Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flytan

any movement at Carrington today? at least after liverpool there was talk of schedules being cleared and hastily arranged meetings...this time theres nothing.
Guessing as soon as we won 3-0 at Tottenham any hope for firing manager died. Won battle lost war metaphor.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Conte and Zidane were both out of jobs when we decided to extend his contract. Maybe Zidane didn't want to come but Conte would have and he was absolutely still available when we were embarrassed against Liverpool. The club ignored him to carry on with Ole, now a potential replacement is elsewhere.
It's also not beyond a club to look at managers who are currently employed.
We are talking about today not last summer. And almost no good manager is moving while employed, particularly this year when a large amount of good managers moved 4 months ago. My entire point is to put things in context and you demonstrate exactly my issue with some fans, you don't actually care about context at all. I'm done with Ole, so I'm not making the point that he should stay, I'm making the point that the reason he still has a job are obvious when you look at the context.

Rose, Marsch and Nagelsmann moved this summer. Zidane is allegedly not interested in taking a job immediately. Ten Hag rejected all moves this summer and extended his contract because he has unfinished business. Conte was available but the board didn't want him for some reason. That's the situation in November 2021, there is no point reinventing the past.

So we are in the territory of Howe, Favre, Blanc, Koeman or Di Matteo. While some of them seem better than Ole, they don't actually guaratee anything, they don't have a history of turning fortunes quickly which makes the decision to sack Ole not that obvious for the board who is going to spot the fact they are pretty close to a lose-lose situation whatever they do.

I personally would go with Favre or Howe with a 0.5+1 contract but I can see why people would object to that.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
any movement at Carrington today? at least after liverpool there was talk of schedules being cleared and hastily arranged meetings...this time theres nothing.
Unfortunately all we have is this clip of Ole arriving:

Giggsyking

I voted for him to stay as I just had too much love for him as a player.

However I don't want him to stay now but can't bring myself to pull the trigger
You were criticizing anyone who criticize him in the past two years, but now you come up with this logic and you want people to take your arguments seriously?

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
No, that was against the Board for being money minded cnuts. This is as much targeting a former legend.
I personally do not have a yay/nay in the protest but let's be real here - this legend would be targeted for being a shit manager. This is exactly the problem with Mates United FC at the moment. Ole the player is not the same as Ole the manager. Sentiment should have no play in business decision necessary for the health of the club.

pseudo_canadian

I've been a supporter of United for over 40 years, through the lean years and the good ones.

The treatment of the Women's Team and their inspirational manager Casey Stoney had me very worried about the direction of this club. The whole Super-league business was another low point. But the continued acceptance of wasting the careers of good professional players, young and old with an incompetent regime built on old school friendships rather than professional attitudes and a demand for excellence has taken me to almost breaking point.

If the club continue with Ole in charge they are just interested in a quiet life and turning over some cash from a "visitor attraction" at Old Trafford.

If that's the case then I'm done. If Ole is in charge for the Watford game in any other capacity than as a "Final send-off" then I will be done following the club that I've followed for over 40 years.

Right now I can't even talk to my Dad about the club any more. His team was the Busby Babes, and I can't look him in the eye and talk about supporting United with any passion or heart, because it has just become a supermarket rather than the heart of a community.
Thanks for your perspective. Your visitor attraction comment is spot on - the club/Old Trafford has essentially become Disney Land for adults.

Very depressing, and at the moment, hard to see how things will turnaround - even if they do sack Ole.

kps88

It's money from the club he loves so i really would expect him to not consider that.
It's business at the end of the day. Who knows when he'll get another job the way this one is going. It's not like the club is short on money.

lsd

The Oracle
You were criticizing anyone who criticize him in the past two years, but now you come up with this logic and you want people to take your arguments seriously?

I am the Board. I know he is not good enough but not going to do anything about it

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
You might have a point. These were Ferguson's rumoured shortlist to replace him:
David Moyes
Alan Curbishley
Alan Pardew
Alf Garnett
Neil Warnock
The original poster is trolling but there’s definitely some merit to the theory Ferguson wasn’t/wouldn’t be overly enamoured with the idea of his legacy being usurped by an ‘outsider’ since his retirement? How else can you justify his mental decision to throw Moyes the hand grenade that was the Rooney transfer request fiasco on the eve of Ferguson retiring? Moyes was fighting fires from the get-go and a lot of them weren’t even his own doing.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The protest will be countered by a 1000 City and Liverpool fans showing up and singing "You are my Solskjaer, my only Solskjaer...."

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The board are just scared to get rid of their safety barrier. Spineless cowards.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Thanks for your perspective. Your visitor attraction comment is spot on - the club/Old Trafford has essentially become Disney Land for adults.

Very depressing, and at the moment, hard to see how things will turnaround - even if they do sack Ole.
Funny you mention that as it was Klopp who claimed Woodward called it that, and supposedly put him off on the job (along with other reasons).

Foxbatt

You might have a point. These were Ferguson's rumoured shortlist to replace him:
David Moyes
Alan Curbishley
Alan Pardew
Alf Garnett
Neil Warnock
You had me there. I had to check who is this new and upcoming manager?
How about Mike Bassett? He at least coached the England national team.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Is he? I thought he has gone to Newcastle?
From the little I've seen, Newcastle are doing a Glazers and want to keep Bruce's backroom staff. Howe is aware he would get sacked in no time there and so wants to ensure he doesn't have another thing pushing out ASAP.

macheda14

I've been a supporter of United for over 40 years, through the lean years and the good ones.

The treatment of the Women's Team and their inspirational manager Casey Stoney had me very worried about the direction of this club. The whole Super-league business was another low point. But the continued acceptance of wasting the careers of good professional players, young and old with an incompetent regime built on old school friendships rather than professional attitudes and a demand for excellence has taken me to almost breaking point.

If the club continue with Ole in charge they are just interested in a quiet life and turning over some cash from a "visitor attraction" at Old Trafford.

If that's the case then I'm done. If Ole is in charge for the Watford game in any other capacity than as a "Final send-off" then I will be done following the club that I've followed for over 40 years.

Right now I can't even talk to my Dad about the club any more. His team was the Busby Babes, and I can't look him in the eye and talk about supporting United with any passion or heart, because it has just become a supermarket rather than the heart of a community.
Just a question, if Ole is in charge for a lot longer and you follow through with being done? but come summer we replace him with an exciting manager and start winning things will you still be done?

Flytan

We are talking about today not last summer. And almost no good manager is moving while employed, particularly this year when a large amount of good managers moved 4 months ago. My entire point is to put things in context and you demonstrate exactly my issue with some fans, you don't actually care about context at all. I'm done with Ole, so I'm not making the point that he should stay, I'm making the point that the reason he still has a job are obvious when you look at the context.

Rose, Marsch and Nagelsmann moved this summer. Zidane is allegedly not interested in taking a job immediately. Ten Hag rejected all moves this summer and extended his contract because he has unfinished business. Conte was available but the board didn't want him for some reason. That's the situation in November 2021, there is no point reinventing the past.

So we are in the territory of Howe, Favre, Blanc, Koeman or Di Matteo. While some of them seem better than Ole, they don't actually guaratee anything, they don't have a history of turning fortunes quickly which makes the decision to sack Ole not that obvious for the board who is going to spot the fact they are pretty close to a lose-lose situation whatever they do.

I personally would go with Favre or Howe with a 0.5+1 contract but I can see why people would object to that.
I think people disagree with how shite Ole actually is though. You believe there are no better options. Other people think almost anyone who's managed a team before is. It all depends on if he's lost the players. If you think he's lost the players the latter argument of anyone being better is obvious. Maguire was basically crying when he said he didn't have belief. Leaks have come out over a month now with players Ole wanted to stay (Lingard, Bailly, DVB) not getting gametime when it seemed like they were told they would. There's been recorded instances of 5+ of him playing players either unfit or sick (Rashford x2, Lingard, Lindelof x2, Maguire - not counting rumored ones like Varane etc.). More stories about Bruno (who in interviews also seems at best neutral towards Ole based on comments actually coming from his mouth) and Ronaldo being done with him. I think that yes, people are ignoring context that it's hard to get a caretaker in, but I think some people are also ignoring some context about just how bad this can get. Top 4 is a pipe dream at this rate. The players are getting more toxic every loss. The longer this goes on the more wasteful the season becomes. Of course the caretaker might feck it up even more, but at least then they are a caretaker and the players will understand that. If he stays in the post and players like Sancho and Bruno say "feck it" this club is a disaster, Ole's continued presence at this club will set it back further than anything Mourinho's intentional toxicity did.

So basically: if he's lost the players, there is no recovering. The quick the plug is pulled even for random fired manager #43 is a better option. If you think the players haven't lost faith, then sure I get the mindset of "no one else around". I just think that because he's a former ex-player that our CURRENT (they're more important) have to be careful how they act because fans still supporting Ole will blame them when Ole inevitably falls further.

sdb4884

It would be funny if Ranieri bested him too. The board are indeed spineless bastards. Sure lets not try to salvage the situation before it becomes a complete write-off.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think people disagree with how shite Ole actually is though. You believe there are no better options. Other people think almost anyone who's managed a team before is. It all depends on if he's lost the players. If you think he's lost the players the latter argument of anyone being better is obvious. Maguire was basically crying when he said he didn't have belief. Leaks have come out over a month now with players Ole wanted to stay (Lingard, Bailly, DVB) not getting gametime when it seemed like they were told they would. There's been recorded instances of 5+ of him playing players either unfit or sick (Rashford x2, Lingard, Lindelof x2, Maguire - not counting rumored ones like Varane etc.). More stories about Bruno (who in interviews also seems at best neutral towards Ole based on comments actually coming from his mouth) and Ronaldo being done with him. I think that yes, people are ignoring context that it's hard to get a caretaker in, but I think some people are also ignoring some context about just how bad this can get. Top 4 is a pipe dream at this rate. The players are getting more toxic every loss. The longer this goes on the more wasteful the season becomes. Of course the caretaker might feck it up even more, but at least then they are a caretaker and the players will understand that. If he stays in the post and players like Sancho and Bruno say "feck it" this club is a disaster, Ole's continued presence at this club will set it back further than anything Mourinho's intentional toxicity did.

So basically: if he's lost the players, there is no recovering. The quick the plug is pulled even for random fired manager #43 is a better option. If you think the players haven't lost faith, then sure I get the mindset of "no one else around". I just think that because he's a former ex-player that our CURRENT (they're more important) have to be careful how they act because fans still supporting Ole will blame them when Ole inevitably falls further.
No I believe that there are no top 4 caliber managers currently, I clearly said that some are better than Ole but not good enough to guarantee anything. And anyone thinking that anyone is a better manager is a moron, there is no two way about it and no reason to sugar coat it, there is a point where emotions shouldn't supersede sense.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

I agree that context matters, I just think if you look at only this moment as your context then you miss the wider issue of how we got to this point.

Conor

It's a bitter pill to swallow and if we look truly long term and how long it may take to get back to the top level with the money it will require there is a serious question as to whether Ferguson was perhaps the most damaging thing to happen to the club.
You don't have a clue, Ferguson's plan all along has been to induce a series of events that will eventually lead to us to hiring Kerlon as player-manager, culminating in him doing the seal dribble around the centre circle at Old Trafford thrice under a half moon. This is the most commonly known way of interacting with the after life, and provides immortality to those that witness it. Fergie has known this all along, as he was told by Epstein in late 2014, and this is the reason why Old Trafford has the very sudden decline around the pitch, as it will keep the spirits from leaving, while Ferguson gains never ending life.

Ixion

Imagine being so bad at your job but your bosses just accept it because they can't be bothered to interview any potential replacements.

Skills

Snitch
I'm pretty sure somewhere someone's telling the decision makers at the club, that this is exactly like 88-90 like it was under Fergie and they just need to ride out the next couple of years.

Rolaholic

We've actually been just as bad in Europe, it's just that Ronaldo has pulled a few points out of his arse for us repeatedly

Does anyone at the club actually watch our games??

hobbers

Keep him until top four is no longer mathematically possible.

Forget DNA what this club has is a DNR.

Status
Not open for further replies.