Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rron10

Supports
Sir Alex
When he finishes the process which means 2030.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I'd take any of the managers below. I think only Ancelotti would turn us down as he just joined Real but the rest would accept the job.

2. Antonio Conte
4. Carlo Ancelotti
5. Zinedine Zidane
7. Mauricio Pochettino
8. Brendan Rodgers
10. Hansi Flick
11. Joachim Low
14. Roberto Mancini
I get wanting change and being frustrated, but Joachim Löw? Have a word!

Yakuza_devils

I think people will be in for a shock if we change manager and realise the players probably aren’t good enough..
Not good enough to even at least play better football vs Young Boy, Wolves, Southampton, Villareal, Everton, Villa, Leicester?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I'll always love Ole, but no amount of love can make him a good enough manager for us. There's no thought in our play and it just doesn't get better.
See how easy we are to play through? That shouldn’t be happening no matter our midfield options.

lsd

The Oracle
I just keep thinking about how when Chelsea sacked Lampard to bring in Tuchel they then went on a terrific run and won the Champions League.

Yet you just know we will sit and wait until the entire season is written off and then make a move

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Ronaldo, Varane, Pogba, Martial, et al, would probably welcome him with open arms.
Zidane is the obvious choice how. He’s an absolute star. He’s got the CV and he commands respect. Then Conte.

Dr. StrangeHate

I feel like I’m at the point of giving up on Ole, but honestly can’t see us doing shit with the midfield we have whoever the manager is.

Our defence is also massively overrated, what is it now 19 games without a clean sheet? Pathetic showing from the players
City play with Bernardo Silva and De Bruyne in midfield. Bruno and Pogba can easily be that.

Yakuza_devils

Any other good modern German manager like Klopp, Tuchel, Nagelsmann, Flick, Rose who is available now?

Last edited:

The Firestarter

Fair enough. I saw someone in the safe place thread assuming a poll would yield 70-30 split. That was as optimistic as expecting Ole to eventually become a top class manager.
It was me, I really thought he had more support here. So it turns out it was just a couple of vocal posters.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Any good modern German manager like Klopp, Tuchel, Nagelsmann, Flick, Rose who is available now?
If you want that type of style then I can think only of Erik ten Hag. But I think it will be Zidane.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It was me, I really thought he had more support here. So it turns out it was just a couple of vocal posters.
Yeah, I guess quite a few have been on the fence for a long while now but this season has just pushed them over with a cluster of dreadful performances. There really is nothing to hold onto when it comes to Ole, there are no positive signs. And when he says maybe they (read: he) need to change something, it sounds quite alarming :lol:

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I guess for a touch of positivity: this isn't a bad squad:
De Gea: Seems a bit refreshed this year. Will never be the 'modern' keeper or control his box, but you can win with him.
Shaw: Started poorly this season, but incredible last season.
Maguire: Like Shaw, not been great this year, but he has shown for decent spells that he can be a top level CB.
Varane: Is a top level CB, in his prime.
AWB: I have my doubts, but he's been part of our defense when it's conceding very few.
Pogba: For all his negatives, outrageously talented and can be influential.
Fernandes: Our best player since he signed.
Rashford: Once fit, one of the best young attacking players in the world.
Sancho: At BVB, one of the best young attacking players in the world.
Greenwood: One of the best young attacking players in the world.

Yes, there's a notable gap in the middle, but a good coach could work out something to minimise the issue.

I think an ambitious manager would relish the chance to have this squad - certainly moreso than picking up after what LVG or Moyes left us.

Yakuza_devils

If you want that type of style then I can think only of Erik ten Hag. But I think it will be Zidane.
Between these 2, I will go for Zidane for experience at the highest level.

Ten Hag is a doubt from Dutch League to one of the biggest club in the world.

Legend16

Dont know what Ole is like in private but I cant for a second imagine those players on the flight back being afraid of the managers reaction. yeah he's a great guy..........but a manager? I'm sure you wouldn't cross Klopp as a player. Pep? literally any of the managers you see week in week out with teams busting a gut to play in their system. We are deluded if we let this continue

M Bison

Supports
York City
De Gea: Seems a bit refreshed this year. Will never be the 'modern' keeper or control his box, but you can win with him.
Maguire: Like Shaw, not been great this year, but he has shown for decent spells that he can be a top level CB.
AWB: I have my doubts, but he's been part of our defense when it's conceding very few.

Yes, there's a notable gap in the middle, but a good coach could work out something to minimise the issue.

I think an ambitious manager would relish the chance to have this squad - certainly moreso than picking up after what LVG or Moyes left us.
it’s a great squad and I can’t believe people would suggest otherwise. As you say, notable gap in the middle but a decent team of coaches would get it working right.

Esquire

That’s the worst part for me to. Not even angry. Awful stuff all round.
You know what’s sad? Is that I pretty much said the same thing a few years ago with Jose and it’s now rinse and repeat with Ole.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Dont know what Ole is like in private but I cant for a second imagine those players on the flight back being afraid of the managers reaction. yeah he's a great guy..........but a manager? I'm sure you wouldn't cross Klopp as a player. Pep? literally any of the managers you see week in week out with teams busting a gut to play in their system. We are deluded if we let this continue
I couldn’t imagine pep and Klopp sleeping after watching their team play like this. Ole probably went home stuck the kettle on and put his feet up.

United Hobbit

Their latest cover photo on their Facebook page is very apt

Like the dark clouds which briefly lifted are coming back over the club

Ooh exciting I managed to embed a photo. Small things!

Esquire

Lose against Atalanta and he's gone. The prospect of another group stage elimination again will force a change.
I’m still Ole in by sliver but agree if we don’t perform against Atalanta we need to make a change.

Becks_VII

It's so sad, I really wanted Ole to be successful, but unfortunately just won't be. Needs to go but can't see it happening before the end of the season. He's done a great job building an excellent squad but he himself doesn't have the talent to lead it to trophies

OhGee

You me

[/QUOTE
You need to add Van de Beek - Ballon d’or nominee 2 years ago; champions league semi finalist - and at 24 much higher ceiling than any of our current midfielders yet cannot even get a minute of playing time ahead of the woeful Fred and Mctominay…

Statue of Limitations

I love Ole.
Was blessed to grow up watching him be one of the most impactful substitutes ever and around fantastic players in a once in a generation team of players under a legendary manager.

I've supported his appointment 100% throughout previous rocky patches, believing he can turn us around.

We looked to have been going in the right direction, finished 2nd last year, cup final, strong summer signings, have the OT crowd back etc.

But there's just a sense now that the job is too big for him. I'm not confident that the players belive in him. I think it's time for a change, and it wrenches to feel this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.