Ole is unhappy that we haven't bought a CM

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Even after witnessing the shower of shit he's serving while managing us(spending half a billion and with top players at his disposal), its certain that "back Ole blindly" narrative has clouded your judgement.

I guess people are welcome to keep their heads buried in sand!
Maybe if you care to read my latest post you'd probably eat your words.

But I guess that may be to hard for people who want to snap straight away :lol: :lol:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Maybe if you care to read my latest post you'd probably eat your words.

But I guess that may be to hard for people who want to snap straight away :lol: :lol:
Didn't really need to tbh but I still did and I wasn't surprised to see things that could have only been pulled out of thin air.

Lingard never expressed desire to leave, in fact several stories came out regarding Lingard wanting to stay at United and prove himself. The fact that Ole said he wasn't for sale may well have had something to do with Lingard not wanting to leave
So why is he rejecting the contract extensions?

Can you tell caf what else is happening inside the club since the way you post suggests that you know everything going on the club?

Champ

Didn't really need to tbh but I still did and I wasn't surprised to see things that could have only been pulled out of thin air.

So why is he rejecting the contract extensions?

Can you tell caf what else is happening inside the club since the way you post suggests that you know everything that's going on there?
:lol: righto.

He's hasn't officially rejected anything as yet, he did before the season started as he wanted game time promises, which Ole offered him, which led to him rejecting advances from West Ham.
He hasn't had that game time so hasn't signed as yet the new deal offered, but there's time for him still to sign.

That clear enough for you mate? :D

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

He's hasn't officially rejected anything as yet, he did before the season started as he wanted game time promises, which Ole offered him, which led to him rejecting advances from West Ham.
He hasn't had that game time so hasn't signed as yet the new deal offered, but there's time for him still to sign.

I could do with some more bs posts from you honestly. Good for the laughs.

Rajma

No shit. I’ve said at the beginning of this transfer window that we need at least two midfielders. We should have pushed Pogba and DvB out both for extra room and funds. Instead we bring Sancho and Ronaldo without a slightest clue on how to get the best out these two. Amateurs.

Champ

I could do with some more bs posts from you honestly. Good for the laughs.
Going to be honest here, not really looking for acceptance from you really...

Your entitled to believe what you want and have your own opinions, I'm not here to change them.

Jeffthered

Entirely his own fault.

If he wanted a midfielder so badly, why did he bring in a fourth goalkeeper, refuse to let VdB or Martial leave on loan, make promises to Lingard so he would turn down offers to stay at the club, and offer Mata a new contract for literally no reason?
Absolutely. This is his team now, and he has shown his judgement in the transfer market, and in the management of existing players. He can't blame anybody else at all.
In fact, such comments and observations really do not help him at all....

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Things are starting to get ugly and messy. Hope Ole resigns and leaves with his dignity intact. Loved him as a player and it would be a bonus if his legacy at United wasn’t entirely tainted by his overwhelmingly mediocre stint as manager.

Ole’s acquisition of VDB continues to be one of the more baffling signings we’ve had when one considers how little he has actually played.

SungSam7

Didn't Fergie play and beat Arsenal with no CM's back when beating Arsenal was a challenge? Its what great managers do, they make use of what they have and get on with it, let the skillset make up for the quality on the pitch.

Kurton

Great, why did Ole make promises of game time then? Perhaps if he had said you are not gonna have much game time, Lingard might have gone to West Ham. Either way Ole doesn't come out looking good, does he?

Waiting for more mental gymnastics...

Kurton

Could he? Do any of us have any idea how our transfer process works or what happened behind closed doors?
Then Ole should get 0 credit for the improvement in squad quality. Can't have your cake and eat it.

Champ

Great, why did Ole make promises of game time then? Perhaps if he had said you are not gonna have much game time, Lingard might have gone to West Ham. Either way Ole doesn't come out looking good, does he?

Waiting for more mental gymnastics...
Why should Ole have given him more time? He promised him game time to keep him, doesn't mean he has to give that game time if other players are offering more or suit the team better at that moment.
Also, we are 8 games into the league season, plenty of game time available.

Never understand this notion of fans not wanting to keep good players around as squad players.

How's that?

AndySmith1990

Why should Ole have given him more time? He promised him game time to keep him, doesn't mean he has to give that game time if other players are offering more or suit the team better at that moment.

Never understand this notion of fans not wanting to keep good players around as squad players.

How's that?
We're stacked in attack and Lingard is surplus to requirements. It doesn't take a genius to identify him as one of the players we could've sold to help fund a signing of a midfielder.

I've never understood fans who are happy to stockpile mediocre players like Mata and Lingard and simply pass it off as having squad options. Firstly we don't have an unlimited number of places in the squad as we have to register them. Secondly we're wasting wages and any potential money from their sales when we would benefit far more by getting rid and strengthening weaker areas.

Kurton

How's that?
No, point here is Ole could've sold Lingard to make funds available to get a DM which he is pinning his shortcomings on, not advocating to give more game time to Lingard. Surely there are enough attacking options (even before Ronaldo) to make do without Lingard to add much needed quality in midfield. So why did he promise him game time?

Try again..

Cloud7

Could he? Do any of us have any idea how our transfer process works or what happened behind closed doors?
The transfers during this time have been held up as one of Ole's biggest achievements while he's been here. So which is it then?

Jackal981

Please don’t use silly nicknames.
Every manager in this world would be thankful and delighted with the window we have and this gollum has the nerve to complain :lol: . Dont forget there is 40m sitting in the bench.

NK86

A manager changing the story on a player rejecting his club ... who'd have thought :lol:
Lingard never expressed desire to leave, in fact several stories came out regarding Lingard wanting to stay at United and prove himself. The fact that Ole said he wasn't for sale may well have had something to do with Lingard not wanting to leave, but again that doesn't fit with the way a lot of people on here think.

Donny had Everton in for him, so yeah we found a club, but only on loan. No one wanted to buy him outright. And that loan would benefit no one.

I feel you have let your anti Ole sentiments have clouded any sense regarding this situation we are in.
Seems like everyone stated that we should have brought a CM, yet when Ole states this it's all his fault, despite the complete lack of obtainable options based on what the recruitment team found.
Just seems like another thing to beat Ole with despite it not really being Oles fault. Like everyone has entered some mad frenzy of Ole bashing and ignoring any sense or realism.

Don't get me wrong, Ole is underachieving right now, but some posts on here are beyond comprehension!
Have you heard Lingard or Ole say that Lingard rejected West Ham? Moyes came out and categorically state that. You think Moyes would put Ole's name in a comment without the chance of it exploding in his face if he was lying.

I have no negative sentiments towards Ole. I just think he is a poor manager and needs to be relieved from his role as our manager. We all know we need a midfielder but that is not a silver bullet solution. Also, he could have easily gotten a midfielder instead of going for another winger on the left and those two kids from last season. You talk as if our requirement for a midfielder is something which was sprung up on him after the Leicester game.

PieCrust

Don't feel bad for Ole at all. He's made some appalling decisions, re-signing Mata, trying to convince Lingard to stay, blocking DVB & Martial loan/transfer moves, and to a lesser extent extending Bailly (I would have been moderatly ok with this one, but I guess he can't even get in front of an injured and out of form Maguire). These are all players that have zero future at the club and are eating up both wages and roster spots that could be better used on areas to strengthen namely DM and CM and RB. Why is Jones still here? Why does Matic start games? Ole doesn't know what to do with Pogba, but he's desperate to sign him to an outrageous contract. Why are se spending 10's of millions of pounds on youngsters that don't even make the bench but then ignore a player like Camavinga that could improve us right now? Yet we will persist making a player like McT a regular starter who on his best day is nothing more than a decent squad option. Baffling.

I don't believe that a club the size of United cannot scout and find players that fit our profile, both prospects and established players, but it actually seems all we did was call up WHU and inquire about Rice, got quoted a price tag that laughed us out the building, then didn't target another single player all summer.

Champ

Have you heard Lingard or Ole say that Lingard rejected West Ham? Moyes came out and categorically state that. You think Moyes would put Ole's name in a comment without the chance of it exploding in his face if he was lying.

I have no negative sentiments towards Ole. I just think he is a poor manager and needs to be relieved from his role as our manager. We all know we need a midfielder but that is not a silver bullet solution. Also, he could have easily gotten a midfielder instead of going for another winger on the left and those two kids from last season. You talk as if our requirement for a midfielder is something which was sprung up on him after the Leicester game.
Obviously you havent read any of my other posts in this thread?!

Why would Moyes state that Lingard rejected West Ham, that would for sure blow up in his face, Lingard wanted to stay, he was given a promise of game time, he could still yet sign a new contract as the offer is there.

Champ

No, point here is Ole could've sold Lingard to make funds available to get a DM which he is pinning his shortcomings on, not advocating to give more game time to Lingard. Surely there are enough attacking options (even before Ronaldo) to make do without Lingard to add much needed quality in midfield. So why did he promise him game time?

Try again..
Because he's a good player, who offers a lot when he plays? Because he'd just come off a superb back end of the season with West Ham? Because he is a different option to several of the other attacking players we have?

Take your pick really, we will be hopefully playing a lot of games this season, we need a large squad with options and rotation, makes sense to keep good squad options around.

Yes, you make a good point that we could have sold him to get funds for a CM, yet the figures proposed by West Ham were low, and again Lingard showed no appetite to leave.

Champ

We're stacked in attack and Lingard is surplus to requirements. It doesn't take a genius to identify him as one of the players we could've sold to help fund a signing of a midfielder.

I've never understood fans who are happy to stockpile mediocre players like Mata and Lingard and simply pass it off as having squad options. Firstly we don't have an unlimited number of places in the squad as we have to register them. Secondly we're wasting wages and any potential money from their sales when we would benefit far more by getting rid and strengthening weaker areas.
Good job you are not United manager if you think Lingard is mediocre, that current England international player.

He's a brilliant squad option, and again, he showed no appetite to leave and the figures being offered were low, instead we sold James for more money, someone who was willing to leave.
Even had we sold Lingard, there were no options viable at a decent price.

Champ

Why do we all assume that Ole’s solely in charge of our transfers?
we have a recruitment team, headed mainly by Murtough.

I think most on here would realise this, I'd hope anyhow!

NK86

Obviously you havent read any of my other posts in this thread?!

Why would Moyes state that Lingard rejected West Ham, that would for sure blow up in his face, Lingard wanted to stay, he was given a promise of game time, he could still yet sign a new contract as the offer is there.
Why would Moyes say specifically that Ole said he won't sell. He could have said anything including how they could not reach an agreement with the club or the player. He was absolutely specific about his conversation with Ole on this.

Besides the point actually. Ole could have actually prioritised a CM instead of a million wingers. He didn't and he cannot complain now when the club have spent half a billion during his reign here.

Kurton

Because he's a good player, who offers a lot when he plays? Because he'd just come off a superb back end of the season with West Ham? Because he is a different option to several of the other attacking players we have?

Take your pick really, we will be hopefully playing a lot of games this season, we need a large squad with options and rotation, makes sense to keep good squad options around.

Yes, you make a good point that we could have sold him to get funds for a CM, yet the figures proposed by West Ham were low, and again Lingard showed no appetite to leave.
He came back off a superb season, that in itself is a reason to sell him if as its been clear he's not going to play much. How many squad options does Ole need while Martial, DvdB, Sancho, Mata can't get much gate time. Why make false promises? Ole should have known he'll not be able to give game time to so many attackers.

You are only going to get what a buyer is willing to, his price is not going to go up by keeping him and not playing. Lingard had no appetite because of Ole false promises like you just wrote a few posts ago.

MrSingh2002

On paper maybe. All excellent players of course, but only Varane was positionally a priority position. Lots of fans and pundits alike were crying out for a central midfielder in the summer, I felt and still think we need two (maybe even three considering who we need to move on). So signing Sancho when we already have Greenwood and ROnaldo when we already have Cavani....doesnt reall solve the gaping problem we have in midfield it only slightly improves what we already have.
I was happy with signing Sancho as thought we would get to see Greenwood given chances up front, ROnaldo signing has scuppered that this season but was desperate for us to sign one of a myriad of good yougn central midfielders out there. This window is already looking like what it did to those without rose tinted glasses, a galatico one that bar Varane, didnt solve our major short term problems
Everyone wanted a right winger too and we got one.

He cant cry about not having having world class player in every single position. He has to show his value too as a coach.

AneRu

He has a veto on players but he doesn't decide the add ons or transfer fees. No one is debating whether he was against bringing Pellistri and Diallo in.
Honestly speaking you are clutching on straws mate, he has a veto and he should use it if the financial implications of that signing affect the next signing or a more important signing. Sixty of seventy million was totally wasted last summer possibly because he was too busy being a chummy yes man to the suits to the detriment of the team.

Imagine, if we had spent 60m on a CB in the summer of 2020 would we have failed to sign a DM plus Sancho last summer? The issues have caught up with him and that includes spending absolute fortunes on Maguire and AWB who have their own physical and technical flaws.

These things always add up unless one is working for an oil club. You can't throw away 70m on a couple of kids and a midfielder you don't trust whilst ignoring key parts of the team (CB/DM) and be surprised when such wasteful Ness catches up with you.

AneRu

So without Ole's game time assurances Lingard probably leaves for West Ham, right? The same Ole who couldn't buy a midfielder because he couldn't sell off players was offering game time promises to a player who had just impressed away from loan and who would have brought in a substantial fee to help him buy the midfielder he needs?

Make it make sense, please. Ole encouraged Lingard and now the latter is running down his contract when he could have moved as he had suitors but we are supposed to pity him when he was busy shooting himself in the foot.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Honestly speaking you are clutching on straws mate, he has a veto and he should use it if the financial implications of that signing affect the next signing or a more important signing. Sixty of seventy million was totally wasted last summer possibly because he was too busy being a chummy yes man to the suits to the detriment of the team.

Imagine, if we had spent 60m on a CB in the summer of 2020 would we have failed to sign a DM plus Sancho last summer? The issues have caught up with him and that includes spending absolute fortunes on Maguire and AWB who have their own physical and technical flaws.

These things always add up unless one is working for an oil club. You can't throw away 70m on a couple of kids and a midfielder you don't trust whilst ignoring key parts of the team (CB/DM) and be surprised when such wasteful Ness catches up with you.
Im clutching at straws but you've just plucked a random figure out the air on what was wasted on a couple of kids.

Do some research on the upfront fees for these two and come back to me.

Champ

So without Ole's game time assurances Lingard probably leaves for West Ham, right? The same Ole who couldn't buy a midfielder because he couldn't sell off players was offering game time promises to a player who had just impressed away from loan and who would have brought in a substantial fee to help him buy the midfielder he needs?

Make it make sense, please. Ole encouraged Lingard and now the latter is running down his contract when he could have moved as he had suitors but we are supposed to pity him when he was busy shooting himself in the foot.
What makes more sense than Ole wanting a strong squad?
There wasn't a realistic target for the CM role, so Lingard getting us £18m wouldn't have made any impact to that at all.

Not sure what doesn't make sense about that to be honest with you? :houllier:

DomM

There must be at least 50 better midfielders than McFred in England alone, Ole saying we couldn't get one is utter drivel, we could easily get at least 1 midfielder if he wanted one, instead he put his priorities elsewhere and we are left with the same problem we have had for around 5 seasons.

devilo

No shit. I’ve said at the beginning of this transfer window that we need at least two midfielders. We should have pushed Pogba and DvB out both for extra room and funds. Instead we bring Sancho and Ronaldo without a slightest clue on how to get the best out these two. Amateurs.
Agreed. Neither Pogba or DvB are CMs. Pogba should have been moved on years ago when Real were interested and he and his agent were making noises about leaving.

Despite some recent improvements, questions still need asking about our overall recruitment policy, as the CM issue should have been addressed in the last couple of windows as a priority. Instead we've got £40m DvB who the manager clearly doesn't fancy, a now worthless Pogba who seems unable to provide a consistent performance in any position and a luxury item in Ronaldo who appears to be affecting the balance of last season.

Whatever anybody thinks about our current manager's abilities, he isn't at fault for everything. Some of this is still a symptom of our structure and ownership.

the chameleon

He came back off a superb season, that in itself is a reason to sell him if as its been clear he's not going to play much. How many squad options does Ole need while Martial, DvdB, Sancho, Mata can't get much gate time. Why make false promises? Ole should have known he'll not be able to give game time to so many attackers.

You are only going to get what a buyer is willing to, his price is not going to go up by keeping him and not playing. Lingard had no appetite because of Ole false promises like you just wrote a few posts ago.
I think this Chump poster is a planted WUM.

AneRu

What makes more sense than Ole wanting a strong squad?
There wasn't a realistic target for the CM role, so Lingard getting us £18m wouldn't have made any impact to that at all.

Not sure what doesn't make sense about that to be honest with you? :houllier:
Getting £18m for Lingard plus £30m for James gives you £45m and if you cant get a better player that McFred for £45m then you have serious problems. A squad is only as strong as its weakest link and having Lingard to come on for ten minute cameos isn't the definition of a strong squad, it's basically stockpiling players for no sensible reason especially when you are negating another important part of the team.

We have Bruno, Pogba, VDB, Lingard and Mata for the no. 10 role and take a look at our CM options - only Matic, McT and Fred are realistic options. Selling one no. 10 and bringing in a journeymen midfielder who can do the basics that Fred and McT struggle with makes more sense than sacrificing a whole season because there were no obvious options.

Ole is clearly waiting for the more obvious option in Declan Rice but he runs the risk of not surviving long enough to be able to make the signing.

AneRu

Im clutching at straws but you've just plucked a random figure out the air on what was wasted on a couple of kids.

Do some research on the upfront fees for these two and come back to me.
Maybe after you upgrade your comprehension skills first and learnt the meaning of 'on a couple of kids and a midfielder he had no intention of using'.