• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Carrick and McKenna in as caretakers for the rest of the season before Southgate takes over officially in January. You can just see it happening.
ffs, please don't kick us while we're down :lol:

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Carrick and McKenna in as caretakers for the rest of the season before Southgate takes over officially in January. You can just see it happening.
Those two have overstayed their welcome as well. 0 signs of good football. I thought that was their job.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Ten Hag over Zidane but yeah I think the time has come. Sorry Ole, but you’re still a club legend.

I’d be ok with giving him any other role at the club as he’s clearly got something about him, but he just isn’t a coach.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Can you make the votes public, @Raoul ?

I want to see who voted to keep Ole aside from opposition fans.

lilcurt

I'd love to know who thinks he needs more time. After 3 years we still have no tactics and play crap football. Despite having one of the best squads in Europe.

Dominos

I feel like I’m at the point of giving up on Ole, but honestly can’t see us doing shit with the midfield we have whoever the manager is.

Our defence is also massively overrated, what is it now 19 games without a clean sheet? Pathetic showing from the players
The issue I have with this logic is we're not competing every game against teams who have world class elite midfields. We're getting outplayed by Wolves, Southampton, Villareal, Everton, Villa, Leicester. We're not playing against 2011 Barca here are we, all we want is the midfield to be functional and let the quality of the team shine through. Frankly judging by performances we're also shit absolutely everywhere, poor in attack, in defence, and midfield.

Look at how bad Chelsea were under Lampard, if the team is being poorly coached then they will not look like a cohesive football team.

dutchred

Ten Hag over Zidane but yeah I think the time has come. Sorry Ole, but you’re still a club legend.

I’d be ok with giving him any other role at the club as he’s clearly got something about him, but he just isn’t a coach.
I'm not sure that Ten Haag's style will suit the PL. I like Arno Slot from Feyenoord

InfiniteBoredom

In ten years time, Ole may well be the best managerial fit for United. But right now, he needs to go, learn his trade, get vital experience under his belt, win a trophy or two, then return. Or, he’s a decent number two. I will still laud him for turning this squad around post Mourinho, but he’s simply not ready yet for a job this size, and there is no disgrace in that. He’s a good Sales Manager who’s been catapulted to CEO to steady a destabilised ship.
In ten years time he will be near 60.

He’s been a football manager for what, 12 years? If there’s any real brilliance or ambition for greatness, he wouldn’t have managed only Molde and Cardiff before lucking himself into the United job.

Remember the geese

Tonight would be the best case scenario. If we lose badly next week, then Ole could mirror Jose in being sacked the day after a Liverpool defeat. However, I don't expect us to be this proactive as the mood around the club is nowhere near as bad as it was in December '18.

After this horror run of fixtures, we begin December with games against Palace, Young Boys, Norwich, Brentford, Brighton, Newcastle and Burnley. Could be a potentially nice start for an incoming manager.

eire-red

ASAP is when he should be sacked. Just look at Chelsea after Lampard.. Unfortunately, our board is blind.

MrSingh2002

Apparantely Ole has come out after and said we need to run, block and tackle more
He's just justifying putting McTominay and Fred in for the next game.

Ole needs putting out of his misery.

Who is a coach that is tactically good and proven to get the best from a talented squad?

1. Marco Rose
2. Antonio Conte
3. Erik Ten Haag
4. Carlo Ancelotti
5. Zinedine Zidane
6. Diego Simeone
7. Mauricio Pochettino
8. Brendan Rodgers
9. Graham Potter
10. Hansi Flick
11. Joachim Low
12. Luis Enrique
13. Didier Deschamps
14. Roberto Mancini

Yakuza_devils

The only reason Ole should still be here tomorrow is that we haven't got a replacement yet. And if our heirarchy had a clue, they'd be lining up a replacement as we speak. It's been obvious for a long while we were going nowhere with Ole. Can't give what you don't have and all that. We've just been faffing around and wasting time.
We are in a mess. Ed is still the one supposed to make the call but he won't because he is leaving soon. Not sure who is going to replace him either. Rumour is Arnold to replace him, another commercial/finance guy.

The owners are living happily in America without a clue about football.

No surprise for our last 8 years of mess since SAF retired, this is what happened when you have top management that have no knowledge of football.

Barthez

I think people will be in for a shock if we change manager and realise the players probably aren’t good enough..

Velvet Revolver

The issue I have with this logic is we're not competing every game against teams who have world class elite midfields. We're getting outplayed by Wolves, Southampton, Villareal, Everton, Villa, Leicester. We're not playing against 2011 Barca here are we, all we want is the midfield to be functional and let the quality of the team shine through. Frankly judging by performances we're also shit absolutely everywhere, poor in attack, in defense, and midfield.

Look at how bad Chelsea were under Lampard, if the team is being poorly coached then they will not look like a cohesive football team.
This! it's so bizarre and yet totally understandable given the way we play and Ole as far as I can see has not made any tactical changes or in game management. He just changes the starting 11 and that's the extent of his coaching.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Hopefully never since he does the right thing and resigns.

Since I don't believe in flying pigs, I'd guess at next week after a Liverpool thrashing at OT.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think it’ll be after this hard run of matches, so probably before we play Watford. I don’t think they’d want to get a new man in and have him potentially struggle initially.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Can't I'm afraid. Once the poll begins that option goes away.
Ah, shucks! We'll just have to hope the none trolls/opposition fans who voted as such say here and explain their reasoning. It'll be interesting to read.

Orange Tree

Time to go. Everyone can see that he is out of his depth, couldn't take the next step.

MrSingh2002

I'd take any of the managers below. I think only Ancelotti would turn us down as he just joined Real but the rest would accept the job.

2. Antonio Conte
4. Carlo Ancelotti
5. Zinedine Zidane
7. Mauricio Pochettino
8. Brendan Rodgers
10. Hansi Flick
11. Joachim Low
14. Roberto Mancini

-Supreme-

I look forward to hearing the announcement of Carrick and Mckenna new contracts to show support of Ole and his coaching team.

Status
Not open for further replies.