Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbers

Why hasn't he put down a blanket ban on short corners?

It's as fecking easy an improvement to make as never ever playing Lingard again.

OLLY ORANGE

Not an effort on goal since Rashfords goal .
3-2 and the tie was still alive.
This utd side is flat at best.

Traub

I’ve figured it out. He’s doing the equivalent of what Jose did when he wanted a central defender - he is intentionally trying shite tactics so that Woody pays up and signs players.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I said it several times and will always say it, starting Lingard is the best proof we have that Ole is absolutely out of his depth. This decision alone tells everything

binary bot
Completely hung the players out to dry with that team selection. Outplayed by a shit Arsenal midfield, so takes one of the two actual midfielders out and puts Pereira in. Essentially played 1 midfielder vs fecking City.

Giggsyking

What a fecking joke of a manager, he is the worse manager in the league. We are stuck with a bad version of Myese.

IrishMcD

And not a single boo to be heard at full time, imagine this was Madrid, Juve, Bayern or Barca. If only our home support were as aware to whats going on as our away day support.

Will Singh

Anyone still supporting Ole is anti-United, just when you think they’ve run out of excuses out pops another when from the same place as there excuse?

Shark

@NotShark
Shambles of a board, shambles of a CEO, shambles of a coaching staff and let's not forget the manager. Burn it all to the ground and start over.

LJJT

In or out, like him or hate him, ole or poch is all irrelevant as this fecking board needs to get their hands in their pockets and buy two top quality midfield players this window.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
All posted before the game. These guys knew what was up.
Ole has no clue, Woodward out, Glazers out.

When will the club realise we need to make signings urgently?
That won't be hard considering we're expected to lose with a typically insipid display.

Hopefully chants of Ole/Glazers/Woodward out if the docile fanbase has finally come to their senses.
clueless; outclassed; boring; we played well with what we had; expect inconsistency with young players; Just sack him

SAFMUTD

The look on Ole's face at the end speaks volumes.

He is not happy.
Well at least we have that, Im sure it was because of RVP comments because Ole doesnt give a feck about this team, he would had resign by now if he did.

GMoore23

All the Ole haters on here would need to catch themselves on a bit. This current United squad is the worst since the 1970's and by far our worst since the Premier League began. There's not a single player in our current squad that would make the starting 11 in our 93/94, 98/99 or 07/08 teams and 99% would't even make the bench. None of this is Ole's fault. This is the fault of The Glazers first and foremost, followed closely by Woodward then our previous 3 managers. If we don't bring in any players this window, that will mean Ole has been supported with the grand total of 3 signings in 3 windows with a whopping £70m net spend. Absolute criminal and virtually setting the manager up to fail.
We're currently 5th in the league and still in the fight for top 4, league cup semi finalist's and in the last 32 of the Europa. Now, I want the the hater's to take a long hard look at our current squad and tell me what other managers would be doing a better job in Ole's situation. Not many I can tell you.
I honestly believe most of the hater's on here are millennials who are too young to have watched our great side's under Fergie, They don't seem to realize how good Fergie and those players were as they appear to expect similar results from this current crop of players. Open your eyes for God's sake, the current squad is absolute Piss and unless significant investment is made it's going to be 25 years without a league title again.
Somebody in another thread said tonight's result highlights the difference in class between Guardiola and Solskjaer. Wrong, Tonight's result highlights the difference between a £200m starting 11 and a £400m one.

GLAZERS OUT!!!

M16Red

Fred + Matic, Fred +Phil fecking Jones. Fred +Marrouane Fellaini.

Fred + Matic + Gomes.

Name it... it's better! We've tried Andreas and fecking Fred a few times and got our asses handed to us each and every time.
Matic and Fred played Vs Arsenal?

What your saying is Andreas is not good enough? But Gomes is? I'm a Gomes fan, but why should we invest time to a out of contract player?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I said it several times and will always say it, starting Lingard is the best proof we have that Ole is absolutely out of his depth. This decision alone tells everything
When I first saw the team sheet, my first thought was why play Lingard over Gomes? It makes no sense.

Godfather

Starting with that midfield against City was a crime. So naive and dumb. Lingard had no right to start this game. Matic came in and suddenly we looked like a football team again.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts

everybody knew in the summer how thin the squad was. I have no idea what he and the board were thinking.
We desperately need a new cm, rm and probably even a striker

Last edited:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I get every defeat is going to bring out the idiots but come on look at the XI we had to pick tonight, look at the players who were missing, look at who we were playing, are you really telling me tonight was down to the manager?

We could have been a full strength and still be beaten by City

dove

Starting Lingard again was a borderline retarded decision. Just a weekly reminder how clueless Ole is.

Ludens the Red

He’s making it really really difficult to not be criticised. Leaving Maguire on against Wolves was stupid enough. How on earth can you think it’s a good idea to play against a city team with Lingard and Perreira ahead of Fred in midfield. I think naive is a kind word to use in this instance.
The mismanagement of this squad all season including the transfer window is causing a lot of our issues at the moment.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
When I first saw the team sheet, my first thought was why play Lingard over Gomes? It makes no sense.
Gomes came in and he played a part in the goal. Specially what Lingard was supposed to be good at, pressing the opponent.
Gomes is a baby but at least he can surprise us. Lingard is the most consistently poor player of the squad. Ole is fecking crazy I think

Matic and Fred played Vs Arsenal?

What your saying is Andreas is not good enough? But Gomes is? I'm a Gomes fan, but why should we invest time to a out of contract player?
You asked me what was better, and I gave you clear answers. The second half proved the first point right for fecks sake man so how are you questioning that?
Did you see Fred and Andreas in the first half, or vs Sheff United when we also went 3-0 down?

Are you just defending Ole for the hell of it rather than actually trying to look at some of the clear mistakes he is making week in week out?

Gopher Brown

We can point the finger at Ole all we want, but these players are just nowhere near good enough. Yes, it’s his job to improve them, but they are so far off the City players for ball control, passing, pace.

We can change the manager now but it won’t change a fecking thing.

Redo91

I posted this in the match day thread:

It pisses me off. I was listening to the UWS podcast recently (great podcast) and unbelievably someone said OGS was doing a great job! :eek: I think it was before the Watford game (that went well). I just don’t understand it. Do these people not care about the club? People keep pointing to games like Spurs and City (one-off games and short-term evidence) as proof that he is the man for the job long-term. Where is the logic in that?!

Also annoys me hearing weekly match goers talk as if their opinions carry more weight than others. Sure it would be more evident if they turn but I watch every game and go over to a few games a season so I don’t see what’s wrong with my opinion. I’ve seen enough to know he is not the man long-term.

Also his defenders biggest argument seems to be that he doesn’t have the players. I’m guessing they missed all the games this season that we lost to teams in the lower half this season then. I don’t know what the excuse is there because surely we have better players than Watford, Crystal Palace, etc.

Will Singh

I get every defeat is going to bring out the idiots but come on look at the XI we had to pick tonight, look at the players who were missing, look at who we were playing, are you really telling me tonight was down to the manager?

We could have been a full strength and still be beaten by City
Yup agree the idiots defending Ole are out in full force!

Canagel

And not a single boo to be heard at full time, imagine this was Madrid, Juve, Bayern or Barca. If only our home support were as aware to whats going on as our away day support.
Top reds fans are too busy singing Oles at the wheel

passing-wind

Anyone supporting Ole has to be a rival fan it's not conceivable the support Ole gets on here. Before this game was played Ole wasn't good enough so these results are no suprise. If the glazers don't sign anyone this window they will sack Solskjaer at the end of the season.

Top four or out the door. Simple

Status
Not open for further replies.