Ole Presser - Astana

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Injury latest
Yeah, he (Daniel James) is got a knock against Leicester. So he wont; be available.

Luke, Paul, Anthony. Diogo is back, Jesse is back available. We are getting some back.

On the Europa League
I won the group with Molde. You play different types of teams, different types of cultures. It is also a new experience for them. Two of the away games are AstroTurf so the home games will be important for us.

Will Romero play?
Obviously David signed his contract and now we’ve got him maybe we should keep on playing him. Sergio will play tomorrow for sure, he’s proven to be a top top keeper behind David and keep him ready for if something happens to David. Time for him to have some much needed game time.

How do you approach the competition?
He (Axel) is going to start. We’ve got a big squad, pre-season went really well. Axel is one who didn’t make the starting XI so now it is a chance for them to get some minutes. We will see the sue of the squad more, there will be some young ones tomorrow. Greenwood will play definitely.

How happy are you with Daniel James
Delighted with Daniel. That we managed to get him to Manchester is fantastic he has proven with his X Factor that he will give the squad a lot. I know he was close to joining Leeds but that’s football. He’s started well here.

charlenefan

On Fred
Fred he came on well, we needed his legs and sharpness. He has been patient, he has been working hard. He is not a young boy, but he is young in his English career. I am sure we will see more and more of him. He’s had some great games in midfield so we are just waiting.

charlenefan

With David signing what does it say that you have a player of that class that's committed to United and what boost has it given the players?
Most of the time we get to keep who we want to keep the longer it went the more I got to speak to David I was confident we would make it. David is delighted I think you could see the focus in his eyes again vs Leicester. It gives everyone in front of him a boost beacuse you feel secure with him behind and he’s really worked hard this season I think we will see more of him putting him on a path to build him up. I’m sure he will be part of success at United.

charlenefan

Ole on racist chanting
You have to catch the idiots, racists, and we just have to keep on working towards that people really understand what football is about. Enjoying yourself on the pitch.

charlenefan

Advice to Greenwood
When you have got strikers who can score goals they should never use the hunger or the appetite. Mason is one of the best finishers I’ve seen, and I’ve played with quite few decent ones. Just work hard. There are so many years ahead of you. The next game is always the most important one.

charlenefan

Frustration at not being in Champions League
I think all the boys watched the Premier League games, the top games, watch other teams win trophies. I think they will want to get there, and we want to get there. The Europa League is a pathway to get there.

ants7

Great to have Martial back. Would not start him tomorrow though, would keep for the weekend. And agree with "The Europa League is a pathway to get there" part. Should not take this competition lightly.

charlenefan

If Mason were to take his chance can he become a regular?
He’s still very young but he’s maturing and he’s developed so much since I came in. The kid who just wanted to play with his mated in the U18 and now he’s knocking on the door wanting to play more. His appetite for football is growing I don’t want to put too much pressure apart from go out there and enjoy yourself and work hard. He’s one of the best finishers I have seen go out at Old Trafford and enjoy it. XI Astana players living the dream tomorrow and I want it to be memorable for all our players as well and Mason is one of those.

Nickosaur

Damn, James injured. Injury FC is returning...

edit - oh shaw, pogba, martial back? that's better. wouldn't risk any of them tomorrow though.

charlenefan

On Charlie Wellens
It is what we do at this club. We drop them in, give them a little taste for it. I know his dad from when he played and we now he is a very good footballer. It is just one of these little drips to make them players.

charlenefan

Axel: Why did you want to stay here?
Staying here was the better option. The plan is in place and tomorrow is a stepping stone to reach a goal.

Tuanzebe on his chances this season
Most definitely. This season I feel extremely hungry and I believe in the process, the coaching staff.

Axel: How much do you feel you've developed?
You realise when you step back it’s not all about nice play and ensuring you get the three points it becomes more of a shift. I learnt a lot to grind the battles and understand what you have to do to ensure you win.

charlenefan

Solskjaer on youth
He (Greenwood) is better than me now, that’s for sure!

I think it is hard. It is a process, we trust them (the youngsters). As players and as human beings to go out at Old Trafford and get results. If you don’t throw them in you don’t know what you’ve got.

It is not about enjoying themselves it is about shutting them out.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Damn, James injured. Injury FC is returning...

edit - oh shaw, pogba, martial back? that's better. wouldn't risk any of them tomorrow though.
He didn't say any of those 3 were back.

charlenefan

Axel: How does Rashford's breakthrough in Europa League inspire?
Since his breakthrough we all believed it was possible to get through. We were still 18 then but it was amazing what he’s done and he’s still continuing to grow and giving help to the youngsters now.

charlenefan

On Rashford leadership
Many of the youngsters are looking up to him. He is a true professional, trying to improve every day. That is what a Manchester United player should be. He is working at it, and it was a big moment for him when he scored against Leicester. He can handle the pressure.

charlenefan

Ole: Mourinho picked a more experienced team is your approach a young team?
Every team selection will depend on who’s fit, where we’re at, what’s coming after, who needs games, it’s not set in stone. The youngsters might play in the league, it’s just decisions we have to make at the time it might be the experienced ones who need the experience in the Europa League.

charlenefan

Solskjaer on Greenwood's finishing
It seems natural, but it never is. It is repetition, it is being and knowing how to hit a ball. Every situation you are in he does. His technique is brilliant.

ants7

Solskjaer on youth
He (Greenwood) is better than me now, that’s for sure!

I think it is hard. It is a process, we trust them (the youngsters). As players and as human beings to go out at Old Trafford and get results. If you don’t throw them in you don’t know what you’ve got.

It is not about enjoying themselves it is about shutting them out.
then play the lad ffs

0le

I don't think Pogba, Martial or Shaw are available. The BBC have added "[out]" in that quoted setence.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Ole " Good afternoon"
CAF "play the kids FFS!"
Ole " I will"
CAF "Well...umm..err...COWARD!"

Ander herrera the warrior

No mate, He's a "coward" for not starting him.
Martial was injured, if the same happened to Rashford, we only have Greenwood to rely on. Surely he wouldn't wanna risk playing both Rashford and Greenwood? Now that Martial is back, it make sense to give Greenwood a chance. It's not being coward, its just being sensible.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Kind words Ole and I get why you'd say that, but he's got some serious work to do yet..
The question was who is a better finisher. Ole said he's better than him now (as in today).

Gandalf

Good presser. Expected the youth to come in here and it looks like Axel and Mason at least will probably start with others coming in from the bench, probably 90 minutes for Fred too and maybe give Scott a breather before West Ham. For all of the shouting about youth this is the part that matters, they are about to get their chance and they need to be brave and show what they have got, good performances here will keep them in the team and will see them get more and more time in the league as well as cup matches.