Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I am assuming this a troll post...

But just in case Sir Alex many, many times over his time at United spoke of wanting to leave United in a successful position so that when he left what happened after Sir Matt left didn't repeat itself. Life and circumstances meant he had to leave more abruptly than he wanted and with Gill leaving as well that transition wasn't as smooth as it could have been. The last thing Sir Alex wants us for United to not be successful.
It is.

Zevvythered

You guys raise a good point. Is Ferguson intentionally sabotaging the club to prop up his fading legacy by supporting managers he knows will take us nowhere and vetoing all the good ones? The evidence is pointing towards it unfortunately.
Please tell me I have read this wrong!!!!

Ferguson is sabotaging the club to keep his fading legacy going. what a load of horse manure, how dare you question one of our best ever managers....

Jesus weep even when the man was seriously ill all he cared about was getting back to his beloved club

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
@JPRouve is right in that the board have absolutely dug themselves a hole by signing the whole coaching staff to the new contracts and have to make financial decisions as well as footballing ones - it's going to cost a fair penny to offload them all, on top of that, the financial outlay for a new man, caretaker or otherwise.

Not that we as fans care about any of it, and can ask the question of what they'd rather risk: writing off the season and possibly losing out on the CL money, let alone trophies, as well as the upper echelons of the squad who will have every right to want out of this shambles for the sake of their own careers.

I am refreshing this thread more than any other on the caf in the hope of an update that they've finally pulled the plug. It feels like an exercise in futility, however, as my gut feeling points toward Ole going nowhere and us wasting a whole two weeks of this international window not righting the proverbial ship at the opportune time to do so.

I've never had less faith in the club than now, which is a strange thing to say in a season where we've brought in the best players the club has had in years.

What makes absolutely no sense to me is the notion Woodward wants to save face by not sacking Ole so soon after extending him; so what? The alternative is to be known as the man who kept Ole on to undo a whole season, dissolve the squad and have us in absolute ruins by May? Is that better for Woodward's legacy than trying to salvage the season?
On your last point, I think that it's something that is obvious when you look at it from the outside. You know often you need the input of a friend or a colleague on topics that are too close to you, it's not that you don't know the answer but that you need someone to push you towards it. That's why I think that the fans in the stadium are a difference maker, they can push the board in the right direction by giving them the comfort that on that question they have the popular support.

laughtersassassin

He is not getting sacked and people need to accept it.

He has too many supporters in the Board and nothing is going to affect that.

They will carry on in the hope that he will turn things around
Worst thing is it will turn around eventually as he has one of the best squads in the league.

And the problem is that is that will convince some people he is good enough again.

United Hobbit

Been dealing with a work happening for a couple of hours. Was seriously hoping I'd check back to the news he was gone

How silly of me to think the club is run with any competence

It's sad just how pathetic and small time we are.

What will it actually take to get him sacked? Starting to believe absolutely nothing will

NK86

This is going to get ugly
This is bad. I want Ole out but let's not go to the extreme of hounding him out by organising protests. Show your disgust during a game and that's fine but feel this is a step too far.

RepardReece

Why do people keep having a go at the match going fans?

It's time these people buy their own tickets and go boo for themselves.

It's not an easy thing to do.

Old Trafford is an absolutely huge stadium - watching football with people who around you at times feel just as much as random tourists just as much as they could be a football watcher.

You go there and you can barely hear a supporting volume or a song if you don't sit in the exact right areas to just expect the whole stadium to just boo when it's needed to.
It's not easy to get tickets in all honesty currently. As an official member, I personally haven't had an opportunity to go thus far. I like to go to the occasional game and have been for a good few years, but haven't managed to get any this season. Email ticket alerts do seem to be doing feck all too.

yipthatman

Yes, it’s only 8m or so. I would really love to see all these people on Caf saying that it’s nothing in a situation where they are asked to forego 1/10 of this amount because this is what you should do “if you love the club”. Notwithstanding the above, I really think that OGS truly believes that he is capable o turning the whole situation around and be successful with Man United. It’s completely crazy and will not happen but this is the mindset of most pro athletes.
Of course Biggins, its a lot of money for sure. My point is, he isn't doing his job anything like properly and he probably isn't going to get sacked as they just gave him a new contract. Sure, legally he can just stay until sacked but it's not really the honorable thing to do for the sake of the club and fans at this stage.

Would I walk? I like to think so but like you say, a lot of money is at stake. It seems everyone is stealing from Man United these days. I would have hoped Ole had a little more decency about him that's all. Bigger men than him have walked away from things.

I genuinely think he is deluded and people around him are not telling him what he needs to hear. Pretty sure the fans will let him know over the next few games. Its a shame that it came to this.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Please tell me I have read this wrong!!!!

Ferguson is sabotaging the club to keep his fading legacy going. what a load of horse manure, how dare you question one of our best ever managers....

Jesus weep even when the man was seriously ill all he cared about was getting back to his beloved club
Look we obviously see it differently. Let's just agree to agree with me.

Mainoldo

This is bad. I want Ole out but let's not go to the extreme of hounding him out by organising protests. Show your disgust during a game and that's fine but feel this is a step too far.
Did you think the Super League protest was too far?

NK86

They are absolutely saving face and the reason I mention money and the new contract is because those are things that can be aimed at the board and will be aimed at them, it's not the money in isolation that is the problem even if it's a big one but the overall context, by mitigating loses they can mitigate criticism particularly from other members of the board because it's important to remember that most board members aren't directly involved in those decisions.

And the other issue is that they did something similar with Mourinho when he shamelessly linked himself to the PSG job in October 2017, the dummies offered him an extension.
I remember that extension. Was absolutely farcical but at least he had won 2 trophies amd then backed it with a second place. This one made no sense whatsoever.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It sounds good but it makes no sense. There is a lack of options because there is always a lack of high quality options, particularly during the season. It's the reality of Football and why clubs jump on good managers whenever they are available. We missed that opportunity with Conte and will have to wait for someone to make himself available or gamble on an unknown quantity.

The options are wait or gamble.
Conte and Zidane were both out of jobs when we decided to extend his contract. Maybe Zidane didn't want to come but Conte would have and he was absolutely still available when we were embarrassed against Liverpool. The club ignored him to carry on with Ole, now a potential replacement is elsewhere.
It's also not beyond a club to look at managers who are currently employed.

hobbers

You guys raise a good point. Is Ferguson intentionally sabotaging the club to prop up his fading legacy by supporting managers he knows will take us nowhere and vetoing all the good ones? The evidence is pointing towards it unfortunately.
I think the conspiracy runs even deeper. I think SAF is cavorting with Pep and Klopp to bring United to its knees. A form of penance for all his sins as manager.

CallyRed

You might have a point. These were Ferguson's rumoured shortlist to replace him:
David Moyes
Alan Curbishley
Alan Pardew
Alf Garnett
Neil Warnock

TheMitz

Monday afternoon and still he is in a job. It just shows how low we have sunk.

Glazers, Woodward shame on you for what you are allowing to happen at OUR club.

hobbers

Forget protesting the Glazers. Joel Glazer is our only hope in getting rid of Ole.

Protest Arnold and Woodward. And Ole and McKenna.

del piero10

No, that was against the Board for being money minded cnuts. This is as much targeting a former legend.
You mean, former legend who is intentionally destroying the club by knowing he is not up to job and not resigning to collect more money which he has not earned anyway.

Foxbatt

Maybe someone like SAF can arrange an agreement with the club for Ole to walk away and get reasonable compensation?

laughtersassassin

I wouldn't protest against Ole but a few "Thanks Ole but it's time to go Signs" at the next game would be good.

Shows him respect while also calling it how it is

Hectic

Supports
30fps
You might have a point. These were Ferguson's rumoured shortlist to replace him:
David Moyes
Alan Curbishley
Alan Pardew
Alf Garnett
Neil Warnock
It's a bitter pill to swallow and if we look truly long term and how long it may take to get back to the top level with the money it will require there is a serious question as to whether Ferguson was perhaps the most damaging thing to happen to the club.

Sviken

Forget protesting the Glazers. Joel Glazer is our only hope in getting rid of Ole.

Protest Arnold and Woodward. And Ole and McKenna.
If there are protests, they should be aimed at the Glazers. Make them sell. Otherwise it's pointless. Glazers are idiots and are never gonna appoint competent men in place of Arnold or Woodward. Only hope this club has is if they sell and someone who actually cares about football or is at least a competent businessman takes over.

Mainoldo

No, that was against the Board for being money minded cnuts. This is as much targeting a former legend.
No. It’s against the board decision to not sack him. It’s the same thing. How can you not see that.

red4ever 79

Conte and Zidane were both out of jobs when we decided to extend his contract. Maybe Zidane didn't want to come but Conte would have and he was absolutely still available when we were embarrassed against Liverpool. The club ignored him to carry on with Ole, now a potential replacement is elsewhere.
It's also not beyond a club to look at managers who are currently employed.
Eddie Howe is free for christ sake. Give it him until the summer. Jesus christ just get Ole out.

Superden

David Moyes
Alan Curbishley
Alan Pardew
Alf Garnett
Neil Warnock
Alf Garnett, hed have had no time for carlos kickaballs, wed have had a team with real pashun.

yipthatman

Your amazing support will not be missed.
I really don't think he is the only one thinking this way. It's entertainment after all. If we play pony every match of course people will get bored. Simple as that.

It's not even as if we are losing whilst having a good go, most people don't mind that.

The bottom line is most people watch United at home on the TV and their 'support' or lack of won't affect the manager in any way. It may save their sanity though.

Even for match going fans, no amount of support at this stage would suddenly make Ole become a tactical genius anyway.

Flytan

I have legitimately 0 faith any fans local enough to attend these protests will actually follow through with them. There will be a couple hundred show up for a few hours and it will die. The board knows Ole's done and toasted but they still won't fire him because it reflects bad on them. The Glazers are shit owners. But anyone on that board needs to be forced out of the club just as much as them. Sometimes you have to tackle the rot from bottom to top, start with teh manager and go up.

Superden

any movement at Carrington today? at least after liverpool there was talk of schedules being cleared and hastily arranged meetings...this time theres nothing.

CallyRed

It's a bitter pill to swallow and if we look truly long term and how long it may take to get back to the top level with the money it will require there is a serious question as to whether Ferguson was perhaps the most damaging thing to happen to the club.
What If Ole didn't score that goal? We'd have Ralph Ragnorak in charge

Giggsyking

I understand were in a real mess right now but why is Van Basten commenting on us ? Zero connection to United, It just seems when it's United the issue is blown out of proportion x100, who next, Barry Manilow on whether we should stick with a 3-5-2 or 4-3-3 ?
He is a pundit ffs, what do you want him to say after the match? "I cant comment because I have no connection with united"?

Status
Not open for further replies.