Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

IncyWincySpider

He really has to show that he's willing to use the squad properly. If he starts Bailey in the derby (and preferably Donny and Sancho too), and if we win, I'm probably going to be prepared to give him a little more time.

But the performances are still awful and I'm beyond even hoping he can show signs of learning and improving. Almost.

croadyman

Oh I completely agree, I'm starting to become numb to when we manage to salvage something, which absolutely sickens me

We've got a fantastic team as well, which makes it even more infuriating, if he was having to work with some of our recent squads, I'd perhaps understand the mediocrity, he's so lucky we have several fantastic players now to bail him out.

When's the next fan's forum? Does anyone here get to ask questions, if so we should challenge them as to why he was kept when he's out of his depth and our results are so poor despite the fantastic squad. Surely boards have to be accountable for their decisions and be able to justify them?
This is more a case of what I'm feeling @Judas

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He really has to show that he's willing to use the squad properly. If he starts Bailey in the derby (and preferably Donny and Sancho too), and if we win, I'm probably going to be prepared to give him a little more time.

But the performances are still awful and I'm beyond even hoping he can show signs of learning and improving. Almost.
Bailly might start by default due to injuries. How he could get any praise for starting Bailly would be beyond me, because he's ignored him for ages, then overlooked him in favour of 2 unfit CBs. Plus the chances of VDB and Sancho starting that game are beyond zero.

But fair enough if that's your line of thinking. I just don't see how any of that would change anything after he's failed to do any of that for over a year already.

romufc

I think you and I both know the answer to this.

No way he will take a change, it will be the same team that played last weekend Vs Spurs.

When you need a team to look better in terms of passing and movement, there is no two better players in the club than Donny and Sancho. Instead he prefers Rashford who is apart from the goals has been really poor.

I cannot see us improving under Ole, he is just there for the sake of it now, no one believes we will do anything this season.

HailtotheKing

The only enjoyment I'll get out of Ole's inevitable departure is watching everything labelled 'excuses' for him suddenly become valid and second/third becoming commendable achievements when someone else is getting them.
We should be competing with City, Chelsea, and Liverpool with the squad we have, end of. Coming second or third is acceptable so long as it’s close. They’re good sides, it happens. It’s not like the old days of us having one team to compete with. But we need to be close. And we need to be playing structured attacking football.
Something that we’re not doing now. It’s not as simple as another person failing if we only come 2nd or third and that means we were wrong to blame Ole. We are winging it with Ole plain and simple. And we shouldn’t be winging it. That’s why Ole needs to go.

Flexdegea

We should be competing with City, Chelsea, and Liverpool with the squad we have, end of. Coming second or third is acceptable so long as it’s close. They’re good sides, it happens. It’s not like the old days of us having one team to compete with. But we need to be close. And we need to be playing structured attacking football.
Something that we’re not doing now. It’s not as simple as another person failing if we only come 2nd or third and that means we were wrong to blame Ole. We are winging it with Ole plain and simple. And we shouldn’t be winging it. That’s why Ole needs to go.

I think we can win Saturday, if we do we will be 100% competing with city so far this season.

USREDEVIL

My prediction of 1 win, 1 tie and then 1 loss is so far coming true. I also predicted Ole getting the hook after the City loss and during the intl break. Caretaker until the summer. We're in a battle for top 4 now.

HailtotheKing

That would have surely helped, but its too late now imo. I also find it bizzarre that Ole constantly praises them as "brilliant, exceptional" and whatever adjective he want to throw out there, but if they really were we would have seen that on the pitch instead of the complete mess we are right now
Because Ole is an absolute bluffer. He definitely knows how it should look on the pitch but he has no idea how to actually make it happen. He's learned bits and pieces off Fergie and then trots them out. But his actions speak far louder than his words. And his actions are catastrophic right now. We are going backwards.

tomaldinho1

Probably. Plus there's maybe a handful of posters that probably think he's safe so they're going to back him again in the hope they can say 'told you so'.
Watch us shit house a win versus City and then it might even get into the 70's!

HailtotheKing

Surely all of our nearest rivals benefit from Ole being in the job for as long as possible. Call me a conspiracy theorist but I wouldn't put it past City 'taking it easy' on Sat if it means Ole gets to keep his job.
Not sure Pep is built like that tbh. They just lost their last game and he keeps losing to Ole. There is no way they won't want to destroy us this time around.

Flytan

Watch us shit house a win versus City and then it might even get into the 70's!
That's what the funny part is. I don't get why people are so fickle and weakminded about Ole. The result of not having any tactics/style of play/relying on brilliance is that the results and performances are completely inconsistent. That's the biggest issue with ole. He'll go 3 weeks winning every game because the players turn up and go in and out of form. Then he'll go 4 weeks without a result. He should have been fired years ago because of this but fans are so blind to the issue.

They see him lose 5 games on the trot and it's literally as bad as it can get, but he gets 2 wins next and people just suddenly think he's turning it around.

No, the same thing is going to happen. Sure we may beat City but I have no doubt that in a month or two we'll go through the same shit form we're in now and crash out of the FA Cup/Champion's League/Europa.

Like everyone has seen this happen 4(?) times at least since he was manager and they STILL fall for it. I don't understand.

HailtotheKing

I think we can win Saturday, if we do we will be 100% competing with city so far this season.
Yeah, so far being the operative words.City are capable of then going on a 15 winning streak. Are we? If we carry on with him there's no way we will finish anywhere near City, Liverpool or Chelsea. We'll be in a battle for 4th. And the only reason we'll be in that battle is because we have some brilliant players that can bail him out as they have been doing. We've had him 3 years now and in that time he's been bailed out by Bruno and now ROnaldo. Without those, he'd have lost his job. So how anyone can still have faith in him is just a joke. It's just blind faith, can't be anything more because he's shown us nothing. We're going backwards now and the only thing he has is luck, a whole bloody heap of it. But eventually luck runs out. And he can't keep playing and relying on Ronaldo because eventually he, like players in the past will be worn out. I just can't see how anyone can still have faith in Ole, unless it's down to either liking to go against the masses, liking the idea of being a top red or simply wanting with all your heart for a Utd legend to carry us to glory. He is a legend and it's a romantic though that I also dreamed of, but the dream is dead. People need to accept it. Ole was a great player but he is a terrible manager.

Handsome Devil

Who are people changing their vote to 'give him more time?'

I've noticed it creep up slightly. Surely WUMS?
Just look at the actual number of votes which which is more telling. There are nearly 2,500 more outs than ins and it's still rising since last night. That's a big difference. Last time it was very very close.

the chameleon

I stuttered after the 'pool game for sure but am a 'give him the season' guy really. Give this team chance to gel, reward those who put the effort in and prove themselves.

A united legend at the helm is a dream I won't give up on easily.
Surely you're having a joke here.

HailtotheKing

That's what the funny part is. I don't get why people are so fickle and weakminded about Ole. The result of not having any tactics/style of play/relying on brilliance is that the results and performances are completely inconsistent. That's the biggest issue with ole. He'll go 3 weeks winning every game because the players turn up and go in and out of form. Then he'll go 4 weeks without a result. He should have been fired years ago because of this but fans are so blind to the issue.

They see him lose 5 games on the trot and it's literally as bad as it can get, but he gets 2 wins next and people just suddenly think he's turning it around.

No, the same thing is going to happen. Sure we may beat City but I have no doubt that in a month or two we'll go through the same shit form we're in now and crash out of the FA Cup/Champion's League/Europa.

Like everyone has seen this happen 4(?) times at least since he was manager and they STILL fall for it. I don't understand.
It's just so utterly stupid to have a manager like this. Look at any of the other top teams and when a star player is out they continue to play the same because they have a structure and way of playing. We do not. So if a brilliant player suffers a slip in form, our form goes off a cliff. What if Ronaldo gets injured? I know he doesn't normally but this is United, where the previously invincible get struck down. If that happens, we're finished. Because he's so reliant on individual players. It's just an absolute joke that this is seen as acceptable at this level.

largelyworried

Give over. If one of City, Chelsea or Liverpool also has a shite season, we get no brownie points for staying in touch. Our target is the top of the table, not staying in touch with the also-rans.

Flytan

Give over. If one of City, Chelsea or Liverpool also has a shite season, we get no brownie points for staying in touch. Our target is the top of the table, not staying in touch with the also-rans.
It's hilarious. Their managers have won the biggest of trophies and oles backers think that finishing near them in the table when they or us don't win it is an accomplishment. They have no desire to win anything

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
My prediction of 1 win, 1 tie and then 1 loss is so far coming true. I also predicted Ole getting the hook after the City loss and during the intl break. Caretaker until the summer. We're in a battle for top 4 now.
This is how I see it going too. Although I had us for 1 win, 2 defeats. I still think that if we lose to City he's gone

Smores

I stuttered after the 'pool game for sure but am a 'give him the season' guy really. Give this team chance to gel, reward those who put the effort in and prove themselves.

A united legend at the helm is a dream I won't give up on easily.
Out of interest would you appoint any of our other legends after Ole?

I can understand those who perhaps don't want to give up on a united man managing us but i reckon none would appoint Rooney, Giggs, Neville next just because they’re former players.

I said at the time it was a mistake because the emotional connection is a damaging thing as much as its a great thing. I'd like us to have a united legend as assistant manager but even then it's probably not that beneficial.

Roboc7

Sad thing is he doesn’t have to do a lot to save his job, win against Spurs and draw last night gets him through international break. In context of Ole keeping his job the City result is meaningless.

Essentially all he has to do is not drop too far off fourth which isn’t difficult, can drop a lot points and still not be far off. Even ending up in Europa won’t make blind bit of difference. It’s actually beneficial for Ole as gives him another route to qualify for Champions League.

I just don’t see point now, any interim or caretaker won’t do worse and at least gives time to work out what to do next.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Say what you might, but can't deny Ole has made the CL group stages a hell lot more interesting than they used to be. Last season, we had that victory in Paris, followed by thrashing Liebzeig at home. That was followed by the incredible defeat against Istanbul, and the last GW where we needed a draw but went three behind, put up a fight but eventually came short.

This season we have had the upset against the young 'uns, followed by late comeback wins against Villareal and Atlanta. Then yesterday. We used to have this kind of excitement during the late stages of CL under Fergie. Kudos to Ole to have bought that excitement to September-October instead of March-April.
Yes. Am sure UEFA will give him a trophy for this.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
The only viable option to replace him mid-season is gone. Regardless of what happens on the pitch, he's here until the summer. It will be Poch or Ole from then on.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

He's as stubborn as it gets. Even if he starts the likes of Donny now in a new formation -- at what cost? He always does this. Waits till shit hits the fan to make changes to the starting eleven.

Lecland07

We were more effective under Solskjaer in 18/19 than we are now. Look at these stats; it is actually ridiculous how similar they are.

19/2020/2121/22
Possession per game
56.00%​
55.80%​
55.30%​
Scored per game
1.7​
1.9​
1.9​
Conceded per game
0.9​
1.2​
1.5​
Clean sheets (% of games)
34.20%​
34.20%​
20%​
xG per game
1.742​
1.662​
1.626​
xGA per game
1.002​
1.103​
1.631​
xPTS per game
1.87​
1.73​
1.442​
Shots on Target per game
5.9​
5.7​
5.6​

And some of them are deteriorating despite us spending massive amounts of money. We create fewer chances than ever; we concede more chances; we concede more goals; we get fewer clean sheets; we have slightly less possession; our shots on target have slightly reduced.

And this is happening even though we have spent £350m on defence and attack.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
Reducing the epitome of joie de vivre that is Paul Scholes to this state should be a sackable offence.

Hughie77

This is a Jose timing I think he.was sacked after the 1st leg of the CL against PSG, in December. Now I don't think it will last that long for Ole, I hope the board has behind the scenes been looking for next manager. I'm imo going for the International break to see what happens if he's still in a job after that he's not going this season and the push will be for top 4. I'm hoping then there waiting for Luis Enrique, after the world Cup.
I know that seems a long way off but is he worth the wait. ?

the_cliff

This is a Jose timing I think he.was sacked after the 1st leg of the CL against PSG, in December. Now I don't think it will last that long for Ole, I hope the board has behind the scenes been looking for next manager. I'm imo going for the International break to see what happens if he's still in a job after that he's not going this season and the push will be for top 4. I'm hoping then there waiting for Luis Enrique, after the world Cup.
I know that seems a long way off but is he worth the wait. ?
I'd take Ole for the rest of the season if it means getting Enrique. Unfortunately, I think that's highly unlikely. I'd take Enrique over every manager that's been linked with us but I can't see our board even considering him. Nevermind what he's done with Barca, but that Spain team play some brilliant football with probably their worst team in the past 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.