• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Between these 2, I will go for Zidane for experience at the highest level.

Ten Hag is a doubt from Dutch League to one of the biggest club in the world.
I agree, but I'm desperate for us to for a proactive attacking manager for once. I was crying out for a modern attacking coach after Jose and that didn't pan out.

Zidane brings in instant control over the dressing room and egos, knows some of the players well, but I have doubts about him. Just a bit too similar to Ole for me, in the sense that he adapts his game to other teams and I can't pinpoint his style of football.

I just want a manager with a clear and defined, attacking football no matter what mindest for once, even if it crashes and burns. At least it will be fun to watch!

SAFMUTD

I can only wonder what could had been, this squad under a proper manager...

Esquire

I still have the same view of him since he was brought in. Fantastic post Mourinho appointment as an interim manager. Should never, ever have been hired as our full time manager. But he won’t get sacked. He’ll probably get a new fecking contract.
You do know he did get a new contract recently right?

the_cliff

I feel like the pursuit of Sancho and how he's playing sums up Ole as a manager. Spend 2 years scouting and chasing a world class young talent that needs a certain style of play to perform to his ability. Sign the player and act surprised that he doesn't have the same level of performance when he's told to go out there and have fun.

ravi2

You know what’s sad? Is that I pretty much said the same thing a few years ago with Jose and it’s now rinse and repeat with Ole.
It is sad, I really wanted Ole to work and all credit to him for getting the squad to this point but he has taken us as far as he is capable.
I wish him the very best but its time for a change.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Jesus Christ no. Not Zidane.

Ole clearly isn’t good enough. I don’t know the best time to sack him but I do know he needs to be replaced with an absolutely top class manager. Zidane is not that man. Unfortunately, I don’t know who is.
He is available, where as most others have jobs. There's also the obvious connection with Ronaldo and our French contingent.

Yakuza_devils

If we hire and keep a manager from Molde in Norwegian league for 3 yrs, then Ten Hag must be a shoe in!
Our Dear Accountant Ed who has zero knowledge of football is responsible for this mess with Ole. Hope the top management have learnt the lesson and put in place a proper system to appoint a competent manager.

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU
Happy that 95% agrees with me on what i have been saying for more than 2 years; Ole is no match for United. No PL team, not even Burnley or Norwich will hire him.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Jesus Christ no. Not Zidane.

Ole clearly isn’t good enough. I don’t know the best time to sack him but I do know he needs to be replaced with an absolutely top class manager. Zidane is not that man. Unfortunately, I don’t know who is.
I'm not sold on Zidane as well, but what's your issue with him?

NWRed

Care to explain your reason?

Btw, don't wanna sound like I'm interrogating you! Just genuinely curious as to why you still have faith.
I wouldn't call it faith at this point, more that I have no faith in the available options (Conte, Zidane are all wrong for us) or in the people who would make the decision to appoint.

I also think when McTominay gets back in form and we play a more conservative style with Fred and McTominay in the middle it'll be better.

I don't expect that to happen though, I'm expecting him to be gone before the end of the year.

James_42

Reminds me of Moyes, they will wait until top 4 is gone then make a change which is crazy.

We've peaked under Ole and it doesn't seem to be getting better anytime soon.

ravi2

I think people will be in for a shock if we change manager and realise the players probably aren’t good enough..

On what planet is this squad not good enough?
You cannot be serious, this is the best squad we've had since SAF left

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
At least Ten Haag would play Donny. It would ignite his career at united.

Chairman Steve

I am not surprised that it’s 90% change. I actually suspect foul play that it’s fallen below 95% to be honest. I’m guessing there’s more oppo fans and WUMs on here than first thought?

Today has been a watershed moment and if anyone is still offering full support to Solskjaer after the game today then I’m sorry to say but you’re absolutely deluded.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Reminds me of Moyes, they will wait until top 4 is gone then make a change which is crazy.

We've peaked under Ole and it doesn't seem to be getting better anytime soon.
The thing is, I don't think top 4 will be gone. We'll do enough to get it.

But 4th isn't enough, especially not after that summer of investment.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I feel like the pursuit of Sancho and how he's playing sums up Ole as a manager. Spend 2 years scouting and chasing a world class young talent that needs a certain style of play to perform to his ability. Sign the player and act surprised that he doesn't have that much pace and isn't performing at the same level.
I don't think it's that. I reckon with Ole, if the player doesn't fit team and hit form right away it becomes a challenge. He doesn't know how to use players that require certain tactics and coaching to fit to the team. Same case with VDB and opposite Bruno, where he came in and banged in goals with a formation change.

PoTMS

I just keep thinking about how when Chelsea sacked Lampard to bring in Tuchel they then went on a terrific run and won the Champions League.

Yet you just know we will sit and wait until the entire season is written off and then make a move
It's the United way.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I'm not sold on Zidane as well, but what's your issue with him?
Cup runs are no way to judge a manager. He inherited a ready made top squad and still looked pretty shambolic in the league. He’s not shown himself capable of taking over and rebuilding a top team and never had any kind of success other than in a very specific set of circumstances. Completely unproven IMO.

Wilt

Got to the point I don’t care who the next manager is. Just about anyone would be an upgrade on Ole.

Cloud7

The optimist in me wants to say tomorrow. More likely next week after more dropped points against Atalanta and a loss against Liverpool.

United Hobbit

Liverpool could be messy depending on the Atalanta game. I have an impending sense of doom given these are the first two games I’m going to since the pandemic started.
Same with me for the Liverpool game! I think either we get an absolute pasting, oh he scrapes a win or draw, prolonging the inevitable again

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Cup runs are no way to judge a manager. He inherited a ready made top squad and still looked pretty shambolic in the league. He’s not shown himself capable of taking over and rebuilding a top team and never had any kind of success other than in a very specific set of circumstances. Completely unproven IMO.
All good points. Zidane aside, there's really only Conte available, and while he may bring short term success, I just can't stand the guy.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
He won the league twice though? And the second time was with a fairly average team by Real standards that had been doing terrible.

I'm not saying Zidane is the answer but calling him a cup manager is a bit ridiculous, is that purely because he won the biggest cup in club football three times in a row or something?

Also what's wrong with inheriting a great squad and helping them achieve their goals? We have a great squad right now that isn't achieving their goals!

the_cliff

He won 2 league titles at Madrid. The first season he took over from Benitez 12 points of top iirc, lost the league by one point. Won the league the next season.

He also left madrid, came back after Lopetegui (Who won Europa with Seville, knocking us out in the semis) was struggling as Madrid manager post Ronaldo and won another league without Ronaldo. If 2 league titles in 4 and a half seasons is shambolic then idk what to say.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Laurent Blanc has been firing off his love United interviews recently. An outside chance?
Apparently we approached him to be our caretaker when Mourinho got sacked, but he said he'd only take the job if it was full-time. So I can't see it happening.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I have no idea why should we wait. Leeds match was the one we won convincingly. All the rest of the matches we played , we were outplayed and outclassed.

We were lucky to win against Wolves and Westham.

Just sack him now and save the season. No point in waiting .

U99ted

He won 2 league titles, one of them after coming back post-Ronaldo.

Chairman Steve

Typically I’d be saying that old shit of ‘sadly when Top 4 is not possible’

But I think with the high profile players in our squad now, they’re not going to take that. Ronaldo and Varane will have something to say, Bruno is pretty ambitious and will say something too. Pogbas got clout. All the younger players will follow the lead of those guys in my opinion.

So it might be sooner than we think.

Spoony

The People's President
He's far better than Ole, to be fair.

Cloud7

Laurent Blanc has been firing off his love United interviews recently. An outside chance?
After Ole I hope we never, ever hire another ex player as a manager. Even if Rooney ends up proving himself to be the next Klopp in ten years time, we need to stay far away from it. Sentimentality over good judgement runs too deep in our club and fanbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.