Ole Presser - Astana

TRUERED89

I read it as better than Ole is now, as it was a question about youth Vs experience
Bit odd to compare Greenwood to a 46 year old version of himself, but hey ho aslong as it gives Greenwood a boost! :)

Alemar

Given James is injured, it is highly likely that at least one of Chong or Gomes will also start tomorrow (together with Axel and Greenwood who are confirmed).

TRUERED89

Given James is injured, it is highly likely that at least one of Chong or Gomes will also start tomorrow (together with Axel and Greenwood who are confirmed).
Angel was on the bench for Leicester, so fingers crossed he gets a large chunk of minutes tomorrow.

lysglimt

Scout
He said its a knock so it doesn't sound serious.
Yup - I doubt he is injured….but this is a game we can afford to rest anyone who isn't 100%.

If this had been West Ham tomorrow - he probably would have played

0le

Not sure who transcribed the quotes, but I think this would make more sense if it read lose rather than use. If not, then I'm just as confused.
I also did not understand:
"We will see the sue of the squad more"

Has the transcriber just done a poor job this time round?

lysglimt

Scout
Think those could be one of the games of the season which will be most enjoyable to use. Enjoyable as in being able to enjoy watching lots of the talents without being horribly nervous

AJ10

Martial was injured, if the same happened to Rashford, we only have Greenwood to rely on. Surely he wouldn't wanna risk playing both Rashford and Greenwood? Now that Martial is back, it make sense to give Greenwood a chance. It's not being coward, its just being sensible.
I had the same opinion as you when he didn't start, I wasn't calling Ole a "Coward" hence the "". Few on here were loosing their shit, found it really funny when they called him a "coward" for not starting a 17 year old.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I would like for Ole to talk about the other youth as well beside Greenwood. It's alms feel like they are irrelevant to him(obviously not). It'll go a long way to have appreciation shown to them as well.

Too much Greenwood talks start sounding like over hyping while no talks about the others seems like he doesn't rate them. A bit of balance would be welcomed.

ArjenIsM3

I had the same opinion as you when he didn't start, I wasn't calling Ole a "Coward" hence the "". Few on here were loosing their shit, found it really funny when they called him a "coward" for not starting a 17 year old.
Now that he's confirmed he's starting at least two youngsters in the Astana game (Tuanzebe and Greenwood) you can be sure they will call him a coward again. They'll find a way to be negative once more. Probably because he isn't starting ALL our promising youngsters, or because Gomes is the solution to all our problems but Ole just won't give him a chance. Or something like that. 1 month into the season ffs.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I would like for Ole to talk about the other youth as well beside Greenwood. It's alms feel like they are irrelevant to him(obviously not). It'll go a long way to have appreciation shown to them as well.

Too much Greenwood talks start sounding like over hyping while no talks about the others seems like he doesn't rate them. A bit of balance would be welcomed.
I think it's because journalists asks about Greenwood.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So going by the pc, Romero, Greenwoord, Tuanzebe will start and also Fred might.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Ole is quite old now, though.....
Or should i say "wooosh"?
Sorry, hadn't updated the side in 1 hour, was obviously already answered

Bit odd to compare Greenwood to a 46 year old version of himself, but hey ho aslong as it gives Greenwood a boost! :)
It's just a typhical way of saying it in Norway, it might not make as much sense when translated ;)

pascell

I'm going for...

GK: Romero
LB: Rojo
CB: Jones
CB: Tuanzebe
RB: Young
RM: Dalot
CM: Fred
CM: Matic
LM: Chong
CF: Mata
ST: Greenwood

Hope I'm wrong and gives Gomes the nod ahead of Mata, especially if James is missing the West Ham game we'll need Mata and play Rashford LW and Martial ST.

Johan07

Right so Ole's confirmed Fred, Tuanzebe and Greenwood will all start.
Not really. He said that Tuanzebe would start. And him being part of the PK confirms that I suppose.
He said that Greenwood would "play" which is not necessarily the same as starting. It might even indicate the opposite.
I fail to see any guarantee of Fred even playing. But he should of course.

Gandalf

I do expect we will be treated to the sight of Lingard on the right. He is back in full training and obviously fresh so Ole will probably pick him as one of the veterans. I won't mind that as much as normal provided Chong is on the left and Gomes gets at least some of the game in the CAM role even if it is as a second half sub for Mata. With Tony still out we definitely do not need to be playing Rashford in this game, name him as a sub in case Greenwood is hurt or it is going tits up but we should be saving him for Sunday.

ArjenIsM3

romufc

Not really. He said that Tuanzebe would start. And him being part of the PK confirms that I suppose.
He said that Greenwood would "play" which is not necessarily the same as starting. It might even indicate the opposite.
I fail to see any guarantee of Fred even playing. But he should of course.
I think it suggests Greenwood will be on bench.

Johan07

ArjenIsM3

Well, thats the exact same quotes. He is just using "start" about Tuanzebe. That said I think all of the three will probably start with Greenwood probably being the questionable one.
No, he's said it about Greenwood too. See #64

Seven Seas Sardines

Ole: Mourinho picked a more experienced team is your approach a young team?
Every team selection will depend on who’s fit, where we’re at, what’s coming after, who needs games, it’s not set in stone. The youngsters might play in the league, it’s just decisions we have to make at the time it might be the experienced ones who need the experience in the Europa League.
Reading that hoping Gomes, Chong and Greenwood will replace Mata, Lingard and Pereira in PL games during this season. :drool:

BigBebe

Has there been some sort of deal done between the journos and the club whereby they never ask any questions which would give us any interesting information?

At the very least ANY information on what the injuries are and how long Pogba, James etc are likely to be out of action.

The questions are, by and large, pathetic.

Tarrou

I reckon he'll start 2/3 of Chong, Gomes and Greenwood

Hope he starts all three though

Eric7C

Chong looks shite to be honest. Greenwood and Gomes are so far ahead of him
Fans were clamoring for his inclusion last season, he was supposed to be the hottest new thing going. Now he is shite?

I don't think most people understand how young players are integrated into a team. They usually become successful in already successful teams; you can't expect 11 of them to run games.

Adcuth

Fans were clamoring for his inclusion last season, he was supposed to be the hottest new thing going. Now he is shite?

I don't think most people understand how young players are integrated into a team. They usually become successful in already successful teams; you can't expect 11 of them to run games.
I've never been a fan of his, would love to be proven wrong but I just don't see anything in his game that sets him apart from all the other young players who didn't make it here. He'll get his chances but I can see him being shipped out eventually