Ole has no system that I can see ..... or do I just need better glasses?

Lee565

Imagine Mourinho parking the bus like this?
It's true, not only would the fans be on his back but also pundits but ole always seems to escape the same criticism?

We look like 11 individuals on the pitch, not a team at all.

NoLogo

Brighton completely played us of the pitch today. What saved us was the fact that they don't have the individual quality we have, which would be surprising given how much our squad cost compared to theirs, doesn't change the fact that they played miles better as team.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Everyone is happy we won. No one wants the manager sacked for the sake of it. Can you honestly tell us we look an organised team under Ole?
Yes I’m perfectly happy with my manager and have 100% faith in him. Unlike fans who want to self sabotage the club. State of youse

Suedesi

Is this good enough? Is it feck?

Defending for dear life like a relegation team against the ropes for large chunks of the game, getting lucky to get anything out of the game and making fecking Brighton look like prime Barcelona!

3KDré

Yes I’m perfectly happy with my manager and have 100% faith in him. Unlike fans who want to self sabotage the club. State of youse
What are you on about? People who disagree with you want to self sabotage the club? You didn't answer my question either, do you think we look like an organised team under Ole? D

Hoof the ball

Right, before anyone does the inevitable and comes in here with the ridiculous rhetoric of we need better players, please consider that we do not need better players to play well versus a team of inferior individuals. Brighton are a team of inferior individuals, fact. No facht. There's only one way a team of inferior individual talents outperform a team of greater talents, and that's coaching quality and direction. Their players knew where to be and when to be there. They knew how to overload and then make the switch across to Troussard. That is pre-planned, rehearsed in training and perfected in-game. Show me the overload and switches in our team. Show me the occupation of horizontal and/or vertical lines to provide passing options when under pressure. Show me clever channel runs versus an opposition that is pinned back. Where is it? Because I can tell you where it was today.......it was in Potter's lesser quality side.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Why can't we defend the back post? Surely Ole can put in a word.

hobbers

The system is the same as it's always been. Rely on individual brilliance from the front 5. Rely on penalties. Rely on sheer luck at the back.

Ludens the Red

What are you on about? People who disagree with you want to self sabotage the club? You didn't answer my question either, do you think we look like an organised team under Ole? D
Wum surely? I don't believe that you think all that what are you saying lately
Yeah, United fans are furious because United won :houllier: . That comment is...i don't know how to decribe stupidity of that comment.
Lads, don’t rise to it. He’s been a shambles of a poster all summer.

Alexit

He's definitely clueless when it comes to systems/tactics etc. But it also makes you wonder what the coaching staff is doing with these guys.

hungrywing

Swap the managers for today's game and the result wouldn't even be close.

He has a system, only thing is most managers in the PL have better ones, he's just blessed with a really good first 11.
Right, before anyone does the inevitable and comes in here with the ridiculous rhetoric of we need better players, please consider that we do not need better players to play well versus a team of inferior individuals. Brighton are a team of inferior individuals, fact. No facht. There's only one way a team of inferior individual talents outperform a team of greater talents, and that's coaching quality and direction. Their players knew where to be and when to be there. They knew how to overload and then make the switch across to Troussard. That is pre-planned, rehearsed in training and perfected in-game. Show me the overload and switches in our team. Show me the occupation of horizontal and/or vertical lines to provide passing options when under pressure. Show me clever channel runs versus an opposition that is pinned back. Where is it? Because I can tell you where it was today.......it was in Potter's lesser quality side.
It's like having one of the better cars in the race and then a not-quite-good driver.

Arka_BleedingRed

Why is our board so inept and reactive? Why can't we for once get an capable manager who can actually coach players to play proactive football?

roonaldo78

Did you have the same faith in Moyes, LVG and Mourinho? Perhaps we were wrong to fire Moyes and should have let him continue for five years.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
You can at least admit you're wumming. Surely you know that all those posters criticizing Ole on here feel that his presence is holding the club back - and thus sabotaging the club, to put it in your words. Do you really think simply insulting them will go anywhere? You could at least engage with their arguments. (Which admittedly there aren't many on the last few pages, but they are supporting the many longer posts on the pages before.)

Untd55

We are in for a really rough year. Going to have to hope that Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Wolves, and Leicester drop a lot of points because we are going to need it.

We are officially a counter-attacking team. Zero chances created until we parked the bus and attacked, creating a couple of chances.

We conceded possession and 18 chances against Brighton. But Progress...

Feed Me

I'm hungry
We definitely don’t have a system. We wait for individual players to produce two or three moments per match, and it’s largely nothingness in between those moments. We routinely get bested, performance wise, by teams whose talent levels are well below ours.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
You can at least admit you're wumming. Surely you know that all those posters criticizing Ole on here feel that his presence is holding the club back - and thus sabotaging the club, to put it in your words. Do you really think simply insulting them will go anywhere? You could at least engage with their arguments. (Which admittedly there aren't many on the last few pages, but they are supporting the many longer posts on the pages before.)
I want quantitative evidence Ole is sabotaging the club. I’ve asked for it for months in this thread and none of you Einstein’s can provide it.

there is no argument to have with them. They are self saboteurs who revel in moaning and enjoy destroying the club.

Ludens the Red

Yup...

Hoof the ball

I want quantitative evidence Ole is sabotaging the club. I’ve asked for it for months in this thread and none of you Einstein’s can provide it.

there is no argument to have with them. They are self saboteurs who revel in moaning and enjoy destroying the club.
Where's this notion of sabotage coming from? My understanding is that most people believe that the coaching quality isn't sufficient in quality and direction. This is, of course, not the same as blatant sabotage. Not being good enough isn't tantamount to intentional sabotage. You either can get your playing style across to your team, or you can't. If it takes a team of world-class talents to make the clock tick then there's obvious questions going to be raised about quality of coaching when lesser teams manage it with poorer players.

Great, we won, etc. But what the feck do we do in training all week? We seem to have played the same game every match since the Southampton game.

yfoFC

I find myself agreeing with the OP more and more with each passing game..

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
we are delaying the inevitable with him. I will also say he does not deserve to be spending money based on maguire/james/awb. Bruno although overhyped is his only success so far.

Eplel

What's with people suggesting that criticism means you're against the club?

LoneStar

Even if he gives a bit of leeway for attack, surely need to coach the defence properly? Today was utter shit.

AWB was bad, but the tactics fecked him over. I don’t think he kept coming central over and over again if it were not instructions.

We should easily be controlling games against lower teams without the need for Sancho or Mbappe in front.

el3mel

Don't think at this point any one would change his opinion about Ole, so better things at this and let the future to decide. For me overall he's not a good enough manager for us long term but he has done some positive things in the market. I'm going to wait and see how this season folds. If he does well, great. If it's another too 4 struggle and trophyless season, we can always hire Poch next season as I think he will still be free anyway.

So let's wait and see.

soapythecat

Blowing a £100m on Sancho won’t improve this team much. It’s clear as day our management and coaching staff are not up to it. We have so many talented players who are putting in 5 or 6/10 performances.
We will get bummed by a side full of quality.
I’d swap Ole for Potter any day of the week. Might even consider a swap with Brian Potter too!