Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BuzzKillington

Close the forum mods. Let the Ole inners have it for themselves.
It’s just a simple statement of truth. It would have to go horrifically wrong for Ole to get the sack this season, the board backed him massively in the summer, he’s built a solid team and there are plenty of good moments to go along with the bad. All this fantasy talk about sacking achieves is making this place an intolerable, sordid, depressing grief hole that makes me question my sanity.

If you’re going to indulge in fantasy, you may as well have a positive one like “How many points will United win the Premier League by?”. Neither is likely to happen, but one is much more enjoyable to endlessly talk about and doesn’t require 50% of the posters on here to find ever new and inventive ways to piss all over a club they allegedly support.

Last edited:

Giggsyking

It’s just a simple statement of truth. It would have to go horrifically wrong for Ole to get the sack this season, the board backed him massively in the summer, he’s built a solid team and there are plenty of good moments to go along with the bad. All this fantasy talk about sacking achieves is making this place an intolerable, sordid, depressing grief hole that makes me question my sanity.

If you’re going to indulge in fantasy, you may as well have a positive one like “How many points will United win the Premier League by?”. Neither is likely to happen, but one is much more enjoyable to endlessly talk about and doesn’t require 50% of the posters on here to find ever new and inventive ways to piss all over a club they allegedly support.
the same can be said about the ones who wants him to stay.

wolvored

Might need to accept that Ole is Utd's Wenger. Never bad enough to be sacked but never good enough to win much. Only difference is that Wenger had Arsenal play some lovely football. My guess is Ole will stay as long as he makes top 4 and qualifies from the group stage of the ECL. Utd fans might have to accept that they will not be winning much over the next 10 years.
FFS Ole is not Wenger! The manager who managed the only team to go a season undefeated, won titles FA cups etc. Think he got them to a Ch Lge final as well. Playing mainly fast attacking football.
Why do people build Ole up into something he clearly is not. If Ole had the talent of Wenger no one would be calling for his head.

Zen86

So how's it make or break then if the result will have no impact on whether he's sacked before the end of the season?
If we win then it may well bounce us back into the season, fire up the fans and ease the pressure on him. Another bad result and I would say the league is all but over for us.

I don’t think we’ll sack him mid-season. He’s just signed a new contract, we won’t want an interim replacement, and I doubt a permanent replacement would join until the summer.

redshaw

The CL win will give him time if we get beat today. A big loss to Pool and City plus a draw with Atalanta I could see a sacking. I don't think just the two losses will do but depends how we are in these games, if we get swept aside then it will be clear as day we need someone else. I think we have enough to look reasonable and even get a point or three so it will move out to December fixtures and our position.

Also he may stay until the end of the season if the boards choice can't be brought in. We might assume Conte or Zidane could be brought in quickly but both could be wanting to wait for the end of the season and see. Ten hag small possibility is surely only coming at the end.

Last edited:

stw2022

If we win there’s no issue. If we lose it isn’t so much the result but the fallout. There’s already leaks from the camp about unhappiness with quality of training sessions; journalists are openly now beginning to talk in terms of how poorly we’re coached. These things have a momentum it’s very difficult to stop.

Sviken

The CL win will give him time if we get beat today. A big loss to Pool and City plus a draw with Atalanta I could see a sacking. I don't think just the two losses will do but depends how we are in these games, if we get swept aside then it will be clear as day we need someone else. I think we have enough to look reasonable and even get a point or three so it will move out to December fixtures and our position.

Also he may stay until the end of the season if the boards choice can't be brought in. We might assume Conte or Zidane could be brought in quickly but both could be wanting to wait for the end of the season and see. Ten hag small possibility is surely only coming at the end.
I gave up on the league ,but hopefully he doesn't feck up the CL. If a good manager comes in, he might win it. Stranger things thave happened in football. We're not winning the league though, no matter who comes in. This league is beyond tough and the top teams never miss a beat. For us to catch up to them after losing so many stupid points to weak teams would be nothing short of a miracle.

So let's just get out of this CL group, sack him (because to pretend he's gonna turn this around is.... delusional) and hopefully make a good run in the CL. This team with Ole or not would be good enough for a top 4 regardless, due to individual quality. But top 4 is simply not enough given the amount of money spent, years "tactically" gelling and players brought in.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
If we win then it may well bounce us back into the season, fire up the fans and ease the pressure on him. Another bad result and I would say the league is all but over for us.

I don’t think we’ll sack him mid-season. He’s just signed a new contract, we won’t want an interim replacement, and I doubt a permanent replacement would join until the summer.
Yeah if people are viewing top four as the base requirement of him then it's hard to see him being sacked midseason. You just can't imagine it getting as toxic as it did under Jose, pushing the board to act early.
Who knows what the tipping point is for the suits though...

stw2022

Yeah if people are viewing top four as the base requirement of him then it's hard to see him being sacked midseason. You just can't imagine it getting as toxic as it did under Jose, pushing the board to act early.
Like with Jose’s refusal to use Fred spawned a hesitancy to back him in the market, it won’t be going unnoticed that Sancho has joined VDB on the Ole scrap heap. £110m down the drain will play as big a role in any decision than whatever happens today

Zen86

Base requirement was a challenge for the title, which is still feasible with a result today albeit unrealistic. The only way I see them pulling the trigger on Ole mid-season is if he completely loses the dressing room and/or looks set to lose out on top 4. That’s not to say they wouldn’t look to replace him in the summer if it’s a disappointing season on the whole.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Still not any time soon, in my opinion. I think they have (too much) patience with him.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This could end 5-0 and I am not sure the club would sack him. I am despondent.

wr8_utd

:'(
We could get smashed by 8 tonight and he'd still be smiling and still in a job.

SAFMUTD

He earned the right to throw the season to the garbage because progress or something

RedDevilRoshi

This is simply beyond inexcusable now. We look and play like a pub team under him. No organisation whatsoever.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Give me one reason to stick with this incompetent manager ? One reason?

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
For the last 6 weeks we have been cut apart game after game irrespective of who we start and who we are playing against but nothing changes somehow

Status
Not open for further replies.