Ole is unhappy that we haven't bought a CM

HJ12

If Ole's unhappy with the midfield he should tweak the formation...this 4-2-3-1 will get him sacked. There's enough quality in the squad to be able to control games more. It's his job to sort it out.

jesperjaap

Everyone wanted a right winger too and we got one.

He cant cry about not having having world class player in every single position. He has to show his value too as a coach.
Yes of course wanted a right winger and personally Greenwood moved up front which Ronaldo changed. Of course these are good signings, my point was simply that those two signings of quality didnt improve our first eleven anywhere significantly as two central midfielders would.

ANd lets be honest, it isnt about signing world class players anyway. Our two best central midfielders at the moment are a decent squad player that is good in big games sometimes in McTominay and a seriously ageing Matic whose legs have gone but is the only one with enough intelligence to play that position positionally. There was a plethora of talented midfielders potentially available this summer from £10m up to £80m and none of them are arguably world class at the moment.

I totally agree with coaching and management s lacking, but for me in central midield our options are weaker for vaious reasons than so many sides, we have seen it nearly every match this season, they have been dominatede match in match out by there cm opponents, it happened again tonight though I dont blame them individually, they were left open