Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseunited

Afew whispers last night that he had 2 games to sort this mess out.Last night was a great European night.Half the Atalanta squad missing and when that wall of noise hit them right at the start of the second half there was only ever going to be one winner after Rashford scored.Sunday,once again,Ole's neck will be on the block and I believe 3 games after that he'll be gone.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Afew whispers last night that he had 2 games to sort this mess out.Last night was a great European night.Half the Atalanta squad missing and when that wall of noise hit them right at the start of the second half there was only ever going to be one winner after Rashford scored.Sunday,once again,Ole's neck will be on the block and I believe 3 games after that he'll be gone.
Whispers from where?

And incidentally, are we actually being linked with any potential replacements for Ole? Or is it all entirely wishful thinking by fans at the moment?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I wonder how this poll would have looked if it was posted today rather than right after Ole's possibly worst game in charge. I have no doubt that the majority in here wants him out, but there's no way it's almost 90%.

Then again, a lot of good posters have stopped reading the football forum because of all the toxicity, so it may actually be true :p
They are always going to be biased by the last result. I've not voted so I can't see names but I'm guessing the poll will mainly represent the type of posters that demand a poll after every defeat rather than the average fan.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
They are always going to be biased by the last result. I've not voted so I can't see names but I'm guessing the poll will mainly represent the type of posters that demand a poll after every defeat rather than the average fan.
It was under 10% before yesterday wanting him to not get sacked - 13% now. A win on Sunday and it’ll jump to 25% - beat Spurs the week after and we’ll have threads saying we’re winning the league :lol:

BigRon1985

I'm resigned to him seeing his contract out - the man is like Japanese Knotweed!

You will never be able to get rid of him as he will always (like last night) just do enough to keep himself in the job. It's like he has an unlimited amount of rabbits he keeps pulling out of his hat every time his neck is on the block. We have turned into late Wenger era Arsenal......

Andersonson

Another thread about Ole out. Same as the others just a different wrapping.

The opinions about is fine, some want him to stay and the majority wants him out. Atleast on this forum.

We all know this as we have around 10 threads discussing the exact same. Do we really need 10 threads with the same whining and toxicity? Is it good for the place?

I think not, i barely read in here these days

Wilt

Another thread about Ole out. Same as the others just a different wrapping.

The opinions about is fine, some want him to stay and the majority wants him out. Atleast on this forum.

We all know this as we have around 10 threads discussing the exact same. Do we really need 10 threads with the same whining and toxicity? Is it good for the place?

I think not, i barely read in here these days
This thread differs in as much it has a poll …..and it ain’t looking good for Ole.

Banat

All of our major rivals were cheering for us last night and for Ole to stay as long as possible. This fact alone should tell you enough in case your eyes deceive you.
We should be happy that we won a thriller game against severely weakened Atalanta team sitting 6 in serie A? Progress :lol:
Can't believe 13% would like him to stay as our manager, I guarantee majority who voted "Stay" are rival fans.
Why don't you make voting public?

AbstruseAlan

Ole deserves this season.

Granted if we don't win anything or put in a serious title bid, he has to go.

As for replacements, god knows. Every top manager either doesn't suit us or is in a stable job.

FatTails

The complete lack of self-awareness of Ole’s cult is really something else at this point :lol:

The fact that a win against a team on a fraction of our budget and wage bill, who were missing five starters, who went 2-0 up in the first half, at Old Trafford, warrants you coming into every Ole-related thread with the equivalent of “See?” tells you all you need to know about your own expectations of United under Ole.

I’d wait for us to string a few wins on the trot before I start swinging my cock around if I was you, just saying.

Last edited:

Fletchageddon

Lads. Tuchel won't be at Chelsea by the end of next season and they'll start the whole merrygo round off again? Is that really what you want? A new manager every 2/3 years? No identity? They are a fake club. As are City and PSG.

True clubs and true fans understand tradition. There's a right and honourable way to win. If you don't understand that you don't understand United.

Denis79

Lads. Tuchel won't be at Chelsea by the end of next season and they'll start the whole merrygo round off again? Is that really what you want? A new manager every 2/3 years? No identity? They are a fake club. As are City and PSG.

True clubs and true fans understand tradition. There's a right and honourable way to win. If you don't understand that you don't understand United.
Explain

AneRu

Unless we get beat by big margins against Pool and City, can't see Ole getting the sack so soon. I think the result yesterday has brought him some time. The only way it would happen is if there was a severe frustration among the big stars in the dressing room, which is unlikely.

Now watch as we draw the games against both those teams and he keeps the job.
As far as I am concerned Ole is done here we are just postponing the inevitable but if he emerges from the Liverpool and City games relatively unscathed in addition to qualifying for the CL knockouts then he'd have earned more time. Failing to arrest the currente malaise is what's unacceptable and warrants an immediate sacking.

As much as I am convinced that he is not the right man for the job he still deserves a chance to fight for what must be his dream job and a once in a lifetime opportunity to do it at the highest level. In that vein I won't begrudge him his right to fight, the board on the other hand is to blame if we end up falling too far behind because they can't be decisive.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
If we lose to both Pool and City, we are likely to be around 10th in the table. I doubt that the Glazers will sack him even then. Most likely towards the end of the season, the moment we are mathematically out of top 4.
Why would we suddenly be out of top4 when we came 3rd and 2nd previous years?

Kaos

Chelsea have won two European cups on the back of changing managers mid season. We can laugh at City and Chelsea' plasticity all we like but they've been consistent contenders for a while now. You think they care we're calling them plastics while they mop up every prize as they laugh at us offering new contracts for the ex-Molde and Cardiff manager who seemingly needs hundreds of millions to merely keep us in the top 4.

And what tradition are we abiding by here? Standing by clearly inept managers out of their depth because "United DNA" and vibes?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
He’ll survive this season (at least).

The Glazers are not ambitious like Roman, City etc, and they want a yes man who won’t expose their incompetence or publicly challenge them.

People have to realise that Ole, with his emotional bridge to the fans and absolute delight to be in a top job, is the perfect manager for them.

He’s a manager that matches their level of ambition and competence and they’ll just be hoping that the fans remain on side.

He certainly won’t be going anywhere this season.

Wilt

The complete lack of self-awareness of Ole’s cult is really something else at this point :lol:

The fact that a win against a team on a fraction of our budget and wage bill, who were missing five starters, who went 2-0 up in the first half, at Old Trafford, warrants you coming into every Ole-related thread with the equivalent of “See?” tells you all you need to know about your own expectations of United under Ole.

I’d wait for us to string a few wins on the trot before I start swinging my cock around if I was you, just saying.
:lol: QFT

Flytan

Yes I want to behave like every other club in world football and not live in some hypothetical world that doesn't exist anymore.

Flytan

Well then
I mean I'm probably one of the most Ole out proponents in existence but the result against Liverpool shouldn't change things much in either direction for anybody. We know all of his shortcomings and the decision should be made regardless of that result. If the board is clueless enough to back him against losses like Leicester, Villareal, and everything else, why would losing to Liverpool change that?

the chameleon

We're a football club competing in the modern game. This House Stark trying to be honourable. You argument has no teeth. Unless you're a fortune teller and see into the future that Tuchel will be fired.

Gasolin

Why would we suddenly be out of top4 when we came 3rd and 2nd previous years?
They love to build up pressure. It is a scary list of fixtures but we have always won those games and we had a better start than those last 2 seasons so I expect us to be a bit more competitive at the end.

el3mel

He’ll survive this season (at least).

The Glazers are not ambitious like Roman, City etc, and they want a yes man who won’t expose their incompetence or publicly challenge them.

People have to realise that Ole, with his emotional bridge to the fans and absolute delight to be in a top job, is the perfect manager for them.

He’s a manager that matches their level of ambition and competence and they’ll just be hoping that the fans remain on side.

He certainly won’t be going anywhere this season.
Glazers have bumped a lot of money in the team under Ole. Even them will get annoyed at one point by not winning anything worthy of such investment.

Waynne

No. Nothing is going to happen if we lose.
I want him gone by the end of the season. I don't support sacking him now regardless of the Liverpool result but the club should have his replacement lined up by the end of the season.
I support the board taking their time to identify the right manager.

Carolina Red

Staff

How many managers did United sack between Busby and SAF?

el3mel

Who gives a shit how much time a manager spends at the club ? All that matter is how much they win during their period at the club.

Tuchel can be sacked tomorrow and he'll leave Chelsea with a CL trophy. I'll take that very much, thank you.

Also we already sacked 3 managers since SAF retired. When were these traditions when Moyes was sacked 8 months in his 6 years contract ?

Just a bunch of nonsense that has no ground to stand on to be honest.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

This is an antiquated way of looking at the issue. The bottom line is winning trophies.

InfiniteBoredom

Real, Barca, Juve, Bayern, Liverpool are all fake clubs by your reckoning then? Or for that matter, past European giants like Benfica, Ajax, Milan? Or the multitude of other football clubs?

Chairman Steve

We have never had to face the concept of chopping and changing managers between 1993 and 2013, because we had one of the best out there… arguably the best there has ever been. We’ve lived in the cocoon of never having to worry about the manager losing his touch because he never really did. He was great all the way to the end.

Our European peers did not have that cheat code. They had great managers too but they ran out of steam after a while and they move on, and some just become extinct and time passes them by. Sir Alex Ferguson successfully evolved with the times as the likes of Capello, Sacchi, Eriksson, Del Bosque, Hitzfeld, Wenger faded into obscurity. Ferguson was a true renaissance man in football.

So what we’re doing now is the norm. We chop and change until we find someone who’s good. I agree that they need time but I think it’s foolish to persist with an average or bad manager, no matter how bad you want it to work because of the sentimentality attached to it. Acting on blind faith isn’t the best way forward.

I believe that trusting Solskjaer to get us back on track based on his Molde and Cardiff experience, is the equalivalent of NASA trusting me to run the Space Shuttle program based on my Grade A in GCSE Physics.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.