Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VivaRonaldo85

There's genuinely nothing like a painful loss to the Scousers to turn the tide. Moyes and Mourinho both effectively ended their United careers after one.
My thoughts exactly. The emotion of the fixture carries additional weight even for these statues in the boardroom.

redshaw

We have a huge game on Wednesday, the CL group is hinged very dangerously, a must win home game and big games coming up in the league. The club will come out and back him for now and see how we get through this period.

Will be 1-2 months if they decide to act. A draw in the CL and loss at the weekend will really ramp up the pressure. Trips to Villarreal and Atalanta to salvage the group will be really tough. Villarreal should've left OT 4-1 winners it was that bad.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Should've stuck to grand unification theory's, as that's not the definition of insanity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU
Someone has to constantly bump this thread in order to keep it alive and active. This is the most important thread right now, but I think it’s crap title is hiding it in the junk.

Yakuza_devils

When SAF was around, Glazer and Ed didn't have to lift a finger to manage football side of things and the club were very successful.

Hence, Glazer and Ed thought that that was the way to run a football club. They built a very strong structure on commercial side and leave the football side to the manager.

Little did they know that SAF was a one off and football side need a very strong structure like what they have built on commercial side of things.

As of now, there are still no proper football structure in place for us. We really need big chance in this department.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
He’s done a decent job overall. I don’t like the idea of sacking him but I’m worried the good work could be starting to be undone.
I think so too in some respects, but we got a very good squad now where most of the players have settled, so sacking him now wont cause much of an upheaval imo

Not going to say the players have downed tools, but they dont look particularly fired up or commited either. Ever since the Young Boys gave we've looked pedestrian and careless and not at all resmbling a team that wants to fight for their managers position

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Hate to say it but Carragher was right on Sky - even if we win something it will only be FA Cup or the Europa. Ole has to go. There is no plan and he's isn't experienced enough, which I've been saying for two bloody years

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I'm seeing more scathing online articles and I think the same in newspapers, apparently Gary Neville roasted him after the Leicester debacle

The end should be nigh, but he will probably pull off a win or draw, taking the heat back off him as he often does that, before slumping back into mediocrity and the cycle continues

I'd like to be a fly on the wall in the dressing room, surely apart from the likes of Rashy/ Mc T that will be next to go if it hadn't begun to already?

He's got to go but we will wait and wait. Get rid now and we may actually be able to salvage this season
Gary Neville blamed the lack of shape and gap between the forwards and defenders. He didn't actually criticise Ole, but I don't see who else is to blame...

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Gary Neville blamed the lack of shape and gap between the forwards and defenders. He didn't actually criticise Ole, but I don't see who else is to blame...
Neville is a shit pundit, always has been. Carra has been so much better and it shows again.

Of course the club backs Ole, I think they did the same with LVG and Jose until they were gone.

OrcaFat

Don't think the club is sentimental about Ole, not saying that they're proactive either. Ideally, we should start shortlisting candidates right about now, but we won't, we'll wait for him to not meet one of the criteria that they must've placed.

If we make it to the CL KOs, he's not going anywhere, the board might make a move if we get beaten by Atalanta in both legs.
I would think the club has a running shortlist of candidates as part of Disaster Recovery. It might not look like it but the corporate side is probably run very diligently.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I think he will pull a few decent results out of the hat over the next few big games to ease some of the immediate pressure but will likely be gone before the end of the season. If I had to pick a month then early April. Would be sooner if there was an obvious replacement but none of them stand out.

soapythecat

Whilst I don’t think he will get sacked until it’s obvious we won’t make top 4 - which I do t think we will this season.
But that move could be disastrous for the club given Pogba will be gone, Cavani will defo be going, VdB will be pushing for a move if not gone in January, the club will be back to where we were after Jose: deflated, weak and broken.
Ole has not shown anything in 3 years that indicates he can turn this around - other clubs are way too strong and we look worse than ever.
I think he’ll go in Feb/March time but he will be leaving the club in a shit state.

SeanyC

I don’t think he will be sacked yet but the board would be stupid to not have a list of replacements in a drawer somewhere. In saying that, it’s a stupid board anyways so who knows

Last edited:

RkkMan

A few guesses
If we lose to Atalanta and Liverpool back to back he'll be sacked next week the pressure and negativity around him and the club will be beyond epic proportions
If he somehow gets some good and decent results this week and over the next month then he'll get sacked towards the end of the season if top 4 becomes under threat but if he gets top 4 he stays.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
A few weeks ago I thought it was a shame that we were going to waste what would probably be Ronaldo’s one great season (of this era) with us. A season where he could score the goals to win us a major trophy.

At least I get to worry less about that with each passing performance.

Noc-Z

ffs
Are you joking?? Won 3 Champions Leagues in a row, 2 league titles and knows how to manage egos. Perfect for us.
No I'm not joking at all, I don't see Zidane as a good fit for us. Winning 3 Champions Leagues and 2 La Liga titles with the squad and team he had at his disposal with Real doesn't translate to the task at hand here. What I'm saying is that the challenges he would face here are nothing like the job he took on at Real.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
No I'm not joking at all, I don't see Zidane as a good fit for us. Winning 3 Champions Leagues and 2 La Liga titles with the squad and team he had at his disposal with Real doesn't translate to the task at hand here. What I'm saying is that the challenges he would face here are nothing like the job he took on at Real.
:lol: Squad at his disposal? Have you seen our squad?

Kopral Jono

I've just caught up with the latest on Ole's future. The amount of leaks since Saturday, be it for or against him continuing at the club, is giving me the impression that the higher-ups are trying to hide something.

Dennis Viollet

The reverse .Rossi
Why don't we ever change the manager during the season ?, if things go wrong ... Chelsea have done it 3 times, 3 champions league final, 2 wins. We need to change the way we think and act.

romufc

The dynamic has shifted massively against Ole, he has been under pressure but I feel the pressure has been turned up a notch in the last few days.

I cannot see how he survives this, I doubt even results will keep him in the job if performances continue to be this awful.

I hope the club makes the decision before its too late to challenge for major honours.

Nikelesh Reddy

I agree that it’s time for a change.Ole has taken us as far as he can take us,now it’s time for a change to reach the next level.Obviously the club won’t sack Ole immediately…They will wait for things to spiral completely out of control before sacking him,thereby wasting another season.Just look at how Abramovich dealt with lampard at the start of last season…

Lampard is a bigger legend at Chelsea than Ole at United,and yet Roman ruthlessly got rid of him and brought in a top class coach.Look at where Chelsea are now….

Laurencio

When the club says "We're not talking to any other managers", you know for sure that they are talking to other managers.

croadyman

When the season has completely fell off a cliff into the sea like under Moyes in 2014

Shark

@NotShark
Whoever we choose be it Conte or Zidane it'd want to be quick now. Waiting around for Ole to pull a rabbit out of the hat against Liverpool or City is just going to ultimately put the fans through more torture. He's nowhere near good enough in the long run and it's time to stop this madness.

Wilt

Latest odds on Ole as Utd manager….

Ole to leave/sack before last game 2021/22 … 4/11

Ole to leave/sack before 25th Dec 2021… 8/11

Ole to still be Utd manager start of next season … 11/4

Last edited:

sugar_kane

Why don't we ever change the manager during the season ?, if things go wrong ... Chelsea have done it 3 times, 3 champions league final, 2 wins. We need to change the way we think and act.
You mean apart from the last time we changed a manager, and when we sacked Moyes?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Yes, we barely have a functioning midfield. Zidane had the likes of Isco, Modric, Casemiro and Kroos - that's light years ahead of the midfield options here in my opinion.
Pogba, van de Beek, Fred, McTominay, Matic and potentially Garner. It's not the same but quoting just the midfield options is a joke of a comparison.

Anyone downplaying Zidane's achievement of 3 consecutive CLs is not making the point in good faith. Even Saint Pep with Messi and THAT Barcelona side couldn't defend, let alone win the CL treble.

Noc-Z

ffs
Pogba, van de Beek, Fred, McTominay, Matic and potentially Garner. It's not the same but quoting just the midfield options is a joke of a comparison.

Anyone downplaying Zidane's achievement of 3 consecutive CLs is not making the point in good faith. Even Saint Pep with Messi and THAT Barcelona side couldn't defend, let alone win the CL treble.
I'm not downplaying Zidanes achievements at all. I just don't think he's the best fit for what is required here. I compared the midfield as the most glaring difference in quality. At Madrid he had a ready made engine. We don't have one. Do I really need to go through the entire squad to illustrate that the job Zidane had on his hands at Real is very different to the challenges he would have here? He had a squad of ready made experienced winners we don't have that. I have quoted Isco, Modric, Casemiro and Kroos - you have cited Pogba, van de Beek, Fred, McTominay, Matic and potentially Garner. The difference in quality is obvious. It's not a "joke" to compare only the midfield area, I done so because it's our biggest problem and the biggest difference between the squads. You've basically said it's a joke for me for saying that Zidane had a better squad to work with at Real. I don't see how that's a joke, he did. Comparing only the midfields is enough to tell me that. Do we really need to get into every area? He had a prime Ronaldo, we haver an ageing one. We have an ageing Cavani and Greenwood who is young and developing. I'm not downplaying what he achieved - it is immense. But it doesn't translate to the challenge here. Not only that he had a better squad at his disposal at Real, particularly the midfield. What is it you're arguing exactly? That Zidane is a good fit for us an also that the jobs are comparable in terms of the challenges faced and squads at his disposal? I don't think so.

laughtersassassin

To me he should be let go already.

But if he doesn't get 1 win and 1 draw out of City and Liverpool he has to be let go.

Sure they are tough teams but when we lose and draw to the bad teams you have to beat the best ones. Can't make excuses for it.

ashneel

Ole cannot adapt to the opposition.. same shit, different day. You already know that tried and failed formation. Even when under pressure or losing, it is sit and hope for the best. I feel sad for him but well..

shoegazing

I have a strong, strong feeling that Ole will leave his post during this season (be it after pool next week or a few months when we slip away from top 4) and we will appoint Zidane given the recent news. It all seems to be lining up.

SungSam7

I have a strong, strong feeling that Ole will leave his post during this season (be it after pool next week or a few months when we slip away from top 4) and we will appoint Zidane given the recent news. It all seems to be lining up.
There is absolutely no way you walk from your dream job without fighting till the very end in hope that it just clicks!

shoegazing

There is absolutely no way you walk from your dream job without fighting till the very end in hope that it just clicks!
I never said he'd walk away! I think when he leaves he'll be dismissed by the board however as a club legend, it would be posed in a way to seem it was a mutual decision sort of thing. He does deserve that form of respect for all he's done for us throughout his footballing career.

Status
Not open for further replies.