• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

I can understand not wanting Conte because he's not in line with the vision of a cultural reboot they have. In fact in a way that would be a good thing, because the inability to narrow down to one type of manager you want at the club rather than jumping here there and everywhere has been part of the problem over the last decade.

You still have to find a manager who actually does fit though and go get them. Because stasis ain't a solution.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It's utterly baffling how often the club don't do the correct thing. You'd think once in a while by accident they would.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Looks like he’s definitely getting the next 3 games. Can’t say I’ll be watching.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Club cannot just appoint permanent manager in 48 hours notice. The same board was supporting Ole just a few days back. It is highly probable that there was no proactive plan to line up a replacement in doomsday scenario. If they have woken up now (and I hope so) then IMHO instead of acting in haste they should take reasonable amount of time to scan available managers, interview them, understand their vision with the current squad, negotiate contract etc.

If they started acting now then they will take a few week atleast.

I am not a big fan of having a caretaker manager.
Why not? You're saying you want us to not rush an appointment. Seems like a caretaker is the way to go then unless you believe Ole will get results in the upcoming fixtures than most interim managers? It's clear he's lost the players he's frozen out (Lingard, VDB, Bailly according to reports), he'll pick the same underperforming half fit players even if he drops the half arsed "pressing" tactics.
No manager comes back from losing the players which Ole has. Leaks n discontent will appear after every game we drop points. It's untenable.
Exactly, we can all fairly accurately guess which players are still backing him up and players like Ronnie and Bruno won't be pleased with the utter incompetence the next time those players stink up the place.

crossy1686

career ending
So just write off two games completely?

If a new manager comes in ahead of City it immediately gives a lift to the team and improves our chances.
What difference does it make, it’s two games.

You’re asking a lot for a new manager to move county, get to grips with a shit show, coach the players a system and get a result against a rival all in the space of a few days, no?

If you’re appointing a new manager you have to make sure they’re the right person for the job and you set them up with the best chance of success. Not throwing them into the lions den because a bunch of Fanny’s on Red Cafe went into full blown drama/panic mode.

Tony247

I can understand not wanting Conte because he's not in line with the vision of a cultural reboot they have. In fact in a way that would be a good thing, because the inability to narrow down to one type of manager you want at the club rather than jumping here there and everywhere has been part of the problem over the last decade.

You still have to find a manager who actually does fit though and go get them. Because stasis ain't a solution.
At least all agree Ole have to go! Positive news.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

This is why hiring legends etc is a really bad idea. Clouds so much judgement.
If true then the club should make it clear that they will bear responsibility of what happens next. If Ole fails then they will be facing the sack en masse and will have as much decision making powers as Fred the red does. This will be the end of the line for them

GBBQ

You can't imagine we've been caught totally cold by Sunday. There must have been a few talks about options and talks with different managers before hand surely.

It might take a bit of time to get the right manager in, and signed up, but that doesn't mean we should just write off the next few games.
If Murtough and Fletcher are doing their job they will surely have a list of candidates in mind. They might not have expected to have to move on it so quickly though. We may be terminal at the moment but i think most united fans were positive about our future based on the transfer window building on our second place finish.

There's not a chance that regular match going fans will start protesting against Solskjaer at this point.

Not arguing whether he should stay or go, but you won't see the fans at the ground chasing him out of the club.
Surely so many fans leaving early is every bit a protest. A sizeable amount didn't hang around to sing the manager's name or clap the players off the pitch.

MDFC Manager

Seven months ago, we were finishing 2nd and in a European final. I can at least understand the optimism then and that’s when they even gave him a new deal.
The way the season ended in the league and of course the last few games in the EL (including the final) should have actually set alarm bells ringing.

L1nk

How can the board have the nerve to sit there and still favour Pochettino when we could of bloody well had him before he joined PSG, he was there free waiting and available, they CHOSE not to go with him, absolute joke

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I don’t know why people aren’t grasping the fact they don’t want to rush into a fecking appointment. Every journalist is saying he isn’t going to be sacked YET - they haven’t got the next man lined up. Like the majority of this forum they aren’t convinced by Conte - the mistake they’ve made is not backing Ole yesterday whilst looking for the next man. Now they’ve let it be known that he’s going to be sacked regardless, the players don’t trust him anymore and have essentially made him a public dead man walking. That’s the truly staggeringly incompetent aspect of all this - the fact they want to wait and get the next appointment right isn’t the issue it’s the fact they’ve made his position sodding untenable by what happened yesterday.

Revan

Assumptionman
Every manager post-SAF has been backed with funds though...we spend roughly the same each Summer, regardless of who the manager is
I do not think this is true at all. We spent around 250M with Van Gaal, around 300M with Mourinho, 65M with Moyes, and around 420M with Ole.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

You’re asking a lot for a new manager to move county, get to grips with a shit show, coach the players a system and get a result against a rival all in the space of a few days, no?

If you’re appointing a new manager you have to make sure they’re the right person for the job and you set them up with the best chance of success. Not throwing them into the lions den because a bunch of Fanny’s on Red Cafe went into full blown drama/panic mode.
I mean, you're still asking people to pay money to go to the ground and watch a shit show of a team with a manager they don't back against one of the best teams in the league.

Why waste time if you're going to do it anyway? No one would have any expectation the City game would be a barometer, but the earlier someone starts to implement their system, the earlier the results on the pitch.

Ole90+3

I don’t know why people aren’t grasping the fact they don’t want to rush into a fecking appointment. Every journalist is saying he isn’t going to be sacked YET - they haven’t got the next man lined up. Like the majority of this forum they aren’t convinced by Conte - the mistake they’ve made is not backing Ole yesterday whilst looking for the next man. Now they’ve let it be known that he’s going to be sacked regardless, the players don’t trust him anymore and have essentially made him a public dead man walking. That’s the truly staggeringly incompetent aspect of all this - the fact they want to wait and get the next appointment right isn’t the issue it’s the fact they’ve made his position sodding untenable by what happened yesterday.
But surely today's reports from the Athletic is the club doing their best to try and reconcile the situation, or at least make it look like the board is behind the manager.

LoneStar

That’s basically how Tuchel set up against City not three weeks gone
I am not criticising him, and I realise that just a 20 second clip. It's just that I was not sure of the context of the game. Not sure what Tuchel has to do with this.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Calling match going fans deluded cretins really isnt anything good or best for the club though.
I know. Just certain segments. I mean you could say the same about posters who at the same time are not match-goers.

VivaJesperBlomqvist

I don’t think I can stomach watching us until he goes. Even if we win, it’ll just be another false dawn which only delays the inevitable even more.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
If we get stuffed by Spurs then surely he has to go.
I don´t care if we win Spurs, Atalanta and City all together. It should not matter at all. We will be in the exact same position sooner or later if we stick with him.

The players already threw him and McKenna under the bus. Even if it´s disgusting behavior from the players, there is no going back from that. Ole is a dead man walking. It´s painful to watch his slow death as our manager. Just pull the plug and be done with it.

Real Name

Up until the international brake then.

3 games for him to change all the things he was bad at till now.

Sure. Sure.

After Pogba said we should change tactics, Shaw said he saw it coming, De Gea said we're playing like kids and so on.

He will turn it around..

JB7

Spoken like someone who thinks framing themselves as the 'better' fan is more than what's best for the club.
Don't give a feck about being labelled any type of fan, but labelling matchgoers (or pub-goers, or frankly anyone) "deluded cretins" for still singing at 5-0 down is bang out of order and the type of attitude I would expect from a Chelsea fan.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Basically I'm okay-ish with Solskjaer being in charge against Spurs if it's just a case of them needing more than a week to secure the right manager, though I don't get why there'd be such reluctance to just appoint a caretaker. Because it actually worked as an idea last time, it was just making him permanent manager that was the issue.

It's the idea that results against Spurs, City or Atalanta could change the decision that irks. But then maybe that's just what you have to brief while you're leaving him there, even if you know he's gone regardless.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Is what it is. Nothing any of us can do regarding the incompetence of the decision makers. And either Murtough and Fletcher are not fit for purpose too or have little to no say on things, I would suspect it is the latter.

Revan

Assumptionman
Seven months ago, we were finishing 2nd and in a European final. I can at least understand the optimism then and that’s when they even gave him a new deal.
Withing context though, we were second cause Chelsea had Lampard (they got significantly more points than us since Tuchel became their manager), and Klopp had his entire defense injured. Also, while second might look good, we were 12 points below the champions, and had gotten only 74 points, which in most seasons would give you fourth. Also, the football shown on the pitch was disgusting.

There were no reasons to be optimistic if you were thinking with a calm head. If you were thinking with the brain, sure 'remember the goal in '99, Ole at the wheel, etc etc'.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
No manager comes back from losing the players which Ole has. Leaks n discontent will appear after every game we drop points. It's untenable.
In any normal situation or club I agree with you completely…

But this is the Glazer’s Utd, and as we’ve seen plenty of times, lunacy reigns at Utd.

If they wanted to get rid of him, they wouldn’t be dithering now.

They clearly want to keep him. Just watch.

crossy1686

career ending
I mean, you're still asking people to pay money to go to the ground and watch a shit show of a team with a manager they don't back against one of the best teams in the league.

Why waste time if you're going to do it anyway? No one would have any expectation the City game would be a barometer, but the earlier someone starts to implement their system, the earlier the results on the pitch.
People don’t have to travel or pay money to go to the upcoming away games if they don’t want to, in fact I would advise against it if people are worried that Solskjaer is going to keep his job based on match going support.

Because maybe it takes time to get things into place also? If Conte was to be hired, he’s going to want to bring his own coaching staff, potentially 6 people with him. That’s a lot of contracts to sort and agents to speak to. Even if we did sack Solskjaer right now, we wouldn’t have a new manager in place for a couple of weeks anyway. Let’s just get it right instead of fecking panicking, some of you have some real control issues up in here.

Ralph1386

Six points dropped in a tight Top 4 race because we’re in freefall. The new manager lift alone gives us more chance of winning those games.

Edit: Not saying that we should change managers just for the lift it gives.

Tony247

At this point I just simply hope that whatver the result in next 3 matches, the club will replace Ole.

Simply keeping my fingers crossed and believing sanity will prevail within the hierarchy.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Don't give a feck about being labelled any type of fan, but labelling matchgoers (or pub-goers, or frankly anyone) "deluded cretins" for still singing at 5-0 down is bang out of order and the type of attitude I would expect from a Chelsea fan.
A performance like the one on Sunday does not merit an applause. I'm sure you can understand those seriously questioning why one was given.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20

It potentially makes a massive difference to the season. A loss to Spurs and City and a loss to Atalanta would mean that Top 4 was all there was to play for and the season is a write off.

They are at fault either way. It’s not because a few fannies at redcafe complain. It’s because they haven’t seen the signs since Young Boys and the terrible performances recently and haven’t been getting their shit together behind the scenes with a contingency plan.

Chelsea had Tuchel in the next day, but United are caught with their pants down once again, struggling with the idea that the amateur coach they hired isn’t good enough to compete with the world class coaches their rivals have.

An absolute humiliation after a series of really poor performances with world class players on the pitch, seemingly not enough for a quick decision at a club like United.

The club is rudderless and fans have a right to be frustrated.

Flexdegea

Disgraceful talk, but to be fair their is a section of folk on here who happily slate the match going fans, because they aren't rabid emotional fannies and crying at every turn when things not going well, and calling for Ole head in the stadium. They don't seem to get the point that not every one is a entitled cry baa, and they understand the need to support the team on the pitch, while also letting em know they not half with a performance at half time.

Some not be happy until it's burning all around them and the fans are out side pelting the buses and cars like the Barca fans.

spiriticon

Proper Redcafe meltdown in 'ere.

"When to sack? How to sack? Who to hire? When to hire? When to sack again?"

Loving it. Thanks Ole.

Becks-7-

Supports
United & Eintracht Frankfurt
This discussion won‘t stop from now on. Even if he wins against Spurs and City. As soon as United drop some „expected“ points - vs. Watford for example - it will directly start again.

Players are going to hide behind that as well, whether consciously or unconsciously.

Status
Not open for further replies.