Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CallyRed

Imagine a journo saying to Ole that atleast he has the support of opposition fans.

My worry is we win one or two and decide to keep him.
Said this when people thought he was certainly getting sacked on Monday they’ll prolong it until we get past the next difficult 5 league and CL. After that comes easier fixtures and the improvement in results will appear like it’s Ole getting things right.

We are now desensitised to getting battered and playing crap, while still having a squad most managers can only dream of. Plus our fan base fall for PR so easily. The whole SAF went to Carrington should be viewed as the manager being incompetent and needing his hand held, but many have taken it as the positive. Which is exactly what the Glazers and PR team wanted.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Said this when people thought he was certainly getting sacked on Monday they’ll prolong it until we get past the next difficult 5 league and CL. After that comes easier fixtures and the improvement in results will appear like it’s Ole getting things right.

We are now desensitised to getting battered and playing crap, while still having a squad most managers can only dream of. Plus our fan base fall for PR so easily. The whole SAF went to Carrington should be viewed as the manager being incompetent and needing his hand held, but many have taken it as the positive. Which is exactly what the Glazers and PR team wanted.
You mean easier fixtures such as Villa and Everton at home?

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
I’ve been saying this all along. Our board are letting a club legend get dragged through the mud because of their dithering.

Everyone knows he’s getting sacked sooner or later, why are they prolonging the process and letting him come under extreme scrutiny, fan pressure, media pressure, player leaks, and downright mocking everywhere?
Agreed, and if the leaks are to be believed, so are SAF and the Class of 92 with their steadfast support for Ole to keep his job. Wonder if Ole would rather just be sacked and be done with it now.

Rolaholic

We've really become Banter FC and those in charge don't give a feck

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
I always wonder why the Glazers don't realise, they'd make more money if they actually let football people run the club properly. By all means set the a yearly budget, but after that just let them be.

C'est Moi Cantona

A genuine United legend been treated like this.

He only ever came in to get us through until we found a long term manager, if that had happened his 6 months would have been something to be proud of, now because no one at the club knows what they are doing he has been left a sitting duck for everyone to laugh at.

The problem is the people who need to sack him, need sacking themselves.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
So with everything put together, Ole is a caretaker until his eventual firing, which is supposed to happen during the international break?

Amir

We've been an embarrassment the best part of a decade.
Not being as good as we once were for the past eight years has not been great, but this is new level.

Opposition fans have seen United's board and fans deluding themselves over the last three years, thinking that Solskjaer is the answer, while they could clearly see they had nothing to worry about. No wonder they are laughing their arses off, now that the bubble has burst.

Lewnited

It's heartbreaking for Ole having to hear this shite from oppo fans.
Yeah this really isn't nice to see or hear at all. The entire football world knows the job is too much for him now, but our inept board will ensure he's not even allowed to leave with a shred of dignity.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

He only ever came in to get us through until we found a long term manager, if that had happened his 6 months would have been something to be proud of, now because no one at the club knows what they are doing he has been left a sitting duck for everyone to laugh at.

More of a cult hero than a legend but agreed with the rest.

wolvored

Feel free to tear me a new one for this post, but I just wanted to state that I am one of those who have voted to still give him time. So it's not "just oppo fans".
Sunday was a horrible day. Something has got to give, and the players need to take a fair bit of responsibility as well.

But there's nobody available right now that I personally think could do a better job in the long term, so I see no reason to change the manager just for change's sake.
Conte (dont want him myself) who is available would do better than Ole. Long term? how long is long term? 5 years? 10 years? 20? What gives you any faith that Ole would do any good long term? Have a look at the chap who has posted about Ole at molde.

Tarrantula

Nobody forced him to take the job and nobody's forcing him to stay.

He's fast ruining his legend and legacy.

Blood Mage

Hurtling towards Arsenal level of banter club with every passing minute.
We're already there. Tbh the Ole's at the Wheel nonsense was always embarrassing shite on par with 'The Chosen One' bollocks we pulled with Moyes. We bring it on ourselves.

Water Melon

Yeah this really isn't nice to see or hear at all. The entire football world knows the job is too much for him now, but our inept board will ensure he's not even allowed to leave with a shred of dignity.
Shred of dignity? Resignation, simples. Ole does not want to lose future money, despite fecking up massively currently. The board are, hopefully, doing what is best for the club.

wolvored

I am surprised by the high percentage of people voting Ole out. I thought you need to give manager more time in order to stabilize the club? Ole already has 9-10 pieces of the puzzle and all he needs in general is a midfield marshal and his team is ready to win silverwares.
Thats more hope than fact. If that was all he needed why did he sanction Sancho when we dont play him and instead he could have bought in a CDM. He has spent over 400 mill on players in 4 transfer windows and is as far away from winning anything, than we have ever been.
Checkbook manager with no playing style except hoofball.

Skills

Snitch
I'd say the club and fanbase are (should) be learning an important lesson.

It's all well and good blindly calling for time, but this is what happens when that goes wrong. You humiliate the club and you humiliate the man in charge. Supporters need to learn to put the club first, and not become a managerial cult. Watch football, use your eyes to see what's actually happening on the pitch rather than blindly shouting party lines - such as even Fergie needed time.

I'm hoping this is the last straw that breaks the camels back with regards to the managerial cult that we seem to develop around our club managers.

United Hobbit

Liverpool or Preston fans singing Ole's at the wheel

We are turning into an even bigger joke, bet they're loving that we haven't sacked him

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Absolutely no compassion for him. You don't like it, resign and give up the dough.

wolvored

I always wonder why the Glazers don't realise, they'd make more money if they actually let football people run the club properly. By all means set the a yearly budget, but after that just let them be.
Exactly. I have said this before. Set a yearly budget, only needs to be one. Get a competant CEO and his team to bring money in and a proven football one and his team to oversee transfers wages ground repairs/extentions, recruit managers and coaches. If they dont spend all the budget let it run over to the next season along with the new allotted budget.

Rob67

Ole should have some self respect and leave or the powers that be should put him out of his misery and sack him. This situation is just so unfair on everybody, Ole, The Fans and The Club.
I've supported United from being a kid in the 70's so have seen some really shit times, but this is really the lowest I can remember feeling about United. Sick of it.

Rolaholic

I'd say the club and fanbase are (should) be learning an important lesson.

It's all well and good blindly calling for time, but this is what happens when that goes wrong. You humiliate the club and you humiliate the man in charge. Supporters need to learn to put the club first, and not become a managerial cult. Watch football, use your eyes to see what's actually happening on the pitch rather than blindly shouting party lines - such as even Fergie needed time.

I'm hoping this is the last straw that breaks the camels back with regards to the managerial cult that we seem to develop around our club managers.
Well said, we're the only major fanbase who still constantly put managers on some sacred pedestal where they can do no wrong as if they're not simply another employee of the club/cog in the machine.

It's a lasting effect of having a footballing icon like Fergie at the helm for so long but we need to get it through our heads that we will never have that ever again nor will that sort of rein of success and dominance under a single man will never happen again in modern club football so we should stop even dreaming of that.

The rest of the footballing world have adapted to the current realities of the game, its more than about time that we did as well as a club. We'll be much better off for it rather than chasing the ghosts of the past and looking at things with a rose tinted romantic view of how things are supposed to be rather than how they are

Thiagoal

I think all the fans singing ‘Ole’s at the wheel’ are just proving how insecure they are and how big United really are. Can’t remember any Lampard songs being sung last season. Hated, adored but never ignored…

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Soon the only people not singing Ole at the wheel will be United fans

We're already there. Tbh the Ole's at the Wheel nonsense was always embarrassing shite on par with 'The Chosen One' bollocks we pulled with Moyes. We bring it on ourselves.
Same, i never understood why the song was even created to begin with. We dont even have a song for SAF but we created one for Ole who hasn't even done anything for us managerial wise. Pure stupidity.

Flytan

Exactly. I have said this before. Set a yearly budget, only needs to be one. Get a competant CEO and his team to bring money in and a proven football one and his team to oversee transfers wages ground repairs/extentions, recruit managers and coaches. If they dont spend all the budget let it run over to the next season along with the new allotted budget.
Because it isn't just about money, it's about nepotism and the "old boys club". They're already making tons of money and could sell the club for billions at anytime. Yearly profit doesn't matter to them. They'd rather reward their friends and all that.

It's eerily similar to how united fans support nepotism too, we almost deserve their ownership

LoneStar

I think all the fans singing ‘Ole’s at the wheel’ are just proving how insecure they are and how big United really are. Can’t remember any Lampard songs being sung last season. Hated, adored but never ignored…
I'm sure the Liverpool fans singing that at Old Trafford were all envious of us after the 5-0 trashing.

This is getting genuinely embarassing for the club, the manager, the fans and everyone involved. feck the Glazers and their indecisiveness.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Same, i never understood why the song was even created to begin with. We dont even have a song for SAF but we created one for Ole who hasn't even done anything for us managerial wise. Pure stupidity.
It was born out of the period we endured post SAF, blinkered optimism and the start of the 1000 false dawns. We did not have one for SAF because we did not need one, we weren't a club and supporter base in identity crisis. But I do agree, hearing that during games over the last two years has made me cringe.

United Hobbit

Just reading the interview with Phil Jones in the United magazine, there's a picture of him with Ole, it's scary how much younger Ole looks.

He needs to take some time out of the game if/when (hopefully) hes sacked.

LoneStar

Just reading the interview with Phil Jones in the United magazine, there's a picture of him with Ole, it's scary how much younger Ole looks.

He needs to take some time out of the game if/when (hopefully) hes sacked.
This has happened to every single manager since 2013. Not an enviable job at all. The pressure will only get worse for the new manager till they win something I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.