Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph1386

I think so! But the problem is there are very few viable candidates out there. Zidane by all accounts doesn't fancy it, any other decent managers are all tied up in long term contracts. A caretaker is the only realistic option but who do we go for?? Really fecked up by not getting Conte.
It is not our job as fans to find an interim manager, but I am sure there is a list of interim managers we could enquire if they fancy the job. Off the top of my head we could ask Laurent Blanc. I’m not saying he would say yes. But if they had done their job right, they could ask a list of potential interims, and I’m sure one of them would say yes.

There is no shortage of football managers on the planet. Certainly not a shortage of ones better than Ole.

Varane around town

Listen, I'm desperate and I'm looking for any reason to believe that we'll be rid of Solskjaer in the next days.

..... but the way that Solskjaer waved to the fans.... did make me wonder

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Any other top club and he’d have already gone. I’m starting to have serious doubts that we’ll pull the plug

Reiver

If this is true its utter madness, defies belief. I don't blame Ole at this point. He's not good enough and no manager walks when they will get a multi million pound pay off. This shambles is the Board's doing. They've had weeks to come up with an alternative, even just a caretaker to see the season out. An announcement of his sacking should already have happened. We are a complete and utter shambles.

Dante

Average bang
If I had to put money on it, I'd reckon Phelan is going to be manager for Villareal. After that, it's anybody's guess who's going to take over.

The thing is, for all those people who have been screaming 'sack him now!' for the last few weeks, that's only a fraction of the story. You also have to worry about who's going to become the next caretaker manager, and whether the caretaker manager is going to impact long term plans for the next permanent manager. Because most top managers are only going to be available after the summer.

We have to be proactive rather than reactive in the coming weeks. Poor planning is what's got us to this state in the first place.

Dominos

I think people are overreacting to this.

United don't want to be criticised for leaking the sacking to the press before they've made it official with Ole himself. United want the media to go quiet so they can announce it themselves. Sky will report whatever the club brief them.

He'll be gone by Monday, there's far too smoke for him to surivive this, they're not sending him out to manage the Villareal game.

Affirmation

On Streford Paddock's most recent video, both Howson and Jay stated that they have been contacted by "those who would know" stating that there wasn't really a board meeting and that that Ole is already going, it's just a matter of sorting his compensation.

Ralph1386

Maybe Sky should have said no announcement instead of no decision. Maybe they’ve decided but they won’t announce it until they hear back from Zidane, Rodgers and whoever they’re trying to get.

Blood Mage

On Streford Paddock's most recent video, both Howson and Jay stated that they have been contacted by "those who would know" stating that there wasn't really a board meeting and that that Ole is already going, it's just a matter of sorting his compensation.
Those chancers know feck all

Withnail

It's both. It's not like the board are keeping Ole prisoner. If he cared for the club as much as he likes to spout about, he'd do the dignified thing and resign. It's not like he is hurting for money either.
Mate come on... Nobody is resigning.

Also do you think it's a laudable act for someone to walk away from a role when the clueless board have nobody lined up?

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United

Rajma

If this is true its utter madness, defies belief. I don't blame Ole at this point. He's not good enough and no manager walks when they will get a multi million pound pay off. This shambles is the Board's doing. They've had weeks to come up with an alternative, even just a caretaker to see the season out. An announcement of his sacking should already have happened. We are a complete and utter shambles.
No manager? He’s apparently the club legend that cares about us? Or maybe it’s total bs and he’s just another money grabbing whore same as previous guys before him? Gatusso and Pirlo had it them to step step out.

the_cliff

His post match interview is just grim to watch, he doesn't know what he's talking about. Poor guy.

I actually feel bad for him, he's a nice guy, club legend but the board need to just put everyone out of their misery.

Ibrahimorich

Isn't there some stock market rule that means it wouldn't be announced until Monday anyway?

Wilt

Poll hardly moved ….I’d like to see who wants to ‘give him more time’

Dan-Utd

To be fair, if we sack Ole Gunnar Solskjær I can see the interim being a former player and then we'll go on a good run just like when Ole Gunnar Solskjær arrived - the interim will get the job and then 2 years on we will be in the same position again,

If the allegations about Ryan Giggs hadn't been made, a few good results for Wales and we would have been bringing him in, even more so after the time he was in the paper saying his chance wouldn't come again, we seem to want a nice guy at the club who will back the board to the hilt.

These are professional footballers, you've got Ronaldo who wants to be trained hard, he needs others around him who are going to push him to the limit, but Ole Gunnar Solskjær is more of a friend so he's not going to get those players literally fighting each other for their place in the team.

I think we have a decent squad so it's not a big rebuild that we need, two defenders to replace Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Harry Maguire and one established 30+ year old midfielder would be enough.

The problem we have is we seem to insist on buying an English player and paying a stupid price for him, Harry Maguire is one - yes he won the Premier League but that season Leicester we doing so well in attack that you can't really say Harry's defending was the key to it.

Luke Shaw was English and cost a lot but he was in a team that were doing well so he wasn't always looking like the standout player but you could see his potential to improve from then on, then you look at Aaron Wan-Bissaka his team were not doing so well and he looked good in a poor team, the same with Wilfried Zaha, poor team, standout player, it's easier to look good and for people to see you as being better than you are in a poor team than it is in a decent team.

Rather than buying young English players whose prices are inflated just because they are English, lets get scouting abroad for some young players, you can get three for the price of one,

Although at the minute I think we have plenty of young talent in the squad that can be developed so really we need some established players to help develop them, Cristiano Ronaldo and Raphael Varane can do that but I'm not sure Bruno Fernandes can as for me he has a bit of an ego which I'd expect from a Champions League winner and doesn't seem the type to be able to be bothered about trying to fire up the rest of the team, but we need one hard man in the midfield who can really motivate the players around him.

Eventually and probably at the end of next season we will need one class striker for when Ronaldo starts to be managed in a way that gets the best out of him while also not playing in as many games.

Paul Pogba should be sold, we need consistent players, he's never been established in the Premier League and for me he's been like Fernando Torres at Chelsea, retired at what he's best at and a shadow of how he used to be and that went on, and on, and on and he was never the same.

Managerwise, do we go old? do we go young?

Zidane - I hope not, he had good money and top quality players in depth, he won't have that luxury here

We need someone who is youngish but also has a desire to keep being better, Pep Guardiola used to moan at his players even when 4-0 up, someone with a slight arrogance and a mean streak... but a mean streak that he keeps indoors rather than alienating his own players in the public domain. young upcoming managers may struggle to get the respect of senior players.

So... he may cost a lot of money but he's a winner, he's not soft and he can be demanding of his players...
Diego Simeone

lex talionis

It also may be posters who cast their vote mo the ago and have not yet bothered to update their vote.

the_cliff

To be fair, if we sack Ole Gunnar Solskjær I can see the interim being a former player and then we'll go on a good run just like when Ole Gunnar Solskjær arrived - the interim will get the job and then 2 years on we will be in the same position again,

If the allegations about Ryan Giggs hadn't been made, a few good results for Wales and we would have been bringing him in, even more so after the time he was in the paper saying his chance wouldn't come again, we seem to want a nice guy at the club who will back the board to the hilt.

These are professional footballers, you've got Ronaldo who wants to be trained hard, he needs others around him who are going to push him to the limit, but Ole Gunnar Solskjær is more of a friend so he's not going to get those players literally fighting each other for their place in the team.

I think we have a decent squad so it's not a big rebuild that we need, two defenders to replace Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Harry Maguire and one established 30+ year old midfielder would be enough.

The problem we have is we seem to insist on buying an English player and paying a stupid price for him, Harry Maguire is one - yes he won the Premier League but that season Leicester we doing so well in attack that you can't really say Harry's defending was the key to it.

Luke Shaw was English and cost a lot but he was in a team that were doing well so he wasn't always looking like the standout player but you could see his potential to improve from then on, then you look at Aaron Wan-Bissaka his team were not doing so well and he looked good in a poor team, the same with Wilfried Zaha, poor team, standout player, it's easier to look good and for people to see you as being better than you are in a poor team than it is in a decent team.

Rather than buying young English players whose prices are inflated just because they are English, lets get scouting abroad for some young players, you can get three for the price of one,

Although at the minute I think we have plenty of young talent in the squad that can be developed so really we need some established players to help develop them, Cristiano Ronaldo and Raphael Varane can do that but I'm not sure Bruno Fernandes can as for me he has a bit of an ego which I'd expect from a Champions League winner and doesn't seem the type to be able to be bothered about trying to fire up the rest of the team, but we need one hard man in the midfield who can really motivate the players around him.

Eventually and probably at the end of next season we will need one class striker for when Ronaldo starts to be managed in a way that gets the best out of him while also not playing in as many games.

Paul Pogba should be sold, we need consistent players, he's never been established in the Premier League and for me he's been like Fernando Torres at Chelsea, retired at what he's best at and a shadow of how he used to be and that went on, and on, and on and he was never the same.

Managerwise, do we go old? do we go young?

Zidane - I hope not, he had good money and top quality players in depth, he won't have that luxury here

We need someone who is youngish but also has a desire to keep being better, Pep Guardiola used to moan at his players even when 4-0 up, someone with a slight arrogance and a mean streak... but a mean streak that he keeps indoors rather than alienating his own players in the public domain. young upcoming managers may struggle to get the respect of senior players.

So... he may cost a lot of money but he's a winner, he's not soft and he can be demanding of his players...
Diego Simeone
You'd rather have Simeone than Zidane ?

Have you ever seen Atletico play ?

Ixion

He just has to go, there is no option. The performances all season have been poor bar maybe 2 games, he has literally no other ideas than this 4-2-4 abomination thats causing us to leak goals. If he was trying some new things, dropping players out of form, we looked capable of keeping the ball for more than 5 passes and were maybe developing a style then maybe...but there is just nothing. We're doing nothing different now than the Villa or Everton games.

Status
Not open for further replies.