Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: I'd rather have a hole in Man Utd squad than 'an a***hole'

SweetRightFoot

I feel like if there's no Corona Lukaku would have sent a subtle response to this in his celebration or interview. The man is petty.
It must be him. Smalling was loaned because He wanted to play, Sanchez was loaned because We had younger players and need to get rid of him, Fellaini was sold because Fellaini but He was mostly calm despite being a target of abuse, Lukaku on the other hand must have had conflicts with the players who didn't like Jose. He was the teacher's pet.

Matic was also Jose's favorite but it's hard to imagine him being an arselicker like Lukaku. Lukaku's attitude was always like "grow some balls man and just do it" but He did nothing of importance himself. He's that kid who would remind the teacher if there's a homework so He gets into the good book.
Yeah it's undoubtedly a reference to Lukaku and a warning to Pogba. Paul is, by all accounts, a big character in the dressing room, well liked by the players and fans but does need a kick up the ass in regards to decision making on the pitch and in the media. Lukaku was pretty toxic, you could see how the players started turning against him on the pitch. Towards the end of his time here I remember players like Rashford and Pogba refusing to pass to him as they knew he'd fluff it. Paul pretty much brought him to United (Agent P) but got visibly exasperated with him on the pitch a few times, especially when he was throwing his arms around or calling for a pass but not moving to the ball.

Could also be a warning for Sanchez if he comes back, get your head down and work hard or train with the kids.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Yeah it's undoubtedly a reference to Lukaku and a warning to Pogba. Paul is, by all accounts, a big character in the dressing room, well liked by the players and fans but does need a kick up the ass in regards to decision making on the pitch and in the media. Lukaku was pretty toxic, you could see how the players started turning against him on the pitch. Towards the end of his time here I remember players like Rashford and Pogba refusing to pass to him as they knew he'd fluff it. Paul pretty much brought him to United (Agent P) but got visibly exasperated with him on the pitch a few times, especially when he was throwing his arms around or calling for a pass but not moving to the ball.

Could also be a warning for Sanchez if he comes back, get your head down and work hard or train with the kids.
It has nothing to do with Pogba, but nice try.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Nice try? Bizarre. It's a comment about his squad so it relates to all the players, or is Pogba beyond reproach for you?
It's a comment about players that are no longer on the team, you can also maybe assume he's talking about potential transfer targets. One thing for certain is that it has nothing to do with Pogba if you just read his quotes. So I guess the better question is why even bring up Pogba's name into this when Ole's been nothing but complimentary about him? It's just not original, it's the low hanging fruit of caf analysis about the team, somehow Pogba is involved in anything negative around here from people who don't interact with him on a daily basis and when the cameras aren't around, but those who do at the club rave about him as a player and person.

No one is beyond reproach for me, but you're just so off-base and unoriginal in your analysis that I didn't feel like it deserved any more explanation than my original comment. It's nothing against you personally, but it's just exhausting to have to read the amount of nonsense people write about Pogba.

Last edited:

croadyman

Just been listening to something and gotta agree that Ole shouldn't have said we would take advantage of the market

MAME DIOUF 32

Whether or not Ole is the man to ultimately get the best out of what we've got is a whole different question but I think in making characters like Maguire, Williams, McTominay, Fred, Bruno and Rashford central to the squad he's set us up for something different to the last few years. I think those are the kind of players who play like they'd sooner give up football than leave a blade of grass uncovered to try to win a game and they'll get more out of their team mates.

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
I agree with what he says. You never want a "bad apple" in his team. It's also the main reason Inter got rid of Icardi and I'm happy with it.

So far Lukaku has been great for Inter and is well-liked. Obviously I have other issues with him playing wise but attitude wise he has been great. Of course it could have been different at Manchester first him.

SteveW

I agree with what he says. You never want a "bad apple" in his team. It's also the main reason Inter got rid of Icardi and I'm happy with it.

So far Lukaku has been great for Inter and is well-liked. Obviously I have other issues with him playing wise but attitude wise he has been great. Of course it could have been different at Manchester first him.
It seemingly was different. He was a stone overweight throughout, sulked about having to play on the wing at times and seemingly wanted out from early on.

He's an interesting character. My personal sense is that he is a bit more insecure than he lets on. He talks a big game but seems pretty sensitive to criticism. He didn't really handle the pressure and perform when he was here. When his confidence dips he can turn into a pretty useless footballer. Which us odd considering his top level is so high.

I think there's probably a bit less scrutiny and expectation at Inter. I'I'dimagine its a better fit for him.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

If Inter had Jose and He was Jose's fave and Inter went on to sack Jose and brought in another manager with a different approach, I'm sure Lukaku's situation at Inter would be similar to United's. The managerial change put him in a very awkward situation. Ole and Phelan were never keen on a striker of his type. His team mates don't like him and there's no big daddy anymore to praise and talk big about Lukaku. Regardless if you are a well-liked personality in general, this is a very bad situation to be in, career wise. If someone used to be a teacher's pet in contrary his peers, where They are mostly against the teacher, when They teacher left, the pet is fecked.

Last edited:

POF

It's a comment about players that are no longer on the team, you can also maybe assume he's talking about potential transfer targets. One thing for certain is that it has nothing to do with Pogba if you just read his quotes. So I guess the better question is why even bring up Pogba's name into this when Ole's been nothing but complimentary about him? It's just not original, it's the low hanging fruit of caf analysis about the team, somehow Pogba is involved in anything negative around here from people who don't interact with him on a daily basis and when the cameras aren't around, but those who do at the club rave about him as a player and person.

No one is beyond reproach for me, but you're just so off-base and unoriginal in your analysis that I didn't feel like it deserved any more explanation than my original comment. It's nothing against you personally, but it's just exhausting to have to read the amount of nonsense people write about Pogba.
You may be correct but I wouldn't take Ole's comments on United players as gospel. He announced that Sanchez would come back and surprise everyone next season and that he wanted Lukaku to stay. From the moment Ole joined the club you could tell that both players were on the outer. There is zero chance of Sanchez playing for United again under Ole.

Pogba is a £100m+ asset. Of course Ole is going to talk him up. Doing anything to jeopardise his resale value would be complete stupidity.

Whether or not Ole is the man to ultimately get the best out of what we've got is a whole different question but I think in making characters like Maguire, Williams, McTominay, Fred, Bruno and Rashford central to the squad he's set us up for something different to the last few years. I think those are the kind of players who play like they'd sooner give up football than leave a blade of grass uncovered to try to win a game and they'll get more out of their team mates.
Completely agree with this. 6 months ago there wasn't a single good candidate for club captain at United. Now, you can see a group with excellent character and with a number of players with genuine leadership potential.

If Ole accomplishes nothing else, he has done an amazing job in transforming the mentality of the squad. He deserves huge credit.

ostentatious

Don't know if this has been posted before – if not, it would be better if someone could start a new thread:
https ://www .youtube.com/watch?v=N85DcESSoV4

It is a 40 minute–long interview of Ole's done on May 26.

red thru&thru

Don't know if this has been posted before – if not, it would be better if someone could start a new thread:
https ://www .youtube.com/watch?v=N85DcESSoV4

It is a 40 minute–long interview of Ole's done on May 26.
Good watch that.