Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Jim Solbakken

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If any of those players scored the winner, and then later became our manager but were failing, you'd be spouting hate on them too. So it doesn't make a difference. Just say he's a shite manager no need to start wishing he never played for us or never scored important goals etc.
I don't hate ole. I just want to remove the single possible reason why he got the job for our sake and his sake.

JPB

I think a lot of you guys are flat earthers.

Oldham

The club tells you you have to play him and it's a "weak" decision from Ole? Have you seen the interview?
Well yes that sounds weak. He's the manager and without knowing how Molde operates I'd presume the manager would have a say in a situation like that. I'd be very surprised if Ole didn't have that influence at Molde when he was manager...
The logical explanation is he was fine with playing him (and make him captain the team for some games). From one interview I saw he hid behind the club's decision, when IMO he could have explained his reasoning in playing Sarr.
These are obviously not easy decisions if Sarr is innocent of course he should've played, but it seems he's not. Four rape allegations in Norway and a court ruling it very likely one of them happened...

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I heard this on the Transfer Window podcast - didn't know about it before. But apparently there was a story about this in the Norwegian press that Solbakken tried to get canceled (or an injunction, whatever legal instrument applies), but it's still there.

I think they said he bought loads of players in January for Cardiff when they were up against it, and they hardly played for the rest of the season. And they of course got relegated.

It's not in and of itself a bad thing to buy players represented by your own agent. I'm sure it happens a lot. Certainly has with Mourinho (Mendes). But Ole and Solbakken were business partners and then Ole had to sell his shares (according to Castles, which is probably according to the original Norwegian article).

The problem with this is that the level of players he's gone after who are associated with Solbakken or his business partners, is far below what a club like United should be trying to acquire. It doesn't have to be corruption - not sure why people are getting all sensitive here. It can also show that Ole hasn't got any serious reach when recruiting players and goes back to the average bunch he's connected to through a shared agent. Both Ighalo and King are in that network.

This thread certainly needs no justification.
As an emergency loan/eleventh hour deal. That part is critical to the context. We weren't in for these players in the beginning of the window. The club/Ole decided we needed someone in to ease the burden on our squad, and having good connections with both the player and their representatives, meant we could get the deal finalised quicker than we could if those lines of contact weren't established.

TRUERED89

I don't hate ole. I just want to remove the single possible reason why he got the job for our sake and his sake.
That's just wrong, he gave us and SAF a historic treble with his killer instincts (Cole, Yorke, Beckham etc probably would have missed that chance, Ole came on with fresh legs and slotted it home). He could get us relegated and i'd still never say "I wish he never scored that goal". He's a shite manager so far but his playing legacy shouldn't ever be attacked.

devilish

That's just wrong, he gave us and SAF a historic treble with his killer instincts (Cole, Yorke, Beckham etc probably would have missed that chance, Ole came on with fresh legs and slotted it home). He could get us relegated and i'd still never say "I wish he never scored that goal". He's a shite manager so far but his playing legacy shouldn't ever be attacked.
Its not wrong at all. If someone scored the goal instead we would still have our glorious treble but he would be our manager. Ole would be managing to his level successfully and we would have a manager who actually understands what management at this level means. That's a win win mate

DoomSlayer

The Caf is sinking to new lows. It's funny how emboldened people on the internet feel and the type of stuff they can write in the safety of their fake personas.

Giggsyking

So whys he still our manager if he's so abysmal? Who's fault is it? Solskjaer can be fired in the morning but Ole and woody are covering each others arses it seems.
Because we are so cheap that we dont want to pay him the rest of the contract and will wait until he lost 4th place. That and Ed is scared if he fire him all eyes will turn on him that he failed again.

bludsucker

Too much negativity and hate being spread around here. It’s ok to say you don’t rate the manager and the job he us doing here but to tarnish his reputation as a player and the personal nature of the attacks seems like on some other level altogether.

TRUERED89

Its not wrong at all. If someone scored the goal instead we would still have our glorious treble but he would be our manager. Ole would be managing to his level successfully and we would have a manager who actually understands what management at this level means. That's a win win mate
Ed would still get it wrong, Ole or not. Just look at the previous 3 idiots. Ole not scoring in 99' means we'd be competing with Liverpool right now does it ? Ed put Klopp right off with his retarded Disneyland sales pitch. So there's absolutely no guarantee that after sacking Jose he would have got it right. It's like Milan fans saying "Oh I wish Seedorf never helped us win 2 CL's as he was such a bad manager for us, and wouldn't have got the job otherwise ". Makes no sense, maybe you should stick with supporting Juventus, as your tag clearly says "used to support Man Utd"

fergieisold

Probably deserves a thread of its own in a Man United forum as it has on other non United forums such as reddit.

Not taking sides here just thought it deserves a thread of its own. Maybe any Norwegian posters on here know more.

Apparently Ole Gunnar Solskjaers agent is Jim Solbakken and Atta Aneke is Jim Solbakkens business partner.
At Cardiff Ole signed 7 players managed by Solbakken and at Molde he signed 6 players managed by Solbakken and 4 managed by Atta Aneke.
Josh King was a Solbakken client and Ighalo is an Atta Aneke client.
So he's signed players through good connections with certain agents? What's the problem? How many have we signed off Raoila and Mendes over the years?

devilish

Ed would still get it wrong, Ole or not. Just look at the previous 3 idiots. Ole not scoring in 99' means we'd be competing with Liverpool right now does it ? Ed put Klopp right off with his retarded Disneyland sales pitch. So there's absolutely no guarantee that after sacking Jose he would have got it right. It's like Milan fans saying "Oh I wish Seedorf never helped us win 2 CL's as he was such a bad manager for us, and wouldn't have got the job otherwise ". Makes no sense, maybe you should stick with supporting Juventus, as your tag clearly says "used to support Man Utd"
Maybe yes or maybe not but he certainly got it incredibly wrong with Ole. I have seen people calling him far worst things that I did. All I wanted is for someone else to score that goal so we remove the single reason why the guy got the job in the first place. Ole would still have got his medals, our club would still have its staggering success etc. The decision of giving the guy this job is ruining us, its ruining the chances of other legends of ever getting the job and is ruining his managerial career. Nothing good has came out of it.

Also Seedorf got the job for far worse reasons then Ole did. At least no one accuses Ole of screwing the old Malc daughter. ;)

Denis79

Have you?
"Klubben bestemmer hvem som blir signert, hvem som er spilleberettiget, så tar jeg ut et lag ut ifra det."

The club decides who is signed, who is eligible for play, so I pick a team from that.

The poster I answered to said the club forced Ole to play him, which is not true.

Last edited:

TRUERED89

Maybe yes or maybe not but he certainly got it incredibly wrong with Ole. I have seen people calling him far worst things that I did. All I wanted is for someone else to score that goal so we remove the single reason why the guy got the job in the first place. Ole would still have got his medals, our club would still have its staggering success etc. The decision of giving the guy this job is ruining us, its ruining the chances of other legends of ever getting the job and is ruining his managerial career. Nothing good has came out of it.

Also Seedorf got the job for far worse reasons then Ole did. At least no one accuses Ole of screwing the old Malc daughter. ;)
What did Seedorf do ? He obviously got the job for being a legend ? But Milan fans never stooped as low as we seem to be doing ?

Also I doubt any of our legends will ever get the job, maybe Giggs but that is an extremely long shot! They've all been shit managers, the one's that have tried it. So cant say Ole is ruining another legends chances.

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
He keeps mumbling about culture and all the kind of crap that has nothing to do with our current situation while asking for time. On what basis exactly? Sure he inherited a weak squad but its not as shit as he portray's it to be. FFS this squad with all its 'deadwood' got to 2nd place not that long before. Were are we and his 'hardworking' squad are at the moment? We're now 7th after enduring the worst start since 1989.

Sure, the club is a mess at board level. His very appointment is a clear testament to that. However let's be real here.

a- He was the guy who blew 130m on 2 decent but far from world class defenders which meant that there was no money left for midfield
b- It was his decision to trim the squad to the ridiculous because he believed the kids were ready. Some of the deadwood he got rid off were good (ex Smalling and Lukaku). Some weren't and the most expensive of those is set to return and 'prove us wrong'
c- It was his decision to run the likes of Rashford and McT to the ground and to play Pogba in a meaningless game against Rochdale that broke him again. That's because most of the kids he thought they were ready (Periera, Garner, Chong, Gomes etc) weren't ready at all.
d- Everything from our poor coaching especially when dealing on set pieces, our poor tactics and our inability to win games is on him and the 'brilliant people' he surround himself with rather then the board

And yes, I wished that someone else would have scored in the CL of 99. That would have meant that he would be managing clubs of his own level rather then learning the trade with us.

You keep using condescending and belittling words and descriptions.

Anyways :

You say this squad managed 2nd place. They were not in that state when Ole took over and you know that. Players can get worse from season to season. So can the chemistry and motivation of the squad.
I myself believe that the Squad is still not good enough, but that the composition of the squad and the type of players that has been added is a big step in the right direction.

a) Ole wanted midfielders as far as I can remember, do you have any reason to suggest he did not want any or that the club did not try to get any? Imo defence was sorely lacking quality and I am very happy for both McGyver and Wallbissaka.

b) Buying young talented hungry players was the plan, yes. Due to the fact the plan was a 3 year rebuild plan! So there was never any chance of competing top 3 this year AND doing the plan. TTT. Things take time.
How can you say Ole got rid of Lukaku? Lukaku wanted to go, not the other way around. Also Smalling and him returning and proving anything is pure speculation. You also do not mention the other players leaving. Herrera wanted to go and would not be pursuaded, Sanchez was shite etc.

c) His deciscion to run Rashford and McT to the ground? Rashford had a fracture in the back due to a knee ramming him there, he was not out due to tired muscles. It was an accident. Also, McT was out due to a knee injury, not due to being played to much. There was a tackle if I remember correctly? Maybe we should not play football at all, dangerous eh? Also, again, the plan was to REBUILD correctly but if you think Ole did not want more players in I think you are wrong. But he does not decide everything, the whole club knew they needed players, he got 0 last January, 3 in August. All managers in the world want to shop as many great players as they can but they do not decide the budget and players all alone. Ole has a history of buying many players pre-MU, and rotating players. You will see that next year when the Squad is more complete.

d) Poor coaching? Have you visited the training grounds and watched what they are doing? Do you have any certificates to claim such things so boldly? How could he outwit Pep, Poch, Klopp etc then? And how could he beat Sevilla etc with small Molde if he was a tactical moron? Of course he has made mistakes but you keep exaggerating so much it get a tad silly. Myself I think he has gotten a lot correct, but have some poor subs from time to time. Also, you see that he is experimenting some with formations, propably due to the team not being able to play in the way he wants to do full-time when we get the midfield good enough to break down bad teams that park the bus, and due to the fact that going gung-ho against Liverpool etc. might backfire strongly. You must be realistic. We are not in a place to dominate every team yet, and we do not have the players with the creative level on midfield needed, partially due to Pogba being out. Many players Ole has coached have talked highly of him. Haaland has thanked him also. But you know better than them I guess.

The thing is, you wishing Ole never scored in 99, like that was the only thing he ever did for the club.. Search for Solskjaer all goals manchester united on Youtube.. And this also, shows the short term thinking you have. Everthing has to be great NOW. or else.. this is not how thinks works. If you mess upp a club really bad, it takes time to get back on track. There is no guarantee in PL, the worlds best league, that you run over other teams like in the 90's with the golden generation back then. Football has evolved and the level is higher overall. There is no Quick Fix.

Well thats it for me. have a great day.

Gasolin

Well yes that sounds weak. He's the manager and without knowing how Molde operates I'd presume the manager would have a say in a situation like that. I'd be very surprised if Ole didn't have that influence at Molde when he was manager...
The logical explanation is he was fine with playing him (and make him captain the team for some games). From one interview I saw he hid behind the club's decision, when IMO he could have explained his reasoning in playing Sarr.
These are obviously not easy decisions if Sarr is innocent of course he should've played, but it seems he's not. Four rape allegations in Norway and a court ruling it very likely one of them happened...
There is a question in his interview where he is asked: But what do you think? And he says, well, he's just another player like Haaland (who was next to him), and I am asked to play with those players... if you think that's the sound of a manager who would have a say... well we are going to say you decided to create an issue out of nothing just to blame Ole.

Gasolin

Club made him eligible for the squad, they didn't tell Ole anything. Ole can still choose not to play him. Have you read the article?
The interview pointed out in this thread shows Ole is asked why Sarr is still playing and he said the club asked to keep him playing.
And when he is pressed for his own opinion, he just says that for him, it's another player, and he is asked to play with those players so that's what he does.

So for you, Ole, when asked by the club to keep Sarr in the team, should just try to not play him? Based on something else than football reasons?!?

Gasolin

"Klubben bestemmer hvem som blir signert, hvem som er spilleberettiget, så tar jeg ut et lag ut ifra det."

The club decides who is signed, who is eligible for play, so I pick a team from that.

The poster I answered to said the club forced Ole to play him, which is not true.
Alright, the club instead of suspending the player told Ole you need to keep him in the team. And now, when the club tells you the player is eligible to play (no reason to exclude him, despite the trial), you, as the manager, are going to say "well, I don't like his face, he's out of the team" and expect that to be the norm?

Naive question. Let's replace Sarr with Ronaldo. Would you keep Ronaldo out of the team when the club tells you he should be eligible to play?

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I’m “Ole Out” (whatever the feck these groupings mean) but there seem to be a ton who’s just waiting for any reason to have a go at Ole - not bothering understanding or fact checking etc.

It’s all a bit weird tbh. A United legend - who has his shortcomings as a manager (in my views anyway) - so criticize him for that, without trying to insinuate agent corruption/tax evasion schemes etc.

Every manager has close ties to agents in football - & in basically every other line of business (network is king). When Ole starts signing Solbakken players for United - who are not good enough for the club....then I’ll start questioning his sanity/relationship.
It's very weird. There is nothing wrong with wanting Ole out but this is going a bit too far. Not sure why we have to resort to sensationalist character assassinations to express the dislike of a player/manager. Some of the posts in this thread are really embarrassing.

Last edited:

devilish

What did Seedorf do ? He obviously got the job for being a legend ? But Milan fans never stooped as low as we seem to be doing ?

Also I doubt any of our legends will ever get the job, maybe Giggs but that is an extremely long shot! They've all been shit managers, the one's that have tried it. So cant say Ole is ruining another legends chances.
Well according to rumours Seedorf did more then that. Silvio was swayed by his daughter Barbara whom not only got Allegri sacked but went on championing Seedorf cause to become Milan's next manager. The girl fought tooth and nail for him, even though it had resistance from the club including that of good old Galliani who was the viceboss & Berlusconi's long term friend. Many wondered why Seedorf took the job despite having zero management experience and so much resistance from the top people at Milan. Galliani might not have been the owner but he had power and influence as our good old Woodward did with more trophies to show. Then rumours started coming out that maybe Barbara took her relationship with Seedorf to the next level in the same way she did with Pato when he was still on Milan's payroll. These rumours grew and grew up until it hit mainstream media and was picked up by gli autogol who are a strong satirical group in Italy with links to players and coaches (they made youtube videos alongside the likes of Papu Gomes, Immobile, Allegri etc)

Of course Barbara always denied it. There again! The only thing that keeps me going is that no matter how low we had fallen we've yet to hit AC Milan's lows.

Oldham

There is a question in his interview where he is asked: But what do you think? And he says, well, he's just another player like Haaland (who was next to him), and I am asked to play with those players... if you think that's the sound of a manager who would have a say... well we are going to say you decided to create an issue out of nothing just to blame Ole.
Yeah I saw that one...
As I said I find it hard to believe he didn't have a say in that issue regarding the player. But obviously I don't know more about this case than I could read in Norwegian media and it's an assumption on my behalf. I'm not really blaming him or Molde, I assume their presumption is Sarr didn't do what he was charged for (although the court said he most likely raped her).

Paul_Scholes18

It's very weird. There is nothing with wanting Ole out but this is going a bit too far. Not sure why we have to resort to sensationalist character assassinations to express the dislike of a player/manager. Some of the posts in this thread are really embarrassing.
It is a strange time to bring these stuff up now. It did happen roughly 1-1.5 years ago so before we got him as our manager. Would have made more sense to talk about it then.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Im confused, what exactly is this about?

1. Ole and Jim Solbakken, who are friends yes, but how is that relevant? Its not like we have signed anyone of his clients. AFAIK Solbakken is THE agent in Norway, but again i dont see how that's relevant for us?
2. Something about a Molde player that had rape charges against him? I dont get it
3. Something about tax evasion?

Is this connected somehow?

TRUERED89

Well according to rumours Seedorf did more then that. Silvio was swayed by his daughter Barbara whom not only got Allegri sacked but went on championing Seedorf cause to become Milan's next manager. The girl fought tooth and nail for him, even though it had resistance from the club including that of good old Galliani who was the viceboss & Berlusconi's long term friend. Many wondered why Seedorf took the job despite having zero management experience and so much resistance from the top people at Milan. Galliani might not have been the owner but he had power and influence as our good old Woodward did with more trophies to show. Then rumours started coming out that maybe Barbara took her relationship with Seedorf to the next level in the same way she did with Pato when he was still on Milan's payroll. These rumours grew and grew up until it hit mainstream media and was picked up by gli autogol who are a strong satirical group in Italy with links to players and coaches (they made youtube videos alongside the likes of Papu Gomes, Immobile, Allegri etc)

Of course Barbara always denied it. There again! The only thing that keeps me going is that no matter how low we had fallen we've yet to hit AC Milan's lows.
Woah, that's a bit mad. Obviously being a legend helped him get the job though not just banging Barbra :lol:. But even so, back to the original point; Milan fans weren't saying "We wish he never helped us win the CL so he wouldn't have the manager job now". That would be totally out of order.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Im confused, what exactly is this about?

1. Ole and Jim Solbakken, who are friends yes, but how is that relevant? Its not like we have signed anyone of his clients. AFAIK Solbakken is THE agent in Norway, but again i dont see how that's relevant for us?
2. Something about a Molde player that had rape charges against him? I dont get it
3. Something about tax evasion?

Is this connected somehow?
The accusation is that Ole is a dodgy guy who's dodging tax and favouring his friends and they're all trying to get rich together at the expense of our club

bludsucker

It is a strange time to bring these stuff up now. It did happen roughly 1-1.5 years ago so before we got him as our manager. Would have made more sense to talk about it then.
It feels like there is a motivated campaign going on against him and the club in general. Looks like the media are smelling blood and looking for another manager being sacked so they can churn out their stories and get their clicks. Also doesn’t help this being the PL’s first winter break of sorts so no actual football stories.

devilish

Woah, that's a bit mad. Obviously being a legend helped him get the job though not just banging Barbra :lol:. But even so, back to the original point; Milan fans weren't saying "We wish he never helped us win the CL so he wouldn't have the manager job now". That would be totally out of order.
Well they probably say they wish he didn't banged Barbara instead which considering how beautiful she was at the time is pretty much like scoring in the CL.

NotThatSoph

I posted it in the post you quoted (for the record I used the Google Translate chrome extension)
https://www.nettavisen.no/nyheter/i...--vi-har-valgt-a-stole-pa-ham/3423524548.html

So it seems the case was still ongoing and the club (the CEO confirms this) chose to play him. The player was acquitted but the judges ruled he was more likely did it than not (which is extremely weird IMO). He was released by mutual consent in the next transfer window.

I'm still failing to see what is damning. Maybe it's just the evil American in me, but if I was acquitted of criminal charges and my employer immediately fired me for these charges, I would sue the pants off them.
It's not that weird. Damages are decided by preponderance of the evidence, while criminal punishment is done beyond reasonable doubt. The court decided the evidence showed that he probably raped the woman, but they couldn't prove it beyond reasonable doubt. Two different burdens of proof, one of them was met.

Sarr was made to pay damages, the criminal case was still open, and he had several other rape allegations against him as well. Molde as a club chose to both make him available to Solskjær and to back him, that's on them. Solskjær chose to play him and back him, that's on Solskjær.

Because of the direct and calculated actions of Molde FK and Jim Solbakken this rapist will avoid punishment. They helped him escape one month after Solskjær left for United, so there is no need for him to have been involved with that part of the story.

Reactions: Invictus
I originally thought he was just a true professional who was not motivated by the money here, only the love of the club. Fair to say that was a bit naive :wenger:

His golden boy image is fading.
The agents invovled in his transfer deals at Cardiff and Molde is easily attainable information in the public domain, not some clandestine conspiracy.

90 + 5min

Too much negativity and hate being spread around here. It’s ok to say you don’t rate the manager and the job he us doing here but to tarnish his reputation as a player and the personal nature of the attacks seems like on some other level altogether.
I was writing little bit about this in ”should we sack Ole”-thread. I can’t comment on things I don’t know but it is clear as day that some of the people are trying to get at Solskjaer one way or another. It is not about football and being coach. It is getting almost personal. Such a shame.

Denis79

The interview pointed out in this thread shows Ole is asked why Sarr is still playing and he said the club asked to keep him playing.
And when he is pressed for his own opinion, he just says that for him, it's another player, and he is asked to play with those players so that's what he does.

So for you, Ole, when asked by the club to keep Sarr in the team, should just try to not play him? Based on something else than football reasons?!?
I don't care either way tbh, play him or not just said he wasn't forced to play him like you stated. As a manager he chooses the first 11. Club made him available yes, but Ole decided who would feature in the match-day squad.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
It's not that weird. Damages are decided by preponderance of the evidence, while criminal punishment is done beyond reasonable doubt. The court decided the evidence showed that he probably raped the woman, but they couldn't prove it beyond reasonable doubt. Two different burdens of proof, one of them was met.

Sarr was made to pay damages, the criminal case was still open, and he had several other rape allegations against him as well. Molde as a club chose to both make him available to Solskjær and to back him, that's on them. Solskjær chose to play him and back him, that's on Solskjær.

Because of the direct and calculated actions of Molde FK and Jim Solbakken this rapist will avoid punishment. They helped him escape one month after Solskjær left for United, so there is no need for him to have been involved with that part of the story.
Solskjær isn't a lawyer, nor qualified to make moral judgments on an open legal case he has no idea about, and he was employed by a club whose CEO made a public statement stating the player would be "relevant for the team going forward".

Some of you have utterly unrealistic expectations for football managers and seriously overrate the power they hold.

mu4c_20le

And so you'd rather go back two decades in time and change history, rather than removing the man who appointed him. Top red.