Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
If urban legend is to be believed, he was one game from getting the push back in 1990. An FA Cup tie at Forest, IIRC. Mark Robins scored the winner, and you went on to win the cup, beating Palace after a replay.
I think thats one of those urban legends with truth to it. SAF was deffo on the brink and United had just been beat 5-1 by City so some similarities to now except City were newly promoted back then so even worse in a way.
Robins scored vs Forest and then a crucial one against Oldham in the semi (when the fa cup meant almost as much as the league) - that saved SAF and the rest is history.
Also bumped into Mark Robins in a club in the mid to late 90s (in Leicester) and he was well aware of the above and proud of it. He said he was a United fan too.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Where have you seen that?
Woodward, you may have forgotten, announced that he would step down from his role in April following the failure of the Super League fiasco. Six months on, he is still at Old Trafford with sources telling ESPN he may remain there until next April (link)

Teja

I hope they have a better replacement lined up if they do sack him.

If they give it to Carrick / McKenna till the end of the season, I'd lose my shit.

No Love

If you’re going to do it, do it. Don’t let it rumble on. Make your decision, stick to it and act with conviction.

Flytan

If they give it to Carrick / McKenna till the end of the season, I'd lose my shit.
By a lot of accounts the players are really unhappy with McKenna so I doubt it's him at the very least

Chairman Steve

I think Gary Neville has had his mind broken from yesterday. Now he’s saying Boris Johnson is responsible for fans having expectations on their clubs? :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Could you imagine :lol:

A "morale" boosting caretaker situation, that we definitely haven't seen before.

Thanks, found the article just about. The Glazers reportedly didn't want him to leave, so it's not much of a surprise.
April 2022 will soon become April 2023, which will then become 'not f'n leaving' like Jordan Belfort in the Wolf of Wall Street.

Loony BoB

He did win trophies though. I don't care much for debating amongst the three duds that followed Moyes but if Ole has supposed minor progress, Jose has trophies (the entire purpose) albeit small ones.
I'm not sure just what level of controversial it is to say this but I'll take watchable football, positivity and humility (with a few 2nd places) over boring football, negativity and arrogance (with a couple of small 1sts).

If I liked boring football I would have been a Liverpool fan like my brother-in-law asked me to be. I literally tried watching them about five times, fell asleep every time. Watched them play United and suddenly I saw what football was all about, to me as an NZer they were the All Blacks of football, attack attack attack. Note: We didn't win any PL trophies in the first three years of me watching football, either, but I fell in love with the club during that time anyway. Needless to say my brother-in-law was mortified. :D I'm not going to change my team, so I want my team to keep playing attractive football above all else, otherwise I'll just stop watching the boring football. Too loyal to switch.
Vibes versus success. You can see the difference in values of fans
Very, very true. And each have their own merit - I won't say that either side is "wrong" so long as it's what gives them happiness. For me, it's vibes first, success second. Of course, I absolutely want them both :D I don't know of anyone else who can come in and magically pull it off though, so I'm fine with Ole getting another season. He's the only one who has actually progressed us during his tenure.

MonkeysMagic

MEN don't know Jack at the best of times, so I'll take this for what it is...Luckhurst spouting his thoughts.

Just don't see how the Glazers or their stooge Woodward have the foresight to make a decision which should've been made last year!

Chairman Steve

Oh god if this is like how we carry out player transfers, then we’ll be preparing a potential severance package next week

TeddyBear

'Ole's CL goal was overrated'
By a lot of accounts the players are really unhappy with McKenna so I doubt it's him at the very least
From photos of those usual trainings, all hugs, laughs and smiles.

actual match day, bunch of zombies roaming around the pitch.

got me thinking wtf they are doing in trainings.

There's no way the MEN runs this if they're not pretty damn sure this is the case.

United could easily ban the MEN from Friday pressers, which would be hugely damaging for the local paper. If the MEN is running this its 90% sure Solskjaer is out.

pascell

April 2022 will soon become April 2023, which will then become 'not f'n leaving' like Jordan Belfort in the Wolf of Wall Street.
:lol: Can imagine Woodward trying to make a similar speech in the United dressing room. Just for all the players to look around blankly at each other wondering wtf he's going on about.

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU

:lol::lol::lol: This says it all you need to know.

On a serious note; what could be the instructions he is giving with those dance steps?

Last edited:

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I'd only accept it if it's a combo sack. Carrick and McKenna should be booted too. I've seen enough amazing coaching, getting pretty tired of their brilliance.

Pace Abuser

MEN don't know Jack at the best of times, so I'll take this for what it is...Luckhurst spouting his thoughts.

Just don't see how the Glazers or their stooge Woodward have the foresight to make a decision which should've been made last year!
Luckhurst gets a lot right. He's just disliked so not given credence he deserves. But his info is reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.