• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Lets see what happens against Spurs. We are still top of the CL group.
I don't understand why you're offering up this arbitrary criteria when it's patently obvious you don't believe in it yourself. Even if United lose to Spurs and end up going out of the Champions League you'd continue to support him regardless.

Teja

My God are they going to feed Ole to the wolves (not those wolves, City)? The scenes if we get blasted again!
It'll be a cunning plan. He wins against City and goes out on a high. He loses against City and the calls to leave will grow louder.

At any rate, the new guy will have an extremely kind fixture list after City.

Daengophile

With the Guardian reporting that several players have stated their frustration at the lack of direction - Ole "not up to it" and "tactically underwhelming", it should all be over by now.

It'll be a cunning plan. He wins against City and goes out on a high. He loses against City and the calls to leave will grow louder.

At any rate, the new guy will have an extremely kind fixture list after City.
He beats City he probably gets extra time, then the kind fixture list after Chelsea sees him end the season. Qualify for 4th, and he’s still here next season.

meninred

Though no one really knows what the board thinks.. they might see this at a broader sense
1/ He has signed a three year contract
2/we can qualify for champions leage knockout
3/ 4th place is still attainable ( with players we have we are better than most teams like totenham..arsenal..westham..leicester..everton..)
True they can also pull the trigger though it is not manutd way..esp with the pressure from media and fans
My gut instinct is they will give him chance if he can turn things around..

Cloud7

It’s after midnight in England everyone. Get some rest. We go again at 8am GMT tomorrow.

ti vu

Chelsea fans said the same thing towards the end of Lampards tenure
Extremely rare for 2 situation to be the same. Who is another Tuchel to be sacked mid season for us to poach?

Sviken

Extremely rare for 2 situation to be the same. Who is another Tuchel to be sacked mid season for us to poach?
From the available coaches - Conte has a much better reputation than Tuchel had when he was sacked from PSG. Arguably, he is a better coach, as well. Zidane, too, but he won't come here.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Probably just waiting until the international break so we don't have to do the whole caretaker manager thing.
By then we will be knocked out of Champions League and out of race for even top 4 in EPL.

The disaster is so clear that waiting for anything anymore is pure craziness. I bet he starts the same shitty lineup in the next games that he started against Atalanta and Liverpool

The Oracle

Maybe Solskjær could do nothing about what happened on Sunday...

It was 16th February 1946, and it was just a few months after restrictions were lifted following a global event (World War II), and capacity crowds had been allowed back into English stadiums

The venue was Anfield, and a full-house watched on as Liverpool was humiliated 5-0 on their home patch by Manchester United.

Fast-forward 75 years...

It was 24th October 2021, and it was just a few months after restrictions were lifted following a global event (Coronavirus), and capacity crowds had been allowed back into English stadiums

The venue was Old Trafford, and a full-house watched on as Manchester United was humiliated 5-0 on their home patch by Liverpool.

:eek:

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
From the available coaches - Conte has a much better reputation than Tuchel had when he was sacked from PSG. Arguably, he is a better coach, as well. Zidane, too, but he won't come here.
Problem with Conte is that he plays 3-5-2 so we will have no use for Rashy or Sancho and we don't really have 3-4 players he needs for his system. And he is not known for changing his system to 4-3-3 or 4--2-3-1 so how can he play with the players we have? Otherwise, yes, I like Conte as well but can't see how he can come in midseason and do anything good

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What was the biggest trophy Tuchel had won prior to the CL with Chelsea?

::sonny::

They are going to wait some other weeks hoping for some miracle

When City will win like 10-0, they will be forced to sack him and with Conte ready (prepared his staff, studied the squad, organised a relocation)

weizxx

Solskjaer righted the ship after the 6-1 defeat to Spurs last year. This year, if he does the same and adds a trophy, then it's progress.
I really hope I have your positive attitude in facing my life. That will make my life a lot easier.

ti vu

What was the biggest trophy Tuchel had won prior to the CL with Chelsea?
Made CL final with PSG while matching his predecessor by winning domestically quadruple. Winning domestica quadruple with PSG alone is not superb feat, but making CL final with PSG where players' ego is unchecked, on top of that is a mark of making step into the elite area.

Tuchel may not be a storming force as Pep, or Klopp, but he has made solid step proving himself in different aspect: surviving rebuilding under shadow of Klopp, winning domestic cup with Dortmund, learning to manage ego at PSG, and actually progress with his coaching, meeting standard set by his predecessors, then surpassing them. He's not still unproven like someone as Poch in term of ego managing, or lack of progress in CL like Conte, or how Zidane is gonna do with a team that lack financial power and elite aura to attract top players, Ten Hag's unproven at managing in top league...

Last edited:

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Problem with Conte is that he plays 3-5-2 so we will have no use for Rashy or Sancho and we don't really have 3-4 players he needs for his system. And he is not known for changing his system to 4-3-3 or 4--2-3-1 so how can he play with the players we have? Otherwise, yes, I like Conte as well but can't see how he can come in midseason and do anything good
Where does this myth keep coming from? Conte used 343 at Chelsea with Hazard & Pedro. Rashford & Sancho are perfectly suited. Also our squad is ready to compete now, & Conte will come to win now. He doesn't need a big rebuild in the slightest.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Made CL final with PSG while matching his predecessor by winning domestically quadruple. Winning domestica quadruple with PSG alone is not superb feat, but making CL final with PSG where players' ego is unchecked, on top of that is a mark of making step into the elite area.
Those achievements - in League 1 with PSG and merely making a final with Neymar, Mbappe and cp - are nowhere near Conte winning genuinely big trophies in Italy (starting a dominant dynasty), England (after Mourinhos meltdown season) and again Italy (champions after ages).

MasterCode

I knew there’s going to be a meltdown but didn’t think for a minute that SAF would get sworn at. What a fecking low level to drop to. fecking ban the cnut!
Yea I agree we can all be mad. But SAF disrespect is unacceptable. You would get mauled at a game saying tripe like that. That's definitely a bannable offense.

L_O_S_T

Looking at the history of the club and how slow they make their decisions, I think he will be given at the very least 3 more games.

However looking at the upcoming fixture list, it would'nt make sense to bring in someone now in the middle of the nightmare run.

31 Oct - TOT (A)
03 Nov - ATA (A)
06 Nov - MCI (H)
20 Nov - WAT (A)
24 Nov - VIL (A)
29 Nov - CHE (A)
03 Dec - ARS (H)
05 Dec - CRY (H)

Seems like the best time to bring in someone would be either after the city game on 06 Nov, along with the international break to give the new coach some time to come in, or after the CHE game on 29 Nov to let the new coach start afresh with less demanding games.

Last edited:

mancan92

Tuchel may not be a storming force as Pep, or Klopp, but he has made solid step proving himself in different aspect: surviving rebuilding under shadow of Klopp, winning domestic cup with Dortmund, learning to manage ego at PSG, and actually progress with his coaching, meeting standard set by his predecessors, then surpassing them. He's not still unproven like someone as Poch in term of ego managing, or lack of progress in CL like Conte, or how Zidane is gonna do with a team that lack financial power and elite aura to attract top players, Ten Hag's unproven at managing in top league...
We lack financial power? :lol:

NewYorkRed

If he playes a 3-4-3, we could play:

—DDG—
-Dalot-Lindelof-Varane-Maguire-Shaw
—Fred—
Pogba Fernandes
—Sancho/Rashford—Ronaldo

That team looks pretty good on paper. Sancho could actually thrive in a more free role, linking with Pogba and Fernandes quite well. Rashford/Greenwood would still get plenty of game time as well. Martial, if he decides to put the effort in, would actually fit in perfectly in that system as well.

I am not pro Conte, but the Chelsea side he won the league with played decent football. If its him or Ole at this point, I would take him and try to win now and see where we are in a year or two. The man has shown he can go toe to toe with Pep/Klopp and actually come out on top.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
"Cristiano Ronaldo is also thought to have become frustrated by some of Mason Greenwood’s decision-making and reluctance to pass in goal scoring positions."

Thank feck for that.
Very ironic considering Ruud's complaints about Ronaldo way back then. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.