Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dove

We are only 5pts off second place in the league and look on course to qualify for the next round in the CL. People need to calm down, knee jerk reaction sacking is not going to help, Ole has a long term plan and a vision and the players are playing with more passion, commitment and character since Ole has taken over. I will actually stick my neck out and say we are in with a shot of doing a double this season, the team has changed how we play to fit Ronaldo in, only now is that plan strating to come to fruition. At this stage of season, we are not actually doing that badly its just that we are in the most difficult league in the world even SAF would have a fight on his hands with the quality in the league now.
:lol: Got quite a few Liverpool fans here nowadays.

soapythecat

We are only 5pts off second place in the league and look on course to qualify for the next round in the CL. People need to calm down, knee jerk reaction sacking is not going to help, Ole has a long term plan and a vision and the players are playing with more passion, commitment and character since Ole has taken over. I will actually stick my neck out and say we are in with a shot of doing a double this season, the team has changed how we play to fit Ronaldo in, only now is that plan strating to come to fruition. At this stage of season, we are not actually doing that badly its just that we are in the most difficult league in the world even SAF would have a fight on his hands with the quality in the league now.
You are either:
A. An opposition fan trying to catch a bite, or
B. Someone who doesn’t watch United other than YouTube goal highlights.

Glorio

Technically it should be a demanding maverick. Busby played for City and Liverpool, and Sir Alex was a demanding scotsman with a fierce temper who changed the club top to bottom. Neither of our greatest two managers were United players and those two, the demanding non United mavericks, were far and beyond our best managers. The idea of United DNA is a modern post Ferguson concept.

So... 0 for 4?
Agree with this

the_cliff

We don't have United DNA. It's a total smokescreen and spin job. Ole has no balls and we dont play youth. Only recently have we really started attacking and then it was a brainless attacking that led to us being massively overexposed. The only thing you could say was United DNA is our ability to come back in games. And that's purely because we have some very good players. Without Bruno in one season, without Ronaldo in this one, we wouldn't have come back so many times and Ole would be gone. But that's not remotely like the old days of us hammering the door and finally getting the goal to win the match. This is about setting up a team badly, going behind and eventually one of our amazing players pulling out a piece of individual brilliance to win or draw the game. And it's also about LUCK. Never have I seen a more lucky guy than Ole. He's lucky to have got the job, lucky to still be in the job and his luck in matches I can't even count. Whether it's playing teams without their best players like this season, or just the other team missing an incredible amount of chances. Or of course yet more individual brilliance from De Gea. People compare Ole to LVG and Mourinho but they didn't have the squad he does. Talking of, Fergie was constantly bringing in youth. Who has Ole brought in exactly except Mason Greenwood? We don't have United DNA in our board, manager, coaching, nor our captain. Look at what happens when a team scores against us. Does Maguire stand in defiance roaring at his players to COME ON, we're United? Does he bollock. He stands with his head to the ground looking sorry for himself. What kind of bollocks is that? Fergie made Keane a captain, a man in his own image. And Maguire very much reflects ours. Beaten, lacking fight, clueless. Ole was a legend of a player, will always be a legend in my eyes but he's an absolutely terrible manager who has dug his own grave with his over reliance on favorites. The church just hasn't been booked yet.

United DNA checklist

Attacking football - X
Playing youth - X
Playing with balls and going for it - X
Winning - X
United legend at the helm - Y
Good Post.

United DNA and the meaning right now is basically anyone that had a relationship with us when we were under Fergie, only reason the manager, the assistant manager. the coaches and the technical director have jobs.

Unfortunately where we are now is eerily similar to Liverpool post 80s, let's just hope we fix up soon or it could well be 20 more years till we see a title.

crossy1686

career ending
No I was reading it quite literally after having come in from a seven hour furniture shopping marathon. He just sounded overly blase about us hiring another dud.
This is the point I was making but the Ten Hag cheerleaders care more about appointing a new manager rather than it being the right manager for United.

Spoony

The People's President
Oh, good point. Not entirely convinced by the Ole way of interpreting it though.
Ole is hopelessly out of his depth sadly. But clubs do have a way, a DNA. Ten Hag mentions the Ajax DNA. When we get it right, we've got youth breaking through, we mostly play attacking football. It's gone to pot and it's only getting more difficult to compete at the top, so we'll have to be better at other things. I find ten Hag intriguing, get him in for a long term project with his Dutch mates. Will require patience but if it works it could be fruitful for years and beyond.

Last edited:

crossy1686

career ending
Said the chief cultist. You didn’t seem to have a problem with Ole at any point even though his experience is relegating Cardiff and managing in feckin Norway. Just be honest, ten Hag lacks that United DNA, that’s why you don’t want him.
What a random post from a random user. For someone so obsessed with my posts you should know that I've been quite outspoken about Ole going this season, the expectations have changed and it's clear he's not up to it. You see, that's the thing about opinions, you're supposed to continually asses your stand point and change your opinion based on the facts you currently have in front of you. I'm sure this stance is something you're not familiar with though, all or nothing right? Make an opinion on day one and never change it.

It's comforting to know I'm living rent free in the heads of some of you.

crossy1686

career ending
I actually agree with you on everything other than your view of Ten Hag, you may be proven right but I think he is a special manager.

I'm fine with a caretaker till the end of the season.
If Ten Hag ultimately gets appointed I'll be disappointed as I feel it's not going to work but I'll support him regardless until it's clear he's not up to, like I have done with all the managers before him. Whoever the next manager is I just hope we get it right, we have a team that is built to win now, and any manager without that elite experience is going to need 1 to 2 seasons to get to grips with the expectation, club and league.

90 + 5min

A bigger club, sacking or otherwise, would never have hired him in the first place.
That is another matter. We could have gone with more experience but I guess club thought that they wanted to try something different after vanGaal and Mourinho.

However, nobody can deny that he have truned around the club from when he took over. If he is the one to lead us to trophies? We will see. But give him this season as long as we have chance for titles.

crossy1686

career ending
Are you paying me to do this?
You don’t know which manager will leave their current club unless you ask. How would you know if Laurent Blanc would leave his Qatari club if you didn’t ask him? How did Woodward know that Ole would leave Molde to be a caretaker at United before he asked him?
I'm not paying you to post so you can stop that also if you like?

No manager worth their salt is going to walk out of a club mid season into a shitty situation, no preseason, straight into the line of fire. Let a caretaker deal with the mess until the summer, we can speak to managers over the next couple of months and find out who's available. The Norwegian season had ended, that's why Ole joined mid way through our season.

Stactix

Kinda looks a wum, 2 cleansheets in 23 matches. 18th in goals conceded this season.
Nearly every match, regardless of opponent they've created more and better chances.

Unforced errors 10x a game at the minute.

No youth in sight, extremely poor management of the squad.

There is no chance of a double unless we actually get someone competent.

the chameleon

This is some of the most bonkers stuff I've read.

Ralph1386

No manager worth their salt is going to walk out of a club mid season into a shitty situation, no preseason, straight into the line of fire.
This is all hypothetical. Many managers could be attracted by the United job even as an interim. We won’t know if we don’t ask around.
Let a caretaker deal with the mess until the summer, we can speak to managers over the next couple of months and find out who's available.
That’s exactly what I said to you though.
How about offering a contract to a better manager until the end of the season and then taking it from there? It’s not difficult to find an upgrade on our Championship-level coaching.

Ludens the Red

Some people are just pathologically averse to changing managers or do not want to give up on a dream that "United DNA" man will become the next Fergie. Trust we, for Pep they would say "a fraud, no CL in 10 years, only can do it with money" for Klopp "7th with Borrussia in the last season, he is past it", for Fergie "did it only with Aberdeen and dropped to 4th last season, won't be able to handle big names, did not impress with Scotland" etc etc. There will always be some excuses. I mean people are downplaying Zidane's CL record for heaven's sake :)

And the board is of course trying to avoid a psychological discomfort of having to admit that (a) they are crap at choosing managers (b) they screwed up by giving Ole new contract and everyone is laughing at them when they extend contracts to coaching staff who are blatantly not good enough. That is why they are trying to at least keep Ole until the end of the season to not make themselves look bad - as opposed to acting in the best interests of the club.
Yup, I wonder if it’s like this at other clubs. Where the managerial position is viewed as some ultimate sacred position only saved for those with perfection.

Hughie77

I agree with the UTD DNA, Imo need to move away from it, and Enrique is the guy for me. Also been reading Allegri may well be in the target Sights? Its all becoming a bit of a mess now instead of concentrating on the up coming games. Imo and still think the board is waiting to see after the CL group stages have finished how we're doing. And Varane being out for 4 weeks or so , it's going to get tougher as there is an excuse if results don't go the right way.

crossy1686

career ending
This is all hypothetical. Many managers could be attracted by the United job even as an interim. We won’t know if we don’t ask around.

That’s exactly what I said to you though.
I think 90% of the people on this forum are in agreement that a caretaker should takeover at some point and see out the season. Your wording "How about offering a contract to a better manager until the end of the season and then taking it from there?" implied permanent to me for some reason, maybe I misread or misunderstood it.

Ralph1386

I think 90% of the people on this forum are in agreement that a caretaker should takeover at some point and see out the season. Your wording "How about offering a contract to a better manager until the end of the season and then taking it from there?" implied permanent to me for some reason, maybe I misread or misunderstood it.
Yes I meant a caretaker until the end of the season would be better than keeping Ole :)

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Doing a double? Double of what? Getting beat to villa twice? Getting spanked of the scousers twice? We certainly ain’t doing a double in winning trophies… we got knocked out of the league cup to West Ham at home… you think we’re winning one of the league or champions league? :lol: Our tactics are simple… get the ball in the box and hope Ronaldo bails us out time and time again… our defence aren’t organised, our attack isn’t fluid enough. We’re in the most difficult league yes but so is Chelsea, city and Liverpool yet they manager alright… the difference is they have world class managers, we don’t!

lilcurt

If Ten Hag ultimately gets appointed I'll be disappointed as I feel it's not going to work but I'll support him regardless until it's clear he's not up to, like I have done with all the managers before him. Whoever the next manager is I just hope we get it right, we have a team that is built to win now, and any manager without that elite experience is going to need 1 to 2 seasons to get to grips with the expectation, club and league.
We disagree but I respect your opinion. Who would you be looking to appoint?

I'm convinced Ole is staying the entire season.

We lost 5-0 to Liverpool at Old Trafford after a string of embarrassing results/performances throughout the season.

If he survived that, he will survive anything.
Said this this on the day after the Liverpool match. They’d give him the spurs match win that and they’d accept defeat to City & Chelsea knowing that once fixtures are easier our superior squad will win us more games then we lose even when it’s obvious we are outplayed by lower teams that are better coached & managed then us but the credit will go to Ole for turning things around.

Only way I can see Ole losing his job is if we get kod of the CL group stages.

Yakuza_devils

For those that think if we got beaten by City this weekend it will be the end of Ole. Think again, nothing is going to be worse than got beaten 5-0 at OT by Liverpool (and they took their foots off the pedal). Ole survived that. This shows you how incompetent Ed, Arnold and the so called football structure people in the club.

Ole will be sacked only when it's mathematically impossible for us to get Top 4. This is our current standard. Forget about challenging for the PL and CL, those are not the target nowadays.

With the individual brilliance we have in the team, we will be thereabouts Top 4. Hence, Ole is safe this season. Get used to supporting a Top 4 club. We are not the Man Utd under SAF when finishing 2nd (even 1 point off the champion) was considered failed season.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
"The club obsessed with the long term now living game to game".
The poster was spot on.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I agree short of a 4-5+ goal drubbing he won't go, so the only thing that might get us moving is if we miss out on CL qualification which I don't think will happen after Tuesday.

We disagree but I respect your opinion. Who would you be looking to appoint?
United are not suitable for him as a manager. By that I mean
1) The pundits will be on his back very quickly if the passing doesn’t turn into creating chances. And start acting like it’s boring
2) Even when he wins I can just imagine Scholes moaning about 70% possession, but only 5 shots on target and 2 goals.
3) Majority of United fans genuinely don’t have the patience for 20 passes, waiting for the killer moment, the right opposition player to be out of position, before we speed things up and go for the killer ball. The crowd would go dead after the 5th pass or start screaming “attack attack attack”
5) 80% of his football is pretty much what LVG played, the 20% that people see on YouTube highlights is the bit that comes last, and the bit that we didn’t give LVG time to and players to implement.

United are not suitable for him as a manager. By that I mean
1) The pundits will be on his back very quickly if the passing doesn’t turn into creating chances. And start acting like it’s boring
2) Even when he wins I can just imagine Scholes moaning about 70% possession, but only 5 shots on target and 2 goals.
3) Majority of United fans genuinely don’t have the patience for 20 passes, waiting for the killer moment, the right opposition player to be out of position, before we speed things up and go for the killer ball. The crowd would go dead after the 5th pass or start screaming “attack attack attack”
5) 80% of his football is pretty much what LVG played, the 20% that people see on YouTube highlights is the bit that comes last, and the bit that we didn’t give LVG time to and players to implement.
What manager do you have in mind that doesn't play some form of attacking possession football?

We've had a variety of managers post SAF and all have been described as boring, every single one. Yet the most attacking manager of the 5 (Ten Hag) will be called boring too so he's "not suitable"? I'm a little confused.

Point 3 is so silly it hurts my brain, some of our most lauded goals have been the ridiculous 30 passes sequences. Such as...

The favourite goal for many during LVG’s time was the 45 pass sequence v Southampton. United fans, like fans of any club appreciate good football, the problem with LvG was just that he recruited so poorly, especially up top, so the passes were all he had. Ten Hag would be inheriting a team with Ronaldo, Cavani, Rashford, Sancho, Fernandes, Greenwood etc. It’s not remotely the same.

Last edited:
What manager do you have in mind that doesn't play some form of attacking possession football?

We've had a variety of managers post SAF and all have been described as boring, every single one. Yet the most attacking manager of the 5 (Ten Hag) will be called boring too so he's "not suitable"? I'm a little confused.
I’m up for Rodgers or Ten Hag.

Yes, you showed a 30 pass move that led to a goal, what about the majority of 30 pass moves that lead to nothing ? I Know that’s part of possession football, but most of our fan base will quickly get bored especially when it’s 70 minutes and we’re drawing 0-0.

I’m up for Rodgers or Ten Hag.

Yes, you showed a 30 pass move that led to a goal, what about the majority of 30 pass moves that lead to nothing ? I Know that’s part of possession football, but most of our fan base will quickly get bored especially when it’s 70 minutes and we’re drawing 0-0.
If we’re winning most games, no-one will give a toss.
As I say, you’re comparing LVG horrendous boring attacking line up with Rashford, Ronaldo, Fernandes, Cavani, Sancho etc. It’s not remotely the same.

You think United fans would be bored watching Guardiola every week? Yeah I don’t.

Chairman Steve

Joel Glazer will hear “We should get consider Rodgers” and he’ll probably say “Dont be silly. We’ve got Brady”

RazorOz

I agree short of a 4-5+ goal drubbing he won't go, so the only thing that might get us moving is if we miss out on CL qualification which I don't think will happen after Tuesday.
It's unlikely, but not that far-fetched. A loss to Villarreal of worse than 2-1 (including 1-0) and Atalanta beating Young Boys leaves qualification out of our hands going into match day 6, that's hardly the most unlikely scenario of events given our away record in the Champions League.

brian017

It's unlikely, but not that far-fetched. A loss to Villarreal of worse than 2-1 (including 1-0) and Atalanta beating Young Boys leaves qualification out of our hands going into match day 6, that's hardly the most unlikely scenario of events given our away record in the Champions League.
Another post Christmas stint in the EL would be grim. I don’t think I’d have the stomach for it

Rolaholic

Oh God they'll be playing us with a personal Pep point to prove won't they? They just lost their last match as well

If we’re winning most games, no-one will give a toss.
As I say, you’re comparing LVG horrendous boring attacking line up with Rashford, Ronaldo, Fernandes, Cavani, Sancho etc. It’s not remotely the same.

You think United fans would be bored watching Guardiola every week? Yeah I don’t.
I think with the moaning of the United legends on TV. If Pep had the same squad as LVG, many fans wouldn’t have had the patience or vision to wait until he had all the players he needed. Also Pep doesn’t have a pragmatic side like LVG that adapts if he’s defence is crap, so what were draws would have been defeats

Chairman Steve

Oh God they'll be playing us with a personal Pep point to prove won't they? They just lost their last match as well
Got a point to be honest. The ones we lose are the ones where silverware is close like league cup semi finals.

We may beat him in the league but that’s just one game, so we make it pointless by losing or drawing to mid to lower teams at OT half a dozen times a season, as he steamrolls those teams for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.