Ole Gunnar Solskjær press conference: Wolves (A)

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Anywhere I can watch this?

MUFC OK

Answering questions about Ronaldo will be his first real test
" No, no chance of that. We're happy with the business we've done this summer and I don't want to comment on other clubs transfer business."

croadyman

" No, no chance of that. We're happy with the business we've done this summer and I don't want to comment on other clubs transfer business."
Yeah that will be the line and can't stomach hearing that today so will give it a miss

croadyman

Doesn't really matter what he says. He's not the one doing the negotiating and we've not signed anyone else yet so why would the media line bother you?
Yeah Judge should be booted for his contract decisions that's for sure

choccy77

Its usually on youtube.

Seeing his comments this morning about Sancho, he doesn't seem to be in a happy mood today / yesterday.

LARulz

And kill everyone's Friday early or giving the go ahead to start drinking earlier

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Its usually on youtube.

Seeing his comments this morning about Sancho, he doesn't seem to be in a happy mood today / yesterday.
You mean when he said Sancho was ill so lost a week of preseason? Aye scathing that was.

Press conference quotes

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Solskjaer breaks silence on Cristiano Ronaldo interest
'We've always had a good communication. Bruno's been talking to him as well and he knows what we feel about him. And if he was ever gonna move away from Juventus he knows we're here.'
Early team news
"Yes, of course. When you have disappointed of dropping points you want game straight away. I think the boys are ready.
"We are still missing Scott, Marcus, Alex, Dean Henderson."
Jesse Lingard future
"I see him as a Man United player - I have seen loads of speculation about him but he has had a very good pre-season.
"He would have 100 per cent started first game of season."
Mason Greenwood missing out from England squad
"He is on the right track - I have had conversations with Gareth, he sees him as a potential England forward. He has taken step-by-step."
What would Ronaldo to City mean for United?
"We focus on the ones we have here. Don't want to speculate too much on him (Ronaldo).
"When you are at United you have to read a lot about yourself. Let's see."
Want more signings?
"Any manager is always looking for a little bit more.
"I am happy with the numbers we have, quality we have, it is really good. The staff with them fit eachother really well."
Solskjaer on Ronaldo
"Don't want to speculate too much - he is a legend of this club, the greatest player of all time if you as me.
"I was fortunate enough to paly with him, to coach him... such a tremendous human being as well.
"Let's see, everyone who has played with him has a soft spot for him."
Van de Beek will get his chance
"We started against Leeds and 5-1 win was a justifcation of the team selection. Next one Scott couldn't play and Nemanja was best player in pre-season.
"(Donny) He will get his chances when the season gets going. Last season we had games every 4 or 4 days - so can't really say that we made a decision."
Latest on Phil Jones
"He has had a horrible 18, 19, 20 months - and probably a year before that as well.
"I think Rio was a bit out of order, not out of order. He should have called me about why he wasn't playing.
"Phil is a no fuss, get on with it type of guy. I think that out of order completely. He is still not 30, but he puts his body on the line and he has never done anythng but give everything for the club. Rio of all should know more.
"He just gets his head down, a proper, proper professional."
Raphael Varane latest
"He is working really hard - when I asked him if he was ready to play vs Burnley behind-closed-doors last week he said 'No, I need to suffer on the training ground first'.
"He had his holidays, he came in and said goodbyes at Real Madrid, didn't train, had visa, had isolation, but now he has had a couple weeks of good training.
"He is looking impressive."
Solskjaer on missed chances
"We took lead vs Leeds, they levelled and we were clincial. We weren't vs Southampton. We had as many chances if not more. We had good spell after we scored that we should have scored more. That is what we have looked at."
Pushed on Ronaldo again
"He is probably the greatest of all time.
"It is what it is."
One final question on Ronaldo
"I didn't think Ronaldo was going to leave Juventus, speculation the last few days.
"We have always had good communication, Bruno has been talking to him. He knows how we feel about him, if he was ever going to move he knows we are here."

Last edited:

MUFC OK

Early team news

Jesse Lingard future

Mason Greenwood missing out from England squad

What would Ronaldo to City mean for United?

Want more signings?
Hasn't killed it but this hasn't given any hope either.

CM

Solskjaer has just spoken out against Rio's comments on Phil Jones in quite a bit of detail. Good to see.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
'We've always had a good communication. Bruno's been talking to him as well and he knows what we feel about him. And if he was ever gonna move away from Juventus he knows we're here.'
YES AGENT BRUNO, YOU TALK TO HIM

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Raphael Varane latest
"He is working really hard - when I asked him if he was ready to play vs Burnley behind-closed-doors last week he said 'No, I need to suffer on the training ground first'.
"He had his holidays, he came in and said goodbyes at Real Madrid, didn't train, had visa, had isolation, but now he has had a couple weeks of good training.
"He is looking impressive."
Hopefully this means he's ready.

Red_Aaron

I'm not one for transfer muppetry but I'm amazed he engaged as much as he did in the Ronaldo chat, thought he'd just straight bat the lot of em

'he knows we're here' that's some explicit statement that

MUFC OK

"I didn't think Ronaldo was going to leave Juventus, speculation the last few days.
"We have always had good communication, Bruno has been talking to him. He knows how we feel about him, if he was ever going to move he knows we are here."

He has no clue what's going on. Meanwhile City have this deal tied up.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins

That's a fantastically intriguing quote

lsd

The Oracle
If Woodward pulls this off he should get a stand named after him

choccy77

You mean when he said Sancho was ill so lost a week of preseason? Aye scathing that was.
Not that bit, the bit before when he was calling the press "experts on what is going on BTS at United"