’re liable to fall apart mentally as soon as something goes wrong and 9 times out of 10 there’s absolutely nothing he can do to bring them back. I’m glad you mentioned this isn’t FIFA, because the intangible ability to lead, motivate, compose and inspire is at the end of the day is what managers are required to do, and he can’t do that on a consistent basis. How do you suggest that changes with better players? He is not qualified to do the job he’s required to do, not because the players aren’t good enough, and not even because he’s tactically inept, which he actually isn’t. He’s not a leader, he’s a generally nice bloke with a high football IQ. Send him back to Molde ASAP.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Any mid-table side can pull a few upsets off over the course of a season... I keep hearing that it's a process & that we're 'progressing'... people actually believe we're progressing? He's been here a full year now and today's performance would see heads rolling at a Sunday league standard.

As long as Solskjaer is here, we will compete for nothing. Nice guy, but shouldn't be anywhere near us if we were ran properly.

To think, Man Utd have had Molde's manager for over a year now, just shows how far we have fallen. Shameful.

Mal donaghy

When is enough , enough!!??!! The ineptitude at our club is soul destroying! HOW do you KEEP A JOB you are unable to do ?? He can manage manchester united, no more than I could maintain a nuclear powerplant , or fly a stealth bomber ! There IS NO CLEARER ANALOGY than this.

Castia

He’ll come out now and say it’s not good enough and mention something about the future and we’ll just carry on with this mediocre bullshit for the foreseeable future like everything is under control.

In what world has he proven to be the man to build a squad? the club is absolutely fecked and we’re going to get a lot worse before we get better.

Literally worse than David Moyes and I didnt think that was possible. Sack him.

Last edited:

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Post match thread will likely be filled with posts like "the players don't care". Fully ignoring that this guy started with Shaw, Lingard and James, and how badly coached this team still is.
Hahah, I keep seeing comments talking about how the players like him and they're all happy and positive. No shit they love him, he doesn't expect anything from them or hold them accountable for their crap performances!

MDFC Manager

Awful team selection aside, he showed nothing that suggested he had half a clue to turn the game around. No wonder the players also looked utterly clueless at the end.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Too many games are exactly the same, where we play in exactly the same ineffective way and make exactly the same mistakes. That, for me, is why we should be moving on from Ole.

This situation isn't only his fault, and our issues don't go away with another manager, but failure to get the best out of what you have, and failure to see and make improvements show an absolute failing as a coach.

GenZRed

Ole out. Get a progressive manager in. Arteta has been at Arsenal one week and they look too 4 material already. Ole been here a year and we look clueless, absolutely clueless. Heck even Moyes at West Ham today looked better than us.

I'm not sure about Poch. I get the feeling he has had enough of managing in England but if he can get us playing the way he did under Spurs for the first three seasons he was there I would support him. We also need serious investment. We are one midfielder down (Fred) from having no functional midfielders. Ones that won't pull a sickie anyway.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Again messed up with starting lineup. Again allowed that players start the game without desire. Again without any gameplan. All that goes in manager's job duty.
But when i say that tea lady on the bench would beat mighty Newcastle and Norwich at OT then i am the hater.
When we beat that dross then it is a sign how he does great job, rebuilding and shit like that.

Only good thing today is that he is so clueless so he said that he doesn't need new players. So he will not waste money at least.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
When the fans know about your team, you know you fecked up. The players he brought in have not set the world alight either.

He talked about fixing the defence and spent huge amount of money but it looks worse. He talks about fitness and hyped it up, but the players look as fit as they were under Jose.

He can't influence games, just sits there and talks to his coaches, while sticking and picking he players he likes over players in form.

He couldn't even convince a player who used to play for him to sign for us, I have no idea why fans think he will bring in the players we need. Ole as a manager has no pull, he's no Pep or Klopp and the club won't spend the money to overlook it.

But yeah, give him time! It will turn out right, just needs years and no signs of improvement!

SAFMUTD

He’s the most incompetent manager we’ve had, and this is not overreacting even worse than Moyes.

When he’s finally fired from this job we won't see him again in the premier league nor any top league, thats how limited he is, the fact that we persist with him is just frustrating to say the least.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's the fact that Ole seems to have no plan at all. We can't break teams down who don't make mistakes and reply heavily on individual brilliance.

el3mel

For now I think he should try to put some pressure on Ed to get us at least a midfielder. With Pogba mysteriously out for "few weeks" and Scott for a long, we're totally fecked there.

3KDré

He’s clueless. He’s been here a year and just like under Mourinho I see no style of play.
We were told that we were learning to press the opponents during pre season yet we only ever seem to thst when we are losing. The way we press is also absurd because on the rare occasion the forwards and the midfield press high up the defence stay behind leaving a huge gap between the defence and midfield. Really smart.

El Jefe

Today I blame the players more than Ole but invariably it all falls on Ole because of his horrendous decision making in the summer.

• He had intentions of playing with a No.10 but didn't sign one leaving him with Pereira, Mata and Lingard. None of them are good enough and severely affect our creativity
  • Didn't replace Lukaku with another striker. He was happy for Greenwood to take this spot. While Mason has been good, he is not ready to be our first option when chasing a goal.
  • Failed to replace either of Herrera or Fellaini
  • Sanctioned giving DDG a bumper new deal despite his form for the last year showing he was over the hill
I agree Ole was limited with his options today because some of our players were/are absolute shite but he was happy to come into the season with this squad. Even if he wasn't you'd have to say the spending of the limited resources he had was terrible.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Today I blame the players more than Ole but invariably it all falls on Ole because of his horrendous decision making in the summer.

• He had intentions of playing with a No.10 but didn't sign one leaving him with Pereira, Mata and Lingard. None of them are good enough and severely affect our creativity
  • Didn't replace Lukaku with another striker. He was happy for Greenwood to take this spot. While Mason has been good, he is not ready to be our first option when chasing a goal.
  • Failed to replace either of Herrera or Fellaini
  • Sanctioned giving DDG a bumper new deal despite his form for the last year showing he was over the hill
I agree Ole was limited with his options today because some of our players were/are absolute shite but he was happy to come into the season with this squad. Even if he wasn't you'd have to say the spending of the limited resources he had was terrible.
Nah mate today was purely Ole.

Greenwood over James.

Pereira over Lingard.

Williams over Shaw.

If we lose then we blame the players - how anyone can not see that is beyond me, our better players were on the subs bench.

We couldn't attack the first half so we ended up defending instead. Let in two goals and tried to attack afterwards.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
For now I think he should try to put some pressure on Ed to get us at least a midfielder. With Pogba mysteriously out for "few weeks" and Scott for a long, we're totally fecked there.
You trust him with identifying the right player? We've gave him £150 million and he wasted most of it.

King Andow

Moronic decision starting Shaw and Lingard, no subs at HT after that shitshow, didn't took Shaw off for Williams, completely dependent on individual brilliance. Has to go.

redshaw

Really lost me when he started Lingard after what Pereira has done recently and what Lingard hasn't done in over a year.

Would've had Williams starting as well but this might've only gave us a better chance at holding them at the start. I don't think Ole and his staff can really get this team to be on it each game.

Roboc7

Playing like Molde and having outdated thinking isn’t a plan we should be persisting with for three years. That with better players is all we are heading towards, nothing else.

Jonno

Really lost me when he started Lingard after what Pereira has done recently and what Lingard hasn't done in over a year.

Would've had Williams starting as well but this might've only gave us a better chance at holding them at the start. I don't think Ole and his staff can really get this team to be on it each game.
Every team in the PL rotated for each game, including us.

el3mel

You trust him with identifying the right player? We've gave him £150 million and he wasted most of it.
Not much as I said previously I don't like his vision at all but we literally need any bodies in midfield down there. Getting a player will be better than playing a month or so without Pogba and Scott.

ash_86

I'm not too pissed as I succumbed to fact that this season is going to be inconsistent. Our depleted midfield isolated our strikers. We need some investment.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
All part of the plan. Ole's at the wheel and all that :rolleyes:

Same old story against a team in the bottom half of the table on a big winless streak. Somehow manage to turn it around against us. Poor selection today and it was obvious those first 2 substitutions would be made at some point, so why not just at half time instead of wasting 20 minutes of the second half. Incredibly uninspiring.
I'd go further - why not START with them!?

Pereira and Greenwood should be starting ahead of Lingard and James - especially as Greenwood was rested in the last game.

Solksjaer is a Woodward yes man - this isn't gonna work out with him here, at least not for the fans that want Utd back at the top.

The board have saved plenty of money by him being here -

Barely invested in the Summer
Manager who didn't need buying out of his contract
Doesn't rock the boat and demand transfers

But as fans all we're doing by accepting this garbage is helping the Glazers, not Utd.

Get rid. If you want Utd back at the top then understand, Solskjaer must go.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

Exactly - we rested players like Greenwood as well and this is one of the harder games to play our better performing players.

I feel like Ole unfortunately just doesn't see it.

432JuanMata

8 wins in 21 league games the only reason we are 5th is because every big team is crap, the difference is they are sacking their managers for it

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
What do people expect. As caretaker he didn't buy. No surprise. His first window, in my opinion, he bought players we desperately needed and got rid of loads. I don't know who he wanted that he didn't get. Probably at least one midfielder. Fred's improvement may well be down to Ole. Pogba's been wanting out since before Ole. Can't see how to blame that on him. He's got what he's got and imo exceeded expectations. Pretty sure we're looking to improve midfield and attack. If that happens in January we may well make top four. When we play at our best we look pretty good. Young, inexperienced side and all that. Won't fix that in one window.

KjaAnd

Just not good enough. He's had more than a year and I still have no idea what type of football we're meant to be playing (except from counter-attacking against big clubs).

I really what his "coaching" consists of. Our players look absolutely clueless as to what to do all over the pitch.

Defensively, everybody either chases the ball or looks on. Noone seems to know where to be or who to mark. We don't press high but invite pressure that we can't handle.

Our build-up is slow and devoid of any ideas. Mainly, it's just the two CMs sitting between the two CBs passing the ball sideways and backwards until someone hoofs it towards the sideline.

In attack, I don't see any patterns at all. No movement without the ball and no through balls. No one-touch passing. No overlapping.

We obviously need more quality on the pitch but there has to be a playing philosophy to build on and Ole hasn't convinced me he has one.

El Zoido

He got done on tactics today. Play rope-a-dope against this Arsenal side, keep it tight, don’t concede, let them Traveller themselves out then hit them hard in the final half hour when they’re gassed. Instead we tried to hit them with pace from the first minute, and they matched us, pressed us so we couldn’t play.

DJW

He’s the most incompetent manager we’ve had, and this is not overreacting even worse than Moyes.

When he’s finally fired from this job we won't see him again in the premier league nor any top league, thats how limited he is, the fact that we persist with him is just frustrating to say the least.
This is exactly it !! Post nailed !!

A genuine fraud to be running one of the biggest clubs in the world. Please just remove him it’s that bad, he looks lost, clueless more so than Moyes which was painful.

MacabbiUnited

Supports
Maccabi Tel Aviv - Israel
I just find it funny how after every win all the optimists come, abd after every lose all the pessimists come.

Can we be neutral for a change?
No shame in losing to Arsenal. Our manager is probably not the best in the world, but also not the worst. Were taking steps in the right direction and even if Ole wont be here in a years time, he will leave his successor a healthier team than the one he got from Jose.

We lack quality and depth and now ita up to Ed to bring in atleast 1 midfielder this window, abd an attacker if possible. If he does the same mistake he did lost year(not beringing players in January) than well once again miss out on top 4, we just dont have the depth and quality to be consistent enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.