Ole post match rant vs Everton

big rons sovereign

There's a daily heil article claiming that ole is frustrated with Bruno after yesterday's game, and also that he's a £68 million signing from Lisbon.
An entire story made up from start to finish.
Easiest job in the world.

The Red Thinker

Don’t care about body language.

But a good piss about was a tried and tested method under Fergie.

Ole is not stupid, even if he didn’t plan it, he knows that raging at the fixtures is about trying to build a siege mentality. Let it seep into the players’ minds that the “cards are stacked” against them. Make some of the softer elements tougher.

Foxbatt

I am disgusted that United" fans" are having a go at Ole for defending his players. Ffs we won. So it can't be as an excuse.
I want him changed for a top class coach but don't slate him for standing up for his players.

united for life

Dear Ole,

We, Manchester United fans, would like to see you angry more often. Kindly express your anger at players on the slide line when they walk around instead of pressing. Also, please show this anger against referees for silly decisions. This is what we think should happen. Change the “nice guy” image.

Regards,

Note: you had all the right to rant about this yesterday. This is too much for humans. I think other managers will start being vocal also.

Mainoldo

It was so cringe and out of character.

Should have just said it in his normal polite manner. He’s not about that life.

Crashoutcassius

Watched it back and thought he spoke well. Thought I missed something when people said he looked scared or whatever. He talks slowly when he is excited or otherwise because of his English but I think be just had his mind made up before the game he was going to address it , as he said to the reporter, and is clearly annoyed about it. Hard to make sense of why they did it to be fair

RedRover

Managers of the top Premier League teams have been complaining about this type of thing for years. It might be a non-issue for you but it's clearly something that they are not happy about.

I'm sure he saves all his anger about the poor defending and inconsistency for the team in the dressing room. As it should be.
Managers complain about everything. I have no issue with him being pissed off about it, it's sounding off pointlessly in a post match interview about it I don't get. He's not stupid, he knows the demands on the players,. This is not new, nor surprising. He's is clearly not an particularly animated character in general - again, fair enough, but this just smacks of someone feeling the pressure, ranting about something irrelevant because he's had a bad week. Players already doubting his ability to do teh job see that and they'd be reasonable to think he's losing it under pressure.

Regarding your second point, hopefully he does. But personally, I have no issue with a manager criticising his team openly when its warranted. Too often in my opinion he makes excuses.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Similar Sentiments shared by Pep after the game as well.

It's weird when the opposition managers are supporting our manager's stance more than our 'fans'

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Love to see this, as this entire season is a disaster in my view. The players who have played far in the CL basically had a couple of weeks and it was right back to a new season. You have this stupid League of Nations nonsense right around the corner of the new season, international break, then the Euro later on, and just for shits and giggles let's throw in a Qatar World cup the summer after that. It's just pure chaos for players to try and recover not just physically, but mentally from last season.

I can see how this season will be loaded with injuries and long layoffs for players. I miss football, but I really didn't have time to since the restart of last season, and I feel it's the same for the players.

LS17

Funny seeing Pep and Klopp both agree with him yet our fans thinking it was a meltdown and not justified especially after seeing Shaw (who’s hit form) come off injured and supposedly Rashford and Lindelof too. They’re all rightly pissed at the authorities and tv companies.

Mainoldo

Similar Sentiments shared by Pep after the game as well.

It's weird when the opposition managers are supporting our manager's stance more than our 'fans'
Things are more accepting when your doing a good job.

Wheato

Don’t care about body language.

But a good piss about was a tried and tested method under Fergie.

Ole is not stupid, even if he didn’t plan it, he knows that raging at the fixtures is about trying to build a siege mentality. Let it seep into the players’ minds that the “cards are stacked” against them. Make some of the softer elements tougher.
It was straight out of Fergie's playbook. Deflected the attention away from himself, created a siege mentality, but in saying all that he did genuinely look rattled.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
:lol: So as Klopp is a top class manager he is allowed to protect his players.
But as Ole is not a top class manager he should just keep quiet and his players deserve to get injured because of minimal recovery time.
I have heard it all now.

Maccataq

I loved it. This was a post match interview befitting of a Man Utd manager. The fact that we won made it even better.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Michael Owen had lots to say for Ole when Ole made the original statement. How it is same for everyone and he should just get on about his job and all. Will be interesting to see him react to Klopp statements

AFC NimbleThumb

Would like to see similar passion when our team don’t turn up again.

Whilst he definitely has a point the public display of passion feels misplaced. The Premier League are historically unforgiving with the fixture list; similar turnarounds have happened previously - definitely doesn’t make it right but it’s a weird soap box to suddenly stand on when he’s been so ‘meh’ in other instances.

Leethal

Some absolute childish Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime in this thread.

People saying they earn enough to deal with this? Yeah, because their bank balance protects their muscle injuries, right?

People saying other teams also deal with this? So fecking what? Ole didn't say it was exclusive to Manchester United. It's a systematic failure. No team should have to deal with this poor scheduling. FA needs to protect ALL teams, not just United.

People saying Ole has cracked? How old are you? Clearly you've never seen Fergie's post match interviews. . . . he lost it all the time and went on weird rants; especially after a bad result or perceived injustice.

Now, I'm not getting in to the Ole-in, Ole-out debate; but for fecks sake, no matter what he does, Ole can't fecking win with you lot of spoiled entitled children.

Leethal

Looks like the elite managers are on the same wave length.
Yep, anyone with at least half a brain cell can see the whole set up is wrong.

Just some of our own "fans" (lol) are looking at any excuse to jump down Ole's throat.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Fair shout from Ole when you look at the other teams in Europe and their recovery time. Just needed SKY and others to flex.

Move West Ham v Fulham to the early Sat slot

Move City v Liverpool to the late night Sat slot (would expect good ratings then too especially as no-one is going out Sat nights at moment)

Move United Everton to the Sunday.

Then all networks do joint PR saying looking out for players wellness and trying to be flexible in a difficult environment. (Probably taken some of the heat off them for being greedy tw#ts who just want constant PPV).

The European fixtures have been set for weeks. This was an easy solution IF they'd wanted to or had the common sense to see the PR win.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
His job possibly depended on the result of this game, of course he's gonna be pissed off that it was scheduled for 12.30 Saturday after an away game in Europe 2 days previous... the best coach in the world cant help players recover quicker, which is probably why 2 of the best coaches in the world have agreed and supported Ole's position.

Shimo

Still don't think he is the man long term with the constant cycle of up and down performances but, on this, he is absolutely spot on for multiple reasons.

The rant is fully justified - more people need to call out the people that control the schedules devoid of considering the human element to their decisions. Even if they could not give a toss about the safety of players, then at last consider the quality of the game suffering and if players get injured as a result, then that's going to cause even more damage to quality down the road.

They could have kept the 5 sub rule as well - they are playing behind closed doors, so being "pure" really goes out the window right now, At least then would at least give managers a bit more chance to not run players into the ground if they weren't going to consider short rests for teams playing midweek.

Also, for now at least most people are going to be talking about his post game talk rather than talking about Pogba not starting or his job on the line and how over and over again, his job seems to be on the line and some how then pulls out results and performances.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
People in here arguing that Ole can't complain about this because he 'isn't a top class manager' would be rubbing one out if the likes of Sean Dyche or Ian Holloway did the same. Absolute cretinous, hypocritical little weasles. This place is littered with the worst Manchester United 'supporters' I've come across and that includes twitter.

Nik70

Managers complain about everything. I have no issue with him being pissed off about it, it's sounding off pointlessly in a post match interview about it I don't get. He's not stupid, he knows the demands on the players,. This is not new, nor surprising. He's is clearly not an particularly animated character in general - again, fair enough, but this just smacks of someone feeling the pressure, ranting about something irrelevant because he's had a bad week. Players already doubting his ability to do teh job see that and they'd be reasonable to think he's losing it under pressure.

Regarding your second point, hopefully he does. But personally, I have no issue with a manager criticising his team openly when its warranted. Too often in my opinion he makes excuses.
Maybe so but Klopp and Guardiola have just backed him and made similar complaints after their match today. As for being critical to the players to the media I think it's bad form but I know a lot of the top managers do. Jose comes to mind. I just don't think players respond well to it in general.

romufc

:lol: So as Klopp is a top class manager he is allowed to protect his players.
But as Ole is not a top class manager he should just keep quiet and his players deserve to get injured because of minimal recovery time.
I have heard it all now.
The state of Manutd fans at the moment.

Anything Ole does is criticised, weird how a manager cannot protect his players.

DRM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/54866940

here’s another video discussing the 12:30 KO’s after Europe.

Looks like he’s cracked, under pressure - reminiscent of Rafa or Keegan.

this is pathetic, embarrassing and weak.
Your post is pathetic and embarrassing.

If you can't see there is an issue with the sheer amount of games the players have to play and the stupid scheduling then you're either a complete nincompoop or your hatred for Ole is blinding your opinion. Probably both I reckon

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
He didn't look livid, he looked weak as hell. Like a little kid trembling because he got let off for being in big big trouble.
Sure, Luca Brasi.

Klopp and Pep agreed with Ole and complained about fixture congestion despite having 2 days more rest than us. Any comments on their psychological cues?

While we're on that subject, Spurs, with a similar schedule to ours, looked leggy and unable to put the ball in the net till a late late Kane moment against a far inferior side than Everton. Jose has been complaining about fixtures since August, through September and October. Any comments on that?