Ole post match rant vs Everton

Matriac

Absolutely loved it, he controlled the narrative in the post-game, just like seeing SAF in the old days.

The studio said it themselves, now the media will be talking about this scheduling instead of the past results for the next days.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Shaw looked like he could have carried on so that’s disappointing if it’s a long injury. I think this goes back to the 5 subs really - they’re cramming so many games in I do think 5 subs should be allowed. A side playing Wednesday in Europe and Saturday morning in the league has been happening for decades though.

Fooza

Did you bother to read any other posts in the thread?! This year is obviously very different to normal footballing seasons. Fergie used to always find things for fans to rally behind. Bunch of smooth brains populating Utd fan base these days.
Maybe he should of told Ed to buy more players then for rotation? Fans can blame the board all they want, but does Ole? No he'll rather have a moan at the authorities.

patty123

It definitely looks like his job is on the line now. This is not the rant of a man who is safe in his job.
Oh please if that's the case then saint pippy and kloppy must be also on the line, as they are forever at moaning about fixtures congestion and that was pre covid.

This is all on the likes of Sky and BT, as they are the ones setting the times to suit their programming needs to out do each other, as please show me pre this season where a team in CL Weds played at 12.30, as wasn't the unwritten rule to give English teams a chance, to give as much rest as possible.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Come off it, if that's how he is when he's angry I'd absolutely piss myself in the dressing room. He looked close to tears, shaking, voice breaking up. Not the great traits of a leader.
Are you 15?

rollingstoned1

He was spot om and chose a good time to do it as well. The same sentiment even though valid would have been received very differently if we had lost this game after a difficult week. People saying it makes him look weak/pathetic are just way off.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He's handled the pressure quite well to be honest, if this was Jose he would have already called Maguire a donkey and demanded Tuanzebe bike to Manchester from Istanbul.

Big Andy

Bloke
All I’m reading from this thread is the Ole is a prolific mum shagger, and has shagged the mums of about 60% of the people in this thread.

Internet equivalent of “You’re not my real dad”

Irrational.

Shaw looked like he could have carried on so that’s disappointing if it’s a long injury. I think this goes back to the 5 subs really - they’re cramming so many games in I do think 5 subs should be allowed. A side playing Wednesday in Europe and Saturday morning in the league has been happening for decades though.
Agreed. Is that so different from the Thursday-Sunday routine we had going when we were in the Europa League?

Shiva87

We have a far bigger squad than those clubs. Our bench is almost on the same wages as those smaller team's first 11. I don't buy it myself.

They earn the wage, they have to do deal with it.
Wow, the wage does not make them biologically different being. They are still human, and their muscles need rest and recovery.

I've never seen him like this, he was absolutely livid. What did people think? He had some valid points but it seems like he's cracked - the pressure is telling.

EDIT: Quote:
He has a point. A he’s said it after we’ve won so no one can say it’s sour grapes.
Klopp, Pep, also get livid about these things. I’m not comparing Ole to those two, but when they do it no one says “they’ve cracked”

SER19

Nope.

Watch the interview again. I think he looked weak, sorry if that offends you.
I don't need to watch it again. You're having a moan over absolutely nothing. It's only even a story because it's solskjaer and people like you have been calling him soft for 2 years. You're posting on an Internet forum like some sort of tough guy saying how you'd piss yourself laughing at a man you call scared and weak, a man who has literally won everything in football. If you can't recognise how pathetic that is then on you go

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
I'm a bit mixed on it. He has a point but we aren't the only team that has to deal with shit kick off times. The "setting us up to fail" quote great siege mentality stuff but because of recent results it can also look a bit like a man under pressure deflecting.

LUC1f3R

It showed that he is under pressure. And United under Ole does perform when they are pressed against the wall. Felt a dejavu of Jose when he said "authorities are trying to get them failed".

But the problem with United is how they play against teams that defends (low block) and it is to be seen how we play after the break against weak teams. I won't start supporting Ole till he starts winning those matches and show some sort of consistency (been there, was hurt). I still believe Ole is tactically inept and today showed the only game style he has proves successful (i.e., play against teams that attack more)

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I absolutely love Ole, it looked like he’s felt the pressure and had to grow a pair. It’s a good thing but he just seems like he’s to nice for this level. I wish he can turn this around and he has got it in him to get a good run of wins.

Now if there’s a opportunity that we can get in a better manager do we get him and say bye to Ole?

For me I can’t see him levelling up at United.
Yes. This result changes nothing for me. It's yet another false dawn. That's exactly it when you say you can't see him levelling up here. For him to justify his position here, he has to become great not just okay. Otherwise what's the point? He's been managing for 10+ years and I don't think he has a chance of in a million years of ever becoming good enough.

He hasn't improved the players, and certainly hasn't developed a strategy beyond hitting teams on the counter in 2 years. The only way we win with him is if we buy 11 world class players in every position to carry him. Is that meant to be good enough for us?

Poch is at home waiting for a call right now. I would sack him in an instant if it was up to me.

Withnail

The man hasn’t cracked. It’s calculated, very calculated.

You think a man like Ole cracks. He’s been calm for 2 years, it’s all planned and I think he’s trying to win back some fan support.

He also knows there’s an international break and we’ve just won, so it won’t linger.

Hes spot on though, the whole world wants him to fail, even our own fans.
Totally calculated.

He kept going back to it when the interviewer tried to change the subject.
Cracked? nonsense

Will Singh

Just because he’s nice to the camera it doesn’t mean he’s like that behind the scenes.

Pep seems like a fairy half the time on camera, like he’s about to right a poem.

They’re just managing there audiences.
Not judging him on he’s interviews, more so some players play shit and manage to get picked or plays them because they are stars hence who in the match day I praised him for dropping Pogba and having a balanced midfield of McT, Fred and Bruno!

TheMitz

Awww bless him. Needs to look in the mirror to see the main problem

buckooo1978

Didn't matter what Des Kelly said, he was gonna vent

He seemed very emotional, voice shaky etc but fair fecks to him. Hes been under intense pressure lately

maybe he's trying to engineer an us agaimst them mentality but today is Ole's day.... feck em all

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I don't need to watch it again. You're having a moan over absolutely nothing. It's only even a story because it's solskjaer and people like you have been calling him soft for 2 years. You're posting on an Internet forum like some sort of tough guy saying how you'd piss yourself laughing at a man you call scared and weak, a man who has literally won everything in football. If you can't recognise how pathetic that is then on you go
On I go where exactly? I'm not going anywhere. My opinion on the character of the manager differs to yours, that's fine. So what?

Last edited:

MattofManchester

Did you bother to read any other posts in the thread?! This year is obviously very different to normal footballing seasons. Fergie used to always find things for fans to rally behind. Bunch of smooth brains populating Utd fan base these days.
Well, we disagree. And now that you've got your daily insult in, I'm sure you can go feel better about yourself before you begin feeling dejected all over again.

Will Singh

Yes. This result changes nothing for me. It's yet another false dawn. That's exactly it when you say you can't see him levelling up here. For him to justify his position here, he has to become great not just okay. Otherwise what's the point? He's been managing for 10+ years and I don't think he has a chance of in a million years of ever becoming good enough.

Poch is at home waiting for a call right now. I would sack him in an instant if it was up to me.
If the opportunity to get Poch is there then I can’t see how any result will save him.

prateik

The narrative generally is about things being pro united.. United getting the decisions.. United getting the pen .. players getting away without cards. all that nonsense.

If you let it slide, it starts becoming accepted as a fact and starts affecting decisions.. even if its subconscious.

This needs to happen a little more.

Nik70

Totally calculated.

He kept going back to it when the interviewer tried to change the subject.
Cracked? nonsense

I agree. Perfect time for a rant like this. Win the game then talk about unfair scheduling. Would come off as excuses if we'd lost.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Cracked?? So now speaking the truth is equal to cracking!!

Everything he's said is totally spot on. Why does a team that's travelled the breadth of the continent on Wednesday night playing Saturday afternoon? Especially when they can easily play on Sunday.
He is spot on. I was sure he would be gone today because I couldn’t see us getting anything from this game. Long away trip to Turkey where we played on Wednesday, then they give us the early kick off away on Saturday. At the same time Everton had a whole week to prepare.
Obviously teams in Europe have to cope with it, but giving us such a short time period to rest and prepare was really taking it too far.

SER19

On I go where exactly? I'm not going anywhere. My opinion on the character of the manager divers to yours, that's fine. So what?
On you go with your opinion. You'd sit in Uniteds changing room and piss yourself laughing because you don't think the manager is 'ard enough for you, and believe that in spite of all he's seen and done that he's weak and scared. Got it

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
He definitely isn't a natural ranter, it doesn't suit him, but its all about the soundbite. 'We were set up to fail'.

Quite amusing that half of the board are claiming that he's cracked. The words pot and kettle spring to mind. You could hardly describe this forum as being full of calm and measured people

Varun

Staff
It was great to see. The Sat early kickoff after a Wed night game in Turkey is a fecking joke and he was absolutely right to call it out. Great to see him have a go instead of just accepting shit.

He didn't look livid, he looked weak as hell. Like a little kid trembling because he got let off for being in big big trouble.
Grade A bollocks

POF

He'd definitely planned it. Hinted at it in the presser and in the MUTV interview pre match basically said "hopefully we win so we can talk more about the kick off time".

It's good to see some passion from him. We need to see much more of that, especially when people question the progress since he's been in charge. He has plenty he can point to but his "that's not for me to say" modesty schtick does him no favours.

kiristao

Yes it has but I don't think it has happened when teams have been playing midweek week in week out for a few weeks now.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
If the opportunity to get Poch is there then I can’t see how any result will save him.
Did you not see him on MNF? He's chomping at the bit to come back. But with this board anything is possible, seeing how they always leave it until the whole place has burned down.

Tuchel is on the ropes at PSG. He could just as easily go there, whilst we're stuck going round in circles here.

MUFromLTU

Ole clearly cares about the players way more than any coaches we had since SAF, absolutely correct points and still some shit for brains like dwd commenting how "he looked like crying LMAO", what a douchebag

"He looked weak imo, if that's how he is when pissed off no wonder the players don't give a shit." - that's his take on players motivation after once again players look above their capacity, whenever media starts talking about tests for Ole. L M A O