Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Don't disagree at all.

When it affects your personal state of mind too much, absolutely the best thing to do is remove yourself from it and focus on things that being calm, joy.

I started jogging last year to give me an "out" when things weren't going well (not just United) and helps me.. mentally as well as obvious physical benefits, as I forget other shit and jog/listen to music.

My family laugh at me and say "it's only football" forgetting United have been part of my life for over 40 years. That's hard to just laugh and shrug off?

Hope you get to chill and feel (mentally) better. We'll be back.
You've done the right thing and feel the same way. I honestly wish a stupid game didn't have so much control on my life :lol: Anyway, I have found it does get easier to handle with age so that's something, I am at the past really caring stage now.

RepardReece

This is a shocking decision if you ask me if he is to stay.

I do have doubts over Conte, but he's undeniably a brilliant manager, and can definitely produce results quickly. Won titles with Juve, Chelsea and Inter Milan, he's more than worth a go.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think if we don't beat Spurs he's gone. But I'm not convinced about Conte. Don't see any good options available right now. Conte is a madman, Zidane doesn't seem to want the job but I'm not convinced about his ability either. Difficult decision for the club.
And what do you think about ten Hag?

Flytan

You clearly don't understand what I'm trying to say here.

Ole and his coaches clearly aren't working.

The club, it seems do not want to sack Ole.

So, why not do the next best thing and get some new coaches in?
Okay again, let's try to spell it out real slow, I won't randomly bold my words:

-Ole is a bad manager
-Ole is close to being sacked
-The club is in disarray
-It's the middle of the season

No coaches are going to join Manchester United that are even remotely promising. They are not going to gamble their careers on a situation with a terrible manager who would be sacked by any club without a delusional fan base. If Ole had any pull whatsoever he would already have good coaches, but he doesn't, because he has no pedigree.

EDIT: Also my god, why do we talk about our assistants so much? We're the only club in football who has fans who want to absolve the person in charge from responsibility and blame it on the people under him.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I mean seriously what is the point of giving him the next few games?

Even in the unlikely scenario we beat Spurs and City, he’s still not the right guy for the job.

Tear off the bandaid ffs.

reelworld

Seeing as Carrick / McKenna / Phelan are part of the current mess, doo you think they'd do any better? People keep mentioning Fletcher. Again, would he fair better?
I don't know, maybe maybe not. But I'm sure as hell that we wont get any better with Ole in charge. Why prolong this?

crossy1686

career ending
Okay again, let's try to spell it out real slow, I won't randomly bold my words:

-Ole is a bad manager
-Ole is close to being sacked
-The club is in disarray
-It's the middle of the season

No coaches are going to join Manchester United that are even remotely promising. They are not going to gamble their careers on a situation with a terrible manager who would be sacked by any club without a delusional fan base. If Ole had any pull whatsoever he would already have good coaches, but he doesn't, because he has no pedigree.
Correct. Plus, there’s always a chance that the coaches may actually learn something under a stronger manager in the next 6 months.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Why do you even care?

Do you think it would be more or less embarrassing to sack Solskjaer now and bring in Conte so he can struggle against Spurs, Atalanta and City? Or shall we just wait for the international break and give him the start he deserves?

People full blown panicking because some rival fans are laughing at us, like we’re imminently about to get relegated…
Because this cannot be allowed to continue. There has to be a line drawn and losing 5-0 at home against our biggest rival after the other performances/results this season is unforgivable and he has to go. There is every possibility we get results in the next 2 games, what then? You know what will happen he’ll be staying.

It has to happen.

Dante

Average bang
I've now changed my view and think is time is at an end. Give him Spurs and City, then unless he wins both of those it's time for the big goodbye. Give it to McKenna until June, then go all in for ten Hag.
As long as we keep it away from Eric Ramsay.

United have actually got worse at setpieces and defending since last season.

crossy1686

career ending
I mean seriously what is the point of giving him the next few games?

Even in the unlikely scenario we beat Spurs and City, he’s still not the right guy for the job.

Tear off the bandaid ffs.
To give the new manager a better set of fixtures? The first game sets the mood, it shouldn’t be City.

reelworld

You've done the right thing and feel the same way. I honestly wish a stupid game didn't have so much control on my life :lol: Anyway, I have found it does get easier to handle with age so that's something, I am at the past really caring stage now.
You know, I'm actually at this stage before but got roped by my friends to watch the Liverpool game. And now it's fecking worse. I wished I hadn't watch it.

Handsome Devil

What if....
Three years ago, we could have replaced Jose with Poch or some other hip flavour of the month. They then just crashed and burned at the weekend and today the board are just about to appoint Ole as caretaker manager.
What I'm trying to say is, can we ever have faith in this board?

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I don't know, maybe maybe not. But I'm sure as hell that we wont get any better with Ole in charge. Why prolong this?
Personally I think Conte will be brought in almost straight away regardless, reports are saying he's ready. I don't think Ole will get the 3 games in. Another bad performance at the weekend and it will be done.

crossy1686

career ending
Because this cannot be allowed to continue. There has to be a line drawn and losing 5-0 at home against our biggest rival after the other performances/results this season is unforgivable and he has to go. There is every possibility we get results in the next 2 games, what then? You know what will happen he’ll be staying.

It has to happen.
And it fecking won’t! Chill the feck out! Even if he wins the games 5-0 he’s still gone. He’s lost the dressing room, the staff, the fans and the board. Can you not read the current situation? He knows himself there’s no coming back now, you could see it on his face when he was walking off the pitch last game.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Relax everyone - it's because they are working on bringing in Hag and VDS in July

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Whether acute pain meant the hierarchy would act over Solskjaer was unclear for a period on Monday. But by nightfall it transpired he will very likely be given the opportunity to rectify matters, starting at Tottenham on Saturday.
There was unequivocal backing after the defeat to Leicester and while it was possible to detect a slight softening of that tone post-Liverpool, Solskjaer still has support from above for the moment. In the past fortnight key directors have privately voiced a determination to plan long-term with the Norwegian.
From The Athletic.

crossy1686

career ending
Personally I think Conte will be brought in almost straight away regardless, reports are saying he's ready. I don't think Ole will get the 3 games in. Another bad performance at the weekend and it will be done.
I think it’s easier to bring a new manager in on the cusp of a CL game than it is a PL game, so watch this space for the Atalanta game. I wonder if Conte will be scouting them this weekend?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think its clear that he wont win the players over here, makes no sense keeping him for these 3 and then cutting the cord. They should just call it now if they know they are getting Conte.

Barthez

Why do people seem to think Ole won't be sacked? There is this theory floating around that the Glazers are happy with mediocrity, which I find nuts to be honest. We have spent £450m net over the last few transfer windows, do people HONESTLY believe that the Glazers do this because they love Utd, or because they want to see results on the pitch?

Let's just calm down for one second. Clearly, Ole has to go and I believe he will go...but what sense does sacking him this week make? We have Spurs (A), Atalanta (A) and City (H) coming up, followed by an International break, then a winnable game against Watford.

Surely, it makes sense to sound out our managerial targets, have two weeks to think about what we do/who we approach and then make our move after we get spanked by City? That way, the new manager has two weeks to get into Carrington, start to meet some of the players and staff and then hopefully get us off to a winning start against a beatable side
Because the owners see OLE (whether people agree or not) the long-term answer, hence he was backed with funds and given a new 3 year contract. I doubt they will change their minds. If that was the case, he would have gone Monday Morning. We are top of the CL group and apart from the past 2 league game results we would be in a good league position. I’m “guessing” they are waiting for Sunday. If it doesn’t go well then, then my guess is he goes. If he gets a result then it’ll be onto City and see how that goes. I think they are just seeing if it’s a blip or irreversible.

Kaos

3 chances to do what? Fluke a win and pretend he is at the wheel again? The longer we keep him the more we resign ourselves to mediocrity. Get rid now. Stop enabling this loser mentality.
I think it's evident they're stalling. They've clearly been unprepared for the scenario where they'd have to replace the manager midseason so are just now clawing to reach out to potential candidates to replace Ole. A properly managed club would have prepared for this situation and been in constant contact with managers but this is United after all.

An absolute shambles whichever way you look at it.

Hughes35

He might not lose. But even if he loses, he might evaluate the squad and do enough trainings to change things when the time comes for the easier matches.

Putting a new manager in charge with the squad having lost 5 of the last 6 leagues games and to give him only a few days to prepare must-win matches for Watford and Villareal is not a better idea. Especially considering that we will lose against Atalanta, and thus the Villareal match will become a must 'not lose' match. Lose that and we are out of UCL, so not the best start for a manager (while if he gets the team now, he can afford to lose one of Atalanta/Villareal matches).
2 weeks to prepare between City and Watford so a good period for a new manager.

I think there is a good chance they are getting everything lined up now so when they pull the trigger, a new manager is ready and waiting.

I'd rather Ole went now too though tbh. It's clear he's on his way out so i'd rather it was over and done with.

saivet

30/10/2021​
Premier LeagueSatAwayTottenham
02/11/2021​
Champions LgTueAwayAtalanta
06/11/2021​
Premier LeagueSatHomeManchester City
20/11/2021​
Premier LeagueSatAwayWatford
23/11/2021​
Champions LgTueAwayVillarreal
28/11/2021​
Premier LeagueSunAwayChelsea
02/12/2021​
Premier LeagueThuHomeArsenal
05/12/2021​
Premier LeagueSunHomeCrystal Palace
08/12/2021​
Champions LgWedHomeYoung Boys
11/12/2021​
Premier LeagueSatAwayNorwich City
14/12/2021​
Premier LeagueTueAwayBrentford
18/12/2021​
Premier LeagueSatHomeBrighton
27/12/2021​
Premier LeagueMonAwayNewcastle Utd
30/12/2021​
Premier LeagueThuHomeBurnley

I think Ole will stay in place until the Arsenal game on 02/12/2021.

Similar to how Jose was only sacked after a string of difficult games so that Solksjaer could get his tenure off to a flying start against Cardiff.

Any replacement will appreciate beginning against Palace, YB, Norwich, Brentford, Brighton, Newcastle and Burnley. That will ensure the new manager bounce isn't wasted against the likes of City or Chelsea.
It's also counter intuitive. Ole does well in those games and we drag this process out for longer. We do poorly and the new manager has less games to rescue a poor situation.

Flytan

I think it's evident they're stalling. They've clearly been unprepared for the scenario where they'd have to replace the manager midseason so are just now clawing to reach out to potential candidates to replace Ole. A properly managed club would have prepared for this situation and been in constant contact with managers but this is United after all.

An absolute shambles whichever way you look at it.
I think they're convinced he can turn it around. That Athletic article is damning. It really sounds like most of the board still is delusional about him succeeding.

Revan

Assumptionman
2 weeks to prepare between City and Watford so a good period for a new manager.

I think there is a good chance they are getting everything lined up now so when they pull the trigger, a new manager is ready and waiting.

I'd rather Ole went now too though tbh. It's clear he's on his way out so i'd rather it was over and done with.
With most players not being there cause of international duties.

reelworld

From The Athletic.
see, this is why it's fecking infuriating
If Ole was sacked the same night after he lost against Liverpool, nobody would bat an eyelid. It's the most obvious and right thing to do.
It's like the board was looking at every possible reason to prolong this even when it's nonsensical.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Is it possible to merge this with the Ole Gunnar Solskjaer thread? @golden_blunder? Gets confusing going to both threads as some news gets missed.

Hughes35

With most players not being there cause of international duties.
Agreed but it still gives the new guy time to settle.

Anyway, it's clearly coming. There is never a perfect time to sack a manager. Ole won't be Utd manager by the end of November.... Unless there is a miracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.