Ole post match rant vs Everton

LJJT

People are mistaken he’s such a nice guy and too soft and all that. Watch him play he was a hard player and he could mix it up with any one. Being positive doesn’t make you a fool. He can dish out the harsh words and actions when he needs it I have no doubt

Morpheus 7

He's feeling the pressure of Poch, he knows the end was near today. Coming out fighting and deflecting and let of steam in the interview. He's deflecting, not the real issue. He knows he's in real trouble, MEN are shit but have close links to club. That leak was given to Samuel Luckhurst. United have approached Poch and knows he can't feck up now.

alexthelion

Yes. This result changes nothing for me. It's yet another false dawn. That's exactly it when you say you can't see him levelling up here. For him to justify his position here, he has to become great not just okay. Otherwise what's the point? He's been managing for 10+ years and I don't think he has a chance of in a million years of ever becoming good enough.

He hasn't improved the players, and certainly hasn't developed a strategy beyond hitting teams on the counter in 2 years. The only way we win with him is if we buy 11 world class players in every position to carry him. Is that meant to be good enough for us?

Poch is at home waiting for a call right now. I would sack him in an instant if it was up to me.
Thank God it's not up to you, then.

lysglimt

Scout
I think false dawn is slowly getting to be the most stupid expression there is.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A few people seem disappointed we won, so Ole doesn't get the boot.

Surely winning is the key take home from today.
It's been a weird scenario for this season, but a win like that shows we can still do something this season, just that we don't have much room for more mistakes now.

Foxbatt

It's been a weird scenario for this season, but a win like that shows we can still do something this season, just that we don't have much room for more mistakes now.
Yes maybe very few. I am happy that we won and I would be over the moon if he can win the PL or CL but I simply do not think he has the ability. I would rather a legend win us trophies than someone like Jose or LVG or Moyes who has no connection to the club.

bludsucker

We have a far bigger squad than those clubs. Our bench is almost on the same wages as those smaller team's first 11. I don't buy it myself.

They earn the wage, they have to do deal with it.
So earning a wage means that a player is immune to fatigue? And the bigger the wage the lesser the injuries should be? Don’t understand the logic here. Players are human beings. The can get tired and are allowed to get injured.

billdrama

I don't really have much sympathy with Ole.

Ultimately it is the 20 PL clubs who decide what to put to the broadcasters and the contracts that are agreed. If they wanted to put in clauses about teams not playing Wednesday and then Saturday lunchtime then they easily could but they know they'd get less money because that package would lose a bit of value (like how they don't reduce the games over the Christmas period.)

Television viewing is partly built on routines and set times. It's why BT didn't show a Europa team the weekend after they'd played in Europa League last season because they'd have had to move game to Sunday and they want to maintain their weekly Saturday 12.30 slot so everyone knows when to find a PL game on their channel.

He speaks about the United game being played on the Sunday but every match is in a unique slot at the moment and Arsenal, Leicester and Spurs all had to play tomorrow because of EL (and Spurs basically have what United had, just 24 hours later - away in Europe Thurs 17.55 and away in PL Sun 12.00). The only other game tomorrow is Man City V Liverpool, perhaps the biggest match of the season in the last few years, and obviously Sky want that in the flagship Sunday 16.30 slot.

Tibs

Finally, some ooomph from Ole.

feck whoever organises the fixtures

Rattled.
Cracking up.
Weak.
Looks like a little kid.
Sad and pathetic.

These are the comments on the first 2 pages, they shouldn’t be used to describe the manager, but in fact these so called ‘fans’.

I imagine we have a load of United fans this evening who are annoyed we won, and would have rather we dropped points so that they could spew their usual vitriol towards the manager and the club.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Rattled.
Cracking up.
Weak.
Looks like a little kid.
Sad and pathetic.

These are the comments on the first 2 pages, they shouldn’t be used to describe the manager, but in fact these so called ‘fans’.

I imagine we have a load of United fans this evening who are annoyed we won, and would have rather we dropped points so that they could spew their usual vitriol towards the manager and the club.
I sometimes wonder why some people support this club if they can never find any joy from it.

TrustInOle

Absolutely spot on! He has every right to lash out, the FA should be protecting their European representatives. Exactly as Ole said, they set us up to fail, more than likely to bask in the media of United sacking another manager.

No reason whatsoever to have played tomorrow or even a later kickoff at most. Why don't teams that don't travel throughout Europe play the early games?

Anyway, end of rant, Ole and the players deserve all the credit today.

MrSingh2002

Shaw was in his best form since his leg break. But I still think Telles will be better for us going forward.

Shame for Shaw at this point but Ole hasn't helped him either by not rotating him in this period. Williams could have played one game out of the last 4 surely.

McTerminator

I said in the build up that if he lost today he’d probably deserve to go.

he didn’t lose so by deduction he doesn’t deserve to go.

he’s right to be angry too. End of the day I still believe he is building something good he just needs good enough results in the meantime to allow him to see it through. That’s what every great coach and great team has done, some quicker than others.

Not saying Ole is or will be a great coach, just pointing to examples where it pays off.

predator

Youth NITK
My take is that Ole has took a massive leaf out of SAF's book with his post match comments.

I think he's trying to divert attention from the scrutinuty over his job security. It's textbook SAF, just rant on about something completely out of the journalists interests and divert the attention.

I was frustrated after arsenal and furious after Istanbul but I can't help but support Ole until things do go drastically south - and I think Ole would have the dignity to step down in such a position.

I see a modest man who is desperate to succeed at a club he loves and a club he knows inside out.
I see a club legend as an ex player.
I see someone who is Norwegian but when speaks English, uses language and mannerisms like a typical mancunian and all of this is probably giving me rose tinted specs, especially after a win.

Poch is a better manager than Ole all day long but let's face it, since SAF retired, the club has been turned into a laughing stock by the board. They have spent so much money, have hired various managers, have paid obscene wages to players who don't even deserve mentioning and we are going round in circles.

At this point I think its clear as day that it is the united manager that is actually set up to fail.

Marcus

Operation Siege Mentality is a go. Nice one Ole. Keep the pressure on. Now please sort out our home games in the league.

Dread Devil

How can any Man Utd fan want us to lose under Ole, It’s insane.

We don’t need necessarily need a new manager, we need a new attacking coach.....one that can guide our forwards to open up defenses.

It’s been our problem under three managers now, sometimes it looks like we are getting somewhere and then we hit a brick wall now and again...

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Rattled.
Cracking up.
Weak.
Looks like a little kid.
Sad and pathetic.

Preach!

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
Today feels like a turning point. The team and the manager are now fully in control of their destiny (it being positive or negative). If they can see this storm through they will grow leaps and bounds from it. A winning team doesnt only win consistently, a winning team knows how to handle pressure, because they’ve experienced it. It would be fantastic seeing an United legend, manager Ole lift a trophy (throphies) with his team that has had its ups and downs.

432JuanMata

Good to see him unhappy for once. He is under pressure no doubt. WBA and Southampton next does anyone see 6 points ? I love these performances but I hate the false dawns it is so disappointing, please just back up wins with more wins and decent performances.

The 4 loses this season looking back we didn’t even deserve a point in any and then there was a win at Brighton where we were outclassed. This team is capable the inconsistency needs to stop now

stevoc

Regardless of how you interpret the way he said it, he's absolutely right. No team playing in Europe in midweek and especially away in Turkey should be playing Saturday at mid-day. Its about time the big clubs (plus City) just said they're not doing it anymore.

432JuanMata

Regardless of how you interpret the way he said it, he's absolutely right. No team playing in Europe in midweek and especially away in Turkey should be playing Saturday at mid-day. Its about time the big clubs (plus City) just said they're not doing it anymore.
I remember when Ajax made the semi finals of the CL against Tottenham it talked about the Dutch League and how if they played on the Tuesday they were late Saturday or Wednesday they were Sunday. This isn’t just for Ajax it’s for all the teams the league supports them in Europe. The PL doesn’t give a crap when they should be doing their best for all CL and EL teams as it will reflect well on them if the English teams do well. The PL is the only top league that doesn’t care if you play away in CL on Wednesday night and early saturday.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
He is totally wrong and should shut up because
1) Arsenal, Tottenham & Leicester must play tomorrow and Dortmund vs Bayern Munich was selected for today at 5.30 pm UK time many weeks ago therefore Manchester City vs Liverpool was only possible for tomorrow.
2) If the players wouldn't want so much money in every contract situation then the schedule would be different.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
I've never seen him like this, he was absolutely livid. What did people think? He had some valid points but it seems like he's cracked - the pressure is telling.

EDIT:

I haven't read the other comments yet, but in my mind Ole praising the players for this and the result in turkey, claiming that some "authority" is "setting us up to fail" and that he's talked to the players and they won't "give them the satisfaction of watching us lose again", to me it clearly reads as an attempt to foster a siege mentality and an "us against the world" environment in the dressing room.

I don't think he believes it himself, but I hope the players bought it, because the games they lost/drew they just seemed so unmotivated and disinterested.

I agree that it does not come across well and could backfire spectacularly, but nothing else seems to be working, so probably worth a try. Desperate times, desperate measures, and all that :lol:.

Needham

Twitching and bothered like he'd missed an open goal in the late 90s.

stevoc

I remember when Ajax made the semi finals of the CL against Tottenham it talked about the Dutch League and how if they played on the Tuesday they were late Saturday or Wednesday they were Sunday. This isn’t just for Ajax it’s for all the teams the league supports them in Europe. The PL doesn’t give a crap when they should be doing their best for all CL and EL teams as it will reflect well on them if the English teams do well. The PL is the only top league that doesn’t care if you play away in CL on Wednesday night and early saturday.
I've always thought its because those running the Premier League see the Champions League as competition to their product. And yeah i doubt they really give a feck how English teams do in the Europe.

Look at the fixture list over the years and how its drawn up. It always seems like more often than not all the big sides in England will play each other right before or after the CL quarter & Semi finals.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
I enjoyed the emotion in his interview but his point about 'setting us up to fail' seems calculated more than anything. Europa league games are regularly 8pm kick offs and the teams participating in those usually play Sunday lunch time.

It's a potential issue across the board for all top 7 teams in the premier league.

Nik70

I enjoyed the emotion in his interview but his point about 'setting us up to fail' seems calculated more than anything. Europa league games are regularly 8pm kick offs and the teams participating in those usually play Sunday lunch time.

It's a potential issue across the board for all top 7 teams in the premier league.
That was part of his argument. He didn't just say it was affecting United. He was talking about all the English clubs in Europe.

Cantonagotmehere

Rattled.
Cracking up.
Weak.
Looks like a little kid.
Sad and pathetic.

They have no idea what 'sport' is....feck em all.

RedRover

That was part of his argument. He didn't just say it was affecting United. He was talking about all the English clubs in Europe.
Europa League teams play Thursday and Sunday. United played Wednesday and Saturday. Other than the early kick off, what’s the issue?

Bizarre time to start ranting after being pretty amiable following some terrible performances. It’s a none issue, get on with it.

Clearly he’s under pressure. This makes it look like it’s showing.

AFC NimbleThumb

He makes a fair point.

Aside from the fact Luke Shaw is injured because he’s Luke bloody Shaw! Games could be once a fortnight & that guy wouldn’t make a full season.

Nik70

Europa League teams play Thursday and Sunday. United played Wednesday and Saturday. Other than the early kick off, what’s the issue?

Bizarre time to start ranting after being pretty amiable following some terrible performances. It’s a none issue, get on with it.

Clearly he’s under pressure. This makes it look like it’s showing.
United played away in Turkey and only got home on Thursday and then had to play an early game on Saturday. Other European leagues help their teams by giving them a little extra time to recover in these types of situations. That's the issue.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
His anger seemed to have stemmed from the fact that he has potentially lost Shaw to a long-term injury. Shaw himself looked quite frustrated when he came off; it wouldn't surprise me if it's because of his hamstring.

Imagine having to have Telles as the only left-footed left back in our first team for several months. On top of that, Rashford, one of his most potent attacking players, will also have to deal with an injury worry. No wonder Ole was frustrated.

bdecuc

Away in Turkey on a Wednesday to 12:30 on a Saturday morning (also an away game btw) is unfair. Ole is absolutely right to make an issue of it.

Well make an issue of it while we all understand that football sold itself to the mega tv money so can't complain about it too much without it being pointed out that "well this is one of the consequences of chasing all those riches...".

But nevertheless good on Ole and I'd actually believe in his case he's genuinely concerned about the unfairness on the players and the more injuries they'll pick up.