Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Jim Solbakken

Thepinhead

Can't see the problem here. We have signed 4 first team players under Ole and none of them had Solbakken as agent. Ighalo is a loan and he even had to take a paycut.

muller

I’m fairly sure Fergie had agents he preferred to work with and some of them were probably his mates. In fact, in Michael Crick’s book he alleges that SAF tried to push a couple of young players (Mark Wilson and Jon Greening maybe?) to sign on with his son Jason, whose agency ended up getting into some bother about its dealings with United’s. I think the club had to end its relationship with the agency if I’m not mistaken
She’s really showing this guy with the agenda (as he’s trying to force others to jump to his conclusions) and other journos getting involved up - marcotti one of them.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Can't see the problem here. We have signed 4 first team players under Ole and none of them had Solbakken as agent. Ighalo is a loan and he even had to take a paycut.
Ighalo's agent is not Solbakken either, King's agent is someone else too.

I don't see what the problem is here.

Woodzy

I think it’s nothing more than going after players that are more easily obtainable while we are up against it.

The stuff at Cardiff looks more dodgy but in our situation, it’s probably more a case of looking for obtainable players in the last few days of the window while we were getting desperate.

Now if we sign Josh King in the summer, then we have an issue.

Skills

Snitch
Another reason why you shouldn't let a manager anywhere near your transfer budget.

I'm pretty sure Mourinho and Mendes have embezzled a decent amount of cash out of the clubs they've been at.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
:lol: This is some next level reaching from the angry Ole out twitter mob. Shame we didn't sign Haaland or Berge, missed out on some popcorn.gif worthy conspiracy theories.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
How can you say that? And because of what?

Who has Ole brought or tried to buy thats a client of Solbakken since he has arrived?

I'll make it easy for you, none.

Atta, the agent of Ighalo and Jim Solbakken was accused of working together in 2014 regarding the sale of Anders Lindegaard to United, but the Norwegian "FA" cleared the case. Thats the only connection they've had. And the rule of representing two parties, which was the case in question here is legal in the Premier League, but not in Norway. So either way, it wouldnt be a case here.

Alot, alot of things has been posted here that are false and misinformation.

Why is Josh King being mentioned by the OP?? It's 4 years since he was represented by Jim Solbakken. He switched to Danny Welbecks brother as an agent. When we tried to buy king, it had nothing to do with Jim Solbakken and OGS relationship..

Its just misleading and dangerous. When making a posts like this, atleast have the facts straight!
How it is misleading? Ole bought 17 player in Cardiff and Molde who were under Solbakken and Aneke. In Cardiff only one was hit( i don't know how it was in Molde). It is not situation where he bought one or two good players and used relationship with agent to get good players for good price for his club. He obviously helped his mate there.
In United he tried to pay 30 mil for 28y old average striker (whos previous agent was Solbakken). And then we bought Ighalo whos agent is Aneke. From all strikers around the world he picked those two?

roonster09

Scout
:lol: This is some next level reaching from the angry Ole out twitter mob. Shame we didn't sign Haaland or Berge, missed out on some popcorn.gif worthy conspiracy theories.
Obviously Ole wanted to help his friend to make big money as apparently they have fixed percentage from next transfer fee.

roonster09

Scout
In United he tried to pay 30 mil for 28y old average striker (whos previous agent was Solbakken). And then we bought Ighalo whos agent is Aneke. From all strikers around the world he picked those two?
So nothing to do with Solbakken, for King he was ex agent and was changed 2-4 years ago and for Ighalo he wasn't even his agent.

arthurka

We should look at their portfolios that might show us what route this club is going down under Ole.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
So nothing to do with Solbakken, for King he was ex agent and was changed 2-4 years ago and for Ighalo he wasn't even his agent.
How is not related? :lol:
He was his previous agent so we don't know does King still has connections or not. But nevertheless we bought/loaned a player whos agent is Solbakken's business partner ffs. And you tell me it is all clear because it is not Solbakken himself. And what about 17(!!) players who Ole signed before?

One player, two or even 3 are coincidence but 17?

roonster09

Scout
How is not related? :lol:
He was his previous agent so we don't know does King still has connections or not. But nevertheless we bought/loaned a player whos agent is Solbakken's business partner ffs. And you tell me it is all clear because it is not Solbakken himself. And what about 17(!!) players who Ole signed before?

One player, two or even 3 are coincidence but 17?
How is it related? He was changed long back and apparently Welbeck brother is King's agent. Why is his ex agent anywhere related? Going by logic, we shouldn't be interested in King as he ditched Ole's agent.

What Ole signed at Molde and Cardiff shouldn't be our concern, for all we know his agent had monopoly of all good players in Norway league and Molde made good use of it to make good money, who knows.

At ManUtd there are 0 links, that's all that matters.

Alabaster Codify7

I don't think any manager is squeaky clean, SAF certainly wasn't himself.

I wouldn't say this is a massive deal at present but if I was an Ole In supporter I would be starting to get nervous here. What with the leaks / rumours about sponsors being furious at what they're associating themselves with, stories like this are only going to anger them more and also...…...this sort of thing would make it a lot easier for the board to 'justify' sacking Ole.

They could combat angry fans with "we care more about the reputation of this football club than we do about one manager, we care about this club etc". I'd be starting to look over my shoulder if I was Ole.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
How is it related? He was changed long back and apparently Welbeck brother is King's agent. Why is his ex agent anywhere related? Going by logic, we shouldn't be interested in King as he ditched Ole's agent.

What Ole signed at Molde and Cardiff shouldn't be our concern, for all we know his agent had monopoly of all good players in Norway league, who even knows.

At ManUtd there are 0 links, that's all that matters.
Again...Ighalo?? And i think that we talk about Ole's transfer in general not just in United

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I heard this on the Transfer Window podcast - didn't know about it before. But apparently there was a story about this in the Norwegian press that Solbakken tried to get canceled (or an injunction, whatever legal instrument applies), but it's still there.

I think they said he bought loads of players in January for Cardiff when they were up against it, and they hardly played for the rest of the season. And they of course got relegated.

It's not in and of itself a bad thing to buy players represented by your own agent. I'm sure it happens a lot. Certainly has with Mourinho (Mendes). But Ole and Solbakken were business partners and then Ole had to sell his shares (according to Castles, which is probably according to the original Norwegian article).

The problem with this is that the level of players he's gone after who are associated with Solbakken or his business partners, is far below what a club like United should be trying to acquire. It doesn't have to be corruption - not sure why people are getting all sensitive here. It can also show that Ole hasn't got any serious reach when recruiting players and goes back to the average bunch he's connected to through a shared agent. Both Ighalo and King are in that network.

This thread certainly needs no justification.
This narrative would have merit.... if it was based in reality. Reality will henceforth let you know that the manager does not recruit players, the club does. I mean, if you're going to say "far below what a club like United should be trying to aquire", at least come up with a name or two in January, a striker, that the club should have tried to acquire on a half-season long loan that meets your upper echelon quality.

I find the whole notion that somehow signing our new Nigerian friend as a striker loan option is indicative of the clubs failure in the transfer market. In the January transfer market of all things. The Caf genuinely thinks that us not signing a big name striker in January is a sign that the club is not attractive.

There is another football club in Europe that is in dire need of a temporary striker option as well, but they failed to sign anyone as a backup option. Following this exact narrative that would mean that they are also a undesirable destination for Europe's football greats, or at the very least a telltale sign that their clubs transfer department "have no idea what they are doing". That club would be FC Barcelona.

Tottenham also desperately tried to find a striker option in January. They made a big push for a player at the tail end of the January Transfer window. Obviously you know that player was Ighalo, and that the played snubbed Tottenham to come here. Ighalo has to take a pay-cut to play here, that is how much the player wanted to join us on a loan. Say what you want about his qualities on the pitch, but at least we have a guy here that will go full tilt until his legs falls of. Who knows, maybe he will actually score some goals until Rashford is back, god knows Martial isn't.

Oh yeah, Ighalo also rejected a loan move to Barcelona previously.

Barcelona and Tottenham both got TERRIBLE reach, apparently? I mean, January is such a famously easy window to land that one differencemaker. It happens all the time. Easiest window to do any business. You know, the exact time period when no club wants to sell anyone when they still have everything to play for and the transfer money will rarely or never offset the potential gain of the player staying?

Should we have made a January move for Christiano Ronaldo instead? Or what's the problem here?

These players are not available in January. EVER.

roonster09

Scout
Again...Ighalo?? And i think that we talk about Ole's transfer in general not just in United
What about Ighalo? We tried to sign Haaland, Rondon, King, Murray, Ings and when failed to sign any, last min we signed one player on loan. It's a loan deal where player took pay cut. What's that supposed to say?

Again, anyone knows much about Norwegian league? Maybe they should shed some light on this. What if Solbakken was the agent who had all the good players? Should Molde ditch him just because he is Ole's agent? Remember reading one article which was about how Molde made so much money selling players, but that was their plan after all. Sign good players and sell them for profit.

BootsyCollins

I think it could have been a issue when he was at Cardiff.

Dont see how it can be one while he is here.
We was asking for every striker where there was a change they might move, and got the one who was the easiest to get, probably because of this connection. That is not a negative in this case.

Then of course, if the next guy we are roumered to sign is Jo Inge Berget we might should start asking some questions.

Santos J

Ighalo's agent is not Solbakken either, King's agent is someone else too.

I don't see what the problem is here.
Exactly, not to mention Ighalo's "Norwegian connection" is tenuous at best, he had 10 months there 13 years ago ffs.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
What about Ighalo? We tried to sign Haaland, Rondon, King, Murray, Ings and when failed to sign any, last min we signed one player on loan. It's a loan deal where player took pay cut. What's that supposed to say?

Again, anyone knows much about Norwegian league? Maybe they should shed some light on this. What if Solbakken was the agent who had all the good players? Should Molde ditch him just because he is Ole's agent? Remember reading one article which was about how Molde made so much money selling players, but that was their plan after all. Sign good players and sell them for profit.
You are unbelievable. If you don't see problem here then i can't help you. Think what you want.

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
This post is just stupid if you ask me. I see no substance, nor any factual present connections.
How did Ole make money on the Ighalo transfer then? Or how did he help his "friend" Solbakken with this transfer, the agent not even being Ighalos agent???

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

https://www.transfermarkt.com/jim-solbakken/beraterfirma/berater/1292

Looking at his client list he represents players that are either destroying the Norwegian league or half decent players playing abroad that instantly would destroy the Norwegian league if they came back. Not doing business with him would mean ruling yourself out of any sort of title race.

I usually tell people to play less FM but some on here should start playing it to understand how networks and connections work. Or try getting a job, then they'll instantly understand the importance of a decent network.

TRUERED89

He could easily get fired over this (if the football results weren’t enough!)
If the results haven't been enough to see him sacked, this unsubstantiated story definitely wont even make Ed bat an eye lid.

roonster09

Scout
You are unbelievable. If you don't see problem here then i can't help you. Think what you want.
Yeah, see some text without any context and then start the outrage without even checking. Did anyone even verify the numbers? Or did anyone check which players were signed?

Like @Samid mentioned, his clients are very good players in Norwegian league so which club with any sense would avoid signing his players?

roonster09

Scout
https://www.transfermarkt.com/jim-solbakken/beraterfirma/berater/1292

Looking at his client list he represents players that are either destroying the Norwegian league or half decent players playing abroad that instantly would destroy the Norwegian league if they came back. Not doing business with him would mean ruling yourself out of any sort of title race.

I usually tell people to play less FM but some on here should start playing it to understand how networks and connections work. Or try getting a job, then they'll instantly understand the importance of a decent network.
Exactly, so it makes sense at least for Molde to sign his players and then sell them for profit.

Once you don't rate the manager, some of the tinfoil stuff that you read is amazing.

Santos J

His agent is Solbakken's business partner ffs! 18 players bought from same agency.
Should he actively avoid signing any players that have a link to Norway then? What about the countless other players on Atta's books, why didn't we sign them all? What about Maguire, AWB, Fernandes and James? Have they got a friend who looks a bit like Solbakken's barber? There's reasons there to criticise the club and Ole, this isn't one of them.

wolvored

I’m fairly sure Fergie had agents he preferred to work with and some of them were probably his mates. In fact, in Michael Crick’s book he alleges that SAF tried to push a couple of young players (Mark Wilson and Jon Greening maybe?) to sign on with his son Jason, whose agency ended up getting into some bother about its dealings with United’s. I think the club had to end its relationship with the agency if I’m not mistaken
Yes there were stories in the papers from some of the reserves that they were threatened with being booted out of the club by Fergie if they didnt sign up with jason. I have put a link to one story, but there are a few.
Link here

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
@Tom Cato

Like others have said here, I think this is more alarming for his time at Cardiff, where it really does look shite. But since you talk about those other clubs, I actually do think Barca have been pretty terrible in the market over the last couple of years. And I think that's pretty evident to the wider football community. I've no idea why Ighalo rejected a loan move there, we don't know the terms. And I do like that he's a die hard United fan. But the difference between ourselves and most other clubs is that we knew we needed attacking reinforcements back in March when Lukaku signalled he was off. So ample time to use the scouting network. I suppose it's a mix of general incompetence, lack of ambition and a manager having more say in things than suits a long-term approach, but we ended up with Ighalo. The fact we bid 20m for King, which would then mean we wouldn't be going for a serious striker in the summer, I find incredibly disappointing.

For me the narrative is somewhat like this: A club run by incompetent people, seriously reigning in spending after years or horrid financial mismanagement, hires incompetent manager with extremely limited appeal and reach. Leans on his reach due to austerity and this is the result. The Solbakken and Solskjaer narrative is another chapter, and like I said earlier, more alarming previously when he was able to buy loads of his players and hardly playing them.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Should he actively avoid signing any players that have a link to Norway then? What about the countless other players on Atta's books, why didn't we sign them all? What about Maguire, AWB, Fernandes and James? Have they got a friend who looks a bit like Solbakken's barber? There's reasons there to criticise the club and Ole, this isn't one of them.
Excellent argument. :rolleyes:

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
This is actually a lot more interesting than I first thought. @Snow how about this for something tangible: Solskjaer's invisible fortune

Seems it's a tax fraud scheme. Whereas in some places it's only highly unethical but still legit, in Norway it's not just unethical but also illegal to not declare all your assets. And at the same time he's promoting the values of the Scandinavian social democratic model...
"It’s unlikely the Norwegian tax authorities are aware of these assets."

I personally like when a smear article shoots itself in the foot in the second sentence be declaring that its being entirely speculative.

I actually love this article, because it goes to such a length to find something illegal where there is nothing.

First of all, the company mentioned in the Article: "Dynamic Solution AS" does exist, altho in the Norwegian index registry there are 2 companies with the same name, which looks to be a mistake but nonetheless. i found the company that belongs to Solbakken.

The company in question has declared a very sizeable taxable income and revenue generated. That financial information is publicly available to anyone who wants to view it. AS stands for (Aksje Selskap - or Stock Company. Ie it's shares are tradeable on the open market if he company so wishes). The entity is regulated by the Norwegian tax authorities, but it's (unless outright fraudulent) completely separated from its owners in terms of legal and financial responsibility. The coimpany is its own entity.

Now with regards to the rest of the conspiracy theory in the article. Ole's "failure to declare his entire net worth as taxable income". There are a few tax rules regarding when you have to declare your assets in Norway. Firstly, what qualifies as taxable assets is subject to when it was aquired. For example OGS is not required to declare income on financial assets invested into a company. His finances are tied up in the company, but its the company that's on the line to declare its finances within its area of operation.

Managing your networth is something that everyone with money does. Nearly every single living person with a fortune of any size, plays the game of "How do i keep most of it". I have an investment company that I own 100%. I'm not rich, but I also own a company that does well and this allows me the comfort of being able to invest now and then. No one actively seeks out every chance to give away as much of their hard earned income as they can. What you do is you invest those money into available investments and use the magic of accounting to bring your net worth down to somewhere near 0. A fortune is idle money. All it does is sit still and collect poor interest in the bank. Sure you want some cash on hand, but not too much of it.

So in short, this article is accusing OGS of not letting his money live in the bank under his own person so he can tax most of it.

I should mention that nothing of this is "fishy" or even borderline illegal. It's simply called investment.

The Norwegian state have bilateral tax agreements with most states, they can be found here. https://www.regjeringen.no/no/tema/...eavtaler-mellom-norge-og-andre-stat/id417330/ - To avoid dobule taxation, you have something called tax-deregulations of things like income and property tax paid abroad that you can declare as "admissable" on your norwegian tax return.

I just finished reading this whole thing but Ill just avoid tearing my hair out and reply to this final bit:

"
“Not declaring all your assets can result in substantial penalty taxes. Tax evasion can result in fines or prison up to six years,” Jebsen writes in an email.

Solskjær’s tax returns for the period 2011 to 2018 show wealth between 17 and 30 million kroners – between 1,7 and 3 million pounds."

So there is a lot of things that needs to be pointed out here, but Ill just note down the basics of how you can be "in good financial standing", and still report a lower than you thought income or wealth.

The value of your assets is estimated at 30% of its actual worth by the Norwegian tax administration.

Investments in tradeable companies are heavily devalued on the tax filings by the tax administration, vs real value. This means that the investment is generally a lot more valuable than the tax authorities declare on paper.

Debt is nulled out vs fortune. For example if you have £1m in loans it cancels out your £1m cash reserve and gives you a net worth and annual income of £0 assuming you did not for example take out dividends or work that year.

Everyone, unless you are not right in the head, finance your purchases or investments with bank loans. You do not use your own dough to buy anything if you can avoid it. Use the bank. Hell, we have an example of this very thing with the owners of this football club, on a much larger scale. The principle is the same.

OGS's real wealth is at least 70% greater than what is stated on the financial documents, and that is the Norwegian Tax administrations own assesments. That means that OGS has declared property and assets valued at nearly £10m in actual market value at a wealth of 30m NOK. That's hardly hiding your money away declarations.

I wish I had more time, or will to get a bit more detailed into this because I just love how dishonest and reaching this entire piece is. Oh, OGS has ownership interests in 1 company in Norway, Grip Management AS that deals in property rental and aquisition. Last year they had a income of 4.4m and a taxable income of 500k~ NOK. https://www.proff.no/regnskap/grip-management-as/sandnes/eiendomshandel-og-utleie/IGAKLCM10MV/

Edit: It would have been sweet to see the documents they base their story on that they say are in their possession. Magically revealing them doesn't seem to be of concern to the author.

Edit 2: I found a couple articles detailing property purchases in Norway by OGS in 2010 and 2016 at around £2m total. These purchases would have been financed by bank loans, further devaluing his "net worth" on his taxes.

Last edited:

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I don't particularly like the sound of Solbakken, I don't particularly like the sound of Ole's Luxembourg and Guernsey connections but I think that's exactly the point of this article; mention some murky-sounding financial stuff most football fans don't know much about and don't like to dwell on while suggesting it's all inherently dodgy:

I personally like when a smear article shoots itself in the foot in the second sentence be declaring that its being entirely speculative.

I actually love this article, because it goes to such a length to find something illegal where there is nothing.

First of all, the company mentioned in the Article: "Dynamic Solution AS" does exist, altho in the Norwegian index registry there are 2 companies with the same name, which looks to be a mistake but nonetheless. i found the company that belongs to Solbakken.

The company in question has declared a very sizeable taxable income and revenue generated. That financial information is publicly available to anyone who wants to view it. AS stands for (Aksje Selskap - or Stock Company. Ie it's shares are tradeable on the open market if he company so wishes). The entity is regulated by the Norwegian tax authorities, but it's (unless outright fraudulent) completely separated from its owners in terms of legal and financial responsibility. The coimpany is its own entity.

Now with regards to the rest of the conspiracy theory in the article. Ole's "failure to declare his entire net worth as taxable income". There are a few tax rules regarding when you have to declare your assets in Norway. Firstly, what qualifies as taxable assets is subject to when it was aquired. For example OGS is not required to declare income on financial assets invested into a company. His finances are tied up in the company, but its the company that's on the line to declare its finances within its area of operation.

Managing your networth is something that everyone with money does. Nearly every single living person with a fortune of any size, plays the game of "How do i keep most of it". I have an investment company that I own 100%. I'm not rich, but I also own a company that does well and this allows me the comfort of being able to invest now and then. No one actively seeks out every chance to give away as much of their hard earned income as they can. What you do is you invest those money into available investments and use the magic of accounting to bring your net worth down to somewhere near 0. A fortune is idle money. All it does is sit still and collect poor interest in the bank. Sure you want some cash on hand, but not too much of it.

So in short, this article is accusing OGS of not letting his money live in the bank under his own person so he can tax most of it.

I should mention that nothing of this is "fishy" or even borderline illegal. It's simply called investment.

The Norwegian state have bilateral tax agreements with most states, they can be found here. https://www.regjeringen.no/no/tema/...eavtaler-mellom-norge-og-andre-stat/id417330/ - To avoid dobule taxation, you have something called tax-deregulations of things like income and property tax paid abroad that you can declare as "admissable" on your norwegian tax return.

I just finished reading this whole thing but Ill just avoid tearing my hair out and reply to this final bit:

"
“Not declaring all your assets can result in substantial penalty taxes. Tax evasion can result in fines or prison up to six years,” Jebsen writes in an email.

Solskjær’s tax returns for the period 2011 to 2018 show wealth between 17 and 30 million kroners – between 1,7 and 3 million pounds."

So there is a lot of things that needs to be pointed out here, but Ill just note down the basics of how you can be "in good financial standing", and still report a lower than you thought income or wealth.

The value of your assets is estimated at 30% of its actual worth by the Norwegian tax administration.

Investments in tradeable companies are heavily devalued on the tax filings by the tax administration, vs real value. This means that the investment is generally a lot more valuable than the tax authorities declare on paper.

Debt is nulled out vs fortune. For example if you have £1m in loans it cancels out your £1m cash reserve and gives you a net worth and annual income of £0 assuming you did not for example take out dividends or work that year.

Everyone, unless you are not right in the head, finance your purchases or investments with bank loans. You do not use your own dough to buy anything if you can avoid it. Use the bank. Hell, we have an example of this very thing with the owners of this football club, on a much larger scale. The principle is the same.

OGS's real wealth is at least 70% greater than what is stated on the financial documents, and that is the Norwegian Tax administrations own assesments. That means that OGS has declared property and assets valued at nearly £10m in actual market value at a wealth of 30m NOK. That's hardly hiding your money away declarations.

I wish I had more time, or will to get a bit more detailed into this because I just love how dishonest and reaching this entire piece is. Oh, OGS has ownership interests in 1 company in Norway, Grip Management AS that deals in property rental and aquisition. Last year they had a income of 4.4m and a taxable income of 500k~ NOK. https://www.proff.no/regnskap/grip-management-as/sandnes/eiendomshandel-og-utleie/IGAKLCM10MV/
Agreed. The bottom line is I automatically dislike asset management companies, agents, image rights and whatever else but have accepted they are all part of football, so unless there are crimes going on or Ole can be proven to be actively looking to use the club to enrich himself and his mate I'm not interested in any of this.

ReddBalls

What amazes me most is that people posing as United supporters are openly trying to smear the club's manager and a club legend with unsubstantiated claims not even regarding what he is doing at the club. Don't think he is competent? Fair enough, but someone who actually cared for the club would usually reply to stuff like this with hoping it's not true, not "LET'S GET THE feckER!!!!"

hobbers

I think all it really shows is that Solskjaer is such a poor draw for players that in desperate times his only sources are these two agents.

We wanted Haaland: Haaland didn't want to join Ole's doomed project. Panic stations: end up targeting a relegation-battling quality of player like Josh King because of agent links.

Expect the same in the summer if we go after the likes of Sancho and Maddison. Neither would want to come and we'll end up chasing equivalents who Ole already has some connection with.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
@Tom Cato

Like others have said here, I think this is more alarming for his time at Cardiff, where it really does look shite. But since you talk about those other clubs, I actually do think Barca have been pretty terrible in the market over the last couple of years. And I think that's pretty evident to the wider football community. I've no idea why Ighalo rejected a loan move there, we don't know the terms. And I do like that he's a die hard United fan. But the difference between ourselves and most other clubs is that we knew we needed attacking reinforcements back in March when Lukaku signalled he was off. So ample time to use the scouting network. I suppose it's a mix of general incompetence, lack of ambition and a manager having more say in things than suits a long-term approach, but we ended up with Ighalo. The fact we bid 20m for King, which would then mean we wouldn't be going for a serious striker in the summer, I find incredibly disappointing.

For me the narrative is somewhat like this: A club run by incompetent people, seriously reigning in spending after years or horrid financial mismanagement, hires incompetent manager with extremely limited appeal and reach. Leans on his reach due to austerity and this is the result. The Solbakken and Solskjaer narrative is another chapter, and like I said earlier, more alarming previously when he was able to buy loads of his players and hardly playing them.

"

Edit: It would have been sweet to see the documents they base their story on that they say are in their possession. Magically revealing them doesn't seem to be of concern to the author.
Cato strikes again!

First I thought this was bogus but then I saw your post and changed my mind. Where it's smoke...

::sonny::

Another reason why you shouldn't let a manager anywhere near your transfer budget.

I'm pretty sure Mourinho and Mendes have embezzled a decent amount of cash out of the clubs they've been at.
He wanted to sign Boateng for 50 million, Rakitic and sell Pogba and Martial