Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's interview

JustAGuest

It's really fecking not. I'm sure they can all find a way to shut their mouth and walk the walk first.
I'm sure Ole wouldn't mind skipping all interviews and press conferences, especially while the team is losing this many games. Every manager is expected to do this stuff when asked for it. If you want to be miserable over each interview he does, then go for it. There will be more to come.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I’ll be happy when he’s gone. There’s no inbetween or hypotheticals. He’s a boarderline Championship manager doing a championship manager job.
It must be hard being so used to success that you're completely unable to support the team when they are struggling. Seriously, if you can't get behind the team when results are not going their way, you have no business getting behind them when they are winning.

Mainoldo

It must be hard being so used to success that you're completely unable to support the team when they are struggling. Seriously, if you can't get behind the team when results are not going their way, you have no business getting behind them when they are winning.
Yeah yeah something like that. If it makes you feel like a better fan than me because you don’t want the best for your football club. I don’t mind. It’s like when we all applaud Roy Keane for telling Cara to do one when he was talking about Liverpool’s nearly men. I just have the same mentality when supporting my club. Keep your soft belly mentality. It stinks.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Yeah yeah something like that. If it makes you feel like a better fan than me because you don’t want the best for your football club. I don’t mind. It’s like when we all applaud Roy Keane for telling Cara to do one when he was talking about Liverpool’s nearly men. I just have the same mentality when supporting my club. Keep your soft belly mentality. It stinks.
I don't think I'm better than anyone. I'm merely pointing out that you take the good and the bad. You obviously want to only stand behind them when they are winning, and you will curse and yell and blame everyone when they lose. We're different people, which is fair enough.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Shut the feck up, Just shut the feck up and stop talking and work more.
You do realise he’s in a MANDATORY press conference?

what is wrong with you guys, you’ve all lost your heads. I really don’t think supporting football is good for your health

MisterLupus

Ermm. Tell me where I said that genius?
Wasn't hard - in fact you did so in the very post I quoted even:

I’ll be happy when he’s gone.
Ole being gone = we've failed once more. Ole failing means the club's failing. You being happy that Ole fails = you being happy the club fails. I actually am a genius by the way both certifiable and proven so - but it doesn't take much more than the wits of a fairly average toddler to make that connection so it's actually quite impressive how hard you've failed.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

what is wrong with you guys, you’ve all lost your heads. I really don’t think supporting football is good for your health
I don't get people going mad at him answering questions in a mandatory interview. Do they expect him just to sit there and say nowt?

fallengt

I love double standard. Klopp got Liverpool, a team wasnt his, to Europa league final in his first season but yes "he was a Fraud"
Ole struggled to beat Astana and he's building a culture.

I'm just tired of these non sense interviews. Ole said "football is easy" when you have good players like Rashy, Lingard etc..when he first came here and now it's a "multi seasons project". So which is true?
Anyway we don't need to hear it, just show us evidence on the field.

JustAGuest

I don't get people going mad at him answering questions in a mandatory interview. Do they expect him just to sit there and say nowt?
Or if he starts avoiding all interviews etc because the team is in bad form, what signals does that send? Do we want a manager who hides from the press when put under pressure?

Adam-Utd

It feels like we’ve got a lot of toxic fans that just can’t be happy with anything. They’ve decided ole is the bad guy now so whatever he does it’s wrong. Same sort of treatment pogba gets, it’s absolutely bonkers.

All of us want to see us win and do well, but sitting online slagging him off is just sad.

Mainoldo

Ole being gone = we've failed once more. Ole failing means the club's failing. You being happy that Ole fails = you being happy the club fails. I actually am a genius by the way both certifiable and proven so - but it doesn't take much more than the wits of a fairly average toddler to make that connection so it's actually quite impressive how hard you've failed.
He’s failing anyway I’m just a realist. Either way at some point he will fail big enough for us to sack him. I just hope we don’t pursue with him based on our yo-yo performances. He’s not good enough and this has nothing to do with how successful I want the team to be. Abit like Mourinho finishing second and me not liking where he was taking our club.

Mainoldo

It feels like we’ve got a lot of toxic fans that just can’t be happy with anything. They’ve decided ole is the bad guy now so whatever he does it’s wrong. Same sort of treatment pogba gets, it’s absolutely bonkers.

All of us want to see us win and do well, but sitting online slagging him off is just sad.
Well if the board did there job like their little PR statement said when Mourinho got sacked we wouldn’t be angry at a club legend. But instead of evaluating the manager position they gave it to a rookie because he was saying all the right things.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It's just that they are so desperate now that they don't even think.

There are few posts in this thread i think which said "i don't care about his interviews" and thats posted in the thread that is dedicated for his interview.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Don't think you know what toxic means.. Herrera left because he was demanding figures close to Sanchez. That signing alone made our dressingroom toxic. We were doing well under Mourinho until Sanchez's signing made the whole dressingroom pull apart....

You probably think 'toxic' means 'bad behaviour'.. I am talking about the dressingroom losing it's togetherness because the players were all signed for different managers and different styles on all sorts of bizarre contracts. It meant the dressingroom was split/splintered...

Totally the fault of Ed Woodward.

But something he has realised is NOT the way to get a club back to the top.. so he hired a young manager who will SLOWLY regain an identity at the club; has got rid of those on stupid contracts and those demanding stupid contracts and splitting the dressingroom - and now we ALMOST have everybody in it together. It will take time - maybe three more years - for this to come to full fruition... so pipe down with the negative attitude; realise that if you were a United fan in 1988 you would have wanted Fergie out the door and if you were a United fan in 1951 you would have wanted Busby out the door; get your self some patience (I don't know; can you do Yoga, do a meditation class) and give Ole your full support.
The amount of mental gymnastics people will do to make their point :lol:

If you think players demanding more money breed toxicity in the dressing room, then I am afraid there are lot of 'toxic' players still in the dressing room. Negotiations with De Gea camp went for a while. Want to know why? Because he wanted parity with Sanchez wages, and that's what he got in the end with his new £375k a week deal. Rashford when negotiating his new deal wanted parity with Lukaku was on £200k a week, and that's exactly what he got in the end. But you already know this and your original point doesn't make a lot of sense.

Ole sold those players because they didn't fit into his 'ethos, principles, vision' whatever. The only player he was keen on keeping was Herrera, but he was long gone by then and preferred a better club with a better salary.

He has made decisions early on his reign which would be akin to popular opinion of many Utd fans. Fellaini received dogs abuse from the day he stepped his foot in, because he wasn't a 'United midfielder'. Same with Lukaku, as he wasn't a 'United striker' due to poor touch. Fellaini played just 30 minutes under Ole before being binned in the January window. Rashford was promoted to be #1 striker at the club immediately as Lukaku was dropped to the bench. After a good run of form, he made his way back into the XI which included three braces in a week including one away at PSG. But one sitter missed vs Arsenal the following week, he was dropped again. Let's not pretend standards were same for everyone, the leash for certain players was much much shorter compared to others.

All players which we've let go both on loan/permanent (with exception of Herrera) were because their roles were marginalized under Ole. Normally, this shouldn't come as a surprise because every manager prefers certain set/types of players but the problem with us has been, we never bothered to replace the players which we let go and kept players of much much worse quality than their loaned/sold counter-parts.

He'sRaldo

As I said before, if he starts winning again, even if he says the exact same words as before, they will be well received.

His only problem now isn't what he says, it's simply that he isn't getting results.

Last edited:

Eric7C

So you think if Ole acts like a lunatic on the touchline, Pogba will score his penalties, De Gea won't make a goalkeeping error, Scott McTominay will play a match winning through ball like Paul Scholes?

What do you want him to do substitute himself on and score a 92nd minute winner?
Strawman.

Eric7C

What is this right kind of personality? Again you are linking results with personality. If Pep fecks KdB's wife, does that mean he has right kind of personality considering he is the best manager in the world?

Personality is different from ability. You are mixing them up.

He can inspire players, motivate them but when he can't coach the players and get what he wants from them then it all counts for nothing. Right now you are coming to conclusion that he can't inspire, motivate based on results when it could easily be the problem with his coaching.
In a job in which you run a team, your personality, the way you transmit your ideas and whether you can be stern and encouraging in the right measure depending on the situation is quite important. Ole says as much whenever he refers to Fergie.

But nevermind, we don't have to agree.

SAFMUTD

Reality is,

he has done exactly as 99% of our supporters have asked...

1) Removed deadwood - He's done more with the squad in 9 months (ONE Transfer window) than Jose did in 2 and half years (5 Transfers windows) for god sake!
2) Promoted and involved youth, Heavily!
3) Addressed key areas in our defence.

You're not one for giving patience clearly cause as I've just proven matter of fact he is doing what was asked of him but because we aren't Barca circa 2008 he has to go?
1) First we would need to agree which players are deadwood. It’s clear Valencia, Darmian are in that category. But Fellaini, Herrera, Smalling, and even Alexis are very debatable.

Getting rid of players without any replacement it’s not a great idea, Im all in for letting go Darmian and Smalling go since we got replacements in AWB and Maguire. But all the midfield and attack was left paperthin because “he got rid of the deadwood” now we are forced to start a 17 year old Greenwood in attack and play in midfield with Pereira and Lingard because we have no other alternative.

2) Promoted and involved youth heavily? He has give only a couple of chances to Greenwood, a few minutes to Chong and Gomes just got his first minutes last week. He plays with his starting XI of already consolidated/not young players. LVG started Rashford and Mourinho McTomminay so Id say Ole is more talk about youngsters than real action.Im not saying he doesn’t support youth but highlighting the youth as an important part of his work seems odd, he’s like any other manager in that aspect.

3) I agree on this, defense was a disaster, but so we are at RW where we haven’t had a proper winger in God knows how many years and left the midfield and attack really fragile. IMO I think we have a weaker squad than last season.

All we ask is steady progress and a clear style, under Ole we haven’t showned neither. Besides counterattacking we don’t seem to train anything at all.

TRUERED89

Sounds like propaganda in case we get smashed by Arsenal. feck that shit. This is no different to Moyes.
Interesting point, he seems to be doing that a lot atm. With the whole "you can lose to anyone in this league" malarkey..

Gasolin

:lol: you're right, that was a silly syllogism but it is one that could be done based on what he wrote.
Glad to see we have real geniuses in this forum.

I for myself am scared to death today but hope we can bag a win.

beer&grill

Most of the players that Ole brigade calls trash are better players than Ole is as a manager, but somehow it’s fine to hit the players while remaining a true supporter when making excuse for a norwegian league standard manager, but when people slate the manager, and rightly so, are labelled as fake fans. Aren’t these double standards?

TRUERED89

Lampard has been there a whopping 9 feckin games man!

If Ole's start is roundly mocked / ignored and put down to "new manager bounce" then why isn't Lampards?

Lets see where he is come the end of the season cause defensively they are woeful and they still have a lot of issues across the park and started their CL campaign with a loss.

Chong has played 3 times for the senior side...three... here you are praising Lampard for 9 games but saying Chong's career is over after 3?

Again, you're an embarrassment and clowns like you make me ashamed to be a United supporter.
Think you won that one! ;)

Steerpike

In essence, you are implying it doesn't matter how shit the manager is, we must simply keep him to continue the rebuild so we don't come across as the club that sacked it's fourth manager in about 8 years. You are more interested in keeping a manager because we tried other methods before and also bcos he is a rookie and a club legend who you automatically assume will come good. This is the difference between clubs like Barca, Bayern, Real and us. We are one bunch of sentimental fans. We really like to make the club appear special and different whereas we are regressing but at the same time stuck to old times. Modern football has moved on from Manchester United and unless we roll with the times, we are going to sink even further.
What I'm saying is that changing the manager (again!) isn't the answer, and will most likely achieve very little. There's a lot of work to be done to transform the club into one capable of challenging for the big prizes, and I'm satisfied that progress is being made even if this isn't yet evident from results on the pitch. There is also a lot more work to be done.

Whether we like it or not, we are a long way off the likes of Liverpool and City right now, and it will take time to close the gap. In the meantime, we need to get a better balance in the squad by continuing to recruit the right sort of players, and continuing to move on those who aren't going to get us to where we want to be. Ole has done some good work in this area, and in truth has achieved more in his short tenure than his three predecessors did in 5 and a half years. We also need to improve our structures behind the scenes, and again things have been happening.

As fans, we are impatient and want to see things move on more quickly, but Ole faces a big task which has basically been neglected for years. Changing a manager who has already shown a determination to make the changes happen will, if anything, just slow things down.

As for the difference between Barca, Bayern, Real and us, the strength and depth of the opposition they face in their leagues is a more relevant factor.

Kemizee

What I'm saying is that changing the manager (again!) isn't the answer, and will most likely achieve very little. There's a lot of work to be done to transform the club into one capable of challenging for the big prizes, and I'm satisfied that progress is being made even if this isn't yet evident from results on the pitch. There is also a lot more work to be done.

Whether we like it or not, we are a long way off the likes of Liverpool and City right now, and it will take time to close the gap. In the meantime, we need to get a better balance in the squad by continuing to recruit the right sort of players, and continuing to move on those who aren't going to get us to where we want to be. Ole has done some good work in this area, and in truth has achieved more in his short tenure than his three predecessors did in 5 and a half years. We also need to improve our structures behind the scenes, and again things have been happening.

As fans, we are impatient and want to see things move on more quickly, but Ole faces a big task which has basically been neglected for years. Changing a manager who has already shown a determination to make the changes happen will, if anything, just slow things down.

As for the difference between Barca, Bayern, Real and us, the strength and depth of the opposition they face in their leagues is a more relevant factor.
Alright. Fair enough. I hope for the best. I really wanna see us get back to challenging for the majors.

Kemizee

I'm sorry mate I can't take you serious. To me - this is how a child argues. You're pretty much saying "This is fact because reasons I've fabricated - and it doesn't matter what you or anyone says it's just bla bla bla and also you're sheep". I really can't be bothered repeating myself to every knee-jerking delusional simpleton on this forum though - so I'll just elaborate through a couple of quotes I feel to be spot on in regards to why a lot of us think dismissing this project at present is way premature - and also why making Ole out as some clueless amateur or presenting our current development as if nothing's changed since he took over downright moronic:

And this (much better than mine to be honest):
Time will tell whose view is correct. No denying that. Give it up mate! Nothing will make me more excited than see us getting back to where we belong. Whether he is the right man or not remains to be seen.

MrSingh2002

Interesting point, he seems to be doing that a lot atm. With the whole "you can lose to anyone in this league" malarkey..
Yeh and he doesn't truly believe that himself. After any win he gets as carried away as anyone and talks a great game. Then as soon as we lose it's back to managing expectations. We've seen this before.

TRUERED89

Yeh and he doesn't truly believe that himself. After any win he gets as carried away as anyone and talks a great game. Then as soon as we lose it's back to managing expectations. We've seen this before.
Yep with Gollum ‘The Wrong One’ :lol:.

Eriku

Too much time on your hands Adam? I keep seeing you trying to stem the tide all over the place :lol:

I can’t help myself at times, but it’s been a while since I’ve had your persistence.

Do know I appreciate you and the few other people trying to provide some balance.

Adam-Utd

Too much time on your hands Adam? I keep seeing you trying to stem the tide all over the place :lol:

I can’t help myself at times, but it’s been a while since I’ve had your persistence.

Do know I appreciate you and the few other people trying to provide some balance.
A week off work and lots of bones to pick! Not sure why I’m bothering tbh it’s like talking to rabid zombies

Adam-Utd

I feel ya. Hard not to scratch that itch, but I find I never come away from it feeling better.
The problem is I don’t blame people feeling bad right now as let’s be honest it’s an awful situation. I just don’t see where we go if we sack ole now/soon.

what other managers out there? what plan do we follow? Woodward and ole have obviously got some sort of idea the direction they want to go, do we rip that up and start again?

the players on the pitch need to buck their ideas up as well, this was a match we should have won. Individual errors let us down again.

Eriku

The problem is I don’t blame people feeling bad right now as let’s be honest it’s an awful situation. I just don’t see where we go if we sack ole now/soon.

what other managers out there? what plan do we follow? Woodward and ole have obviously got some sort of idea the direction they want to go, do we rip that up and start again?

the players on the pitch need to buck their ideas up as well, this was a match we should have won. Individual errors let us down again.
We know his signings have been on point, and that he’s doing important work in terms of clearing out deadwood. And I love that he’d rather go a bit bare into this season rather than signing someone he doesn’t reckon is fit for purpose, or whose head’s not in it for the right reasons. It seems obvious to me that even if we don’t get a shot at top 4, we’ll be better for it in the long run. Screw papering over the cracks.

He might not be fit for restoring us, but the basic rebuilding he’s doing now is selfless and necessary, IMO, and I think it’s obvious that we’re better off letting him carry on rather than someone more concerned with their own reputation beating Woodward over the head saying he needs the tools to succeed in the short term, possibly stacking up our wage bill and list of complacent squad member and bringing us back to where we were.

I second the notion that the players bear a great deal of responsibility too. We seem to have a real hard time picking and timing our passes in the final third.

JamesCurran

You’re right it doesn’t make a difference at all.

It’s not just criticising him for his awful & boring football this season it’s end of last too. We have no identity, wake up!

You’re not being a top fan by accepting a mediocre manager who would struggle to get a Championship job, you’re harming the club by tolerating this
We had one of the most successful managers of all time in the post prior and it was the exact same. You can't blame the manager
Strawman.
Okay if he makes "animations" United are going to play better, you should have been a comedian