Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RUCK4444

I’m not going to get into an argument on whether he should or shouldn’t be sacked, but I really hope all those that are scrambling to get him the bullet remember this when it comes to the next choice of manager,

The short sightedness is the thing that bothers me the most. I’m not a staunch ‘Ole in’ person but for me, you only sack him if there’s a better alternative. This isn’t a job for Zidane, despite his record, he hasn’t had a rebuilding job like Utd. Conte is Jose mark 2, the football he plays is tumescent nonsense. I am truly dreading the thought of him getting the job, it’ll be awful to watch us with him in charge.

So who is going to take us to the level where we think we should be and a more important question, do we really trust the board to make the correct decision here?
This my friend is precisely why I've been so patient with Ole. I have real concerns with the potential replacements.

That said the result yesterday was a disgrace and in isolation a potentially sackable offence in most fans eyes, single worst result in history to our biggest rivals - that can get you the can at almost any club in the world. This season so far has been a big step backwards, which is what I've always maintained would be a turning point for me and my support for the manager.

There's a lot of 'I told you so' posts kicking in now which is to be expected. There's no shame in backing the manager in the absence of a prime candidate to replace him so long as there is slow but steady improvement, season on season (which there has been, in both the squad and our league position.)

The truth is many managers wouldn't have gotten as far as Ole has in this rebuild process, at least Ole leaves us with a competitive squad strengthened well in almost every area besides midfield, that allows the next fella to address the primary issue in midfield next and they can potentially compete on all fronts... that is a lot more than the previous managers left us with, and that includes two poxes cups with Mourinho, a feck load more.

hobbers

Neville has lost his mind.

What's he suggesting now? The players social media and PR teams are conspiring against Ole? Or what?

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
The thing I don't get with Neville is that it doesn't have to be mutually exclusive.

Ole can not be good enough at the same time as the players can be an utter disgrace to the shirt and to the fans.

I'd say it's both things. Ole not good enough and players attitude and application absolutely disgracefully not good enough.

A new manager is going to have to somehow fix the disgraceful attitude shown by the players at the same time as fixing the poor tactical set up instilled by Ole and co.

phonics_tid

Your Mother Was a Hamster and Your Father Smelt of
Our football already is tumescent nonsense and awful to watch. our most exciting games are when the opposition is cutting through us at will.
So your answer is to get rid of him and replace him with a manager who is known for playing terrible football?

Also, I don’t agree that we’ve always been tumescent under Ole. Sure this season has been a dumpster fire but we played some great stuff last season under him. I’m confident there is improvement to come and given the option of Ole or Conte, knowing how the Conte experiment will go, I’ll always choose Ole.

Bratt

On a personal note, I am truly and genuinely sad it ended this way for Ole, he loves the club and tried his absolute best. He will be hurting no doubt but time away from the game will be good for him, not to mention spending time with his family. I hope he finds success at another club.
Agreed.
Don’t think he’ll ever manage a team in England again though, but I could see him manage a club back home in Norway in the future.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I’m not going to get into an argument on whether he should or shouldn’t be sacked, but I really hope all those that are scrambling to get him the bullet remember this when it comes to the next choice of manager,

The short sightedness is the thing that bothers me the most. I’m not a staunch ‘Ole in’ person but for me, you only sack him if there’s a better alternative. This isn’t a job for Zidane, despite his record, he hasn’t had a rebuilding job like Utd. Conte is Jose mark 2, the football he plays is tumescent nonsense. I am truly dreading the thought of him getting the job, it’ll be awful to watch us with him in charge.

So who is going to take us to the level where we think we should be and a more important question, do we really trust the board to make the correct decision here?
There is nothing like a perfect manager for any club. You keep on trying until you hit the right one. That's NOT an excuse not to fire an incompetent clueless manager. If Zidane or Conte fails, then you fire them and move to next one. That's how football works.

United Hobbit

You know the world has gone to hell when a Liverpool man has more sense regarding the clubs future and state than an ex United man.

Neville has been an embarrassment with his incredibly biased and short sighted takes. He was the laughingstock of social media yesterday after that idiotic statement implying that we shouldn't hire elite managers simply because LVG and Mourinho (both passed their prime when hired) failed, shame Carragher was the voice of reason.
Exactly. Gary Neville clearly has too much emotion in this and needs to take a step back and look at this objectively. What would he be saying if this wasn't one of his pals? Hope the club don't listen to his opinion.

The trigger needs to be pulled. Today

hobbers

The abuse has all been aimed at Ole and not the morons who employed him as usual.
No it hasn't. Most people correctly apportion the most blame on Woodward for this. Hiring LVG, hiring Mourinho, hiring Ole, extending Ole's contract.

It's not even on the owners, they're hands off. It all falls on Woodward, Judge and their clueless lawyer cronies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Can't believe people are getting at Gary Neville for supporting his mate.

What kind of friend kicks his mate on the way down?

Ole is about to get fired. Its obvious from all the briefing going out to the Manchester press pack about the players not believing in him etc. Feels like a familiar 'source.'

Why are people so keen to see Nev stick the knife in?

Rolaholic

Honestly, he's lost it
Exactly. Gary Neville clearly has too much emotion in this and needs to take a step back and look at this objectively. What would he be saying if this wasn't one of his pals? Hope the club don't listen to his opinion.

The trigger needs to be pulled. Today
He's gone full on reactionary and is as stubborn as they come in his defense of United managers as sacred and holy infallable figures.

It's crazy that he was one of the most vocal players coming out against the board and owners last year yet completely chooses to stick his head in the sand at all times regarding the chronic lack of quality coaching at the club even as we have one of the best sides in the country on paper yet continue to regress.

Flytan

Ole is about to get fired. Its obvious from all the briefing going out to the Manchester press pack about the players not believing in him etc. Feels like a familiar 'source.'

Well most people don't have a job where you're supposed to leave your biases at the door. Not to mention what he's doing right now is completely optional. He could just not be posting on twitter.

Loony BoB

No other manager could beat one of Everton, Villa or Leicester with this current squad?

I’m genuinely baffled how after yesterday people are still marginalising this car crash he’s resided over.
Any manager can beat them. Any manager can lose to them. I stand by that.

Also, someone highlighted me saying that you can't expect to win the league when Klopp/Pep are around: I stand by this, but I want to clarify that I don't mean you can't win it. Just that it's not a given, it's not entitled, and not winning the league should not be a surprise. These are, in my opinion, the best two managers in the world at the moment when it comes to ability to win the Premier League. That doesn't mean I like them, doesn't mean I hate them, just means I respect their ability to do exactly that, and think that to EXPECT you will be the victor ahead of both of these two managers is unwarranted arrogance.

To sacrifice a manager if winning the PL doesn't happen, you better be sure the next guy coming in will improve the club. The two managers we had before Ole were genuine world class managers. The manager before that was chosen by the greatest manager of all time. Constantly bringing in big names and saying "they'll do better with this squad, they'd have won" leaves me wondering why Jose and LVG didn't win the league every year, and why Ole - trophies aside - did better with Jose's squad than Jose did. Jose's only successes were both in second rate competitions using LVG's squad. Ole managed to get to the final of the Europa League and only lost on penalties, are we saying that a penalty shootout is the deciding factor between Ole being amazing or trash because it's all about trophies? He has got us closer to the title than any of the "great" managers before him, and he was using a squad he chose.

Points from title since SAF:
2013-14: 32 points, Moyes/Giggs (CL QF, FA 3rd round, EFL SF)
2014-15: 17 points, LVG (FA 6th round, EFL 2nd round)
2015-16: 15 points, LVG (CL Group, EL RO16, FA winner, EFL 4th round)
2016-17: 24 points, Jose (EFL winner, FA QF, EFL winner)
2017-18: 19 points, Jose (CL RO16, FA Final, EFL 5th round)
2018-19: 32 points, Jose/Ole (CL QF, FA QF, EFL 3rd round)
2019-20: 33 points, Ole (EL SF, FA SF, EFL SF)
2020-21: 12 points, Ole (CL group, EL Final, FA QF, EFL SF)
2021-22: 8 points, Ole (CL ongoing, FA ongoing, EFL 3rd round)

He's the only manager to have actually improved over time, in my opinion. This season has been poor so far, I agree on that and I'm sure everyone does. I just don't think changing managers every season they fail is the solution (for the record, I don't consider the season in bold above a failure with our squad).

Ole's buys so far have been considerably better than any other manager by a huge distance. I hope that this continues and we build an incredible title-winning squad. To do that, we need to give him more time.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

It's not that, he's just approaching it in the wrong way by attacking everyone else instead. All he needs to say is that he's gutted for Ole if this is the end.

InfiniteBoredom

No one should take Gary Neville seriously, except his employees. SAF had it right in his memoirs, too opinionated without offering anything good.

Rolaholic

This isn't particular to Ole though, he had a meltdown when Mourinho was sacked

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Where's that gif with enough internet for today. Make a version of it with 'the season' for Neville and get him a Snickers.

phonics_tid

This my friend is precisely why I've been so patient with Ole. I have real concerns with the potential replacements.

That said the result yesterday was a disgrace and in isolation a potentially sackable offence in most fans eyes, single worst result in history to our biggest rivals - that can get you the can at almost any club in the world. This season so far has been a big step backwards, which is what I've always maintained would be a turning point for me and my support for the manager.

There's a lot of 'I told you so' posts kicking in now which is to be expected. There's no shame in backing the manager in the absence of a prime candidate to replace him so long as there is slow but steady improvement, season on season (which there has been, in both the squad and our league position.)

The truth is many managers wouldn't have gotten as far as Ole has in this rebuild process, at least Ole leaves us with a competitive squad strengthened well in almost every area besides midfield, that allows the next fella to address the primary issue in midfield next and they can potentially compete on all fronts... that is a lot more than the previous managers left us with, and that includes two poxes cups with Mourinho, a feck load more.
Sack him and get in Conte, we’ll find ourself in the exact same position as we we’re in when Jose was in charge. We’ll then need to go through the whole rebuilding process again.

if there was an obvious candidate out there, I’d be supportive of getting rid of Ole, but there isn’t. I just find the clawing of people to get rid really poor, if you think we’re fecked now there’s a lot worse to come if we cock up this decision.

Nick7

So your answer is to get rid of him and replace him with a manager who is known for playing terrible football?

Also, I don’t agree that we’ve always been tumescent under Ole. Sure this season has been a dumpster fire but we played some great stuff last season under him. I’m confident there is improvement to come and given the option of Ole or Conte, knowing how the Conte experiment will go, I’ll always choose Ole.
Read my posts on Conte before deciding what I think.

completely disagree with your point about last season. We played tumescent football last year too. I’ve been quite consistent in thinking we’ve played awful stuff under Ole. There’s no “improvement” under Ole. This is him as a manager, this is how he’s been since he got the full time job.

hobbers

In before Gary Neville likens Trump voters to United fans calling for Ole to be sacked

laughtersassassin

He's bloody exhausating
The amount of harm Neville does to the club is mad.

Somehow he mostly uses his platform to negatively affect us.

Anyway Ole is not good for United. If you want Ole to stay you are actively not wanting the best for United by proxy in my opinion

MalcolmTucker

I'm not sold on Zidane myself but I disagree that we need a rebuild. We have a very good squad, we just need a top manager to get the best out of them. I wanted Ole to succeed and I think he's built a decent squad, but we look like a team with no identity. Time to go.

Woodzy

That's like saying we should put SAF at centre back because he won so much for us as a manager.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The murmurs about players losing confidence in the manager are normally where it starts…

hobbers

Sack him and get in Conte, we’ll find ourself in the exact same position as we we’re in when Jose was in charge. We’ll then need to go through the whole rebuilding process again.

if there was an obvious candidate out there, I’d be supportive of getting rid of Ole, but there isn’t. I just find the clawing of people to get rid really poor, if you think we’re fecked now there’s a lot worse to come if we cock up this decision.
Worse than 1 point in 4 games and losing 5-0 to Liverpool at home?

Yeah, nah.

phonics_tid

There is nothing like a perfect manager for any club. You keep on trying until you hit the right one. That's NOT an excuse not to fire an incompetent clueless manager. If Zidane or Conte fails, then you fire them and move to next one. That's how football works.
FFS, have we not done that enough already?

This will be our 5th manager post Fergie, what makes you think the board will make the right decision and not make us worse? We finished 2nd last season, we weren’t great and it was a weird season but we still finished 2nd.

I just can’t handle the thought of Conte getting the job. If that happens, weird more fecked than we are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.