Ole hasn't lost the players

alexthelion

as proved by tonight.

At least they still seem to be supporting the manager, unlike a lot of no-name internetters on here.

matt23

Yeh and we're still shit most of the time. Briliant

Anustart89

Could also be that they had a point to prove having been booed off by the notoriously loyal OT crowd at half time.

This is basically Ole in v out in another dress.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
To be really honest I think they were playing for the team more than anything. Imagine enduring another Thursday night of Europa football? It’s nauseating for us fans what more the players

Fooza

If we lose against Liverpool

"Ole has lost the players" and the cycle continues

Dominos

Do you recall us being 2-0 down to Newcastle and coming back to win 3-2 under Mourinho? A few weeks later he was sacked.

The team spirit is still there. Tactically we're a mess and will continue to be, and even if the players like Ole I don't think they trust he knows what he's doing.

Fooza

To be really honest I think they were playing for the team more than anything. Imagine enduring another Thursday night of Europa football? It’s nauseating for us fans what more the players
I agree, Ronaldo was playing his socks off tonight to stay in CL and win it rather than having Ole and his job safety on his mind.

Sviken

There's no such thing as "losing the players". No player is going to go out with the intention of losing. They might be less motivated, but they won't purposefully throw a game. Whether Ole has lost the players or not is something only they know.

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
He definitely has not lost the players as in they still play full out and are putting in the effort, I don't think the effort is our problem. I think its concentration

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
These players want to win the CL.
This. He hasn’t lost the dressing room. He hasn’t found his best 11. It’s mixed signals from him to the players. His subs saved us again. I dunno…. I desperately want him to succeed but I can see us getting a hiding on the weekend. It’s so naive, wasteful, overproduced, sloppy. Lazy…

then when we start winning our 50/50s and putting the ball forward early and fast we can beat anyone.

Confusing. It’s not all on Ole

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
He's not lost the players in as much as they're still ready to graft, but I doubt they're turning cartwheels about the tactics. They too often descend into gesticulating, shouting and shrugging and the goals we've given away this season have almost all been diabolical from a positioning point of view. A well-drilled set of players who know their roles don't tend to do those kind of things in most matches as far as I'm aware.

Still, the players are still fighting, which counts for a fair amount in my book.

passing-wind

I also personally don't think Ole has lost the players rather he's unable to utilise them effectively. The only thing that is going to keep Ole in a job next season is consistency he has to build from this scrappy result.

Liverpool is a totally different test, imo Solskjaer is predominantly a conservative manager so when the emphasis is on the team to defend he should set them up more efficiently to counter. It's the only identity I've seen that Ole has had success with. He's no good when the team have possession, can't break down defences and is useless in attacking phases but very good at organising a counter attack.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
There's no such thing as "losing the players". No player is going to go out with the intention of losing. They might be less motivated, but they won't purposefully throw a game. Whether Ole has lost the players or not is something only they know.
Did you bring up this point in the "Ole has lost the players" thread?

el3mel

The players play for themselves. Always have been always will be. It was the same under the previous 2 managers as well.

telstar96

I don't get this Ole has 'lost the players' narrative. The one big positive Ole has brought to the club has been man management and making the players happy again after a miserable time under Jose. A lot of players have praised him on his man management so this has never been an issue.

Rather, the issue has been the tactics which in my opinion Ole falls short on massively and ultimately will probably be his downfall. The players can be super motivated, but against the top sides, a team with no clear strategy will fall short.

I really like Ole, and you have to commend him for steadying the ship and getting us back on the right path. However, I think taking us to a league title and beyond is definitely a step too far for him. Saying this, I've always believed his deficiencies shouldn't overshadow the good things he's done at United, just more of eye opener of what it takes to win as a manager.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
He is a nice guy That will not ruffle any feathers. I don’t ever see him losing the players. He will leave or get sacked gracefully because we decide to adopt a higher standard and the players will have a dinner party with him. I feel like even DvDB will attend that party even though his career has been going backward since joining us.

Sviken

Did you bring up this point in the "Ole has lost the players" thread?
I don't know. But take for example - Pogba. I don't think he is very happy that Ole is the manager, but he'd put in a shift regardless. Players want to win. Period. If they find a manager incompetent, they'll lose confidence and motivation, but they won't lose on purpose or anything. So it's not really surprising that the players tried to win the game. I'd think they'd do everything in their power to progress in the CL regardless of who is the manager. But what I can be certain of is that they didn't do it for Ole.

Murray3007

Same happened with us under Jose, players showing a bit fight after being booed at half time, players will no his time is all but up, more then likely a lot of there futures at United as well.

tomaldinho1

I'm waiting to make the "Ole might have lost the players" thread.
What was that thread last year that kept being updated? "I apologise for apologising" or something like that, ended up being a triple or quadruple apology :lol:

Wilt

as proved by tonight.

At least they still seem to be supporting the manager, unlike a lot of no-name internetters on here.
Rubbish, no player wants out of the CL no matter what they think of the manager.

Who the hell would want to play in the EL?

shahzy

as proved by tonight.

Here's one of the furthermost top reds. Comes out after weeks of shite performances to defend the honour of top reds worldwide

AFC NimbleThumb

Whether they’ve won at United or not the squad is full of winners. They spent the first half going through the motions against an inferior opponent & we boo’d off at half time. The second half we threw on more attacking talent & beat down a 2nd string defence.

If Ole was truly captivating the team we wouldn’t be so shite so often. Prose kicked in big time in the 2nd half.

Blood Mage

They are playing to avoid Europa League football as a third straight season of that would be just as depressing for the players as it would be for us. Our performances in the league will continue to be abject I imagine.

wise_old_man

He is a nice guy That will not ruffle any feathers. I don’t ever see him losing the players. He will leave or get sacked gracefully because we decide to adopt a higher standard and the players will have a dinner party with him. I feel like even DvDB will attend that party even though his career has been going backward since joining us.
Underrated comment. :lol:

RedDevilQuebecois

as proved by tonight.

Until we start going on a roll of successive wins, I'm not sold yet. Call it the cynicism that goes with history, but we have seen a similar comeback against Newcastle delaying the inevitable on Mourinho's fate.

SAFMUTD

We have some players that won't lower their guns no matter what, players such as Cristiano, Bruno, Rashford, McTominay they don't strike me as the type of players that would stop fighting.

But make no mistake, we won tonight despite Ole not thanks to him. This type of results are really exciting but only show the level that we could reach with proper coaching.

The talent in the squad is unbelievable, how many teams have the quality on the bench to sub players such as Pogba, Cavani and Sancho? Let alone three.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
It's a CL group game. Even if Ole has lost the players, they would still like to stay in the competition, in case another manager comes in. Like the Lampard Tuchel transition