Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggsyking

I dont think there is a single poster here who has elusively given him the credit for the wins and simultaneously pinned all the blame for our bad results on the players. That would be insane.

No one in their right mind is happy about losing to Newcastle, Burnley and Norwhich, but at the same time people are understandably pleased about beating City and Chelsea away. This is a joint effort after all so its just fair that the team as a whole (coaches and players) gets blame and praise in equal measure.
He is the weakest point in that team. FFS He is the weakest point in the whole club. So I will never give him credit for beating any team. Why the feck we even hired a manager from the Norwegian league that his only experience in the PL is relegating Cardiff after buying 7 fecking players?

jamesjimmybyrondean

It depends on whether the individual thinks that recruitment has been our biggest problem for years now, and also the most important thing we should be getting right above all else. I do believe that, and thats why I'm Ole in. Its no good throwing Poch into the equation because we think he might have signed the same players. Maybe he would, or maybe he would have signed duds, or maybe he would have been even better in the market. It doesn't matter because it isn't reality and he doesn't have the job. Ole does.
In the end the players that Ole has recruited that have been performing for us were wanted by Pochettino so that's why we can throw Pochettino in the mix because we know he wanted to sign those players and work with them.

Pochettino is a better coach than Ole.. Simple as that. If he comes he will work with Bruno and AWB who he wanted at Tottenham. He will work with Maguire who is our best defender and England's best defender. And he will work with James who is just a squad player. So why keep Ole when we can have Pochettino who is a better coach and can work with the squad we have?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He is the weakest point in that team. FFS He is the weakest point in the whole club. So I will never give him credit for beating any team. Why the feck we even hired a manager from the Norwegian league that his only experience in the PL is relegating Cardiff after buying 7 fecking players?
Ed Woodward wants to know your location.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
I dont think there is a single poster here who has elusively given him the credit for the wins and simultaneously pinned all the blame for our bad results on the players. That would be insane.

No one in their right mind is happy about losing to Newcastle, Burnley and Norwhich, but at the same time people are understandably pleased about beating City and Chelsea away. This is a joint effort after all so its just fair that the team as a whole (coaches and players) gets blame and praise in equal measure.
From what I’ve seen that seems to be more or less exactly what happens. There’s a kind of dizzy giddy euphoria after another successful smash and grab against a top team, but when the next loss comes, to some lower half of the table opposition, the argument then is Ole needs another 200m and two more windows.

Both sides capable of putting a ‘tint’ on the evidence, but to say the ole in side don’t do it and are just fair and objective - when they rake pochettino over the coals for about 15 games whereas ole history of relegating Cardiff doesn’t count - is laughable.

Mainoldo

Everyone knows who Mingy is, but that's not the point. I can only speak for myself, but outside of the obvious superstars i cant really name a single player in the Spanish, Italian and German leagues, where as pretty much every PL will be a household name around here, does not mean they are better players

According to transfermarkt they have 13 internationals, which again does not say all that much. Lindgard is an England international, hes still shite. Pereira AFAIK has a cap for Brazil, so i guess that makes him a Brazilian international (:lol:).

Point is, Brugge has been regular CL contenders the last few years and this year they ended third in a group with Real and PSG. They're not a completely shite team
My point was without google you don’t know who they are. By the why I don’t bloody know who they are either. But I guarantee you non of those players are getting into our team.

Yes they probably did have a good campaign but someone has to represent there league once a year and the fact people wanted Zidane sacked after they drew to them. Says it all.

shaky

My point was without google you don’t know who they are. By the why I don’t bloody know who they are either. But I guarantee you non of those players are getting into our team.

Yes they probably did have a good campaign but someone has to represent there league once a year and the fact people wanted Zidane sacked after they drew to them. Says it all.
So did they sack Zidane because of the people who wanted him sacked over a draw to Brugges? No. Should they have sacked him? No. Was it just some entitled dafties over-reacting as usual? Yes.

Giggsyking

So did they sack Zidane because of the people who wanted him sacked over a draw to Brugges? No. Should they have sacked him? No. Was it just some entitled dafties over-reacting as usual? Yes.
Are you comparing a triple CL winner to Ole? :lol:

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Today I learned 24 goals scored and twice as many conceded in 26 games is the definition of 'proper football'. We've got some real geniuses on here.
Does scoring goals directly correlate to playing good football?

No.

Case in point.

Route 1 football.

Route 1 gets you goals.....but it’s a dire way of playing football.

Mainoldo

They were top of La Liga at the time....

Put I get your silly point. Shame it has little substance...

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Does scoring goals directly correlate to playing good football?

No.

Case in point.

Route 1 football.

Route 1 gets you goals.....but it’s a dire way of playing football.
:lol: :lol:

This is brilliant. You’re arguing with a poster who is on same side as you. The fact that you didn’t realise that stat posted was Norwich’s and not ours shows exactly how far you’re comfortable to let our standards drop.

shaky

Are you comparing a triple CL winner to Ole? :lol:
I'm pointing out that there are some fans stupid enough to call for a triple CL leage winner to be sacked over a draw to Brugges, which kind of indicates that you have to take calls for sackings with a pinch of salt, because there are a lot of absolute moronic fans with unrealistic demands about in every club.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
"We didn't want to pay the release clause" is a face saving attempt. It's not like his release clause was 200m.
The release clause in question is one Haaland (or his representatives) wanted to include in a possible contract (with United) - not one we refused to pay.

He wanted a relatively low release clause - making it easy for him to move on. Dortmund were willing to accommodate him - United were (apparently) not.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
:lol: :lol:

This is brilliant. You’re arguing with a poster who is on same side as you. The fact that you didn’t realise that stat posted was Norwich’s and not ours shows exactly how far you’re comfortable to let our standards drop.
Not arguing with the poster, simply quoted it to make another point :/

Not comfortable just accepted at what level we’re currently at & am patient enough to wait for results to get better and not wanting to change things every 5 minutes

Gasolin

"Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said he knew Marcus Rashford was struggling and played him against Wolves - now he's out for three months," Ian Wright said on BBC Radio 5 Live,
This is not a manager of a great club like ours. This is an ignorant manager who does not deserve to be at the club.
Rashford was sais to carry that injuries for several years. That means under Mourinho and LVG. Is that Ole’s fault too? The guy played in that state. That’s just the reality. To blame Ole for that is for me nonsense. The medical team has a role and it is to provide opinions about that.

TheGame

I'll repeat again. Norwich is an example to show that you can play good football without top players. Their league position is irrelevant to the argument being presented. The discussion is not about league position but rather about the quality of players and the quality of football of the team as a whole. There are other teams that play good football like Leicester without expensive players. I hope you get the point.
I agree about Leicester and even Sheff Utd tactics have been effective. But playing good football and then getting relegated is pointless.

TheGame

Nah, moving to United where the playstyle isn't even clear, let alone how to create chances outside of counter attacks would hinder his development as a striker. He didn't want to join Ole at United.

"We didn't want to pay the release clause" is a face saving attempt. It's not like his release clause was 200m.
The issue wasn’t paying the release clause, it was the lower one they wanted in the new contract which is what it is now.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
I'm pointing out that there are some fans stupid enough to call for a triple CL leage winner to be sacked over a draw to Brugges, which kind of indicates that you have to take calls for sackings with a pinch of salt, because there are a lot of absolute moronic fans with unrealistic demands about in every club.
In terms of financial resources and fanbase we are one of the top five teams in the world as a pessimistic estimate. Is it unrealistic to expect a football club with those resources to finish top four in their domestic league in the majority of years? Discuss. Good luck with the argument that it isn’t.

Gasolin

In terms of financial resources and fanbase we are one of the top five teams in the world as a pessimistic estimate. Is it unrealistic to expect a football club with those resources to finish top four in their domestic league in the majority of years? Discuss. Good luck with the argument that it isn’t.
Look at the money available. In fact, it’s not that much. We need to do a structural change to even trim down the wage structure to have a chance to survive, and that’s why we focus on the academy as well, etc... we should try to understand our profit, not just the revenue.

With that understanding I can agree with the decisions Ole took. Unless you are a critical asset like Pogba, if you’re just a Lukaku, with flaws and high salary, you’re gone.

L1nk

Lazy, cliched assessment as usual from you. Try harder.
Is he wrong though? Your rebuttal says nothing in the way of countering his argument, we are behind Sheffield and Leicester, and Sheffield only came up from the Championship recently, so is their squad better than ours? They certainly play better football, so what's the difference?

If you can honestly bring something to the table other than culture and United DNA to present your argument, I'm all ears, but you can't, you just settle for posts like the one you just made to make your argument for you, aka no argument.

Kurton

I agree about Leicester and even Sheff Utd tactics have been effective. But playing good football and then getting relegated is pointless.
Come on mate, I explained it already, the league position is irrelevant to the argument being discussed. I don't know why are you bringing it again and again.

Last season Man city and Liverpool both played good football, but in the end only one could win the league. That doesn't make Liverpool's tactics wrong. If the whole league played tiki-taka or defensive football, there are still 3 teams that are going to be relegated, it just a degree of how not good enough the bottom 3 were compared to others. If you have better players compared to other teams its highly unlikely that you would get relegated. There is no excuse to playing crap clueless football with excellent players at your disposal.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
The list of mistakes he is doing is just getting longer and longer. From recruiting, to training, to tactics, to what he actually says.... You just think that Woodward and the Glazers hope it will be summer soon and then just hope for the best.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Look at the money available. In fact, it’s not that much. We need to do a structural change to even trim down the wage structure to have a chance to survive, and that’s why we focus on the academy as well, etc... we should try to understand our profit, not just the revenue.

With that understanding I can agree with the decisions Ole took. Unless you are a critical asset like Pogba, if you’re just a Lukaku, with flaws and high salary, you’re gone.
I disagree. What we need to be doing is winning and making inroads into the champions league every season, generating wealth, reinvesting in the squad and acquiring more fans worldwide.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
In the end the players that Ole has recruited that have been performing for us were wanted by Pochettino so that's why we can throw Pochettino in the mix because we know he wanted to sign those players and work with them.

Pochettino is a better coach than Ole.. Simple as that. If he comes he will work with Bruno and AWB who he wanted at Tottenham. He will work with Maguire who is our best defender and England's best defender. And he will work with James who is just a squad player. So why keep Ole when we can have Pochettino who is a better coach and can work with the squad we have?
Pochettino wanted Fernandes so much that he spent that money on Ndombele and Lo Celso instead. I don't know the specifics, and neither do you, but its a bit of a stretch to claim to know who Pochettino would have wanted to sign when the reality shows that he spent his money elsewhere. Tottenham have the extremely average Aurier at right back but didn't make a move for AWB. Not sure where you're going with this other than saying you want Pochettino here, which is no secret

shaky

It's certainly not an unrealistic expectation, given our resources and fanbase. We have failed over the years to utilise these resources properly though, which led us to starting this season with a squad not worthy of our financial position in the game. Combined with injuries to key players from that already fairly weak and inexperienced squad, finding ourselves only in a top 4 battle is hardly a massive surprise. At least we have a young squad with a lot of potential now, compared to previous squads with too many old or deadweight players. I think the future is looking more promising than it has in a while. We need to build on that with good investment in the summer.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I'm not talking about the Caf in general but the people that support Ole. They talk about how he's beaten City and Chelsea and been the only team to draw Liverpool but don't mention him when we draw or lose to Bruge or Southampton or Burnley or Newcastle or Bournemouth etc
About 70-80% have voted to have Ole sacked, so I think this whole discussion is trending enough already.

Gehrman

Pochettino wanted Fernandes so much that he spent that money on Ndombele and Lo Celso instead. I don't know the specifics, and neither do you, but its a bit of a stretch to claim to know who Pochettino would have wanted to sign when the reality shows that he spent his money elsewhere. Tottenham have the extremely average Aurier at right back but didn't make a move for AWB. Not sure where you're going with this other than saying you want Pochettino here, which is no secret
Spurs under Poch spent very little net and have spent the majority of their money on building a new stadium. They can't spunk as much money on transfers and wages as we can.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Spurs under Poch spent very little net and have spent the majority of their money on building a new stadium. They can't spunk as much money on transfers and wages as we can.
Not arguing against that. I'm replying to the guy who thinks Poch would have signed the same players we did despite the fact that he didn't. He bought another player who plays in the same position

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not arguing against that. I'm replying to the guy who thinks Poch would have signed the same players we did despite the fact that he didn't. He bought another player who plays in the same position
Poch wanting Bruno was obvious though, even Bruno's teammate said sacking of Poch played big role in him signing for us. Levy didn't meet the asking price, also Lo Celso is CM than AM. Apart from that they got loan with option to buy for Lo Celso which wouldn't have happened with Bruno.

Saying we are signing Poch targets is all just assumption, something that people want to happen.

Bruno, Grealish were Poch/Spurs targets for sure as there are interviews from people involved in the deals.

romufc

Blaming the match ball now for last nights game vs Club Brugge.
I raised this the other day about Ole.

Last season he blamed fitness.
Earlier on he blamed youth / young players = incosistency
In Jan he blamed mental tiredness.
V Chelsea he said it takes time to get back in the rythmn
Now he is blaming the ball and pitch...

We have seen this theme with crap managers, blame the tools.

Ruben Neves hit a brilliant Volley, the ball seemed fine.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I rest my case

From what I’ve seen that seems to be more or less exactly what happens. There’s a kind of dizzy giddy euphoria after another successful smash and grab against a top team, but when the next loss comes, to some lower half of the table opposition, the argument then is Ole needs another 200m and two more windows.

Both sides capable of putting a ‘tint’ on the evidence, but to say the ole in side don’t do it and are just fair and objective - when they rake pochettino over the coals for about 15 games whereas ole history of relegating Cardiff doesn’t count - is laughable.
Giddy euphoria? I'd say this place is pretty depressing most of the time. People are hungry for success so i think its understandable some get happy after talking a big scalp.

And the squad needs more investment. We had the likes of Lindgard and Pereiera stinking up the place all season, and when you see how much of an improvement Bruno is, its clear the team needs more players of that quality. That's irregardless of who is manager. If Poch is our manager in August my stance wont change. We need at least two more good windows to clear out the rest of the dregs and get some real quality in

Think you are big a bit harsh here. They've qualified for the CL regularly the last couple of years, which makes them a mid tier European side like Sevilla, Ajax, Celtic, Villareal, Bayer Leverkusen, Schalke, Roma and Napoli, maybe slightly worse but not by much.

Of course few if any of them would get into our best first XI, thats absurd, but among the first XI we fielded yesterday i'd say not much separated us, Martial and Maguire aside of course.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He won't resign. The guy won't get a job at top level anytime soon. He will milk it to the full
I can't see him adding himself to that list of managers who have unilaterally resigned from a professional football club because they felt they weren't up to the job.

Said list:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What the hell is this post :lol:. When we beat Chelsea and City there were alot of posters praising Ole. How last night's game was nothing is beyond me. Every game that is crucial to champions league qualification matters including last night's game.

If you think it's so boring that Ole gets criticised frequently then what are you still doing on this thread. When I made the point about how Norwich plays better football than us I made sure I put other teams like Borussia Monchengladbach who are chasing the Bundesliga, Leeds who are chasing the championship title and Sheffield who are overachieving. But nope the Ole supporters that replied to that post only picked out Norwich and choose to ignore the other teams because that's what suits their agenda.

Im sure you're a smart guy in real life or you try to be so it saddens me a bit that you can't see that there are other coaches out there better than the one we have now.
He's a fairly big Ole supporter.

Gehrman

I think Ole's signings have been goodish, but playing him up to this wizard in the transfer market is a bit much. Everybody knew who Maguire was, Mourinho wanted him last season. We payed a world record fee for him and for that kind of money he's not that good. AWB was also a obvious signing for RB and we payed also somewhat a world record fee for RB. James was cheap punt and looks like it. Bruno was also a obvious target. So basicly Ole is at United where we have funds to pay obviously well known good players. I think anyone on the Caf following football or people playing FM would know who these players are. We've payed huge fees for good but not world class players.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I can't see him adding himself to that list of managers who have unilaterally resigned from a professional football club because they felt they weren't up to the job.

Said list:

That too

Foxbatt

I don't care if the players he signed are good or not. All I see is that he can't coach a football team to play to the best of their ability.
Look at last night. Our midfield was non existent in any sense. I don't mean players playing badly. I mean tactically and position wise there was no midfield.
It's not only on Matic. Someone from Mata, Lingard and Periera has to drop deep at least into the center circle. They never did. It opens a lot of space for Brugge and we never get the second ball or anything there. Even if Lingard did feck all, at least he should have been ordered to drop in there to at least deny Brugge the space.
Ole has no clue apart from counter attacking football, which in fact is long ball for our strikers to use their pace.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW

Said list:

1. Ian Holloway advises Crystal Palace they need a different style of manager to stay in the Premier League and offers his resignation in 2013.

90 + 5min

Very ignorant post
In what way?
What a way show shit argument. Liverpool also play great football. The point of bringing Norwich is to show that you can play proper football without all the top players, not their league position. I don't know how can some people be so thick. Classic example of bringing the opponent down to your level and then criticising them.
What proper football? They are last. Can’t defend and are on way going down? Is that what Solskjaer would be doing to get some credit? Or at least so that he don’t get blame for everything and anything.

The best thing about that post, is that those same posters claim Ole only appears to be a shite manager because of the players at his disposal yet they do not apply that same logic to guys like Daniel Farke who is apparently just a shit manager, and it's not to do with the fact he's managing Norwich City.

Also, in terms of playing football itself and the aesthetic of it, yeah I would much rather us be like Norwich or Leeds than the current football we are seeing which is something like 1998 Middlesbrough.
So you would be more happier going down and playing in championship (but playing ”attractive” football) than playing for trophys? A guess you hated Mourinho and vanGaal aswell?
Today I learned 24 goals scored and twice as many conceded in 26 games is the definition of 'proper football'. We've got some real geniuses on here.
Same here. Just incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.